Karissa Roe Photography

Seattle, San Juan Islands, Lake Chelan and Beyond

Karissa Roe Photography/Whimsical MAGICAL Romantic

I believe your wedding photography should be an incredible EXPERIENCE. Not only do you deserve beautiful images, you should have fun and feel relaxed during the process! I want to create beautiful, artful photos that you cannot wait to put on the walls of your first home. Your love story is a real life fairytale; your wedding photos should reflect that!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Seattle, San Juan Islands, Lake Chelan and Beyond (425) 405-6233

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Regina Q

Where to begin? Karissa Roe is an amazing photographer both personality and talent wise. She was so professional throughout our engagement photo shoot and wedding day with clear communication, timeliness, and organization. She has a sweet and sincere demeanor, yet knows what is... Read More needed for great shots and directs individuals and crowds without a hitch. She goes above and beyond to ensure a smooth process and end with an incredible product. We are in love with our engagement and wedding photos and feel so thankful that we found Karissa Roe.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Jessica H

We are honestly so honored and lucky to have Karissa as our wedding photographer. Every one of our guests was super impressed with her professionalism on the day-of, and every single photo we received from her is a true work of art. She is talented, accommodating, responsive,... Read More sweet, fun, and so much more! Having her at our wedding is no doubt the best decision we have made for our wedding planning. We will come back to her for our future events again and again and again! Whoever is viewing this page, please do yourself the favor of booking with her! :)

2017-08-17T22:09:42 Response from the vendor

Wow , thank you Jessica! You are so sweet and it was such a joy working with you and your husband! I cannot wait for our future photo sessions together!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Nicole G

Karissa is one if the sweetest hardest working people I have had the pleasure of meeting. As far as her photography skills go... The pictures we got back from Karissa for our engagement shoot and wedding blew my mind. I loved every photo. My husband and I had no idea what we... Read More were doing but she coached us through each pose and they were stunning. Karissa also hiked up two miles while it snowed for our engagement shoot. I couldn't be happier!

2017-08-02T19:03:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Nicole!!! Your day was amazing!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Jessica A

I can't say enough amazing things about Karissa! She is amazing! She would be off photographing and be back before you realized she was gone. I got to experience my whole wedding day all over when I got my photos, even got to see things I didn't get the chance to see the day of.... Read More I would recommend her 100 times over without hesitation!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Aaron F

Our wedding at Roche Harbor was amazing…Every Thing fell into place from the weather to the smallest flower arrangement details. It couldn’t have been more…amazing. I only wish it didn’t go by so fast! These wedding memories with family and friends, which are some of my most... Read More precious life moments, were artfully photographed by Karissa. She loves what she does and it’s very apparent as you watch her energetically work. Karissa is an artist and I highly recommend her; no one will record your memories better. She’s also a very sweet and wonderful human being!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Claire F

Karissa Roe is beyond amazing! From our initial phone conversation/interview to the engagement photos, to her magazine explaining and telling you all about her photography and day of info, to the actual wedding day! She is beyond talented, professional, and a breeze to work... Read More with. She more than captured our day. She scouted locations, made a timeline, kept everyone on schedule, answered any question we thought of, and did the most amazing candids of our guests and reception! The candids are so great, but her scenic portraits of us and our location have made us cry multiple times. I want her to be my life photographer. She will catch moments of your day that you didn't even know happened. I can't stop looking at them and my Husband and I have cried multiple times.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 korina k

Karrisa is not only a professional and talented photographer, but she does use her heart to capture all the important moment for us. We are so grateful to have her as our photographer for our engagement session and wedding day. She was full of energy and smiles the whole time.... Read More None of us could tell that she was exhausted at all after a 9 hours shooting day. Our family members and all the guest believe she enjoys her profession so much. I would definitely have Karissa to be our photographer again for my maternity photos and family photos in the future. The quality of her works are exceptional. They are very natural to us. I do not like some of the styles with too much photoshop effect and the couples are not the focal points, but the photoshopped background. Trust the photographer and you will get some romantic shots even you are in an ordinary place. Communication with her was an ease. Think about wedding planning could be very exhausting. She did not add any additional stress to us but she did make our life easier by filling out the pre wedding questionnaire. Although it took sometimes for us to complete it. However, it was a life saver on the wedding day because Karissa already knew our preferences and needs in advance. She is totally amazing! You will not regret to choose her for your important day or any occasion.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Shelley T

Karissa Roe Photography, and Karissa, are hidden gems that I took a leap of faith in hiring for our wedding solely based on the raving reviews via The Knot. When newly-engaged, I was clueless about photographers and had no idea which direction we would end up going with our... Read More price range, style of photos, etc. Then, I saw Karissa's EPIC main photo here on The Knot, the one of the couple standing in front a school in Tacoma, and I was hooked. Let me tell you ladies, Karissa does not disappoint and I have the MOST BEAUTIFUL wedding pictures a girl could ask for. Karissa is personable, patient, ridiculously easy to sign agreements with, and has the ability to wrangle in all of those relatives you want pictures with but, oh-I-didn't-know-I-was-supposed-to-stay-for-pictures during your reception. She has such a creative eye for photography, and took the time in advance to visit our venue before the big day to get ideas on first look, golden hour, and family portrait locations. It did take a full month, as outlined in the contract, to receive all of my wedding photos, but Karissa took the time to send me two individual images in particular about two weeks after our wedding so that they could be given as a birthday gift to a family member. She doesn't know it yet, but I plan on keeping Karissa around for all future family portraits, because she is just so great and creates images you will want to share with all of your friends and family.

