Julie K. Gray Photography

New England: ME, NH, MA, VT, RI, CT and beyond!

Capturing Your Day's Joy Through Color and Light!

When photographing weddings, I strive to portray each couple's unique story in a sincere manner, using bold color and a documentarian's eye to capture the joy (and often overlooked moments) that make your wedding so special and uniquely you. Enjoy your day, relax, and leave the work to me!

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Saco, ME New England: ME, NH, MA, VT, RI, CT and beyond! (207) 838-2807

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Andrea B

Julie is the best!! We used her for our wedding two weeks ago and could not be happier with our choice. Compared to other photographers we met with, her prices were very reasonable. She was easy to work with, took the time to research and explore places to do shots before the... Read More wedding, and the quality of her pictures just blew us away! After the wedding she got us our pictures very quickly and we just received our USB which came in an awesome case. Overall, Julie got all the photos we wanted and more. I even commented to my husband that it was like she was in more than one place at once- she somehow seemed to get amazing shots at all angles. Everyone commented on how great our photographer was and we wholeheartedly agree. Would HIGHLY recommend Julie!!!

Beautiful, artful, wedding day images from a wonderful photographer!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Working with Julie as our engagement and wedding photographer was beyond a pleasure. One of the most important things for us on our wedding day was to feel relaxed and comfortable, and Julie went out of her way to ensure this. She is extremely professional and fun, and... Read More understood what we wanted for our day. She has the ability to notice the fine details, and this comes across in all of her photographs. Her images are beautifully composed and are both elegant and playful. She is able to read her subjects flawlessly, creating unique and incredibly creative work. Julie captured the special moments that stand out from the day, while never making it feel like the camera was in our faces. This helped us and our guests to feel relaxed and comfortable with her, and resulted in truly amazing and special images! She sends the images, prints, and books quickly, and the photo books are wonderfully designed. These are great keepsakes that we will cherish forever. We recommend Julie highly and without reservation.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Amanda H

Julie did such an amazing job at our wedding over the weekend! She was extremely professional and made us feel so incredibly comfortable. We couldn't be happier with the way our photos came out!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Julia S

Julie K Gray – Picture Perfect Hiring Julie for our wedding was one of the best vendor decisions we made. She is personal, warm and we instantly felt confident that she knew what she was doing (which was great, because we were complete noobs). She is organized, consistent,... Read More flexible and incredibly professional with her communication and services. We were thrilled with the photos. She sent us back so many amazing bride and groom photos we can’t decide which ones to frame. We also really appreciated how well she captured our guest, the ambiance of the venue and party and she did so without being intrusive or distracting. We didn’t get a videographer and I don’t regret it. Julie did such a great job of documenting the small details and curating great photos that tell our wedding story. We were both shocked at how fast we got the photos back (less than a week) and were thrilled when she sent us a professional USB book/case that is adorable and personal. She has an eye for details and we will appreciate her work for a lifetime.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Emily M

Julie was a joy to work with for our wedding. She was incredible professional and unobtrusive throughout the day. Julie was prompt and very attentive to the schedule we had, but also flexible and able to adapt when we were running ahead of schedule or behind schedule during... Read More the day. During our portraits, Julie took a mix of posed photos where she gave us some instruction, and photos where she just stepped back and captured moments without any instruction. Julie was nearly invisible throughout the day. She got beautiful photos of the details of our wedding and of moments at the wedding. She was incredibly easy to work with, listened to we wanted and made us feel as at ease in the awkward posed photos as possible. We didn’t do an engagement shoot, but I would recommend it, I think it would have made us feel a little more comfortable in front of the camera on the wedding day. Julie got photos back to us before we even got back from the wedding, we have full digital access is 3 days, and a thumb drive with all the photos within 2 weeks. We highly recommend Julie, she was great, easy to work with, and her photos were absolutely beautiful.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Brittani D

I cannot say enough great things about Julie. My husband and I are so incredibly awkward and she really made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. The shots are natural and romantic, beautifully composed and edited...she really is the best. Not only were the photos... Read More gorgeous and perfect, but she just radiated friendliness and warmth, our whole family loved her! Thank you again Julie, you made our wedding so much more special.

