JW Marriott Grand Rapids

Grand Rapids, MI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with JW Marriott Grand Rapids

A BALLROOM IN GRAND RAPIDS, MI

One of the biggest draws of a hotel wedding is that's it’s amazingly easy and stress-free. Usually, the downside is you lose a bit regarding elegance. Not so with JW Marriott Grand Rapids. This luxurious hotel—located in, you guessed it, Grand Rapids, MI—gives you the best of both worlds regarding effortless wedding planning and execution, but in a locale that's Magnifique.

It's a brilliant choice for wedding ceremonies and receptions. For one thing, it's huge. So, fitting in everyone on your guest list is simple. The hotel has a chic vibe throughout, from touches of gleaming metal to the endless rows of floor-to-ceiling glass—all the way to the roof. Many architectural details and art pieces create a beautiful backdrop for elegant weddings, vintage themes or traditional black tie and white dress occasions.

Wedding photos are no less impressive. The Grand Staircase is a favorite location with its abundant natural lighting by day and colored illumination at night. That and the fact it’s a staircase makes for excellent pictures of the bride, the newlyweds together and the bridal party. Stay classic with black and white, snap a couple of romantic shots or with everyone sitting on the stairs.

If you want to celebrate you rehearsal dinner or farewell brunch—simply make a request. There are private function rooms of many sizes to accommodate a few close friends and family or dozens of guests. Each of the other banquet rooms is similar in decor—they're all spectacular—but differ in space.

The International Ballroom is the premier wedding spot at JW Marriott Grand Rapids. It's big, bold and beautiful. Tray ceilings and recessed ceiling lights make you feel more like you're in Hollywood and less in Michigan. It has a capacity of over 800 for a seated reception and well over 1,000 if you opt for cocktails.

Salon A shares the elegance of the other wedding venues, with artistic touches and a golden ambience. It can hold 150 for a sit-down meal or 200 for hors d'oeuvres.

Salon B is a bit larger, with room for 175 seated guests or 200 standing.

Taking your wedding to the next level is easy with JW Marriott Grand Rapids’ professional on-staff event planners. They know who to call, how to set up and several other details that save time a obtain unmatched results. The hotel’s staff—specifically the Executive Chef—handles all of the catering, so get ready for a treat. You can arrange for a complimentary menu tasting beforehand for four people to hammer out the final details. A professional spa is also on-site.

The hotel also offers significant discounts on audio and visual packages for weddings. So if you’ve always wanted to include a custom GOBO on your wedding night dance floor, you can make it happen with the appropriate package. Other choices include chandeliers and LED uplighting, just to name a few.

No decorations can be attached to the ceiling or walls without permission, but you can talk with your event planner if you have a special request. You get 20,000 extra Marriott Rewards points in addition to what you earn from the total amount of your bill, so get ready for a great honeymoon somewhere.

Besides everything else making JW Marriott Grand Rapids stand out from other wedding venues, they also give you several amenities from which to choose. Depending on the wedding package you choose, your honeymoon suite receives an upgrade regarding view and luxury.

• State-of-the-art sound system
  • All tables and chairs
  • Head table risers
  • Dance floor
  • Band staging
  • One-night stay for bride and groom in standard guest room
  • Helipad access

The ultimate 'something new.'

As an incomparable wedding venue, the JW Grand Rapids boasts a lavish ballroom and inspired, couture cuisine. Plus, our onsite event planner will attend to every detail. The JW Grand Rapids. A setting like no other for an event like none to follow.

$$$$ – Expensive

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

235 Louis Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI (616) 242-1500

Great place to make memories!

Reviewed on 8/29/2014

The JW Marriott is beautiful in itself, but the people that we worked with made our experience stress free! From the start they were all very welcoming and helpful in everyway. As the Bride is was so nice not to have to worry about all the little details because I knew that they... Read More would be taken care of. I would highly recommend this venue and employees for a reception, party or wedding. Thanks again for such a great night that we will never forget!

