Julie K. Gray Photography

New England: ME, NH, MA, VT, RI, CT and beyond!

Capturing Your Day's Joy Through Color and Light!

When photographing weddings, I strive to portray each couple's unique story in a sincere manner, using bold color and a documentarian's eye to capture the joy (and often overlooked moments) that make your wedding so special and uniquely you. Enjoy your day, relax, and leave the work to me!

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Saco, ME New England: ME, NH, MA, VT, RI, CT and beyond! (207) 838-2807

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Andrea B

Julie is the best!! We used her for our wedding two weeks ago and could not be happier with our choice. Compared to other photographers we met with, her prices were very reasonable. She was easy to work with, took the time to research and explore places to do shots before the... Read More wedding, and the quality of her pictures just blew us away! After the wedding she got us our pictures very quickly and we just received our USB which came in an awesome case. Overall, Julie got all the photos we wanted and more. I even commented to my husband that it was like she was in more than one place at once- she somehow seemed to get amazing shots at all angles. Everyone commented on how great our photographer was and we wholeheartedly agree. Would HIGHLY recommend Julie!!!

Beautiful, artful, wedding day images from a wonderful photographer!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Working with Julie as our engagement and wedding photographer was beyond a pleasure. One of the most important things for us on our wedding day was to feel relaxed and comfortable, and Julie went out of her way to ensure this. She is extremely professional and fun, and... Read More understood what we wanted for our day. She has the ability to notice the fine details, and this comes across in all of her photographs. Her images are beautifully composed and are both elegant and playful. She is able to read her subjects flawlessly, creating unique and incredibly creative work. Julie captured the special moments that stand out from the day, while never making it feel like the camera was in our faces. This helped us and our guests to feel relaxed and comfortable with her, and resulted in truly amazing and special images! She sends the images, prints, and books quickly, and the photo books are wonderfully designed. These are great keepsakes that we will cherish forever. We recommend Julie highly and without reservation.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017

Julie is amazing! I would recommend her one hundred times over. I am so thankful to have the beautiful photos she took to remember our wedding forever. Well worth the price, she does excellent work, is quick to response, easy to work with and fun to have around!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Katie L

Julie was timely and great to work with on our big day! Highly recommend her! She also got us our photos in under 5 days after the wedding which was amazing! Thanks Julie!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Jen H

Julie was fantastic to work with! She is professional, personable and fun. We had a large wedding party and she made us all feel relaxed day of the wedding. She found some beautiful and creative places for our photographs. Julie always responded quickly any time I reached out to... Read More her. She made every part of the process easy from communication, to scheduling, to payment. Her turnaround time is great, she even had the pictures ready for us to view online while we were still on our Honeymoon. Julie could not be nicer or easier to worth with, I highly recommend using her for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Julie K

Julie was so wonderful to work with from start to finish. We are not from Maine, but planned to elope in Acadia National Park. Julie was so great with discussing details ahead of time, and checking in with us leading up to our trip. She made us feel immediately comfortable (this... Read More was invaluable!) and we had so much fun driving around with her to different locations for our photos in the park. Flash forward one week (yes, just ONE WEEK) to when we got our photos - my husband and I were completely overwhelmed with the amazing photos we got back. Neither of us are very comfortable in the camera but Julie captured the only thing that mattered - our joy and love on our special day. We couldn't be more grateful for how she helped direct us and made sure that we got the best photos possible. We can't pick a favorite shot - we can't even pick 10 favorite shots. Julie is the best!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Cassandra F

Julie was amazing from the engagement shoot to the wedding day! We had so much fun during the engagement shoot that my husband and I knew we made the right choice. About 6 months before the wedding we decided we wanted to have a second photographer (to get pictures of the men... Read More getting ready) and Julie made this happen with no issues! She was amazing the whole day of the wedding, helping keep me on time for the first look without making me feel rushed. The amount of beautiful pictures that we got from the wedding day was completely unexpected! We are having a hard time narrowing it down to even 30 pictures for a wedding album. As an added bonus we also got some really great candid shots of everyone at the reception which we can't wait to give to people as Christmas presents! Not only that but the feedback time was always faster than expected, ever email was responded to within 24 hours and almost always within an hour or two and it took under a week to get access to our finalized photos online after the wedding. You CAN NOT go wrong with Julie as your photographer for this very important day!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Monique B