2017-06-09T12:47:06 Response from the vendor

Hi Brittani! You and Brian were a dream to work with-not awkward in the least! You and your families were so fun and down to earth as well! I wish you two all the best, and I hope our paths cross again!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Emily K

Julie was the perfect wedding photographer! We can't recommend her enough. We were given quotes from other photographers for double the price - who were not nearly as talented as Julie. We booked our engagement shoot with Julie for October in Maine. It was freezing cold and... Read More raining on the day but Julie agreed to do the shoot with us anyway. We were worried about posing and the photos looking inauthentic as neither of us is super extroverted, but Julie made the whole time super easy and light. Also, she had the photos ready for us the same night as the shoot! The photos turned out better than we could have imagined and did not look staged or too posed. Our wedding was in May at Laudholm Farm. We wanted a wedding that was very us - easygoing, happy, romantic - and Julie captured every bit of that feeling in the photos. She even drove us to our first look spot when we realized we hadn't planned the transportation/timing correctly. Julie is present but not overbearing, super easy to work with, and so quick in editing the photos. Our wedding was on Saturday and Julie emailed us that the pictures were ready on Monday. (My sister didn't get her wedding photos from another photographer until four months later!). We can't say enough good things about working with Julie! We wish you all the best.

2017-06-09T12:43:31 Response from the vendor

Emily and John, you two are SO incredible to work with-rainy engagement session and all! Having your wedding kick off this season was THE BEST!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Danielle S

Julie was absolutely amazing! We could not of picked a better photographer for our wedding 10/8/16. She is very prompt with her responses, & we received our pictures so fast! She takes such beautiful, & candid pictures. Her attention to detail is amazing. On top of taking... Read More awesome pictures, she is very sweet & has a calming way about herself. If you are looking for quality wedding/engagement photos , she is definitely the way to go. Thanks so much Julie!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Emlyn M

We were beyond thrilled with Julie's work! She made us feel so comfortable and it really showed through in the photos. Now two months after the wedding I still love looking through them all the time and am really happy we went with Julie. The photos look natural and beautiful... Read More and really help capture the scenery around us. One of my favorite things about Julie was how prompt she was to get the photos to us after the wedding. I have a friend who didn't see her photos until four weeks after the wedding, but that's not how Julie works! We had 30 shots just three days after the wedding,followed by all 600 of our shots just a week later. Please please work with Julie - she's amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Kailey L

Julie was absolutely AMAZING to work with. She offered a calm presence to make the bridal party feel relaxed and comfortable while taking photos. She was an absolute joy to work with. She has such an INCREDIBLE eye for photos. She was able to capture the most beautiful and... Read More special moments from our day. Her ability to make colors pop and focus on tiny details is amazing. She truly made our dream wedding come true through her photos. I am so thankful to have hired her to be the photographer for our special day because we can now remember it through our photos forever. She was amazing to work with and takes the most beautiful photos. We highly recommend her services!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

I feel SO lucky to have had Julie as our wedding photographer. She is such a kind and genuine person who perfectly balances easiness and professionalism. She made the entire experience fun (which really matters to us)! The pictures are stunning. I can't tell you the number of... Read More people who have commented on them. She perfectly captured our day and the feel of our wedding. I was hoping for just a few pictures I would love and instead have too many to choose from! The photos are natural and the lighting is gorgeous. I really am so thrilled. I would highly recommend choosing her for your special day!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Sydney P

We were so fortunate to have Julie as our wedding photographer. Planning a wedding from afar proved to be stressful but communication with Julie was painless from the very beginning. She was quick to respond to emails and incredibly receptive to our ideas and wishes. Her photos,... Read More which obviously speak for themselves, are stunning. Her ability to work the entire space without you even knowing she is there was so critical for creating a comfortable environment. The turn around time on our photos was super quick yet the quality of the photos and edits didn't take a hit as a result. We can't say enough good things about her work as a photographer and her presence as a guest at our wedding. You'd simply be silly not to hire Julie as your photographer!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Michelle F

