Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

1095 Larkspur Loop, Jacksonville, FL (904) 716-9915

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Katie T

Katie is amazing! My husband and I felt so comfortable with her from the start when she welcomed us into her home and showed us everything that she is capable of doing. She has made some amazing cakes! The taste testing was a lot of fun and my cake turned out better than I... Read More ever could have imagined! I would highly recommend her to anybody looking for a beautiful cake!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Elizabeth S

We tried SO many cakes, and Katie's were by far the tastiest. A lot of the big box bakeries were more dry, and Katie's cakes really have that moist, rich, "wedding cake" taste. The cake turned out gorgeous, Katie is truly so talented! We got so many compliments on the cake. By... Read More far the best we've tasted in Jacksonville. You will not regret it!!

Reviewed on 3/03/2017

My daughter chose to have her wedding cake done by Kakes by Katie - as well as the grooms cake. Both were beautiful and very tasty! Chocolate with salted caramel - yum! Reasonably priced, easy to deal with and did everything she was supposed to do-no complaints at all.... Read More Several friends told me it was the best wedding cake ever! Thank you.

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Kaitlyn C

Katie made us a three tier (with 3 different flavors!) wedding cake and it was absolutely beautifully decorated with fresh flowers, and it was incredibly delicious and moist. The only thing that didn't turn out as planned was my cake topper did not end up on the cake though it... Read More was set on the table for her (I honestly didn't notice the entire night until someone pointed it out). Nonetheless, we are planning on asking her to remake the top tier for an anniversary because it was so delicious!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016

Katie made the cake for my sons wedding in May. It was absolutely beautiful! She is known for her delicious white chocolate and it is amazing--the guests loved it. Her prices are reasonable and she's great to work with-very personable and reliable.

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Shari J

Katie was amazing. First off, I don't even like cake, but Katie's samples were to die for. All I had to do was show her a picture of what I wanted and she as able to recreate it effortlessly. I absolutely ADORED it, and it was so tasty too. Had no trouble with communication, and... Read More she was such a sweetheart. Highly recommend.

Amazing cake!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Michaela F

Loved Katie! She did a fantastic job on our wedding and grooms cakes. We had a pretty simple idea for our wedding cake but she really outdid herself with the details on it. The grooms cake also turned out great. We had asked for a sheet cake at our consult and it ended up being... Read More a small round cake which we were unaware of so we were worried we wouldn't have enough to serve our guests but I think we had just enough. Unfortunately we didn't get to have our cake (except for the one we threw in each others faces lol) but they tasted amazing and our guests loved it as well.

YES! YES! YES!

Reviewed on 3/09/2015 Grace

She is wonderful! Top of my vendor list. Her cakes are delicious, well priced, beautiful, and she is good with communication. Also very flexible. I would recommend her 100%.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 3/17/2014 Taylor

I loved my cake lady :) Kakes by Katie was delicious! Beautiful! Perfect ! Katie was so easy going, so friendly, and so professional! Her tasting appointment was outstanding and we booked that day. Her cake for us was four round layers, she decorated it beautifully, and baked it... Read More to perfection, not too heavy and sweet, each flavor was so light and fluffy and seriously delicious and true to taste! Her cupcakes matched our theme perfectly she paid amazing attention to detail. Loved the whole experience!

KAKES BY KATIE IS THE BEST

Reviewed on 1/01/2014 tella b

I could not have been more pleased with Katie!! I would recommend her to anyone. Our tasting was great, she gave us so many options and they were all delicious. We were able to choose a different flavor for every layer of the cake and I, to this day, couldn't choose a favorite.... Read More All we did was mention that we might want to add a grooms cake to our order and she told us to come by that night for some samples (which were all delicious). On the day of we didn't even see her, she brought the cake and set it up without bothering us at all. Everyone loved the cake at the wedding. She was definitely the most reasonable priced vendor out there too.

Delicious

Reviewed on 12/01/2013 Stephanie S

She does amazing work. Not only is the cake absolutely beautiful but delicious! She is absolutely amazing to work with.

The best!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Kayla R

Katie's cakes are by far the best! We had a 4 tier cake and each layer was a different flavor/ filling. She also included in our package a cake for the rehearsal dinner, carrot! It was a huge hit and left everyone craving what was to come at the wedding. My cake was absolutely... Read More beautiful and with the help of my florist, had fresh flowers between the tiers. I would recommend Katie to anyone looking for a wedding cake- or a cake for any occasion.. I would definitely use her again.