2017-09-30T14:17:36 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much Shelley! That means the world to me! Thank YOU for being amazing and I am so excited to work together again soon!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Jean N

Karissa is fantastic, we feel so lucky to have had her document our special day! She gave us lots of information leading up to the event to help us feel prepared. She took so many beautiful photos and we got them back very quickly after the wedding. It was a long hot day and she... Read More and her assistant never let it show, she kept bringing her energy and kindness to each photo session and helped keep everyone smiling! I would recommend her to anyone getting married in the Seattle area, she is so talented!

2017-08-02T19:03:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jean, your wedding was a joy to photograph!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Alyssa S

I found Karissa's website when looking for an engagement photographer, and fell in love with her work immediately. She responded promptly when I reached out, and was super helpful about suggesting locations and prepping us for our pictures. We aren't the typically most... Read More comfortable in front of the camera but Karissa is great fun to work with and made it a breeze. Our pictures turned out absolutely amazing, I honestly could not be happier with them. I would absolutely recommend Karissa to anyone looking for a photographer, you will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Danielle L

Karissa is the best photographer! She is was of the nicest, warmest, professional, and talented photographer! Karissa shot my engagement and wedding photos (One in Lake Chelan and one in Anacortes! Talk about the range of place she is willing to work!). She felt like one of our... Read More friends, she made me feel SO comfortable and she gave us the most incredible photos. Worth every penny and more! I would recommend her for any event, and for any person!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Stephanie B

I hired Karissa to do my engagement photos and it was a great decision. During the shoot, she gave helpful directions while being extremely fun to work with. She also went the extra mile and stayed a little longer than originally planned to accommodate my request of shooting in... Read More the Christmas lights in the dark, even in the freezing cold! Additionally, she was great at communicating beforehand and accommodated all my requests during the shoot. The pictures came back quickly and look amazing!!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Winona J

Karissa was amazing! He photos are fantastic, I am beyond happy. She is very organized and professional, even helped me with a timeline for our reception. She captured the personalities of everyone and every moment of the day. I will truly treasure these photographs. Thank you... Read More Karissa!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Nadia P

Karissa photographed both my engagement photos as well as my wedding day...and I couldn't have chosen a better artist to capture these memories in such a beautiful and perfect way. Our engagement photos were a perfect mix of candid, "us" shots with some gorgeous fairy-tale-lit... Read More romantic shots. It was incredibly difficult to choose just one to send out with our wedding invitations. And then there are the wedding photos themselves...oh my goodness. I couldn't have dreamed that Karissa would get the shots that she did. She captured absolutely everything that was most important to us and then some. And the quality of the images is superb. Karissa is a master of light, and the way in which she uses both natural and artificial is just phenomenal. We couldn't have asked for a better job done. From one photographer to another...from one friend to another...thank you so much for the beautiful images that we will surely look back on and treasure for the rest of our years together. Your art is magical, and we are so thankful that you have shared it with us.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Brittany E

We were really picky choosing a photographer, and chose Karissa because we loved the style of her photos. Karissa took our engagement photos, and shot our wedding, and both times she exceeded our expectations. We love working with her because she is so creative, passionate, and... Read More goes above and beyond to get amazing shots. She really seemed to care about giving us the best photos, and guided us through the poses and positions. We had so much fun working with Karissa, and hope to go to her with all our photos in the future. You are inspiring and have a heart of gold, thank you again!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Krinda R

Karissa Roe took both my engagement and wedding photos. She is a master at using lighting and mood, and she had amazing vision for capturing any shot or feeling that I conveyed. All the photos we received from our special events were beautiful and unique memories I will keep... Read More forever. Also, Karissa's personality is easy-going and fun while still being professional, which helped me relax more so I look natural in the photos instead of staged. Each time we have visitors at our home, they ask who took our engagement/wedding pictures because they are just that stunning!

Karissa Roe

I am a wedding photographer serving the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Photography, and I have been photographing weddings for five years. I'm a newlywed (married on Leap Year 2016). I am passionate about marriage and, of course, my job. I believe my clients not only deserve beautiful images, but an amazing photography EXPERIENCE! It is my goal to create images that look and feel as AMAZING and MAGICAL as your wedding day. As recent bride, one of my favorite things about my job is getting to know my clients and hear each couple's incredible love story!