Justice Photography

Suited for the modern bride & groom with vintage taste. Our photojournalistic style paired with our artistic eye for traditionally posed photos will document your timeless wedding day the way you want to remember it. A wide variety of candid & posed photos along with all of the wonderful details.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

4183 Mississippi Street, San Diego, CA (760) 936-7854
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Cara H

The BEST decision we made for our wedding and engagement photos! My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Sage for our June wedding. Sage is incredibly talented and easy to work with. He’s professional and responds quickly to any questions, texts, and emails. His photos... Read More alone speak to his amazing work! We were so confident in his ability to capture us and our special day, that it allowed us to be unstressed and enjoy our day that much more. Without a doubt, he exceeded all our expectations! We couldn’t be happier. We highly recommend Sage!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Where do I start? Sage was incredibly responsive to emails through the entire wedding planning process – something that was great since a lot of our questions were time sensitive. His prices were a little outside of our budget, but after reviewing other photographers, we... Read More realized we liked his style more than anyone else and didn’t care if we had to spend a little extra. He photographed our engagement session and gave us some amazing images to print out for our wedding day. On the day of, he was prompt and arrived with a TON of energy. I have a big family and he was really patient during family photos. He used all of our time really well and his assistant was busy making sure Sage had everything he needed. We were really adamant that we didn’t want any cheesy photos and gave him full artistic freedom to do what he wanted. The end result? An gallery full of GORGEOUS and artistic photos that we will cherish forever. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Andrea S

Your photographer search ends here! Sage was everything we wanted in a photographer and more. He has this amazing ability to capture the most gorgeous candid shots of your very special day. My husband and I are beyond pleased with how our wedding day was captured. Our... Read More portrait shots are gorgeous, and the photjournalistic style candid shots he got of our friends and family bring tears to my eyes. I adore them all and am so so thankful we chose Sage for our special day.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Melissa Y

Sage is a very talented photographer! He photographed both our engagement session and our wedding. His photos are very creative and unique. He catches all of the real moments. He is also very professional and easy to work with. We highly recommend Justice Photography!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Michael L

Sage is a fantastic photographer! He did such a great job at our wedding in Los Angeles. We told him we wanted more candids and less posed pictures and to photograph our wedding however he seemed fit. The end result was everything we wanted and so much more. He captured the vibe... Read More of our wedding so perfectly and we couldn't be happier with the images. I highly recommend Sage to anyone looking for outstanding wedding photography.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Shima G

My wife and I hired Sage for our outdoor, picnic-in-the-park style wedding. We were hesitant to work with him because his rates were more expensive than other photographers we were considering. Ultimately the quality of his portfolio inspired us to pull the trigger. Looking... Read More back, we were super glad we did. Sage was awesome to work with. He is passionate about his work and delicately balances both art and science in his craft. He is also unbelievably committed to getting each shot he envisions. During the ceremony he was leaning up against bushes, squatting down, and running from the altar to the grass -- to ensure he perfectly captured each moment. During the reception, he even got on his back in the grass just so he could get the ideal angle of the lawn games we were playing! He somehow was always in the right place at the right time to capture all of our favorite moments from the day. Sage went above and beyond. I treated my best man and groomsman to a hot shave the morning of the wedding. When Sage learned of this, he offered to stop by for a few minutes to capture the moment. But Sage, being the consummate professional and artist that he is, ultimately stayed for an hour documenting the whole experience. This was particularly generous of him, given that he wasn't scheduled to begin working with us until several hours later. Sage was extremely responsive and communicative, which was especially helpful given that we planned our wedding remotely. He was also quick to turnaround photos. Initially he told us we would receive our album 6-8 weeks after the wedding. We received it seven weeks later, and even then he was apologetic for the wait. We originally received electronic access to photos he posted online, and then a week later we received a beautiful box with a USB drive of all photos, as well as about 30 printed 3x5s of his favorites. Stop looking. You've found your photographer.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Samantha K

Sage was the best thing to happen at our wedding, hands down. Incredible experience and easily the best vendor that we had picked out to celebrate our day. His style of fine art mixed with perfect candids of the day helped us remember the moments and see the ones we missed out... Read More on. Couldn't recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jennifer P

My husband and I hired Sage to photograph our wedding in August. Sage was extremely professional. He asked us which photographs we wanted with our wedding party and family. He also provided wonderful assistance for us to pose for our pictures. My husband and I both felt very... Read More comfortable with Sage. Sage also did an amazing job capturing the excitement throughout our reception with amazing candid photographs. We were extremely happy with our photographs and how Sage did some in black and white. We would highly recommend Sage!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 James P

Sage was one of our favorite vendors at our summer wedding on 7/22/2016! He always answered emails insanely fast, gave us a ton of helpful information prior to our engagement session and wedding, and didn't stop for a second on our wedding day when taking photographs. We... Read More initially booked Sage because we loved his creative portraits, but were blown away by all of the candid moments he took (especially of my dad and I) - which are all priceless. I highly recommend Justice Photography for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nicole E

