Fresh, Romantic, Stylish Wedding Photography

Hi! We are Karyn & Joe May. We are best friends and a husband and wife photography team based in Grand Rapids, MI. We specialize in wedding, senior graduation, children, and event photography and absolutely love what we do! Check out our website at www.karynmayphotography.com

Classic, Documentary, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Grand Rapids, MI Midwest & More! (616) 706-1542

THE BEST DECISION YOU CAN MAKE

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Elena C

If I was forced to sum it up, choosing Karyn & Joe was by far the BEST wedding gift my husband and I could have ever given ourselves; now and forever. In choosing a wedding photographer, I truly had no idea what to expect or look for. Karyn and Joe, a husband and wife dynamic... Read More team, just happened to be the first couple I reached out to and they set the bar so high. To be honest, I thought it was just about finding someone who could take a beautiful picture and edit it to make it even better – I was so wrong. I learned that photographers turn into family that day and Karyn & Joe were, and are, just that. From meeting them at our engagement session, all the way until the last minute of our reception, they were AMAZING. Not only do they work fantastic together, but they are just as impressive as individual photographers and as people. The dynamic duo made my husband and I feel beyond comfortable at every turn; we had Karyn & Joe with us for 12 hours on our wedding day and every second was absolute bliss. They kept up with the craziness of the day, and made our day even more PERFECT. They are passionate and motivated about what they do and it is so evident in their work and personalities. They were timely, outgoing, professional, patient, courteous, and fun to say the least. We never once felt like “customers or clients”, but truly felt like friends and family. A photograph is something that lasts forever, and has the ability to hold a memory that one can cherish for a lifetime – Karyn & Joe did just that for us. They ever so beautifully captured our special day and gave us the ability to relive it, for days and years to come. If you are reading this, please know you cannot go wrong in choosing, or at least looking into, Karyn & Joe May for your photography - your wedding day will fly by and one of the few things you can physically touch and look at after your wedding are your wedding pictures. A wedding should be one of the most, if not THE MOST, important days of your life – choosing Karyn & Joe May to capture our fairytale of a day was a decision that will pay off for the rest of our lives! There is no need to sugarcoat it - they are exquisite people and talented photographers... they are simply amazing. #TEAMMAY

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 LiAnh N

AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHERS!!! Karyn and Joe have got to be two of the sweetest people I have ever met! These two deserve more than 5 stars! Their passion and love for what they do is what makes them such great photographers. My husband broke his arm the night before our... Read More engagement photo session but we still decided to hop on the plane and fly back to Michigan for it! We were both extremely nervous as it was our first time ever having professional pictures taken together and now dealing with a broken arm. Let me just say...even with a huge cast on his arm the photos turned out so great that most people didn't even notice the cast until I mentioned it to them. We had such a fun and enjoyable time that we knew our wedding day would be just as great. Karyn and Joe were loved by our families and all of our guests on our big day. We were lucky to have been able to have photos taken at two different sites; which they had visited prior to the wedding day to make sure it was what I had wanted. Their fun personalities made picture taking so enjoyable not just for us but our entire wedding party as well. We have gotten so many compliments from our friends here in Texas on how great our wedding photos were....but the best part is THEY TRAVEL!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM! YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!

Best in Grand Rapids

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Marissa H

When I first started looking for a photographer, I knew that who ever I chose had to be AMAZING. After all, for me, one of the most important vendors was the photographer (I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this). I came across Karyn's website from a simple online search, set... Read More up a meeting with her and her husband, Joe, and instantly fell in love! Her work was fabulous and they were just the nicest people ever! I booked a package with her that also included our engagement session. Karyn worked with us and made sure we were happy with everything. She scouted out locations and let me tell you, they were absolutely perfect!! Karyn and her team paid extra close attention to all of the important details at my wedding and I couldn't be more thrilled to have had such a wonderful experience. The photos turned out absolutely stunning and I wouldn't dream of recommending anyone. If your number one vendor priority is photography then you MUST have Karyn May Photography! Thank you again, Karyn and Joe! Much love!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Sharleen B

