Joyous 442 Event Planning + Design

Hill Country, San Antonio, South Texas & Corpus Christi

Joyous 442 Event Planning + Design

There is something special about a J442 event, that is unmistakable. The guests of honor have an assured sense about them. You look around at the event and the hosts, family and friends are enjoying their party, not stressing about the behind the scenes tasks to be done. The decor is elevated, unique and strategically, yet artistically arranged. You hear guests commenting on the extraordinary transformation of a space that they never imagined could look so incredible. Whether you choose J442 to coordinate, design or plan and execute your event entirely, you will experience the much deserved privilege of enjoying your day, leaving the worrisome tasks to the team. The J442 team has servant hearts and we aim to honor God in all that we do with professionalism, compassion and perseverance.

$$ โ€“ Affordable

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

Hill Country, San Antonio, South Texas & Corpus Christi (210) 232-2230
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 4/26/2016

J442 planned every single detail of my wedding. People asked me the typical, "are you completely slammed with wedding planning?" and my answer was always, No!! How awesome is that? Vicki takes care of every detail you can think of (and many you can't!). Her decor taste is... Read More impeccable. I literally just told her the colors I liked and the overall feel I wanted, and she made it happen. I got to just show up and get married! She did my bridal shower as well and it was beautiful and flawless. She can handle anything you throw at her and you can trust that she will do everything with a smile.

2016-04-26T22:08:14 Response from the vendor

Beautiful bride and beautiful wedding! Thanks Cortney!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Heather M

The word we use to describe Vicki is "unflappable." She took our wedding and all of its challenges and turned it into a dream. The two words she always said to us when we asked if something could be done? "Of course." Then she would set off to make it happen. And she did. Every... Read More time. She was generous, patient, compassionate, and she sported a healthy sense of humor, all of the things that this bride needed in spades! A week has passed since our wedding, and I have to confess that I miss talking to her. I trusted her implicitly. She became a friend, and I highly recommend Vicki and all of the vendors that she works with.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Nydia G

Just want to express my sincerest, most deepest gratitude for making my daughter's special night a memorable experience, not only for her. You both were my peace! The minute I had anxiety, I glanced at the wedding planner and her associate and they were hustling and being... Read More attentive to every minor detail. You ladies are top notch and I love you girls and will forever be most grateful! WOW, Is all I can say. So many people were complimentary and aww struck by the beautiful decor. Many guests were very complimentary on the smoothness of the entire event. Thank you a whole big bunches. #joyous442eventplanning

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Katelyn R

Vicki did an incredible job. I feel like she took the time to hear what I personally wanted and get to understand mine and my husband's style. She kept us thoroughly informed, even accommodated for evening communication so my mom and I could both speak with her at the same time.... Read More Vicki has a gentle calm about her and she is able to get things accomplished without being a bossy planner, which I'm sure was no easy task when it came to wrangling in the groomsmen. We loved working with her, I wish I had another major event to hire her for!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Ashlyn M

Vicki and all of the women at Joyous 442 were amazing! They provided all of the decorations for our wedding and they were stunning! Everything turned out perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better company to work with! I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Krystal K

Vicki did a wonderful job bringing ''us'' to the decor and setting of our gorgeous outdoor ranch wedding! It was beautiful and the day went off the way it should with the Joyous 442 team. It was the perfect day with Vicki's help and I couldn't be more thankful for her and her... Read More amazing team! Thank you for doing such a wonderful job in all aspects!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Ashley S

I can't thank Vicki enough for everything!! She was amazing! She put up with groomzilla and his non stop calls and questions and reassured everything would be perfect, and it WAS!!! I can honestly say I turned her loose with my vision and she made it happen! She went above and... Read More beyond my expectations. While the venue was difficult at times Vicki advocated and made sure my day was perfect. I would highly recommend and will be using for any future party's !

