Karen Doody Photography

Eastern North Carolina | Available Worldwide

Artistic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

3520 Snead St, Morehead City, NC Eastern North Carolina | Available Worldwide (252) 646-5358

Reviewed on 4/11/2016

We were fortunate to have Karen Doody photograph our daughter’s oceanfront rehearsal dinner. Karen is very friendly, calm, and professional. She was able to perfectly and expertly photograph the scenery, setting sun, food and guests. She even made arrangements while there to... Read More photograph family groups on the beach. Many of our guests have used them for family portraits. We were thrilled with the way she captured the event. Every picture is amazing-showcasing the fun of the evening and the love of our daughter and son-in-law. Our pictures came out to be above and beyond our expectations! Our experience with Karen was exceptional and I would recommend her to anyone who wants a professional and talented photographer to capture their memories on their special day.

Reviewed on 3/03/2016 Kimberly D

From the very first day I met Karen I knew she was going be the best. She eased my mind so many times. I knew that I didn't have to worry about the photos. Karen exceed my wants and needs. She will always be apart of our family. We have those special memories because of her... Read More photos. Something we will cherish forever. Will be using Karen again in the future for other special occasions. She is truly the best.

2016-03-03T11:24:28 Response from the vendor

Kimberly and Garry—Thank you so much for the kind words and I look forward to photographing the next exciting chapter of your lives together!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Lauren H

My Husband and I could not have asked for a better photographer! Five stars across the board! When we first met her, we fell in love all over again! Her personality rocked!! She is so personal and into your wedding. She will make you feel like you are the only bride and groom... Read More that matters!! She is easy to get in contact with whenever you need her. Karen pays close attention to the small details that you will be happy she catches. At our wedding Karen actually got on her back on the floor to catch the perfect shot!! She gets your pictures back to you in a timely manner! The one thing I wanted in my photographer when I started looking was someone that when they walked up on my wedding day, I would know them personally. Someone that I could trust to get all the shots I wanted. Someone I had full confidence in. Someone that made me feel like I had nothing to worry about and they were going to be all about my wedding. Not someone on a time schedule and to them my wedding was just another job. With Karen you get all that and more! She is probably more excited to be at your wedding than you are. haha! Along with Karen you get her sister! She is just as awesome! Always helping out in anyway she can! Overall, Karen Doody Photography is the best there is around no questions asked! I can not wait to have more pictures done by her!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Cynthia Y

Karen and her assistant were the perfect choice for us. Professional, fun to work with, and the finished product is awesome. We LOVE our photos and the memories she created for us!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Mac D

Nothing less than 5 stars for this lovely lady, and her assistant! My Husband and I both agreed immediately about hiring Karen Doody Photography for our engagement photos and our wedding - and we have not been disappointed! The beautiful photos are well worth every penny spent,... Read More but the experience of working with Karen is priceless. She really put us at ease with her positive spirit and contagiously spunky attitude. I would also like to point out that she provides a great, user friendly, forum for ordering any and all prints. That has been a huge relief for me and many of my family members. P.S. To anyone waiting to get their finished images: good luck trying to decide which one to frame!! ;)

2015-10-27T09:52:22 Response from the vendor

Mac, you and Adam were absolutely DREAMY to photograph and I love that you embraced the rain shots which are some of my favorites ever!!!! It was an honor to be a part of such an important day.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Karen went above and beyond what my fiancé and I expected during our engagement photo session. Karen knew exactly how to position us so that our pictures would come out a certain way. We loved every single picture !!! Our family and friends have nothing but great things to say... Read More about Karen's photographer and we can't wait to work with her again!

2015-10-27T09:53:38 Response from the vendor

Thanks Candace! That was such an absolutely awesome, fun day and you two made it PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 melanie m

After speaking with Karen at the bridal show in Greenville, NC my fiancé, now husband, and I knew she was the perfect person to make our memories last with her photography. All of the moments in time she captured are beautiful, everyone who has seen our photos raved about them.... Read More Most importantly my husband and I are very pleased with how she captured our special day and our engagement photos as well.

2015-10-27T09:58:20 Response from the vendor

Melanie, you and Thomas have such a beautiful love that I just couldn't get enough of you. Your style was every photgrapher's dream and I am so happy that you love your photos as much as I do!