Julie was amazing!!! We chose her for her talent to capture the candid moments of everyone and she did just that with our wedding! From the first contact with Julie, she was well organized, detail oriented and on board to make sure we got what we were looking for. She came... Read More through in an unbelievable way! Julie was great the day of our wedding too. She was never "in the way" or in the middle of everything yet anytime I looked up and wanted a specific photo, she was right there and willing to snap away. She would find certain lighting and pull us away for a few to take a some shots (which came out fabulous!!!) I recommend for any special moments you want captured. Another bonus, we got our photos back in less than 3 weeks!!!! :)

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Elizabeth W

Julie was absolutely amazing!! She truly captured the most candid moments of our special day, in a beautiful way. Not to mention, she was able to get us our edited pics super quickly! She was so easy to work with, and was very professional and composed. She made sure we were... Read More able to get the shots I had requested ahead of time, even while dealing with a rowdy group of groomsmen. She was a pro!! Many of our guests commented on how she did a fantastic job of blending right in. She wasn't at all over-bearing or in the way. She knew how to capture the best moments, while just letting everyone have a great time! Her packages are all, also, very affordable. I would recommend her to anyone!!! We're so lucky to have found her.

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Jamie B

Julie was a fantastic photographer with a whimsical style, making everything look so angelic and beautiful. She was so easy to work with. I am not comfortable in front of a camera, but she made me feel so at ease, even though we had never met until the day of my wedding. She... Read More was easy to work with, really patient with all the family portraits I wanted, even bringing the list I had sent her, making sure we got all the shots I requested. And there were many with my unconventional family! Julie made us feel comfortable and gave us good direction. She was very responsive throughout the process and posted a sneak peak within a few days, which was so exciting to see. She sent us an edited online album in a week (!). Her artistic ability is astounding and these are literally the most beautiful photos I could ever have of the best day of my life.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Amanda H

Julie did such an amazing job at our wedding over the weekend! She was extremely professional and made us feel so incredibly comfortable. We couldn't be happier with the way our photos came out!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Julia S

Julie K Gray – Picture Perfect Hiring Julie for our wedding was one of the best vendor decisions we made. She is personal, warm and we instantly felt confident that she knew what she was doing (which was great, because we were complete noobs). She is organized, consistent,... Read More flexible and incredibly professional with her communication and services. We were thrilled with the photos. She sent us back so many amazing bride and groom photos we can’t decide which ones to frame. We also really appreciated how well she captured our guest, the ambiance of the venue and party and she did so without being intrusive or distracting. We didn’t get a videographer and I don’t regret it. Julie did such a great job of documenting the small details and curating great photos that tell our wedding story. We were both shocked at how fast we got the photos back (less than a week) and were thrilled when she sent us a professional USB book/case that is adorable and personal. She has an eye for details and we will appreciate her work for a lifetime.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Emily M

Julie was a joy to work with for our wedding. She was incredible professional and unobtrusive throughout the day. Julie was prompt and very attentive to the schedule we had, but also flexible and able to adapt when we were running ahead of schedule or behind schedule during... Read More the day. During our portraits, Julie took a mix of posed photos where she gave us some instruction, and photos where she just stepped back and captured moments without any instruction. Julie was nearly invisible throughout the day. She got beautiful photos of the details of our wedding and of moments at the wedding. She was incredibly easy to work with, listened to we wanted and made us feel as at ease in the awkward posed photos as possible. We didn’t do an engagement shoot, but I would recommend it, I think it would have made us feel a little more comfortable in front of the camera on the wedding day. Julie got photos back to us before we even got back from the wedding, we have full digital access is 3 days, and a thumb drive with all the photos within 2 weeks. We highly recommend Julie, she was great, easy to work with, and her photos were absolutely beautiful.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Brittani D

I cannot say enough great things about Julie. My husband and I are so incredibly awkward and she really made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. The shots are natural and romantic, beautifully composed and edited...she really is the best. Not only were the photos... Read More gorgeous and perfect, but she just radiated friendliness and warmth, our whole family loved her! Thank you again Julie, you made our wedding so much more special.