Karyn and Joe are not only phenomenal photographers but extremely amazing and caring people. At first glance of their website I knew they were the "ones." When I reached out and spoke to Karyn I was immediately put at ease. She took the time to answer my many questions and it... Read More felt as if I were talking to a longtime friend. Throughout the entire process Karyn and Joe were both beyond amazing. They have a way of making you and everyone else feel so relaxed and comfortable so that your best self shines through. Their vision and ability to capture the beauty of all the special moments of our wedding day still takes my breath away. I am incredibly thankful and honored to have had them both apart of one of the most amazing days of my life! I highly suggest Karyn and Joe to capture all those memorable moments of your life! The love they have for each other, their craft and making others smile truly makes them the best and must have for all occasions.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Saba E

Best. Photographers. Ever. Karyn and Joe May are simply amazing at what they do. They knew all of the good photo spots for our engagement and wedding pictures and made us feel so comfortable and carefree during the whole wedding process. The pictures of our wedding day were... Read More perfection. They captured every beautiful and candid moment of our wedding day and all of our family and friends, and everything was perfect. From my initial phone call with Karyn, I just knew she was the best fit and felt she really listened to exactly what we wanted our wedding day to be, and we have amazing photos to relive the best day ever for years to come. Thank you Karyn and Joe!!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Rahul E

Karyn and Joe were super easy to work with, anticipated some of our needs ahead of us asking and the photos of our engagement and wedding came out looking amazing - we especially like their lighting style! They are also very responsive, accommodating and can work with a variety... Read More of locations / schedules/special requests etc. We highly recommend them and their work!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Jodie V

It was a pleasure working with Karyn and Joe. They are absolutely the best and produce high quality photos. Karyn and Joe are friendly, and truly care about their bride and groom! They are a wonderful team and helped make my wedding day run smoothly. I'm thankful for the moments... Read More and memories they captured at my wedding!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Jasmine H

Karyn and Joe were absolutely amazing to work with! They are very friendly, pleasant, genuine and talented at what they do. Our pictures turned out beautiful and there are so many photos to choose from! It's never easy getting our 4 children to smile at the same time, but... Read More Karyn and Joe managed to do that without issues! The pictures are so real and in the moment, and captured a lot of personality and character of the wedding party, our guests, and the entire event. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding/event photographer! Thank you, Karyn & Joe! 😊

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Jennifer A

Karyn and Joe were amazing! They make the day go by so much smoother! I highly recomend them!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Kali J

Karyn and Joe made our wedding exceptional. Our ceremony was very short and intimate and they captured it perfectly. It was truly a great experience: Karyn and Joe took the reins and made sure we got exactly what we wanted. I never once had to worry if any shots were missed... Read More or if there was anything we should be doing differently. I would highly recommend Karyn and Joe to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Cara M

The best wedding gift is the ability to relive the day for the rest of your life. When selecting a photographer, I sought someone that shared the same vision, with the ability to capture the big moments along with the small details, and candid shots in between. Karyn and Joe... Read More went above and beyond to ensure our wedding was photographed beautifully. They were extremely collaborative in the planning process along the way, and made us feel comfortable with their style at our engagement session. They day of the wedding was a breeze. I would recommend them as my #1 to anyone! You'll be extremely happy with the end product.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Ashley D

Karyn and Joe were great!! From the first time we spoke on the phone, their energy and dedication to capturing our special day was so evident. They were incredibly flexible when we asked for our engagement shoot to be done in Ann Arbor, also, which was really special for us, not... Read More to mention all of the wonderful photos that were taken between our engagement shoot and wedding. We highly recommend Karyn and Joe and can't imagine having chosen anyone else!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Karen H

Absolutely amazing photos! Karyn and Joe are very professional and talented. They captured our most special moments and memories! I will use them for all photography needs in the future.

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Megan M

Karyn and Joe were wonderful! They were extremely accommodating. Due to my work hours and location, I was calling at late hours of the night and on weekends to discuss details, and Karyn was always kind and helpful. They had lots of great ideas for pictures. On the day of the... Read More wedding, they were there right on time. I loved them. My husband loved them. I highly recommend them to everyone. Thank you Karyn and Joe. :-)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Elenia U

THE BEST!! Karyn & Joe do an incredible job. Such talented photographers! Not only that, but the whole experience was just awesome too. They are so fun and outgoing and make you feel very comfortable in front of the camera. Would absolutely recommend Karyn & Joe!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Ryanne G

