Colorado and Destination

Specializing in those candid and emotional moments of the big day! We are thrilled to have won the RAW Hawaii Photographer of the Year award for 2012, as well as The Knot Best of Weddings for 2015, 2016 and 2017! We would love to document your big day. Booking now! Serving all of Colorado and Destination Weddings.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Colorado and Destination (303) 910-8315

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Natalie V

This is a love letter, to the best wedding photographer I've ever experienced. From the beginning of the planning process, Kari was detailed, thorough and helpful. On the day of our wedding, she maintained her attention to detail but also was such a delight to work with. She... Read More made everyone laugh and smile, and was great with posing (which, I know from being a bridesmaid in prior weddings, can be a cheesy pain). She was so great at moving around the wedding without a second shooter, and I know she managed to get shots of guests as well as just us! Before booking Kari, we had planned on cheaping out on a corporate photography company, and oh my god, we are SO happy we didn't. Thanks for being one of the best parts of our wedding, Kari!

2017-08-20T17:16:19 Response from the vendor

Natalie + Steve- I just adore you two! Your wedding was so stunning, and I had a blast! Thank you for having me along for the ride! xoxo

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Amy S

Kari is INCREDIBLE! She is a blast to work with, takes gorgeous pictures, and is very professional! She is also super flexible and affordable. We used Kari for both engagement and wedding and are so in love with our pictures! I will use Kari again to capture any special... Read More events and I can't say enough good things about her! Thanks so much for making both our engagement and wedding photo shoots so fun and memorable!

2017-08-20T17:13:44 Response from the vendor

Amy + Rob-THANK YOU THANK YOU! You two were just so wonderful to work with and it was a pleasure hanging out with you both! Thank you again for having me!

Engagement photos

Reviewed on 3/03/2014 Stacy T

Kari did an amazing job on our engagement photos! I really wanted to hike up to Lanikai Pillboxes to take sunrise shots. Without hesitation, Kari woke up early and started to hike with us at 6am. When we finally got up there, it started pouring rain. Despite getting soaked,... Read More she remained enthusiastic and we were rewarded with an amazing rainbow. When we finally started shooting, my fiance, who is very uncomfortable in front of a camera, refused to pose for photos. Kari quickly suggested that we hike around and pretend she wasn't there. We then went to Lanikai beach and took some fun beach photos. With Kari's kind/friendly demeanor and ethusiasm, my fiance actually said he enjoyed the session at the end. I love, love, love how our engagement photos turned out. Kari was able to capture how we are as a couple in the photos. It was definitely an unforgetable experience with amazing photos that will last a lifetime.

2014-03-03T18:59:36 Response from the vendor

Stacy! Thank you so much for the sweet words! You are too sweet. Still one of my favorite shoots and I had so much fun! Hope all is well! Miss you guys and the Isle! Aloha! <3

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Lucy B

My daughter’s wedding was four days ago and we already have a sampling of photos and they are AMAZING! Very high quality and she is such a pro at capturing the moment. Kari was a pleasure to work with and made the whole process of family & bridal party photos seamless. So... Read More grateful we found her!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Mike W

She was incredibly friendly and professional. She took some unexpected developments in stride and was able to answer any questions we had. Really knew what she was about!

2017-08-21T23:08:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you Thank you! Such kind words! They really mean a lot to me. You two are wonderful and it was so great hanging out! Congrats you two! :)

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Olivia B

Olivia + Taylor Wedding; 9.22.2016 From our very first meeting with Kari, pre-wedding, she has been an absolute delight to work with! She has a unique vision for her photos, and a creative approach unlike any other photographers I have researched, met, or worked with. Her... Read More energy, charisma, adorable personality and charm put us at ease, and made us so comfortable in her creative care. She is incredibly talented, and an absolute joy to have had the pleasure of working with! I cannot thank her enough for capturing our special day for us. It was an honor to have had HER as our wedding photographer.

