Jonathan Moeller: Fine-Art Wedding Photographer

Focusing on quality, originality, and a strong customer connection, Jonathan strives to express the stunning beauty of the islands in each of his images. He is completely dedicated to his craft, and ensures not only a wonderful experience, but images that you will cherish forever.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Princeville, HI Kauai + All Isands (808) 635-4579

Most Amazing, would have paid double!

Reviewed on 5/05/2014 Nicole G

From beginning to end, Jonathan was fast with responses and knowledgable. He made us feel comfortable and like we were old friends geting together to take some pictures. Every picture is breathtaking and everyone who sees them is amazed that they are real and not... Read More photoshopped. I wish I could attach some here, but look on his webpage, the photos dont lie, he is really that amazing! We were so happy with our pictures and speedy processing time, we would have gladly paid double. Thank you again Jonathan for your warm aloha and hopefully we will all meet again. Nicole & Ken Gibbs Modesto Ca

Captured every moment

Reviewed on 5/06/2014

Jonathan was amazing. He was so easy and great to work with. He literally captured every moment and added so much to the overall wedding experience. I recommend him 100%. He even delivered all the photos too us for us to view while we were on our honeymoon, that was great! He... Read More must have taken thousands of photos. Everyone at the wedding loved having Jonathan there. His pictures speak for themselves. Thanks again Jon for everything, look forward to seeing you next time were on Kauai!

I LOVE our photos and video slideshow!

Reviewed on 12/02/2013

If you are trying to decide on a photographer, artist, professional advisor, and just a genuinely fun person to be part of your special event, stop and just reserve the date with Jonathan Moeller. I believe that my husband and I are quite possibly the two most particular souls... Read More in the entire universe. Our everyday expectations are set at a standard of “very high”, with the added importance of our wedding the set point was raised to “near impossible”. After we reserved the date with Jonathan, each and every step of the process was a pure delight. He helped us decide on the best beach for our vision, as well as the best start time for that particular day. At the beach during the shoot, he was fast, professional, totally fun, encouraging, creative and comprehensive. My husband and I were able to relax and connect with each other as if no one else in the world was there. Jonathan guided us comfortably to poses that flowed and flattered. We were also very impressed with how well he worked with his lighting assistant, completely in sync. Soon after our wedding we were treated with a few preview photos. They had us bursting at the seams with excitement for the rest of the batch! When we received our full portfolio we almost couldn’t believe our eyes. We loved looking at the images, and more so we loved how they captured just what we were feeling and seeing that evening, and brought us back to that very moment. Needless to say, we were unable to pick and choose our favorites and ended up purchasing ALL of the images. They are truly priceless works of art, of a once in a lifetime event for us. We also cannot say how much we LOVE LOVE LOVE the video slideshow. Though we didn’t give much importance to it in our initial thoughts, now it is the most enjoyable way to share our day with family & friends. So go ahead, reserve your date with Jonathan, and rest assured you are in good hands. Mahalo, Candace & Jon

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Lauren R

Shortly after getting engaged, my fiancé, Justin, and I decided we wanted to make our engagement pictures just as special and unique as possible. While all engagement pictures are special in their own right, we wanted ours to differ from the typical images seen routinely on... Read More social media. We hoped to accomplish two things: capture our love for one another and showcase the stunning island of Kauai. After reading tons of reviews on multiple photographers, we decided to go with Jonathan, and we have never looked back. Not only was Jonathan incredibly kind and professional, he was timely and responsive with every correspondence. He was accommodating of our time, weather concerns and even my need for an outfit change halfway through (Yes, I’m that girl!). The photo session was easy, comfortable and over before we knew it. We received our photos and video much quicker than I had ever expected, and I mean it when I say-we were completely blown away. To me, the greatest photos are the ones that tell a story in the most authentic and genuine way possible. The pictures Jonathan took told the story of us, conveying that “thing” that is hard to even put into words but somehow so evident in a photo. The images capture every look, every nuance, and all the little details of our feelings for one another. The setting of Kauai, with its jutting mountains and beautiful beaches, made the perfect backdrop. An engagement is a pivotal and celebrated time, and we could not be happier with the photographer we chose to capture the sweetest season in both our lives. Thank you, Jonathan!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Evelyn F