Julie did an absolutely stunning and flawless interpretation of our wedding at On The Marsh in Kennebunk, Maine. My family and I were discussing how we were disappointed that we didn't film some of the wedding, but once we saw Julie's photos and how she captured the ambiance,... Read More energy, and love throughout the day/night we didn't even need to have a video! She portrayed our wedding down to the smallest details, her perspective and color use is so unique and natural. She conveyed vibrancy, happiness, artistic angles, creativity, and a very whimsical and fairytale vibe. She was a pleasure to work with and open to suggestions. She is an easy, generous & effective communicator. She continued to attentively answer my questions even after she had sent me the final photo album. Point being she could have had an attitude that she didn't need to spend anymore attention or time on our photos but instead she positively continued to talk thru the photos with me. Her photos truly made me feel like my wedding was straight out of a magazine! I also appreciate that she did not do a lot of posing and premeditated shots. I just cant say enough about her work!! Myself and our family and friends were beyond impressed with her professionalism, attentiveness and of course the final product. I highly recommend you hire Julie so she can capture your special day just as she did for ours! Thank you Julie!!!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Lauren S

Searching for a wedding photographer was a stressful activity for someone who has very particular taste but a limited budget, and I feel so grateful that I found Julie! She is so sweet and responsive. My husband and I were both feeling pretty awkward about having engagement... Read More photos taken, but Julie made us feel totally at ease! She showed up early the day of the wedding and somehow managed to be so fun to have around and also not at all intrusive. We received our photos within two weeks of the wedding, and I was so delighted to see that she had captured so many little moments that I had missed. Julie has a great eye for detail and a great talent for capturing heartfelt moments!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Jessica B

We are so happy we booked Julie for our Bar Harbor wedding in June! From the start Julie was friendly, laid-back, and efficient. She was quick to respond to all of my questions and made sure she knew which shots were important to us. The day of the wedding she arrived early to... Read More scope out the venue & really used the details of the space for her pictures. Our preview and pictures were finished in no time and the pictures are wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Emma C

Julie was absolutely great! From the start she was very responsive to emails and questions. On the day she was very friendly, easy-going, and made us feel super comfortable working with her. Her photos turned out amazing and we loved her more candid, relaxed feel. She was very... Read More quick getting photos online so we could see a preview soon after the wedding. Our photos got to us on USB within two weeks of the wedding. The photos really captured the atmosphere of our wedding and we absolutely love them. We could not recommend Julie more!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016

My daughter and I met with Julie when choosing a wedding photographer. From out first meeting, we knew Julie would be great to work with. Since we don't live in the area, it was even more important that we could totally trust Julie to find the pre-ceremony photo location and... Read More understand what my daughter and her now-husband wanted for their day. We cannot wait to see the finished photos and would very highly recommend Julie!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Sarah B

I don't even know where to begin. Julie is an outstanding photographer. I stumbled upon her work through tagged photos on Facebook. I thought to myself, "she has to be way out of our budget" But, she is surprisingly affordable, with work that says otherwise. We have only had our... Read More engagement photos so far, but I am so pleased with our decision to have her be our photographer. Choosing a wedding photographer is a stressful, you never know what kind of work they will produce. But I can say Julie produces incredible photos. We look forward to sharing our special day with such a fantastic woman, with a great personality, that puts us at ease. If you cannot decide on a photographer, and you're reading this, choose Julie K. Gray Photography! :)

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Diane D

Julie....let me count the ways how you are awesome. 1. You have a fantastic personality and are so easy to work with. That goes far when it comes to a wedding. 2. You come up with great compositions and ideas for poses and yet are open to suggestions. 3. Your photos are... Read More gorgeous. You did make my arms look smaller! You capture the day, the weather, the smiles and the feelings beautifully. 4. The likes - everyone loooooved the photos you did. Everyone...I keep hearing it. 5. You are so quick. We received an absolutely gorgeous DVD case with our photos within a week. You had photos up on your website for us to share the next day.....magically quick! 6. You are now our family photographer. You are stuck with us!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015