Sage is a phenomenal photographer. I knew from the first time that I saw his artistic photo-journalistic style that he was someone I'd want to work with, and I'm so glad I did. When you think about it, having your photo taken is a very personal experience (that can easily be... Read More awkward). Sage worked with my husband and I to make sure that we both stayed natural, yet comfortable. Instead of having our photos taken with a photographer, it felt more like we were having our photos taken by a friend. Bonus: I slouch a lot, and Sage would give me reminders to adjust my posture. The photos that Sage took turned out absolutely AMAZING, and I couldn't be happier. In addition to his great work, here's what you can expect when working with Sage: Very quick responses - he WILL make you a priority Professionalism Creativity - he is truly an artist that has honed his craft Speed/Efficiency - Sage is quick, and will be in the background all day. Most of the time you won't even know he's there. To make a new friend. If you're smart you'll stay in touch with him after your wedding;) If you're a couple looking to book a photographer for your wedding: you can stop looking - Sage is it! He will easily be the best money you spend on your wedding and I'm happy to recommend his services to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Jack C

Sage is a fantastic photographer, with a great eye for detail and he is very passionate about his photography.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Jack C

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Lance E

We had planned a wedding celebration for all of our friends who could not make the actual wedding in Paris. Sage was referred to us a t the last minuet and I have to say, it was the best decision I made. Sage created an atmosphere in photos. He understood the theme and used... Read More his camera to bring the theme to life. The pictures were candied yet you would have thought we went to a studio to create. The guests commented on how he managed to capture everyone as a group and as individual shots with friends and family. Would I hire him again? ABSOLUTIST I WOULD

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Abbie P

Sage is a creative, talented photographer and we ended up with beautiful photos from our wedding this past May! He has a great eye and really understands light. His photos are unique and photojournalistic - a big reason why we chose him. He is professional, timely, and responded... Read More quickly to emails and phone calls leading up to our wedding day. We are very pleased with our engagement and wedding photos and enjoyed working with Sage!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kali P

Sage was recommended to us by our wedding planner and he was definitely a great fit for our wedding in February! I loved his style and portfolio. Since our wedding was a destination, we didn't have a chance to meet beforehand or do engagement photos. We were both a little... Read More nervous obviously, but Sage made taking the photos easy and natural for us. I'm so happy with how everything turned out!

Justice Photography

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Sage photographed our wedding. He did an amazing job capturing the moments and emotions. We loved that he did less staged/portrait shots and more artful and candid pictures. Sage leveraged the natural lights and elements of our venue and surrounding areas. We are so happy... Read More with the photos from our day!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Heather M

Excellent photography, My brother recommended him for my wedding, it was the perfect fit! My husband and I were married at Magee historical park 258 Beech Street in downtown Carlsbad. He made excellent use of the natural scenery and the beautiful way he suggested our posing for... Read More the photographs was gorgeous and really captured every memory.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Sean H

We both lived in California (separately) So we decided that we should get married there. We flew us and a couple friends and also had mutual local friends meet us in Carlsbad for the wedding. Sage was on time and treated all our guests with respect (they can be rowdy). We were... Read More nervous hiring someone across the country but his communication before the wedding put us at ease! He did a great job capturing our fun and intimate wedding!

Justice Photography- excellent job!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Chloe L

We absolutely love our pictures and would book Sage for future events. He responds quick to emails which is very helpful and I felt like he really cared about getting the best shots at our wedding.

Talented and Dependable Photographers!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Diana N

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Sage and Kevin for our June wedding. From the beginning Sage was very easy to work with--he made time to meet with us and answer our questions. He was able to provide good feedback and insight in regards to the timing of our... Read More event. On the day of our wedding, Sage and Kevin showed up on time and worked throughout the event to capture all the memories from our special day. In addition to the professionalism, Sage is incredibly talented. He was able to think of unique and yet, beautiful shots on the spot. Seeing the amazing work that Sage had produced for other couples I was very eager to see what our photos would be like. When they arrived, I was so elated. The photos were a perfect blend of touching candids and artistic portraits. I am so happy that I was able to work with Sage and Kevin for the special event. I would highly recommend Justice Photography for other couples looking to have more than the traditional set of wedding photos.

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Erin M

We absolutely love Sage and his beautiful work. Sage did our wedding photos, and wedding celebration photos, and we loved each and every photo. Sage has such creative style, and he is extremely easy to work with. If I sent him an email, he would get back to me within minutes. He... Read More was also able to capture every memorable moment, and now we will have them forever. We will definitely use Sage next time we need a photographer, and we will recommend him to everyone.

Perfect combo of personal & professional.