Jonathan was AMAZING! We were planning our wedding from Oregon and Jonathan picked the PERFECT place and timing for our sun rise wedding. He's low key to make us feel at ease. He's spontaneous, creative, professional and fun. We would HIGHLY recommend Jonathan without a doubt.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Evelyn F

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Deb &

Jonathan is THE best. Book him now before someone else does. Not only does he have a GREAT eye but he’s reliable, professional and easy and fun to work with. We knew we wanted Jonathan to photograph our wedding as soon as we looked around his web site. It perfectly... Read More represents the kind of work that he does - it’s thorough, well organized and has stunning photography. Jonathan takes his work seriously and is really helpful throughout the whole process – a true plus when you live halfway across the country from where you’re planning your wedding. Jonathan shot our wedding in August but we’ve been working with him for over a year now. You have to remember that your relationship with your photographer doesn’t end on your wedding day. You will be working with this person before, during and after your wedding so you want someone who is reliable, responsive and actually cares about doing a good job for you. And this guy does. In fact, he has gone above and beyond our expectations. His photos are BEAUTIFUL. He has a way of capturing the emotion of what’s happening in everything he shoots. It’s awesome to see your photos and really feel what was happening in that moment. He captures many things that you’ve forgotten and does it all in a way that really tells the story of your day. We absolutely love our photos and if we ever have another big event in Hawaii, we'll definitely book him regardless of what island we're on. Thanks for everything, Jonathan!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Sherin W

Aloha:) While planning our Kauai destination wedding from California we searched far and wide for the right photographer. I am pleased to report our experience with Jonathan Moeller was nothing short of spectacular. Honestly, we could not be happier with the experience.... Read More From his availability during the planning phase to his relaxed and professional presence on our wedding day- not to mention the breathtaking finished product; He did an excellent job capturing our special moments…. There is a difference between the standard wedding photography and what Jonathan does. His familiarity as a local from Kauai, his background in photojournalism, his unique perspective, he captures the day in a natural, accurate and beautiful way. I was impressed by Jonathan's professionalism from day one. I was simply delighted when he shared a sneak peek a mere two days after the wedding. I expected the rest of our wedding photos to arrive in 4-6 weeks and was thrilled when we got all 500+ photos back less than 1 weeks later! He was even thoughtful and kind enough to provide us with a gift, a spectacular slideshow with a few video clips we did not even know existed. I have no doubt that Jonathan was the right choice. He far surpassed my high expectations. It is not often that you find such talent, work ethic, reliability, and professionalism all in one person! I highly recommend Jonathan for your event. And I truly hope to hire him again to capture whatever milestones might be in our future.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 M F

Jonathan's work is amazing! He's a very talented artist, his pictures are sharp, they capture emotions and beauty. Stunning pictures! He is very easy to work with. Stop looking, he is your photographer!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Melissa D

We hired Jonathan for our wedding at na aina kai in August. His online pictures blew us away and he was so accommodating and helpful even before our actual wedding day to help us prepare. He made it so easy for us and even went out of his way to send us a few right away so we... Read More could make our thank you cards. He was so awesome and we very highly recommend his services!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

Our experience with Jonathan was nothing short of spectacular. His communication style is so friendly and upbeat, it really helps you feel that he's genuinely excited to meet you and photograph your special day. He responds promptly and is always willing to offer ideas for... Read More shooting locations etc. We booked Jonathan about 1.5 years out from our wedding and our plans changed numerous times. Jonathan was always so easy to approach about the changes and was more than willing to accommodate our new plans. This meant SO much to us and further solidified that we had chosen the right guy :). The day of was such a blast too. Jonathan is so friendly and easy to talk to and he's great at giving directions and helping you feel comfortable and natural in front of the camera. We got caught in a bit of a tropical storm for the last half of our shoot, but it didn't even matter. We got some awesome shots and it was pretty cool to huddle under an umbrella with Jonathan and just chat and get to know each other better. Our photos are amazing, we're so impressed with Jonathan's artistic ability and his ninja-like skills in getting all those different angles. We got a few sneak peek photos while still on our honeymoon and the rest of our photos were ready in only 3 weeks! He also surprised us with a photo slideshow including video footage of the day. So sneaky and such a wonderful surprise! We highly recommend Jonathan. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