2017-08-20T17:17:24 Response from the vendor

You two were so much fun to work with! I adore your family. Thank you for trusting me to document your day!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Quentin F

OMG this chick is amazing!!! Prolly won't be a lot of guys writing reviews but Kari absolutely outdid herself with me and my wife's wedding. She is patient, kind, and so funny. She made our day so special and made my beautiful wife feel amazing with all the ups and downs of a... Read More crazy wedding day. I can't recommend her enough - she is truly one of a kind. Best part is - she turns pictures around so quick!! My wife and I had sneak peaks within days of being on our honeymoon. She is the bomb ladies and gents!! Period.

2017-08-20T17:18:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you THANK YOU! This review made my day! haha Was a pleasure to work with you both!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Allison S

We had such a blast working with Kari. There were times where we kind of just wanted to hang out, rather than having her "work" at our wedding... Haha! The photos turned out absolutely beautiful and we are so thankful that Kari was our photographer. We opted for a second shooter... Read More which was a really good call because there was not any part of the weekend that we felt got missed. Love our photos so much and can't wait to get our photo book!!!

2017-08-20T17:19:39 Response from the vendor

HAHA thank you! We can hangout ANYTIME! :) So happy you loved your photos! You planned a stunning day! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Bonnie H

Kari is an amazing photographer and I am so blessed that I got to work with her on several modeling projects in Honolulu, HI. Her professionalism, heart and kindness pour into her photography and produce stunning results.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Dana R

Thank you cannot begin to show the gratitude my husband and I have for the incredible talent that Kari put into capturing our wedding day in Gettysburg, PA! Her professionalism, skill and light hearted nature also helped in breaking the pressures one can feel going through an... Read More event like this. We could not have picked a better photographer and I would recommend her to anyone anywhere! We are also very fortunate to call her family!

2016-10-18T08:23:10 Response from the vendor

Dana and Brad! I had so much fun and it was such a beautiful day :) Thank you for having me and trusting me with documenting your wedding day! Love you guys! xo

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Callie J

Kari is absolutely fantastic! My fiancé and I found Kari on the knot, and loved her work so much that we traveled to Colorado from Arizona for our engagement pictures! Kari is so full of life, and you can see her passion for her work through her photos. In addition to her... Read More obvious talent, she is open-minded and a BLAST to work with. We will be flying her out to Arizona for our wedding this December. Thank you Kari!

2016-10-18T08:23:47 Response from the vendor

Callie and Doug! I am BEYOND excited to photograph your wedding in December!:)

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Chris B

Kari was a delight to work with. I am not someone who generally enjoys getting my pictures taken and generally end up looking super awkward in many pictures that I show up in. Kari knew how to dispel that awkwardness and the results were fantastic. A lot of her pictures were... Read More also very "in the moment" and not posed. After the wedding we received a "preview" package of around 30 or so pictures that served as an appetizer while the final edits were being made to the pictures. The final results were a beautiful set of around 900 pictures that perfectly captured the essence of our day. We can't thank Kari enough and would use her again in a heartbeat if we had to go back and do it all again.

2016-10-18T08:24:21 Response from the vendor

Morgan! Such sweet words! Thank you very much! Even with the rain, it was seriously such a GORGEOUS day. Thank you for having me!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Brady C

Kari did excellent work, very professional and polite. She has good energy and she took a tone of shots all came out awsome and great timeing on the real special moments.

2016-10-11T23:20:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you thank you thank you! That really means so much to me! xo

Reviewed on 9/20/2016

Kari was absolutely wonderful to work with, and her photographs speak for themselves! She was very responsive throughout all of our email correspondence and made the long distance planning process very easy and worry free. She, and her second shooter, Erin, arrived early the day... Read More of and stayed late to capture every detail. They were both true professionals and very knowledgeable about their craft. In addition, they were both incredibly kind, fun, and easy to work with. Kari graciously sent me multiple 'sneak peek' images the very next day, making me feel like her top priority. Kari has a true passion and love for her clients and photography and these qualities shine through in her images. We cannot wait to see the rest of her work. Highly Recommend!!

