Judge Tom Armstrong - Wedding Officiant - Retired Judge

Serving the Twin Cities Metro Area and Beyond

Professional and dignified. Strong eloquent voice.

"Friendly and flexible." "Easy to work with." "We received many compliments on our ceremony." Judge Tom Armstrong has helped over 4700 couples create unique and memorable ceremonies. Tom's Website - www.tgarmstrong.com - has sample ceremonies, vows, ring exchanges, readings, prayers, unity symbols, remembrances, and much more. tgarmstrong.com is a complete Ceremony Guide including "How to Conduct a Rehearsal" and answers to Frequently Asked Questions. It's a great tool for all Ceremony planning. After over 4,700 ceremonies, Tom has seen it all and can give you ideas, suggestions, examples, help and advice in all aspects of your ceremony planning. Weddings are all Tom does - and he does them well.

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

Serving the Twin Cities Metro Area and Beyond (651) 773-4092

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 j w

If you are like me, this was an incredibly important decision. Because my husband and I opted out of a traditional "church ceremony" we wanted to find someone who would make our ceremony special, personal and speak as if he knew us personally. Tom did all of this and so much... Read More more! From the moment we booked him, he was involved in every aspect of planning our ceremony. Although we didn't meet him until the day of our wedding, I felt as if he was a dear family friend who made our ceremony a personalized and special event! I cannot say enough about his thoroughness; every detail was included in his communication with us----right down to the pronunciation of names! I have attended MANY weddings where a judge or officiant went through the motions and provided what was legally necessary. This is not Tom. He is friendly, kind, detailed and genuinely happy to be a part of your day. DO NOT hesitate in booking him. There is a reason he is top-rated!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Amy S

Tom was such a wonderful choice for our wedding officiant! He did an excellent job of helping us walk through writing our ceremony step by step with the help of his website. We were able to customize everything and choose from a long list of options. On the day of, we did a... Read More short walk through right before which was perfect because it kept me from getting too nervous. Everyone commented on how beautiful our ceremony was. Thank you Tom for an excellent day! Amy & Glen

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jennifer L

Tom is amazing. He will give you as much feedback as you need and help guide you along in picking a ceremony that is good for you. I was able to write my own ceremony, and he looked it over made some suggestions and fine tuned it, but all without changing it. He was so pleasant... Read More and very nice to work with. We found out after our ceremony, that he was the same man who officiated another family members wedding. We had no idea ahead of time. I would certainly recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Kristine M

Tom was amazing to work with! I have a hectic overnight work schedule and it makes things difficult when trying to do things on “normal people time”, but not with Tom!! More than once, he responded to my late night emails and was always willing and available to have meeting over... Read More the phone and discuss things via email. I highly recommend Judge Tom Armstrong for your wedding needs! Such an awesome man to work with! Thanks again, our ceremony was PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Ray K

I'll echo what everyone else said - it was great working with Tom. I appreciated his consistent communication, his levity and humor, as well as the amount of sample ceremonies and ceremony ideas that helped us create our own. My Dad even remarked afterwards what a great job he... Read More had done. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Ray K

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Alyce A

Tom did an amazing job during the entire planning stage, through the rehearsal and the ceremony! He was very easy to work with for our out of state planning and very responsive to emails. I'm very happy we decided to have him lead the rehearsal as well, it made us less nervous... Read More on the day of. One of our readers during the ceremony did an "ad lib" and Tom handled it well. Thank you again Tom!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Kelsi W

My husband and I are so happy we chose Tom as our wedding officiant! He was incredibly easy to work with, always responding to emails quickly and providing all of the information we needed about designing our wedding ceremony. Tom is incredibly efficient about filing all of the... Read More necessary paperwork - all we had to worry about was applying for the marriage license and getting it to Tom, and he took care of the rest as soon as the wedding was over! On top of this, Tom is very personable and a joy to be around - just the kind of person you want officiating your wedding ceremony! If you're looking for an officiant, you won't be disappointed with Tom. Thank you, Tom!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Erin M

Tom was the perfect fit for our special day. Not only is he easy to work with but his website provides so many resources. We were able to write our entire ceremony so it really reflected us as a couple. Tom is fun, easy to talk to, and it really shows that he loves what he... Read More does. I highly recommend hiring Tom for your officiating needs.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Andrea A

Tom came highly recommended by our wedding venue and our photographer so he was an easy choice for us. Prior to the wedding, he was very responsive to all our questions and worked with us on our ceremony draft until we had what we wanted. His website is fantastic and guides... Read More you through planning your ceremony with many different ideas. I wondered if it would be weird to not meet the person who was marrying us until the day of the ceremony but that was not the case with Tom. He was there early to meet with us, answer all our questions, and we were ready to go - he is incredibly personable and has a great speaking voice. I'd definitely recommend him to other couples!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Christina B

Tom was wonderful to work with, and did an excellent job with our ceremony. It was simple to communicate with him beforehand through email, and piece together our ceremony from his resource library. We loved that he put together a script so we knew exactly what to expect. On the... Read More day of our wedding Tom was punctual, professional, warm and welcoming. Everyone loved our ceremony, and we were happy we hired the right person. Additionally, he was very helpful in telling us exactly what was needed regarding the license, and preparing for a name change. Thanks, Tom, for making our ceremony great!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Veronica W

Best officiant ever! He was fun, funny, helpful, and all around amazing. He helped us put together the ceremony, gave us feedback back about where things should go and what can be left out. He was very nice and I have already started to recommend him to my friends that are... Read More getting married!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 kristin m

Tom was a pleasure to work with for our April 2017 wedding. We were planning our wedding from out-of-state, and working with Tom was a breeze. He was always available to answer any questions or give feedback, and the resources he provides to help you create the ceremony of your... Read More choosing were incredibly helpful. He was fun to be around on our big day, and you get the sense he really enjoys what he does! I cannot recommend him enough.

