Is this your business? claim it now

Jonathan Edwards Winery

North Stonington, CT

Capacity: 151-200 PHONE

Backyard, Tented, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Tents, Rentals + Equipment

74 Chester Maine Rd, North Stonington, CT (860) 535-0202

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Brittany S

I'm quite surprised by the good reviews that Jonathan Edwards receives on this website. I wonder if others are just too afraid to speak out. But I'm not, so here goes....The way we were treated as prospective clients, and then current clients, for hosting our wedding here was... Read More terrible. I highly encourage you to book elsewhere if you can, the staff were unresponsive by phone and often by email, and it typically took days to get in touch with someone to answer questions about our contract. We don't feel that it is a good way to treat 'customers' who have paid a $4,000 deposit. Ultimately, due to the lack of adequate response and service we received, we decided to walk away from this venue and book elsewhere. We spoke to other previous brides who had similar, disappointing experiences with the event staff, that led us to believe our wedding would be no different, and we were just a means to drive revenue for this vineyard. They operate as a winery first and foremost, and put the winery first (direct quote) so the weddings and events are an afterthought, which comes across very strongly. I've thought long and hard about sharing a review, because in general I believe 'if you don't have anything nice to say then you shouldn't say it at all', but I figure if this can help at least one other bride, and maybe they don't have to go through the disturbing experience I went through, then the review would be worth it. The venue is beautiful, and probably the one of the prettiest vineyards in the area. But the scenery is not worth the poor customer service. Wedding planning is stressful enough, why add more stress to it?!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Caroline T

Jonathan Edwards provided us with a picture perfect backdrop to the most important day of our lives! The venue is beautiful inside and out and we couldn't have been happier. My husband and I knew that we wanted a laid-back, rustic feel for our August wedding, and the natural... Read More beauty of the vineyards was gorgeous. The Sperry tent is so beautiful, and getting married in the vines is something we'll never forget. Bonus: There are so many beautiful spots for bride and groom photos. :) Erica was amazing and she did a fabulous job coordinating and directing on the day of. Thanks Erica!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Betsy H

We just had our wedding and the venue was absolutely perfect. Having the ceremony in the vines was exactly what I had pictured, they recently remodeled their deck which is huge and amazing, and the Sperry tent was beautiful. We also loved the brand new bridal suite for getting... Read More ready!! And the wine is great too :-). We worked with Erica who was easy to get in touch with, and definitely made me feel at ease in the planning process. Overall - the venue was exactly what he had hoped for and worth the $$. I highly recommend!

Wedding Review

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Kate T

JE is one of the most gorgeous venues/wineries you will ever come across in New England. If you are interested in having an event/wedding there you should know a few things going .. It costs a lot - and it really only covers the venue (tasting room/tent). You also have to use... Read More the wine from the vineyard so be prepared to add that cost into the day. You do not get anyone from the vineyard helping you on your day - so be prepared to hire a super caterer (you have three preferred ones to choose from) who will help you with things like placecards, etc. You should also be prepared to bring in tables/linens/etc. This will also add additional expenses depending on what you choose for your day. All that withstanding JE Winery is gorgeous. You just cannot recreate the pictures you will get in the vineyard or the atmosphere. AND if you love Sperry Tents as much as I do you will DIE over their tent on the grounds. If you decide the go with JE you won't be sorry - just be prepared for it to cost more than your average banquet hall.

Bachlorette with my girls

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Julie M

Stunning vineyard and excellent wine!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Katie M

Jonathan Edwards was amazing from beginning to end. We only looked at one vendor for our wedding and booked it right away. The venue is even more beautiful in person. Everyone that we worked with was so great and accomodating. Our wedding could not have been any more... Read More perfect. Erica was with us for our rehearsal and day of and she was spot on. She helped guide and direct us for our rehearsal so that everyone was on the same page. The day of the wedding she was in contact with our DJ and caterer to make sure everything was in place. Jonathan Edwards is the perfect place for a wedding!

the perfect wedding venue!

Reviewed on 8/26/2012 Chelsea M

Jonathan Edwards Winery is amazing! We got married here & couldn't have asked for a betting setting. The staff is incredibly helpful & kind and the winery itself is beautiful. Our reception was under a gorgeous tent at the winery -- I would recommend this venue to anyone... Read More looking for a unique, special, outdoors & beautiful wedding venue :)

Lovely from start to finish!

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Rachel B

Jonathan Edwards Winery was lovely from start to finish. Erica Cyr is the coordinator there for weddings and she is flexible, accommodating, and easy to talk to. The setting was the perfect combination of casual and elegant. The one major drawback is that the reception has to... Read More end pretty early - 10:30 pm - but that is the case with most outdoor reception spots in CT.

Reviewed on 9/13/2011 Jennifer B

Loved the Venue even in a hurricane it was a beautiful setting!

Reviewed on 7/16/2011 Mary C

The staff at the winery was amazing! They made the day flow so nicely. Even though it poured, the winer was still an amazingly beautiful venue.