2016-10-11T23:20:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you So very much! It was a pleasure to be there with you both! I had so much fun and you and Jason are just too sweet. You're story completely moved me! and it was an HONOR to capture your day. xo Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Jess H

Kari is unbelievably talented! Her friendliness and professionalism are unparalleled. I have used her for all of my events and I will always use her in the future as well! Her photography is simply the best.

2016-08-04T15:57:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much for the kind words! It really means a lot to me!

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Morgan M

We absolutely loved having Kari photograph our wedding! She is very professional and easy to work with, she listens to you and doesn't pressure you to add on a bunch of things. Kari makes you feel like she is just as excited about your wedding as you are. We added a second... Read More shooter at for very reasonable price for the ceremony and family photos, which I also recommend doing. Our photos turned out beautifully and we will treasure them forever. Thanks Kari!

2016-07-21T19:58:18 Response from the vendor

Morgan + Chris! Thank you SO much for having me there on your big day! It was gorgeous! Rain or shine! You were both wonderful to hangout with and I had so much fun :) Thank you again, and still obsessing over that VW Bus!... Read Less Read More

Wedding Photos to die for

Reviewed on 12/13/2015 Ashley M

Kari was spunky, professional and damn good. She met me ahead of time at the wedding venue to explore options for photos so we had a game plan for the big day- I really appreciated her doing this as it eased my mind and was one less thing I had to worry about. She gave great... Read More direction and captured just what I was wanting. The only negative I could say is that I wish the price included a wedding photo album. Other than that I would definitely use her services and would recommend her to my friends and family! after the wedding She mailed me the cutest usb drive with all of our photos on it and I love that I will always have this (: Thanks Kari for everything and can't wait to work with you again! Ash and Reilly

2016-07-21T19:57:05 Response from the vendor

You two are gems. Thank you SO much for having me there for your day! I love you both and had so much fun! It's been wonderful keeping in touch with you both through this journey and I'm happy to say I have gained two... Read Less Read More

Jumpin' Jack Flash!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Having been a long time wedding planner, I've attended Dozens of weddings. Watching Kari was incredible, she was nice (and giggly) but was simultaneously diligent in getting my family to pose together before the reception. Other than that She was just Everywhere! whenever I... Read More thought "Oh we should get a picture of this!" She was 10 feet away, shooting with a better angle. I saw the photos from the wedding a few days ago on my aunts facebook page and immediately came here to write this review. Kari is a guarantee! Friendly, Talented, and knows how get your guests to smile. I can't wait to have her at our wedding!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Kari is the best!! She takes her job very seriously with the up most passion for what she does all while displaying the biggest smile and friendliest personality imaginable. Kari seamlessly transitions from position to position to get the perfect shot all while staying... Read More completely unnoticed by guests, friends or family during the ceremony. She is the consummate professional in every way, works hard and diligently during and after to produce the most stunning images that I guaranteed have captured all of the beautiful moments you will cherish forever.

Amazing photos!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Where do I start? Kari made me feel so comfortable. I'm not very excited about being in front of the camera, but she was able to get me to relax and laugh. My husband and I are so happy with both our wedding photos and engagement photos. We sent Kari some ideas we had and she... Read More was able to expand on all of them. We couldn't be happier with the outcome! She shot our engagement photos in the freezing cold! We wanted photos done in the snow and she was happy to accommodate. We felt lucky to get such a talented photographer! It's clear Kari loves what she does and it was a pleasure working with here.

2015-10-27T22:37:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you THANK YOU for those sweet words! I DO love my job and I'm so happy that you can tell! Thank you for having me along to do your photos. It really meant a lot! Thank you for the review!