2014-09-02T07:56:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you for making the JW Marriott Grand Rapids a part of your wedding day. It was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations and we wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Chris T

JW Marriott originally was not a wedding venue we considered because we thought it was outside of our price range. After spending many painstaking hours deliberating with my spouse over other venues in downtown Grand Rapids that either did not suit our needs, were outside our... Read More budget, or were not open and affirming to gay couples, we decided to take a look at the JW Marriott. We met with the one and only dream producer, Lauren Knowlton. Her professional attitude, prompt responses to our (endless) questions, and realistic humor was one of the many selling points. It was also easy to book a block of rooms with the JW for our out of town guests. After we signed the contract, we were paired with Anna Fortier as our wedding event coordinator. We met with Anna a few times before our wedding day. Each meeting she came prepared with questions/suggestions that helped us think about what we wanted for the wedding reception. On our big day, Anna helped the night go more smoothly than a freshly Zamboni-ed ice rink! We never worried once during our reception because we knew that Anna would make everything go smoothly! If you think that you're going to have typical hotel-convention-mass-prepared-bland food by going with the JW, nothing could be further than the truth. The night we had our food tasting was one of the most memorable parts of our wedding planning! The food--prepared by the same chef who does the six.one.six menu--was delicious and so artistically plated. We were able to sample and create our ideal meal from the options available, and Anna helped us at each step of the way. We were slightly nervous though that on the day of our wedding, it wouldn't have been possible to serve 125 people that quality of food all at the same time. Wow, were we wrong! We received numerous compliments from our guests on the meal. Furthermore, the bar service enhanced every aspect of our reception, from pre-dinner all the way to the end of the night! They were even able to serve our signature cocktail to guests. We could go on and on and on about how wonderful it was to work with the folks at the JW and their extreme attention to detail. We will always fondly remember our wedding planning process, and we recommend the JW for any function, especially weddings.

2017-01-02T14:24:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We were delighted to be a small part of your wedding day. It was truly a pleasure to work with you both and get to know you. Thank you for selecting the JW Marriott Grand Rapids! We wish you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Dawn D

You'd be absolutely crazy to choose anywhere but the JW for your wedding. Not only is the entire hotel gorgeous the staff made our wedding perfect. From the people setting up to management every single person was outstanding. My husband and I plan on going back at least once a... Read More year to celebrate! Make your search so much easier and decide to have your reception and even your ceremony in this space!

2016-06-20T08:06:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for making the JW Marriott Grand Rapids a part of your special occasion!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Anna A

I had my reception and a wedding room block at the JW Marriott Grand Rapids.The sales and planning process was easy and stress free. And the day of was perfect! The setup was exactly how I had pictured it and the food and service was amazing. I would highly recommend this venue... Read More to any bride.

Wedding night

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Brooke

We stayed here the night of our wedding and it was gorgeous! They upgraded our suite to the concierge level with free drinks and breakfast the next day. They even sent up fresh fruit and wine once we checked in. We had dinner at the restaurant downstairs and drinks at bar right... Read More next door. Everything felt very high end but comfortable. The bed was huge and so was the shower and tub. Wonderful hotel, highly recommended!

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 6/23/2013 Amelia D

My husband and I stayed here the night of our wedding. We stayed in a normal room (not a suite), but we did pay extra for a room overlooking the river, as we got engaged on a walking bridge near there, and got married in a park on the river. We wanted to be able to see those... Read More important places from our room. We had a sunrise wedding, and the staff at JW was amazing about letting us check in early and giving us the perfect room to overlook everything that we wanted to see! I could not have been more pleased. That night my Dad asked us to go to drinks with him and a few other family members at the bar downstairs, Mixology. We got a table on the outside deck overlooking our park, and had some amazing drinks. The staff was very friendly, and gave us a delicious chocolate dessert covered with fresh fruit, and the word "congratulations" written on the plate in chocolate. I was very impressed, and it was the perfect way to end the day, watching the sunset from the deck after being on the other side of the river watching the sun rise during our wedding!

Great Hotel

Reviewed on 6/24/2012 A T

Setting aside a block of rooms for my wedding weekend was very simple and the staff was very helpful. I was a bit disappointed when I got to the hotel the night before the wedding. The woman I worked with to block the rooms said if I gave her my confirmation number, she would... Read More make sure to get me an upgrade. When I got to my room, it was a regular double room. One of my bridesmaids decided she was going to stay at the hotel the night of the wedding; after some shuffling of reservations she booked a king, river view corner room and we swapped rooms. The JW was helpful in that they allowed us to check into the king room early Saturday morning, so we had plenty of room for the stylist to come do everyone's hair. When we got back to our room after the wedding, rose petals were on the bed (requested by a bridesmaid) and chocolate covered strawberries were sent by the coordinator I had been working with (not sure if that was the upgrade). Even with the little bumps, I recommend staying at the JW. The staff is great, the rooms are comfortable and luxurious, and the Sunday brunch at their restaurant, six.one.six, is delicious!