I am terrible with making decisions but hiring Jonathan was the one thing I never questioned and I am so glad I did! He is very responsive and helpful with choosing locations and timelines. On our wedding day he made us feel so comfortable even though we are not great in front... Read More of a camera. He was incredibly professional and sweet - and nobody brings out colors in their photos like Jonathan does - he is definitely an artist! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Kelley N

Not only are we impressed by his photography, Jonathan was efficient throughout the whole planning process. He answered all my questions quickly, at the most by the next day, and honored my requests the day of our wedding. Working with him was also a dream, he was professional... Read More and worked very well with our group. He also made us feel at ease (and was a great "coach" while we were taking pictures), which is an important quality in a photographer! Our posed pictures turned out AMAZING and so did our candid ones! We would choose him again and was worth the price! Fine art photography is completely worth it for your wedding day! 5 stars: Professionalism and Quality.

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Britney P

Jonathan was a dream come true for what you want in a photographer. To give you a little background, about 9/10 months before the wedding, we actually came across his work and wanted to hire him. However, the coordinator we were speaking with at the time basically told us he... Read More wouldn't go where we wanted to get married so we figured we couldn't work with him. Fast forward 2 months, and we ended up hiring a different coordinator, and actually hired a different photographer, Love Bliss Photography. This photographer turned out to be very unprofessional and long story short we went out separate ways. After doing a lot of research, we kept wanting to go back to Jonathan even though the first coordinator we were talking to at the time (and didn't end up hiring) said he wouldn't go to our location. We figured...screw it! Let's contact him anyways. So we did and he was nothing but accommodating to our needs. (I don't know where the other coordinator thought that he wouldn't shoot where we wanted..maybe it was her that didn't want to do the location..but that's neither here nor there). From our initial contact with him, he was just perfect. Just a breath of fresh air and the type of person you want to work with. He was great with communication, very organized, very professional, extremely detail oriented, and all our questions were answered same day. This guy knows what he's doing and how to deal with destination weddings. Within 48 hours of our initial email, we had our deposit down and a contract signed. We went with the 4-hour package since our wedding was quite small and it was more that enough time. At the wedding he showed up on time and got right to work without interfering with all the wedding madness. He's a young guy with a lot of energy, and gets down to business! It was like he wasn't even there. Once the ceremony was over, we jumped into family photos and then spent the majority of the time shooting in a few spots in Mahaulepu where our wedding was. He wastes no time, and captures everything! He makes you feel comfortable, and he's very personable so there weren't any awkward moments, which makes the experience that much more enjoyable. After the wedding, we received a sneak peek of some of the photos about 3.5 weeks and OMG! Just a preview was just amazing! I couldn't wait to see the rest. At 9 weeks from the wedding, we received a link to all our photos along with a nice slideshow (Note: we hired a videographer to film the ceremony, and just loved the slideshow just as much..wonderful touch and may have just gone with the slideshow in the end if we didn't hire a videographer). When we received all the photos, his attention to detail and professionalism still carried through in the end and remained consistent...he's definitely not a slacker. He gives you options for albums, editing, and more. We didn't go with any additional editing because the photos were just amazing! We didn't go with the nice Italian albums either because I made our own, but I would it if you don't have an album set up yet. Then we received our UBS with all 700 photos. Overall, our experience was just outstanding. Jonathan was such a good investment because I still stare at our photos everyday since we received them. If you have the money to splurg, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 3/05/2016 Danielle B