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Katherine W

I was SO thankful to have Joyous 442 on board with my wedding! We booked for the day of coordinator package and it was great. The day of the wedding I didn't worry about anything. Vicki handled it all and my husband told me how thankful he was for her as well! We rented... Read More centerpieces for the reception tables and they were perfect. The timeline was detailed and lined everything out that we needed. She got in contact with all our vendors which took a lot of stress off of myself and my right hand woman (my mom) Our wedding day went over perfectly, and I was super thankful for Vicki and her team the whole time!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Erin M

If I could give one piece of advice to new brides it would be to hire a wedding coordinator. Hiring Vicki was the single best decision we made in all this. Not only is she a great wedding coordinator but she is an even better person. She was an absolute joy to work with. She has... Read More impeccable taste, pays attention to every single detail and does it all with grace and class. Our somewhat crazy non-traditional wedding was perfect and went off without a hitch. (And if there was a hitch then Vicki made sure I didn't know about it.) We will definitely be using Joyous442 for all of our future events!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Alex D

One of the best pieces of advice we received when we got engaged - hire a wedding coordinator!! One of the best decisions we made at the beginning of our planning - hiring the RIGHT coordinator. I can't say enough praise about Vicki! From the very beginning she went above and... Read More beyond for us. During the whole process she was quick to respond and get us various and extensive vendor quotes. There were many times she knew little tricks to help up cut down costs and stay within our budget. She knew what questions to ask, and willingly spoke up if she thought a vendor was unfair or unfit. The week leading up to my wedding had a heavy chance of storms all week, including our wedding day. Without even being asked, Vicki worked with my venue owner and our tent rental company to create two different rain plans (only to switch everything back to plan A after rain showers ended at noon the day of our wedding)! I didn't have to coordinate any delivery or pickups because Vicki worked with our venue. My favorite part about having the Joyous 442 crew - I had absolutely zero stress the day of my wedding. I got to focus on being a bride, enjoy the excitement of marrying my husband and being with my girls, Mom, and Mother-in-law all day because I knew that Vicki had it covered. Working with Vicki is a true joy. She has a servant heart for other people, but is bold enough to fight for her clients and make sure their day is perfect!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Marlene H

I can NOT say enough about how great Vicki is. I fell in love with both her and her designs the first day we met her. She took the stress away from having to worry about planning every little detail. All I had to do was show her some colors of what I wanted and she took it from... Read More there and she completely blew us away. She goes above and beyond to make sure you get exactly what you want on your special day, if not more! Anytime anyone mentions getting married, I tell them they need Vicki.

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Tonya T

I am the mother of the bride and we wanted to plan this wedding ourselves, but planning a wedding that is 4.5 hours from home in a rather remote area became difficult. We were overwhelmed; I knew that we needed professional help, but we were still on a budget. From the very... Read More first phone conversation it was very clear that Vicki has a sweet spirit and was very willing to cater her services to exactly what we wanted and needed. We hired her for partial planning services and she was definitely a Godsend. She will do her best to keep you on budget and help you to get exactly what you want. She took our design ideas and brought them to life beautifully. Vicki and the Joyous 442 team are wonderful and they took care of every detail on the day of the wedding. Not having to concern yourself with decorating details or any other wedding details on the day of the wedding is priceless. She helped to give my daughter the wedding of her dreams. I will actually miss talking to Vicki now that the wedding is over; she was more than our wedding planner, she became a friend. I highly recommend Joyous 442 for their planning and design services, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Kristie K

Vicki was amazing and went above and beyond what we actually hired her to do! We purchased the Day of Cordator package, however, she did much more than that. She was always available for questions and was always quick to respond!! She also helped with the design and look of... Read More the wedding. She even through in some of her own decor at no extra cost! She was a true life saver and would highly recommend to anyone looking for an event planner!!

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Kandace C

This lovely group of ladies made my vision of my perfect day come true!!! They were an absolute pleasure to work with and went above and beyond all of my expectations for the wedding. We were working within a somewhat tight budget and they made it work! Also during the wedding... Read More they always made sure that things were running smoothly, that I was taken care of, and that I always had a drink in my hand... hahah! I would 100% recommend them to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Stacy P

Joyous 442 is the perfect name for this group of amazing women. They will add to the joy of your event from start to finish and handle things you won't even think of when you begin planning. Their challenge for our event? Take an old country dance hall and turn it into a winter... Read More wonderland wedding venue. Then, flip it for the dance. They acted as coordinators for the rehearsal, they kept everything on track all weekend, they served as hostesses for our appetizers, hot chocolate bar, wine area, and candy bar keeping it all replenished. During the dinner they made sure we all had what we needed and treated the bride, groom, and parents like kings and queens....and the best moments? At the end of the wedding evening when this mother of the bride was exhausted as I'm sure they were, too, they had such a calming effect asking what they could do to help us wrap up the event, get our car loaded, etc. Vicki and Chelsey, I can't begin to thank you enough. The special touches at the end were so appreciated.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jennifer G