I have one word for Julie - AMAZING! Picking a wedding photographer was no easy task. I looked through thousands of photographs trying to figure out what "my style" was. Then you narrow down your hunt and start the e-mail game. Julie was one of the first people to get back... Read More to me. This meant a lot to me. Planning a wedding is extremely stressful and there's nothing worse than a vendor who keeps you hanging. Next came the meetings. Friends told me that it was extremely important that you like the photographer you will be working with - they are going to be with you, in your face at times, all day! Well, from the moment we met Julie, there was no one else. Julie is a real person. She is fun, funny, creative, and intelligent. There is nothing we did not like about her. We had to have her! My wedding planner recommended I do an engagement shoot to get comfortable with my photographer. I decided it should be a "winter wonderland" type of shoot. So Julie and I spent weeks and weeks e-mailing back and forth about the weather forecast, just to get the perfect snow day! We would schedule and then have to reschedule, it was quite comedic. But Julie was always there, ready to get on with adventure when ever the weather would allow. As for the big day, I think the pictures say it all....they are stunning! Julie came out early to take pictures of the grounds, the flowers, the tables, etc. And for one person, I have no idea how she was able to capture so many angles of our ceremony! She was so inconspicuous during the reception, which was so important. We did not want to feel like we were being hounded by paparazzi. Julie was and in the BEST! We cannot wait till our next special event, so that Julie can be there to capture every moment!

incredible photographer!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

Julie was FANTASTIC. I searched for months to find someone who would work within our budget, and Julie was wonderfully flexible and frankly far more talented than the photographers charging twice as much as she did. People have been raving about our wedding photos for... Read More weeks now! Julie has an eye for candid, sweet moments. I just love looking at her photos, I feel like I get so much more from my wedding because of her. She really got all of the details perfectly. Also she seriously did a great job of taking images with my best profile! I seriously look great in every shot! No fat arm photos to be found (brides to be, you know what I'm talking about). She was ridiculously flexible, and when our wedding timeline ran late due she stayed and made sure to get the father daughter/ mother son dances. I really can't say enough about her. Really, truly - if you are in the Maine area, consider Julie. You absolutely will not regret it.

Reviewed on 7/25/2015 Jessie L

Julie was lovely doing a phone consult as we live several hours away, she let us customize a photography package and turned around our engagement photos in record time! I was so surprised to see Julie pop up while we were setting up the day before the ceremony, she had come out... Read More to scout sites for photos based on what trees and flowers were blooming. Julie was all around fantastic the day of the wedding, she was never pushy about getting shots or when we were going to do things- and she still managed to get almost every shot that we had requested! We recently received our photos and we are so thrilled with them! They really capture "us"- they are not the cookie cutter, but they still are the best version of us there is!

A gem of a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Sarah S

We were so lucky to have found Julie for our wedding photography. From the start she was very easy to communicate with, and more than willing to customize her photography package to our needs. We were touched that she was genuinely interested in learning more about our story and... Read More personalities. I'm so impressed by her sense of adventure- She was willing to shoot in a rainy field with us for our first-look photos, but my husband and I decided to play it safe and stay indoors:) Julie has such a sweet personality and we felt very comfortable being photographed by her. We were ecstatic that she sent a sneak-peak of our album the day after the wedding. We couldn't be happier and more grateful for the beautiful moments Julie artfully captured in our wedding photos!

Gorgeous photographs

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Shirah N

Julie has an incredible eye for color in her work. The clarity and color of the photos makes them feel like treasures and completely translate the sense of my wedding day. The compositions and mood are lovely. I couldn't be happier. Also, my jittery nerves at the family photo... Read More shoot pre-wedding ceremony were thankfully balanced by Julie's calm and professional work. She was unobtrusively present all night and caught so many moments that were a pleasure to discover and revisit in our photographs.

We love Julie!

Reviewed on 6/28/2014 Bethann N

It was really important to us to have a photographer that we felt comfortable with. Our first meeting with Julie felt like we were seeing an old friend. At our wedding she felt like a friend or family member. She captured so many beautiful moments, so many moments that we didn't... Read More even notice her capturing. Completely unobtrusive. We are so pleased with our wedding photos and we love that we received the digital images, which made sharing our day so easy!

Julie K. Gray

I am an exhibiting, multidisciplinary artist based out of Saco, Maine. I earned my BFA in Photography from Rhode Island School of Design in 2005 and have since earned my MFA in Studio Arts from Maine College of Art (2012). While I never pictured myself being a wedding photographer, friends from both undergrad and graduate school asked me to photograph their weddings for them. And to be honest, I fell in love with the work! When I'm not photographing weddings or families, I spend time in my artist studio in Biddeford and watch endless movies with my husband, our cat and our hamster. :)