Our wedding was only yesterday so I haven't seen the final results yet, but I wanted to get online and say first and foremost, what an absolute joy it was to work with Jonathan....we saw a few of the photos he took from the screen on the camera and they were AMAZING! I couldn't... Read More believe they hadn't been "Photoshopped". They were THAT magnificent. He has an artistic eye that is unbelievable...Also, he's just fun and easy to work with, which is exactly what we wanted for our destination wedding. He came to our house and took some shots of us around the grounds and getting ready, and then we went out to Ke'e Beach for the ceremony. I CANNOT WAIT to see the final results! Book him!!!!! You will absolutely NOT be disappointed. He helped to make our perfect day even MORE perfect! :)

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

We wanted to have some honeymoon photos taken while vacationing in Kauai, and Jonathan was the only photographer we would consider. He is, by far, in a class by himself. His work is beyond beautiful, he was an absolute professional and SO accommodating. He was even kind enough... Read More to do an additional shoot with us due to rainy conditions. I would recommend Jonathan in a heartbeat, and hope to have the opportunity to work with him again in the future. Look no further ... there is no comparison!!

More than we could have dreamed of

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Siobhan C

We got married in Kapa'a, Hawaii on the Island of Kauai this past November. We went through Ali'i Kauai Weddings for our ceremony planning. A large part of what originally attracted to us to them were the photos that Jonathan had taken and were on their site. Luckily, Jonathan... Read More was available for our wedding date. He did not disappoint. Jonathan was totally amazing. A local Hawaiian who definitely has the Aloha spirit. A pleasure to work with the day of and great to communicate with after our wedding. His photos are incredible! Every photo had so much emotion, feeling and energy. We had so many compliments from our friends and family about our photos. People said that they could feel that we really loved each other. He used three different areas around our site to take photos which gave three separate, but amazing feels.Some in the field, some by a tree, and some down on the beach by the water. He was totally into it, taking photos lying on the sand, etc. He had great equipment and the editing he did on the photos was beautiful.I'm not sure how long it normally takes to edit and send photos, but it seemed prompt to me. I contacted Jonathan to get a few photos ahead of time so we could make a Christmas card and he got me a few sneak peeks almost immediately. I also had one great family shot where my father's eyes were closed and he fixed that for me free of charge. Our USB with all our photos in high-res and low-res arrived today on a lovely usb and in a logo'd tin. Very professional. I would 100% recommend Jonathan for your wedding or any other type of photography. He is truly something special and so are his photos. Mahalo, Jonathan!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015

You know the moment you find "the one" wedding dress? And how it's supposed to be emotional? Well, nothing that dramatic happened to me with my dress (though I did like it), but I DID experience that moment when I came across Jonathan Moeller's portfolio. There's a... Read More difference between normal wedding photography and what Jonathan does. If you read about him on his website (...which I did, in length), you'll learn that he has a background in photojournalism. That means Jonathan has professional experience and training in capturing moments - important moments! He's able to showcase Kauai's beautiful nature while taking candid pictures of his subjects. I changed my wedding plans a dozen times after booking Jonathan, but he was always extremely responsive and accommodating. He learned everyone's names ahead of time (I sent him a list of guests per his request) and was punctual. Everyone felt at ease around Jonathan, including my husband who usually hates having his picture taken. I was impressed by Jonathan's professionalism and strategy while taking our photos. I was ecstatic when we received a dozen sneak peek photos two days later! Likewise, I expected the rest of our wedding photos to arrive in 4-6 weeks and was totally fine with that. Imagine my surprise when we got all 500+ photos back less than 1.5 weeks later! Honestly, the most important part of my wedding planning was getting Jonathan Moeller to document my day. He surpassed my very high expectations, and all my family and friends have told me that my wedding photos are the most stunning ones they have ever seen. You will regret it if you don't book Jonathan Moeller! It's not often that you find top-notch talent, work ethic, reliability, and professionalism all in one person!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Torrey C

Absolutely Beautiful WOW!! This was our destination wedding, asking Jonathon was such a pleasure and was easy. Meeting him on the site was great we felt so comfortable as he was doing our photo shoot. Jonathon was so professional and fun. The video/slide show was AWESOME we... Read More can't stop looking at it. All the photos were beautiful. Jonathan was fantastic and simply the BEST.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Kassandra B