Fabulous photographer

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Kari Geha is a fabulous photographer! I am the mother of the bride, and I wanted to make sure that we didn't miss a moment of this day! She is professional, charismatic, and immediately had everyone feeling comfortable around her to the point that we forgot there was someone in... Read More the dressing rooms taking pictures! She is attentive to the guests and what's going on at all times, and did a great job of getting candid shots all night. We also had a long list of specific pictures that we wanted, different poses and family members etc, and Kari was quick to organize and shoot. We had her for the entire day, which was perfect because she captured all of the silliness and emotion throughout the day leading up to the ceremony. My daughter and the groom did a "first look", which I would highly recommend because they got to take their time and relax a little, without being rushed knowing that guests were waiting for them. Plus, it let Kari focus more on getting all of the fun candid moments of the reception and the guests, having all of the posed bride and groom pictures taken care of beforehand. Guests commented all night on how friendly she was, and how busy she was all night, we kept her hopping and she didn't skip a beat! The pictures came out absolutely beautiful! There are so many! It was fun to see all of them for the first time, because as the mom of the bride, I was all over the place taking care of things, and I feel like I missed a lot. Looking through Kari's pictures makes it feel like I didn't miss a thing! She got great angles / action shots on the bouquet toss, and the garter throw, and tons of pictures of the bride and groom with their guests on the dance floor. During the night I was stressed about whether or not people got enough to eat, if they were getting to know other people at the tables, if they liked the cake, if they were having a good time, or a horrible time.. and looking at the pictures, I think it's safe to say that everyone had an amazing time! From the time we started decorating, and getting dressed... the girls getting their hair and make up done, and the guys chilling in the bachelor room, the ceremony, the 1st dance to the last dance... it was an amazing night that we will never forget. Kari captured it perfectly!

2015-10-27T22:37:52 Response from the vendor

Speechless for such a sweet review! Thank you so much for you and your family's kindness! I had an amazing time and loved working their wedding :)

Kari/Awesome Photographer

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Kari was a wonderful photographer. She came up to Steamboat Springs to photograph my son's wedding at a log cabin. Kari is caring, creative and has an incredible eye as to what would make the perfect photo. We had so many wonderful photos of all of the family and friends of the... Read More day filled with events. You would not be disappointed if you had the awesome Kari at any event to capture your special day.

2015-10-26T21:42:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO Much! Such sweet words! I was so happy to be a part of it! Made me decide I wanted to do something exactly like that for mine one day! :) Absolutely perfect!

Kari did an awesome job!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Amanda F

I recently had Kari as my photographer for my wedding as well as my engagement photos and I was very pleased with the whole experience! Kari does an amazing job at making you feel comfortable and making many of those posed shots look effortlessly natural. Having everything... Read More look natural was something that was very important to me, along with getting some great candid shots. I was a little nervous about the candids since I don't believe I've ever had a good one taken of me, but I was pleasantly surprised when reviewing my wedding photographs. Many of the dancing or ceremony candid shots are my favorites! I'm not sure how she even got some of those shots since I didn't even notice her or her other shooter taking many of the photos. The finished photos are amazing! I don't think there is one picture I'm not in love with! Kari edits everything so it has a polished feel but is still very authentic and true to real life. I would highly recommend Kari for anyone who is looking for a engagement or wedding photographer!

2015-10-27T22:38:48 Response from the vendor

<3 THANK YOU!!!! You are too sweet! And you DO take great candids! I couldn't believe how photogenic you are! Wonderful to work with. Beautiful couple!

Parent of the groom

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

Kari was great and her photos are amazing. Very professional and easy to work with. Creative and unique in her shots, also was not pushy or in the way during the reception . She covered everything.

2015-10-27T22:39:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! xoxoxo

Anthony and Amanda Wedding

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

I attended the Anthony and Amanda wedding and was very impressed with Kari's professionalism. She really cared about getting the pictures she felt the bride and groom would want. She was ready and waiting to take pictures at any moment and captured the most beautiful intimate... Read More moments between the bride and groom, family and friends. The pictures were beautiful! She really knows how to capture those special moments.

2015-10-27T22:39:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos! It was fun hanging out at the wedding! :)

Kari Geha

I'm a lover of animals, nature and taking your photo! I adore meeting new people and I am so happy that my job allows me to meet the most amazing humans! :)