Johnson's Custom Cakes

Johnson’s Custom Cakes is a wedding and custom cake boutique in beautiful Wellington, Florida. We strive to provide custom, one-of-a-kind cakes for every client. Our passion is to produce breathtaking cakes and desserts that will be remembered for years to come. We will work with you to take your ideas and inspiration and turn them into reality. Call today to schedule your complimentary cake tasting and consultation! 561.422.0303

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

9148 Forest Hill Blvd, Wellington, FL Palm Beach County, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami (561) 422-0303
PINTEREST

Beautiful and Delicious

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Lymarie L

Jennifer is fantastic! Our wedding was a Sunday brunch and we decided to have cupcakes in different flavors. Not only cupcakes were delicious but the decoration was beyond beautiful with all natural orchids. They were very professional and very attentive to what your want and... Read More ideas. I really recommend Johnson's Custom Cakes.

Just love Jennifer

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Ashley

Jennifer was just wonderful. I felt like I knew her forever. Our cake was absolutely scrumptious. She kept thinking of adding things, like fresh strawberries and doing different flavors for different layers and never adjusted the price. Her price beat everyone, even Publix, but... Read More her service never showed it. After we told her how much we dislike all the typical cake frostings, she did a custom one for us at no extra charge. I would recommend her to everyone.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Kristie W

They recreated my cake exactly how I imagined! Not only was the cake stunning but it was delicious too. We also used them for my bridal shower too!! Beautiful beautiful Work! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Melissa L

Johnson’s Custom Cakes was recommended to me by my wedding venue. After doing a tasting with them and another bakery, my husband and I decided to hire Johnson’s Custom Cakes because of the texture of their cake and the flavor combinations. Jennifer (the owner and head baker)... Read More took our ideas and aesthetic into consideration and recommended 3 cakes (instead of one) in coordinating designs and each with its own flavor. I’m also happy to say that the cakes looked as beautiful as they were delicious. During and after the wedding everyone kept telling us how delicious the cakes were. (My husband’s and my favorite was the vanilla cake with pineapple and coconut swiss meringue and pineapple puree). I’m so glad I hired them for my wedding cakes and I’m already looking forward to asking them to replicate the top tier for our anniversary.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Yanet G

Jennifer did my wedding cake. The cake was beautiful, it was ocean style with starfish and blue ombre color. The taste was beyond delicious, it was coconut and pinapple and it was so moist and tender. I saved the top layer in the freezer and I can't wait to eat it next year. I'm... Read More so happy I picked you to do my wedding cake. Great job, thanks!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Desiree R

WOW!!! Our cake was not only the most beautiful cake, but it was the most delicious and moist cake our guests ever had. I highly recommend Johnson's Custom Cakes to all!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Katie L

Jennifer Johnson was one of four different cake vendors we met with and our favorite by a mile. Everything she did was what we wanted. From the get-go we sat down, and told her our vision/ideas and she was already drawing and coming up with different designs. The tasting was... Read More hands down one of our favorites. The day of the tasting there was a frosting choice we did not know about but were interested in trying, so Jennifer ran to back and made it on the spot! She also gave us some extra cake to be able to share with families at home, which was nice for them to be able to try rather than us simply trying to explain it. Her pricing is extremely reasonable, especially considering the quality of the taste, the appearance and decorations. We highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Sydelle C

Jennifer was amazing to work with for our wedding cake design! And the flavors she had to offer were all so delicious. Beautiful cake and delicious taste!

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Amy M

I had my wedding at Jupiter Beach Resort who uses one of a few vendors of cake makers. Johnson's Custom Cakes was at the taste testing I had where I got to experience their many different flavors and ideas of cake combos. I loved them then. I had an even better experience... Read More when I went to design my cake with Jennifer the owner. She was super responsive and helped me create the perfect cake for our reception. We had two different flavors, both of which are still being raved about by my guests. Jennifer does a great job on her cakes and it was unbelievably stunning.

Stunning!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Rocio P

Jennifer Johnson was one of the nicest people I've ever met! We spoke briefly about the design and I gave her a couple of pics, we chose our favors, and just like that we had a stunning wedding cake! It was beyond what we imagined and matched our theme and invites perfectly.... Read More Loved her & the cake!!!

Awesome

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Stacey C

My cake was super fantastic. She created exactly what we requested.

Beautiful and Tasty Cake

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Margaret K

I love cake so having a tasty a beautiful cake was high on my priority list for a wedding. Johnson's Custom Cakes was recommended by my wedding venue and I'm so glad they were. The staff is so friendly. The cake tasting was a great experience and there was so much to choose... Read More from. My husband and I went with chocolate and key lime as our cake flavors and a butter cream outside. Our cake was so classy and elegant. Our wedding was not huge but we wanted to have our cake to look more impressive so we even had a fake layer.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Kristy G

Working with Jennifer Johnson was truly a wonderful experience! She was the sweetest, most reliable person, and I felt comfortable with her the moment we walked through the door. We loved all of her cakes/fillings so much that we had trouble picking just 2! My husband and I... Read More went to 3 other bakers, and left with bad tastes in our mouths, pun intended, but Jennifer was an angel! She took my ideas and sketched the most beautiful cake I had ever seen! She was so flexible and pleasant- such a joy to work with. Everyone was commenting on not only the beauty of our cake, but we had people asking for seconds of our key lime and almond cake! Thank you so much for everything, Jennifer! I look forward to working with you on future events and all brightness your future holds!! Kristy & William 4/25/15

De-li-cious!

Reviewed on 2/09/2015 Crystal B

We had cupcakes at our wedding instead of cutting cake slices. It was so much easier and people seemed to like the idea a lot. The cupcakes were so good. Johnson's Custom Cakes does a fantastic job! I would definitely recommend!