When speaking to Vicki the for the first time and her asking me to describe my taste, my response was "over the top sparkles, chandeliers, and gold." Then next time we met, she had my dream wedding planned. She was great with all my last minute ideas and making sure everything... Read More was exactly what I wanted!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 K'Lynn C

Looking back at my wedding, I have absolutely ZERO regrets! Vicki was a huge part of me being able to feel this way. She took care of things we discussed exactly how I wanted it done, and she took care of things that needed to be done that I couldn't even think of. She... Read More recommended excellent vendors that we used as well, she has a lot of really helpful connections. Vicki truly cares about you and your wedding, and you definitely want someone with a heart such as that going through this process. I have zero hesitations recommending Joyous 442 to anyone, you will be extremely glad you chose them.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Chelsey T

Planning an event is not always easy, but with Vicki it was so fun! It could have been the same design you see time and time again, but instead it was unique and refreshing! She took my dreams and made them come to life in a more fabulous way. The guest of honor felt so special... Read More and the guests felt like a million dollars with beautiful place settings awaiting them. To say the least, Vicki is an amazing designer with a servant's heart.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Brenda W

Vicki was fantastic to work with! She sent me photos of her ideas and worked with me on design and price, to fit my budget. The staff that came behind the event was very courteous and professional. I highly recommend Joyous 442 for any event. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Kelly W

To say I was absolutely blown away with Joyous 442 would not be giving them enough credit. My wedding was perfect and it had sooo much to do with Vicki! I met with her shortly after I got engaged and I showed her the direction I was going for with the decorations. She took what... Read More I wanted and ran with it. Every idea I had she turned into a reality and made it even better than I could imagine. Every detail was covered. There isn't one thing I would have changed. She was extremely helpful and took so much stress off of me. I knew with out a doubt the venue would be a dream come true... And it was!!! I've seen brides freak out when it came to decorating for there receptions and it was so relieving to know she had everything covered. Would I recommend Joyous 442?? Heck yes! They will do as little or as much as you want and make your special day perfect!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Valerie M

We reached out for help when we realized we were in over our heads trying to plan a destination wedding in the middle of nowhere. Beyond getting married, it was the best decision we made. Vicki took our vision and made it into something we didnโ€™t even know we wanted. Everything... Read More was beautiful and perfect in every way, no details were overlooked, no flower out of place. Wedding day/night ran so smoothly. In fact, we rarely saw her and her team all night, but were told by numerous guests how helpful they were and how everything flowed together seamlessly all night. Looking back, I canโ€™t imagine my wedding day without Vickiโ€™s expertise, attention to detail, extreme professionalism and open communication. Vicki with Joyous 442 was a Godsend. Thank you Vicki!!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Michelle Y

Vicki was a tremendous help to us as a Coordinator for our wedding in Austin, TX. We planned our wedding ourselves, and having her help to orchestrate everything was priceless. She kept great communication, helped us create our timeline, kept in contact with all my vendors,... Read More orchestrated the rehearsal, and most importantly made everything happen on our wedding day. There are too many things she did to mention! We were so grateful to have her help.

2016-04-28T15:48:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you Michelle! It was my pleasure to help you two and your wonderful families!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016

Vicki coordinated my bridal shower and my wedding. My bridal shower had a black and white theme with amazing food. The guests could not believe the transformation she made to our church hall. As for my wedding, Vicki exceeded my expectations and handled every detail. My wedding... Read More was considered rustic elegance and had an abundance of eye catching details. The guests were floored to see such elegance mixed with casual rustic decor. Vicki coordinated the day of effortlessly which allowed our families and I to enjoy an amazing day. I still get compliments about the decor and have other brides to be ask for Vicki's reference because of the amazing atmosphere she gave us.

2016-04-26T21:06:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Caitlyn! Can't wait to do your baby shower next! ๐ŸŽ‰

Vicki Thayer

J442 founder, Vicki Thayer, comes from a marketing and design background. Her passion in this business has been making client's visions and "Pinterest desires" a reality. One thing you will always notice about Vicki, is she is not phased by inevitable hiccups that arise during the process of planning an event. She takes stressful issues and handles them with a smile for her clients. From start to finish, she and is determined in making sure every detail is impeccable.