2017-06-09T12:47:06 Response from the vendor

Hi Brittani! You and Brian were a dream to work with-not awkward in the least! You and your families were so fun and down to earth as well! I wish you two all the best, and I hope our paths cross again!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Emily K

Julie was the perfect wedding photographer! We can't recommend her enough. We were given quotes from other photographers for double the price - who were not nearly as talented as Julie. We booked our engagement shoot with Julie for October in Maine. It was freezing cold and... Read More raining on the day but Julie agreed to do the shoot with us anyway. We were worried about posing and the photos looking inauthentic as neither of us is super extroverted, but Julie made the whole time super easy and light. Also, she had the photos ready for us the same night as the shoot! The photos turned out better than we could have imagined and did not look staged or too posed. Our wedding was in May at Laudholm Farm. We wanted a wedding that was very us - easygoing, happy, romantic - and Julie captured every bit of that feeling in the photos. She even drove us to our first look spot when we realized we hadn't planned the transportation/timing correctly. Julie is present but not overbearing, super easy to work with, and so quick in editing the photos. Our wedding was on Saturday and Julie emailed us that the pictures were ready on Monday. (My sister didn't get her wedding photos from another photographer until four months later!). We can't say enough good things about working with Julie! We wish you all the best.

2017-06-09T12:43:31 Response from the vendor

Emily and John, you two are SO incredible to work with-rainy engagement session and all! Having your wedding kick off this season was THE BEST!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Danielle S

Julie was absolutely amazing! We could not of picked a better photographer for our wedding 10/8/16. She is very prompt with her responses, & we received our pictures so fast! She takes such beautiful, & candid pictures. Her attention to detail is amazing. On top of taking... Read More awesome pictures, she is very sweet & has a calming way about herself. If you are looking for quality wedding/engagement photos , she is definitely the way to go. Thanks so much Julie!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Emlyn M

We were beyond thrilled with Julie's work! She made us feel so comfortable and it really showed through in the photos. Now two months after the wedding I still love looking through them all the time and am really happy we went with Julie. The photos look natural and beautiful... Read More and really help capture the scenery around us. One of my favorite things about Julie was how prompt she was to get the photos to us after the wedding. I have a friend who didn't see her photos until four weeks after the wedding, but that's not how Julie works! We had 30 shots just three days after the wedding,followed by all 600 of our shots just a week later. Please please work with Julie - she's amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Kailey L

Julie was absolutely AMAZING to work with. She offered a calm presence to make the bridal party feel relaxed and comfortable while taking photos. She was an absolute joy to work with. She has such an INCREDIBLE eye for photos. She was able to capture the most beautiful and... Read More special moments from our day. Her ability to make colors pop and focus on tiny details is amazing. She truly made our dream wedding come true through her photos. I am so thankful to have hired her to be the photographer for our special day because we can now remember it through our photos forever. She was amazing to work with and takes the most beautiful photos. We highly recommend her services!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

I feel SO lucky to have had Julie as our wedding photographer. She is such a kind and genuine person who perfectly balances easiness and professionalism. She made the entire experience fun (which really matters to us)! The pictures are stunning. I can't tell you the number of... Read More people who have commented on them. She perfectly captured our day and the feel of our wedding. I was hoping for just a few pictures I would love and instead have too many to choose from! The photos are natural and the lighting is gorgeous. I really am so thrilled. I would highly recommend choosing her for your special day!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Sydney P