When we decided to have our wedding in Kauai, finding a good photographer was at the top of the list. When we found Jonathan's work, we were in awe, all of his work was so incredibly beautiful, the compositions, the style, the creativity, the way he uses light...we knew we had... Read More to have him and were so happy that he was available! We did both a trash the dress photoshoot as well as full coverage of our wedding day and Jonathan was truly AMAZING! The way that he directed us was seamless, he was very professional, a lot of fun, and he knew just how to catch the perfect shots. It was truly wonderful to work with him both as a photographer and as a genuinely great person. We LOVE LOVE LOVE all our photos, and can't thank Jonathan enough for so beautifully capturing the memories of our special day! :)

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Katherine M

If you want amazing photos of your wedding (or other special event) then you should definitely choose Jonathan Moeller! His photos are AMAZING! My husband and I were recently married in Kauai (Hanalei Bay) and we are extremely pleased that we decided to work with Jonathan. From... Read More the beginning, he was easy to reach and responsive to all of my questions (which I had a lot of!) and this continued to be the case throughout the entire process. This was helpful as I was coordinating our wedding from Washington, DC. He is nice, down to earth, timely and easy to work with as well. Jonathan did a great job of recommending poses and seamlessly moving us and our families through the various shots. We had a blast with our photo shoot on the beach and it was equally fun to take nighttime pictures at our wedding dinner. The end result are stunning photos...some of which have backdrops that are so gorgeous they almost look unreal. Our friends and family have commented over and over how outstanding our wedding pictures are and the slideshow that Jonathan prepared, which is an awesome reminder of our special day :) Jonathan is truly talented and I would not hesitate for one second to recommend him. I cannot say enough good things about his work!

Best Photographer in Kauai!

Reviewed on 4/13/2015

By far the BEST photographer in Kauai! His work is amazing. We had a small destination wedding ceremony in Kauai and wanted great photos to take back to our family and friends in Texas. We are so glad we picked Jonathan to capture our special day. He was quick to respond to... Read More any questions we had, very professional and sweet. His editing skills are truly amazing; we were blown away with our photos as well as the amazing slideshow he made for our reception back home!!! They brought tears to everyone's eyes:). His love for what he does really shows in his work. I highly recommend Jonathan Moeller Photography!!!

WOW! WOW! WOW!!!

Reviewed on 4/11/2015

WOW!!! COULDN'T BE ANY BETTER!!! When you see Jonathan's photos, you know that they are his. He has a unique style that shines through all his photos. Working with him was so easy. He has a professional way of making you feel comfortable and guiding you through the shots.... Read More He knows how to bring the best out of you and capture you in the right light and location. He was very easy to work with outside of the shoot as well. So glad we had the opportunity to work with him. We just got our photos back from him and we couldn't be more pleased!!!!

Wonderful photographer!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Jessica H

We had a destination wedding on the island of Kauai and booked all of our vendors online. Jonathan Moeller photography was by far the best choice we made for our wedding. He was fantastic to deal with before the wedding, and was always very quick to reply to my emails. He was... Read More very helpful in getting our wedding day timeline planned, and eased a lot of the pre-wedding stress I had. He was very professional the day of, and had wonderful photo set ups. All of our guests really enjoyed his company and had a lot of fun with him at the wedding. After seeing our sneak peek photos I would definitely hire him again, and would recommend him to anyone getting married on the island. He truly made it a special day and a really beautiful memory.

Jonathon is simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

My wife is from Kauai and there was never a question that Jonathon wouldn't be our photographer. He captures every moment, we loved every picture. He even got us a preview of some of our pictures while we were in Europe on our honeymoon which was super cool. Everyone at the... Read More wedding loved Jonathon and my wife's cousin even flew him out to Pennsylvania to shoot their wedding they liked him and his pictures that much. I would recommend Jonathon to anybody who wants an awesome wedding photographer on their special day. Thanks again Jon for all your work!