Wedding and Groom's Cake

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Courtney K

Jennifer Johnson and her team did an AMAZING job on my lavish wedding cake! It truly was the center of attention at my wedding. It was delicious and my guest still talk about it even after a month! Her team was also able to create the PERFECT groom's cake to represent my... Read More husband. I told them my vision and they truly understood!

Delicious AND Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Paige M

Johnson's Custom cakes created our wedding cake for our Jupiter Beach wedding on Aug 2014. We spent an hour at Johnson's cakes on a visit to Florida showing photos and sampling cakes! They took the time to understand our vision and create a personalized cake with all the details... Read More we were hoping for. The cake turned out amazing and tasted even better! You cannot go wrong!

Amazing display! Amazing cupcakes!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Kristi M

Because we were a destination wedding we had a hard time finding a baker that would work with us since we couldn't do a taste testing. After becoming frustrated with multiple vendors, Jennifer stepped in and saved the day. She was so easy to work with and not only was our... Read More cupcake display gorgeous they tasted amazing!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Allyson M

Johnson's works with Ironhorse Country Club (where I had my ceremony and reception) so I did not have a choice of bakers. If I did have a choice, I would absolutely work with Jennifer! Since I planned the wedding from Atlanta, my husband could not make it down for the tasting... Read More and I had a difficult time deciding without him there. She packaged a piece of all the cakes and frostings I had tried, so I could fly with them and he could taste them! We ended up deciding on double chocolate and pumpkin cake and chocolate mousse filling. It was phenomenal! Family members who do not usually like pumpkin raved about it! Jennifer was also offered suggestions to enhance the look of my cake (I wanted something understated but elegant) and my guests complemented how beautiful it looked. Overall a fantastic experience!

April wedding

Reviewed on 8/16/2013 Stephanie T

Our wedding cake was provided to us from our venue. We had the choice of 2 other shops. We decided to chose Johnson's because we thought we were getting a better deal with having little details such as rhinestones added on to our cake for not much more money. We showed Jennifer... Read More a picture of the cake we had in mind and she altered the colors to go with our theme and then showed us how she would incorporate the bling into our design. We were so excited! Her drawing looked spot on. Closer to our wedding date when we had to put our deposit for what our venue did not include [fondant and bling details] we still did not know what kind of cake stand we were supposed to be getting. I had tried reaching the cake shop to find out for almost 2 weeks and no one returned our call. After meeting with our venue to discuss final details, our Banquet manager told us that they do not provide the cake stand, but the cake shop should. I explained to her that when i had previously spoken with Jennifer at our last tasting, she said our venue was supposed to provide the cake stand. She said that information is incorrect. Finally after getting in contact with Jennifer from Johnson's Custom Cakes, she said she had the basic silver tray that she could give us for free. On the wedding day, everything came out so beautiful, except for when i walked in to my reception hall and saw our wedding cake! I was just so so upset. I don't know how a basic design could go so wrong. We were led to believe that the color banding on the cake would be rolled fondant, and it was not. It was actual ribbon!! The extra bling we had paid for, was not on our cake. And the flowers we had our florist bring for our cake, was not on our cake. My husband said he thought the cake was probably made the night before and took little to no time or effort to make. I am sure I could have done a better job myself, and I do not even bake professionally!! I had heard good things about this baker before, but we personally did not have a good experience. I personally would not hire them after the experience of our WEDDING CAKE! It is not like it was a birthday cake or something. It was one of the main focal points of the wedding, and it was unfortunitely just a big disappointment.

Very disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/12/2013 Ashleigh P

We brought a picture in and she assured us the design would be wonderful and she was excited to make it. When I walked in from the reception, it looked horrible! It was embarrassing to have people look at! The design was nothing I asked for and looked like fondant had been... Read More attached all over with seams everywhere. So upset I went with her! I would have paid twice what I did to go somewhere else and get what I asked for.

nice cakes

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Carlene A

cakes were nice, company was hard to reach to give the final payment there was not to much communication as I would have liked

Delicious and beautiful!

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Celina M

Jennifer Johnson created a beautiful cake for our wedding and most importantly, it was still delicious!! We loved that cake so much that we didn't even get to save the top tier for our anniversary, we enjoyed it as dessert that weekend in our honeymoon suite. She is now our... Read More preferred bakery of choice and well worth the drive if you're not local. We're looking forward to ordering a smaller version of our wedding cake for our anniversary!

Don't use her!

Reviewed on 5/26/2013 Lianna H

We had a horrible experience! One of her helpers made the cake, and it was horrible. It looked nothing line what we choose. It tasted like boxed cake. We asked for no fondant and our cake was covered in it. Please brides, save yourselves from getting a headache...don't use her!

beautiful cake

Reviewed on 12/14/2012 Chelsea R

Jennifer designed my cake exactly how I wanted it. I brought her a photo and color swatch and she mastered it! It also tasted AMAZING! I loved it. Thanks Jennifer!!

Beautiful Cake!

Reviewed on 12/04/2012 Roddy S

The cake was included in my package with the Marriott Hotel where I had the wedding. The cake Jennifer made was gorgeous!! She knew exactly what I wanted and made the cake accordingly. All my guests complimented the cake. I strongly recommend Johnson's Custom Cakes!!

Jennifer Johnson

Jennifer Johnson has been making cakes all of her life. Her passion for cake decorating started as a young girl watching her grandmother make wedding cakes. After learning all she could from her grandmother she took an apprenticeship with her “Cake Mom” and mentor, the incredibly talented Judy Duke, and owner of The Cake Boutique. There she honed her skills and was lucky enough to study under other leading cake artists from around the world. From there she went to work as a pastry chef in renown kitchens throughout Palm Beach County. In 2007 her dream to open her own cake shop was born!