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Lizzie M

Wow! I could not have been more impressed with Judge Tom Armstrong's knowledge and professionalism. Not only do you receive a phenomenal officiant, you receive TONS of information through his website to help you create a ceremony, tweak an existing ceremony and all those... Read More questions you have about changing your name and getting your marriage license! I am amazed at the wealth of information he comes with!!! Tom does not come to the rehearsal but do NOT let that be a deal breaker for you. He comes on your wedding ready to go!! He is so personable and it was clear he rehearsed. Our ceremony was just perfect with him as our officiant.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017

Tom was very easy to work with, and did a great job at our wedding! We were able to customize every word of our ceremony, and his website was a real helpful source of inspiration. Tom offered his advice freely and was responsive to our emails. He showed up early on the day of... Read More and explained everything about filling out the license with us, and coordinated with our reader/witnesses to make sure everything went smoothly. Even though we planned from out of state, the whole process was simple and just what we expected.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Sarah S

Tom was very easy to work with as an officiant for our wedding. He has so many useful resources to create a very custom ceremony script, and asks all the right questions to ensure all details are there. Our ceremony went flawlessly - he's done this thousands of times so he is a... Read More total expert! He is a funny guy and very friendly. We are glad we chose Tom to be a part of our day!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Nancy and Jim H

We had a very small, intimate wedding at the Sunken Garden at Como. Tom did a wonderful job. We organized everything in less than 6 weeks, and he made it so easy to communicate with and craft our perfect ceremony/vows. His reading was clear and warm making his presence at our... Read More wedding just what we wanted. He also has a great sense of humor. Thank you Tom for being part of our very special event!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Martie C

Tom officiated our wedding at Summit Manor in July, and he did great! We highly recommend him. First of all, his website is AMAZING. At first, we were a little worried about the ceremony for the simple fact that we had a very clear vision of how we wanted it to be, but at the... Read More same time, had never planned a ceremony before and had no idea where to start. Tom made it easy with awesome advice on his website. In addition, he is very available to answer questions and really wants your wedding to be unique to you and exactly how you want it. He has tons of experience, and it shows! He knows what works and what doesn’t and how to make everything run smoothly. He anticipated our questions before we even asked! In addition to all of this, on the day of our wedding (the first time we met in person), we were very impressed with his professionalism, knowledge, and friendly demeanor. He is flexible and gave the impression that he could handle anything we threw at him. Many of our guests commented on how great of a job he did as well. He seems to really enjoy his job! We definitely recommend you check him out!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Shannon M

Tom was easy to work with and very practical/down to earth - that fit our style well. He went through many revisions of our ceremony with us, and his online library was incredibly helpful. He was very responsive.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Kristin L

Tom was so wonderful to work with. He made our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be. He will work with you to customize your wedding so it has the tone and mood you are striving for. You will not regret choosing Tom as your officiant. He is very responsive as you are... Read More working on your ceremony and is very pleasant to deal with. I can't imagine getting married any other way!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Jaynie S

We are so glad that we chose Tom for our ceremony. It was so easy to work with him, and everything went perfectly. We were able to choose the ceremony word for word and Tom gave suggestions and followed what we had agreed upon. I've been to weddings where the officiant adds in... Read More things that the couple didn't want included, but this was not the case with Tom. You couldn't find a better officiant if you tried.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Nikki T

Tom was amazing to work with! We live in another state and he gave us recommendations on where to get our marriage license and what to expect after the wedding. He helped make suggestions when writing the ceremony to make everything flow perfectly. We had so many people come up... Read More to us after the ceremony and tell us how great of a job he did with the ceremony. Tom is highly recommended by us! - Nikki and Chris Sheppard

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Rosann

Tom was our officiant for our very small and intimate wedding venue. He was easy to contact and helped us with our ceremony. We enjoyed meeting him and greatly appreciated his time and services. We would highly recommend him for any size wedding venue.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Lauren K

Tom was fabulous! He was so great to work with prior to our wedding with questions and suggestions of ceremonies and music. For someone that has never done this before it was much appreciated. He was great the day of explaining how it would flow and was great in front of our... Read More guests!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Dawn B

Judge Tom recently officiated our ceremony at 413 on Wacouta. He was great! He provided us with all the guidance we needed and made the process of choosing a ceremony really easy. He was also fun and light-hearted on the day-of, which helped put us at ease. Thank you Tom!

Tom Armstrong, Retired District Judge

In November, 1980, Tom was elected County Judge in Washington County. He served at the Courthouse in Stillwater from 1981 to 2011, when he retired from Court work and decided to only keep doing what he likes best - performing weddings. In 1981, Judge Howard Albertson, known as the "King of Weddings" in Minnesota, was in the chambers next to Tom's. Howard got more calls for ceremonies than he could do, so he got Tom started performing weddings. Tom learned from the master and extended Howard's 12 page handout of samples to over 350 pages in 22 categories on his website - www.tgarmstrong.com