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Amy M

We first hired Sage to film our family and capture a few engagement shots as a test before we fully committed to him shooting our wedding. Our experience was wonderful. Sage brings a professionalism and personalization to his work that strike the perfect balance. Needless to... Read More say, we did, indeed, asked Sage to travel a couple of hours away to shoot our wedding. He negotiated a very fair price for his travel and accommodations and joined us for our celebratory event. Because Sage chose to travel on a bus tour we'd arranged for our guests, he even shared with us the candid photos and 'extras' he shot along the way. At the event, Sage was able to get the essential shots while also focusing on the in-the-moment fun we requested. We wed at a private venue in Mexico and the timeliness of the wedding night festivities was not anyone's top priority, but Sage stuck it out for additional time to make sure he captured the key events. We've been equally impressed with Sage's follow up and timeliness with photos, blogs, emails, etc. We have already recommended Sage to many of our friends and we will work with Sage again in the future.

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Tracy B

Sage was the perfect photographer to work with on our engagement photos and wedding day. We had been scouring the internet looking for a photographer who had a timeless style that would look great in a wedding album for years to come. We also wanted someone whose skill and... Read More creativity translated into the photos but didn't overpower them or make them feel cheesy. Sage's work is all those qualities. At the first meeting to discuss his packages he was professional and kind. He listened to the specific things that we knew we wanted and the few things we didn't want. The engagement shoot was a lot of fun and a great opportunity to get comfortable and crack a few jokes. It's weird having your picture taken for an hour straight so it really helped that he had an awesome personality and we could just be ourselves. The shots we got from that day are STUNNING (and I'm not just talking about how good I look). On the day of the wedding, as you would imagine, things got very stressful. We had many last minute changes and things missing but throughout all the fuss Sage was calm. Him and his team kept the directions clear and made it easy to breath and capture the moments we'd asked for. Overall it was a blast to work with him and his team. Booking him as a vendor was one of the wedding planning decisions we never had to second guess. Our photos from that day are breathtaking and we couldn't be happier with his work. Thank you Sage for being a dedicated and truly talented individual. It was a pleasure! Tracy & Paul

10/10 Would Recommend!

Reviewed on 2/22/2015 Tais

My husband and I hired Sage to photograph our wedding reception and we are so happy we did! We loved every single picture he took/sent us and our family was really happy with the photos as well. We also got a lot of compliments from our friends - which could have just been... Read More them being nice but we still think he did a superb job. While trying to pick through so many photographers my husband and I had two priorities: budget and style. Sage was willing to work within our budget and tailored a package that fit it and included everything we wanted. Although Sage wasn't the cheapest photographer we found, we realized we were willing to pay a little extra for great pictures that will last us a lifetime. After all, you'll never be able to redo the wedding but you can always save money somewhere else. As for style, we really liked Sage's more than anything we saw. His blog and website have great samples of his work and his photo-journalistic style felt very original compared to most other wedding photography. We didn't want anything too cheesy or cookie-cutter and that's why we picked him. Sage is extremely professional and was very timely in responding to emails, texts, and calls. He also had to deal with my family (and myself) showing up late to our pre-reception photoshoot and he was still able to take a lot of great pictures of all of us. I have nothing but good things to say about Sage and our experience working with him. We also love the wooden USB drive that we got with all our photos! :)

This is the photographer you have to have!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Lindsay C

I found Sage on this website and was immediately impressed with what I saw. I sent a request for him to contact me and he got back to me right away and we set up a meeting. Sage is very down to earth, you can tell he is super passionate about his work, and that he really wants... Read More to make sure you are happy. My husband was hesitant to spend the money on photos at first, but after meeting and talking with Sage he was convinced. Sage checked in with us prior to the wedding multiple times to make sure he had all the information he needed from us for the wedding. He responded to every email the same day, if not minutes after I sent it. Day of he was on time with his second photographer Leo, who was also amazing. You could tell both of them were having as much fun as the wedding party while being professional, patient and kind to our family and friends. We did a photo shoot the day after on the beach instead of the engagement shoot. Sage was again on time, had really awesome ideas for poses and great angles. Not to mention 5 days after the wedding I asked him for a few pictures that we had taken with the idea to use them as our thank you cards. I sent him an email asking if there was any ways to get those before the quoted 6 weeks. He sent me 6 awesome pictures 10 minutes later! 6 weeks later we got an email letting us know he was almost done and photos would be on the way soon. A few days later we got an email with a tracking number for the USB that he puts photos on for you as well as a link to some photos that we could share right away. I hope I don't have to say this by now, like I said, this is the photographer you have to have! He is more than worth the money in every way possible, I could go on raving about him forever, and I do to everyone I talk to! Book him now!

Sage Justice

I'm a foodie, avid movie-goer, and tech geek that picked up a camera 6 years ago and the rest is history! I love to capture spontaneous emotion in weddings. I love to create art with the combination of light, color, emotion, and depth. I am inspired by each and every individual person that I photograph. I feed off of the natural emotions of a person or couple and the spontaneity that occurs while they're in front of the camera.