Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Food + Catering

5026 South Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA (253) 274-0443

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Erica J

Linda and her team at Jonz Food Concepts are a dream to work with! I wanted a plated meal with a customized menu that showcased my husband’s Chilean heritage for 75 people, and boy did they deliver! And this was after we talked with another catering company across the bridge... Read More that adamantly (and in a rude way) claimed that in our chosen reception space, the Point Defiance Pagoda, a plated meal with servers was not doable, period, and that we needed to do a buffet, how they normally do things. Just goes to show how Jonz will do anything to make your vision come true! I booked Linda about a year in advance and throughout the year she was always quick to answer my emails and phone calls, something I really valued since planning a wedding can get kind of stressful. As I mentioned before, her husband, the chef, came up with 3 amazing entrée options that reflected my northwest background with my husband’s Chilean background. We got so many compliments on the food! I only wish my stomach would have been able to handle more food so I could have eaten more haha, it was that good! It all came out hot too, which sometimes can be a tricky business for plated meals, but it was perfect! Another great thing about working with Linda was that she knew and had previously worked with many of our other vendors (the DJ, florist, cake guy, venue coordinator, etc.) so she was able to easily provide her opinions and recommendations on things based on her previous experiences working with them. Although I hadn’t considered it before, my vendor’s familiarity with one another was a HUGE plus since it took a lot of the stress and pressure off me to coordinate things beforehand (I did have a day-of coordinator) since everyone was already familiar with everyone else and how they liked to do things. And finally, the last thing that was SO appreciated was their flexibility with alcohol. We chose to host our own bar using their AMAZING bar staff (I’m terrible with names, but shout out to the girls who worked my wedding, you were awesome!). This enabled us to serve pisco, Chilean liquor, at our wedding, something we wouldn’t have been able to do otherwise. All our Chilean guests were so shocked we had pisco (and were able to serve up a mean pisco sour!), and it wouldn’t have happened without Linda and her staff. I highly recommend Jonz catering, it couldn’t have been any better!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Heather S

Jonz was nothing short of amazing on our wedding! They arranged all our rentals, too, set them up and were just the best. We got tons of compliments on the food, and they even did a special meal for a quest with dietary restrictions. They cleaned up and took our rentals back,... Read More too- really saved us a lot in time and effort. Everyone loved the food, the lavendar blackberry marinated lamb appetizers were so savory! (though brides beware, they are saucy!) Everything was great- from the passed appetizers and wine to the final clean up. The cost was really reasonable- we'd seen another caterer who wanted twice what we paid for less food- Jonz was about $30/person and there was a ton of food! No disappointment here, I would definitetly recommend them!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/06/2013 Annika C

Jonz goes beyond the typical "wedding" food you get. You know, the food that's cold and tasteless. We wanted to go an appetizer type reception and Linda totally understood our vision. She helped us pick out food that was perfect for our wedding! But Linda went beyond just food,... Read More she was so helpful in getting our rentals set up, deciding how many tables we needed and overall getting us the best price. She completely understood out budget constraints and worked within that. On the actual day the staff was so kind and helpful! They went beyond just serving the food and even helped us dry off all the chairs for the ceremony (it had rained just before the outdoor ceremony). Thank you Jonz Catering