Great hotel, great service

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Lindsey S

The JW is the place to stay in GR. We stayed there for our wedding night and were treated royally. We were upgraded to a concierge level room with awesome views of the river and city. When I arrived to check us in they figured out it was our wedding (the veil, maybe),... Read More congratulated me, and explained that they room had been upgraded and took our bag for me. It was in the room with a congratulatory note when we arrived. That night we were given free ice cream and water, also. All the staff were super helpful and kind. Lunch at 6-1-6 was also delicious!

Best Night of my Life.

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 Monica W

Amazing view of my favorite city! Early check in, 15th floor, corner room...definitely the best wedding night ever. The pool and spa is wonderful, and the JW is walking distance to everything you need! Thank you, JW...for making my wedding night SPECTACULAR.

Review of the JW

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 Hilary C

The JW is a beautiful hotel, but they think they are better than everybody else, and therefore charge you $5 per basket if you have guest baskets to give to your guests. $5 bucks per basket for them to hand it over the counter to the guest. $10 per basket if you want it placed... Read More in their room when they arrive. This is just ridiculous. This is not a place to have your guests stay if they are more interested in value.

Had a great time

Reviewed on 9/15/2011 Elizabeth G

The JW Marriott was everything you'd expect - great service and wonderful rooms. We had drinks at Mixology after our wedding - Roger was fantastic and took really wonderful care of us and our guests. We had brunch the next day at sixonesix which unfortunately did not go as... Read More well, but this was simply because we were a large party with no reservations. I appreciate that they tried to accommodate us, but I think it would have been better for everyone if they would have informed us that it was not going to work on such a busy day instead of serving us with a very noticeable attitude. Other than brunch, everything was really perfect. I definitely recommend the hotel!

Perfect first night as Mr. and Mrs.

Reviewed on 2/03/2011 Nina L

This hotel is absolutely the best in town - the best views, best beds and best service. They accomodated our late check-in and check-out times without questions. Everything at this hotel is worth the money.

LOVED IT

Reviewed on 10/19/2010 Tara R

...but they were busy. Some of my bridesmaids who were staying the night of the wedding couldn't get into their room until pitching an absolute fit at 3:40pm -- the ceremony started at 4:00! This is after they had made it very clear that week and then again early that morning... Read More that they needed to be able to check in at the 3:00 check in time. It's great they were busy, but with as many rooms as we booked with them, they could have made it a little easier for two of my girls to get into their rooms on time. Other than that, it was great. My groom and I got upgraded to the top floor, city view for our stay. And the beautiful wine, cheese and chocolate strawberry tray they delivered was a very nice touch.

Impress your out of town guests!

Reviewed on 9/13/2010 Lyndi K

The morning brunch is incredible and in general your guests will be very impressed with this high end hotel in GR

Lovely, stylish hotel

Reviewed on 9/01/2010 Tricia H

We chose the JW for our guest accomodation for it's quality, modernity and price. As the most expensive hotel in town, we were pleasently surprised with the room rates, and found them to be affordable. The stay were very nice, accomodating and helpful. We were very kindly... Read More upgraded to the Concierge accomodation, and enjoyed the services of the hotel. The only negative thing we can think of was the cost of parking. It was $16 per day. While I understand this is charge, for Grand Rapids we found this price a bit high compared to the city ramps which are only $9/day.

A little expensive but worth it

Reviewed on 8/29/2010 Meaghan M

We stayed here the night before and the night of our wedding. We didn't do a suite b/c it was more than we wanted to spend, but the "regular" rooms were small but wonderful. We also did a room block here for our guests. On that note, I found out later that the price we were... Read More quoted for our block only included the city view not the river view...in case that matters to anyone. The hotel was wonderful. I recommend it!!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/27/2010 Karna L

Our room was gorgeous! It was full of windows that overlooked the Grand River. The bathroom was the coolest. It has 2 shower heads!! Now I want to put that in my house :)

Excellent View!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Ryan V

we had a great room with an amazing view of downtown. It was the perfect hotel to spend our wedding night, highly recommended!