Karen is Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Michelle B

Karen did an amazing job capturing beautiful photographs of our special day. She met with us in advance and went above and beyond in all aspects of her service. And the picture quality was amazing!!! Highly recommend!!

2015-10-27T10:14:51 Response from the vendor

Michelle and Wes—I think we all know that was one incredibly perfect day! That sunset on the beach + your love = MAGIC! Thank you for allowng me to photograph it!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Brittany M

Karen was incredible and so fun to work with and we treasure our images she captured on our special day in Emerald Isle! Couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and she captured all those special moments for us!! Thanks so much Karen!!

2015-10-27T10:04:00 Response from the vendor

Sincerely my pleasure Brittany and Tom! That may have been the most gorgeous beach day ever and you guys were the perfect compliment!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 N H

We did a mini beach session with Karen and she also photographed our wedding. Both turned out amazing! Finding a photographer 2 hours away from home for our wedding at Pine Knoll Shores was scary.. Found Karen and her prices were perfect for our small wedding! She made us feel... Read More comfortable and our pictures turned out stunning! We also purchased a photo album, now our families that couldn't make it can see our big day from beginning to end too!

2015-10-27T10:01:14 Response from the vendor

Nicola, I said it before and I'll say it again, thank you for planning enough time for me to capture such epic images. You and Brad were such good sports and up for anything and that paid off. Thank you for letting me be a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Suzanne H

From the moment I met Karen Doody at the bridal show in Morehead City, NC I knew that it was meant to be for her to photograph my wedding. Karen did a phenomenal job with my whole wedding experience. She did my engagement photos (which are gorgeous despite strong wind and... Read More freezing cold), my bridal portraits (which are amazing despite a day full of pouring rain), and my wedding. I can’t begin to describe how much all of these photos mean to me. Karen managed to perfectly capture the love between Corey and me. On my wedding day, I was so nervous and excited. Karen was so professional, kind, and caring and was able to perfectly capture my day. I was in tears the first time I looked at the photos from the day I had dreamed about my whole life. They are perfect! We had such a hard time deciding which ones to order, and our home is now decorated with Karen’s awesome work!! I would highly recommend Karen Doody for your photography needs. She captured the most important moments in my life beautifully, and became a friend along the way.

2015-10-27T09:48:49 Response from the vendor

Suzanne, I am so glad you and Corey and happy with your photos. That means the world to me! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

My daughter and I chose Karen because from the start we felt very comfortable with Karen. She didn't disappoint us on this important day. Karen did a fabulous job on our precious pictures. You can't go wrong with Karen. She and her sister did an amazing job and are loads of... Read More fun.

Reviewed on 6/03/2015

We had been waiting for five months to finally get our engagement photos shot. We chose Karen because we loved her previous photo sessions with other customers AND she was such a great deal for the price. Let me just say that right off the start, she offers an incredible deal... Read More for the quality of photos that she delivered. She was so incredibly down to earth that even my fiancé felt comfortable doing a photo shoot with multiple shots and ideas. She knew all the best spots to go and was incredibly fun to work with. She was so fast to get us our photos and, we were so incredibly impressed and happy that we decided to go with her. Absolutely recommend having Karen for photo shoots and we would definitely have Karen as our wedding photography if we had stayed in the area and not moved. ~ Olga

2015-10-27T09:55:42 Response from the vendor

I hope that Olga will update this review to show that she did, after all, hire me for her destination wedding in CANCUN!!!! Honored, humbled and excited!

Great experience!

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Crystal L

My husband and I got married on the beach in Atlantic Beach, NC. This was our first time meeting and working with Karen. We had a wonderful experience! She coordinated with us via email beforehand to get our requests and ideas for photos with ease, since we were flying in from... Read More MA. On the day of the event, she was punctual, friendly, and professional. She jumped right in to help us with props and poses; all off the long list she created from our email conversations. We felt so comfortable and sure we were going to get great photos to remember the best day of our lives, and we did! Thank you Karen for making our big day so special!

Photography of Destination Mexico Wedding

Reviewed on 11/02/2014

Karen was wonderful and the pictures are stunning.

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Sara T

I used Karen Doody as my photographer and had an amazing experience! She is professional, personal, and fun! She made this part of planning the wedding so easy and relaxing. She is full of great ideas and is very easy to work with. Our pictures came back beautiful and she... Read More exceeded our expectations. We had a blast with her and will definitely be using her again!!