We were so fortunate to have Julie as our wedding photographer. Planning a wedding from afar proved to be stressful but communication with Julie was painless from the very beginning. She was quick to respond to emails and incredibly receptive to our ideas and wishes. Her photos,... Read More which obviously speak for themselves, are stunning. Her ability to work the entire space without you even knowing she is there was so critical for creating a comfortable environment. The turn around time on our photos was super quick yet the quality of the photos and edits didn't take a hit as a result. We can't say enough good things about her work as a photographer and her presence as a guest at our wedding. You'd simply be silly not to hire Julie as your photographer!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Michelle F

Julie did an absolutely stunning and flawless interpretation of our wedding at On The Marsh in Kennebunk, Maine. My family and I were discussing how we were disappointed that we didn't film some of the wedding, but once we saw Julie's photos and how she captured the ambiance,... Read More energy, and love throughout the day/night we didn't even need to have a video! She portrayed our wedding down to the smallest details, her perspective and color use is so unique and natural. She conveyed vibrancy, happiness, artistic angles, creativity, and a very whimsical and fairytale vibe. She was a pleasure to work with and open to suggestions. She is an easy, generous & effective communicator. She continued to attentively answer my questions even after she had sent me the final photo album. Point being she could have had an attitude that she didn't need to spend anymore attention or time on our photos but instead she positively continued to talk thru the photos with me. Her photos truly made me feel like my wedding was straight out of a magazine! I also appreciate that she did not do a lot of posing and premeditated shots. I just cant say enough about her work!! Myself and our family and friends were beyond impressed with her professionalism, attentiveness and of course the final product. I highly recommend you hire Julie so she can capture your special day just as she did for ours! Thank you Julie!!!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Lauren S

Searching for a wedding photographer was a stressful activity for someone who has very particular taste but a limited budget, and I feel so grateful that I found Julie! She is so sweet and responsive. My husband and I were both feeling pretty awkward about having engagement... Read More photos taken, but Julie made us feel totally at ease! She showed up early the day of the wedding and somehow managed to be so fun to have around and also not at all intrusive. We received our photos within two weeks of the wedding, and I was so delighted to see that she had captured so many little moments that I had missed. Julie has a great eye for detail and a great talent for capturing heartfelt moments!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Jessica B

We are so happy we booked Julie for our Bar Harbor wedding in June! From the start Julie was friendly, laid-back, and efficient. She was quick to respond to all of my questions and made sure she knew which shots were important to us. The day of the wedding she arrived early to... Read More scope out the venue & really used the details of the space for her pictures. Our preview and pictures were finished in no time and the pictures are wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Emma C

Julie was absolutely great! From the start she was very responsive to emails and questions. On the day she was very friendly, easy-going, and made us feel super comfortable working with her. Her photos turned out amazing and we loved her more candid, relaxed feel. She was very... Read More quick getting photos online so we could see a preview soon after the wedding. Our photos got to us on USB within two weeks of the wedding. The photos really captured the atmosphere of our wedding and we absolutely love them. We could not recommend Julie more!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016

My daughter and I met with Julie when choosing a wedding photographer. From out first meeting, we knew Julie would be great to work with. Since we don't live in the area, it was even more important that we could totally trust Julie to find the pre-ceremony photo location and... Read More understand what my daughter and her now-husband wanted for their day. We cannot wait to see the finished photos and would very highly recommend Julie!

Julie K. Gray

I am an exhibiting, multidisciplinary artist based out of Saco, Maine. I earned my BFA in Photography from Rhode Island School of Design in 2005 and have since earned my MFA in Studio Arts from Maine College of Art (2012). While I never pictured myself being a wedding photographer, friends from both undergrad and graduate school asked me to photograph their weddings for them. And to be honest, I fell in love with the work! When I'm not photographing weddings or families, I spend time in my artist studio in Biddeford and watch endless movies with my husband, our cat and our hamster. :)