Kakes by Katie Rocked it Birthday,Rehearsal, Grooms Cake and Wedding

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Christine H

Where do I start love this company 100% with 5 stars When I went to Katie she was very professional and did everything in her power to make us happy as a Bride & Groom we heard nothing but great things from our guest which was awesome The Choc. Covered Strawberry cake for... Read More Rehearsal Dinner & the wedding cake vanilla cake with strawberry filling and chocolate cake with fudge filling was awesome I wish I could upload pictures for you all to see how yummy these cakes looked and the taste was 100% hands down give Katie a call if you want that one of a kind special cake everyone will love and enjoy!! Thank you Kakes by Katie will be ordering for all of our occasions threw out the years to come.. Mr. & Mrs. Romeu 8.10.13

The Most perfect cake!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Christine B

The cake is the centerpiece of the reception and it was very important to me that the cake not only looks good, but tastes great too! So often you get one or the other. I love the smooth sleek look, but do not like fondant. After meeting with Katie and sampling her delicious... Read More flavors, we knew we had found our "cake artist" and she us truly that. A talented designer. Our cake far surpassed our expectations and guests raved about it. I highly recommend Kakes By Katie!

wedding cake!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Meaghan C

Katie made our wedding cake, it was easily one of the best cakes I've ever had! My only complaint is the details we chose were a little different from what was actually on the cake.. but it was gorgeous nonetheless.

Delicious

Reviewed on 4/21/2013 alanda E

Amazing cake. We had 3 different flavors, we just couldn't choose they were all amazing! Katie decorated our cake beautifully and everyone loved it! Will recommend to everyone.

Omni Wedding

Reviewed on 12/21/2012 Latrice A

We used this vendor for our Omni wedding in Jacksonville. Hands down it was one of the best cakes we have ever had at any event. Our guest were raving about how good it tasted. The cake was nice and moist and the icing was sweet but not overly so. Would definitely recommend one... Read More of these cakes for any event.

Delish Cupcakes

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Chrissi C

We chose to do cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake. We were able to choose 5 flavors which was hard because all her cakes were so delicious. She did a beautiful job decorating them to our colors and displaying them with the decorations I provided. We had a 8inch cake... Read More as our topper so we had something to cut. Very affordable and everyone raved about them. Wish I had some more right now.

Beautiful cake, Great taste!

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Jamie H

Katie was fabulous! She was able to create a cake that was exactly what I wanted. She has tons of different cake flavored and fillings and they are all fantastic! We ended up choosing a different flavor for each layer. She delivered the cake to the venue and set it up. She was... Read More great!

Not Overdone at the Right Price

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 daryle b

Katie did an excellent job on main cake and grooms cake. We may have made the mistake of ordering too much with having an open bar (leftover cake for days) but there was ample varieties of cakes that she allowed us to choose and we had a lot of inquiries on who our cake was... Read More from. We had visited with 5-6 other cake makers prior to Katie and when we meet with her, she was the best to deal with from taste, cost and personality.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 4/04/2012 Kate O

The cake tasting was by far the best part of planning our wedding! Katie was awesome and let us try so many different kinds it was impossible to choose! She was very flexible with design and colors and what we wanted, and when I changed a couple things at the last minute, she... Read More was very helpful. And, the cake was phenomenal!

Can you say delicious??!?!?

Reviewed on 3/06/2012 Amanda O

Katie is amazing! Her cakes are so moist and delicious. Her prices are extremely reasonable and she delivers and sets everything up. She will work with you to create a one of a kind cake. In Jacksonville you can't get any better!

Great Cake!

Reviewed on 12/08/2011 Courtney L

We found Kakes by Katie on the Internet and were so pleased with our beautiful and delicious wedding cake! We had 2 tastings to make sure we got the flavors we wanted, and Katie was very accommodating both times and in all correspondance. It was hard to choose: she had so many... Read More yummy flavors to choose from! Not only did we think the cake was tasty, we got tons and tons of compliments from our guests. Katie arrived right on time at our reception location, decorated our cake table and arranged our flowers on the cake and made everything look lovely. We would most definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a professional, quality, delicious cake baker for any occasion.

Great cake!

Reviewed on 11/26/2011 Holli P

Our cake tasted amazing and was really pretty but was not like the picture we gave her. The aqua color used for accents matched perfectly, but our cake endes up being round when the cake in the picture we wanted was squared, and she changed the design from damask to scroll... Read More without me agreeing to it. The cake was pretty but was not what I expected. It tasted amazing, and the sea shell accents were very detailed and beautifuk.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 11/10/2011 Janey C

Katie did a wonerful job on both the cakes for or big day! Showed her pictures and she nailed it and they tasted great!