Karyn and Joe were the perfect wedding photographers. We had a BLAST working with them on our wedding day! Karyn and Joe also went above and beyond the typical photographer duties. They helped us plan our wedding timeline down to every last detail and kept us on schedule the... Read More day of. They even spent time cruising around Holland before our wedding to pick out the perfect spots for photos! I would highly recommend Karyn May Photography services to every happy couple planning their wedding. They captured every special moment into beautiful photographs that will help us relive that magical day for the rest of our lives :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Megan S

WONDERFUL PICTURES, WONDERFUL TEAM I did my research to pick an engagement/wedding photographer, and Karyn and Joe were absolutely amazing. They were so personable, friendly, and encouraging over the phone and in person. We had a blast at our engagement session; they drove all... Read More the way to our home in Chicago and traveled across the city to take shots in four different places. They made a weird experience comfortable and fun. Our wedding was no different! It was like having old friends capture our most special moments on our perfect day. We are in love with all of our photos and are having a hard time picking favorites! Karyn and Joe gave us a way to hold on to our most precious memories and we couldn't ask for anything more important. Karyn and Joe have unbelievable talent and were so enjoyable to work with; I just hope they'll take our anniversary pictures in the future!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Michelle S

Karyn and Joe were simply amazing! Great people who don't just take incredible photos, they were there talking us thru certain things and calming us down. Simply put, they really want you to have a great experience and are very genuine, fun people. They met and exceeded... Read More expectations, which in our case was tough since I am very detail oriented, and picky. Overall great experience!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lauren & Jeff K

Karen and Joe May are the absolute best!! In our opinion, the photographers and the videographers are the most important pieces, as they are the ones that preserve your wedding day in a memory forever. We really wanted to make sure our photographers were the right ones; and... Read More honestly, we could not have picked better!! We hired Karen and Joe to do our wedding on September 24th of this year. From our initial meeting, our stunning engagement pictures, all the way through the wedding day – it was definitely the best decision! Looking back at our wedding, they were so fantastic at making sure we got every shot we wanted, all-the-while being so happy, and excited to be with us on our big day! The married couple duo was perfect as we were getting ready. Joe was with the guys, and Karen with the ladies. It made it so easy throughout the day. We had a wedding of 415 people, a big, energetic bridal party, and not a lot of time to do pictures. We went into it knowing that we may not get all the pictures most couples get (because of our situation). Nonetheless Karen and Joe not only got every picture that we wanted/needed, they were able to get another 45 minutes of pictures done! They were so well prepared, efficient, and professional. Karen and Joe, take immense pride in their work, and know how important their role is. We saw this quality first hand with our engagement pictures and were immediately ecstatic to have their photography on our wedding day! They backed up everything they said in our initial meeting, and some, with their work. Our pictures were stunning. They get to know their clients, understand the angles they look good in, and make them feel so comfortable during it all. They can do all of this because they are superior photographers, yes, but maybe even more importantly – they are phenomenal people. We HIGHLY recommend their services for your special occasion. You will not be disappointed, and have such beautiful memories that will last a lifetime! Thank you again Karyn and Joe for making our entire engagement, as well as, the wedding day so unbelievably special!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lauren & Jeff K

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Mason W

Karyn and Joe made our day one to remember!! They are the perfect balance of professional and fun!!! They did both our engagement shoot and or wedding day. They are so creative and are amazing at what they do! Would highly reccommed them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Gary G

Karyn and Joe are amazing! They were professional and fun and really helped to sort out some unforeseen and potentially unpleasant situations that popped up. They took charge of wrangling family members away from the open bar with a polite easy disposition and used humor and... Read More pluck to turn the chaos of family pictures into a delightful experience for everyone. They are so talented and creative and we simply loved every aspect of working with them.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Natalie P

The Perfect Duo for your Big Day Our top priority once my husband and I started planning our wedding was to book a great photographer. My husband’s sister got married the year prior and unfortunately, her wedding photographer misled them at the time of booking and they were... Read More very disappointed with the results. They only had a small handful from the entire day that were even acceptable for printing or to put in an album. When it was time for planning our wedding, we wanted to make sure that we did not end up in a similar position. We went to many bridal shows an met many photographers. While many of them looked good, Karyn and Joe stuck out to us among all of the rest. They are both some of the sweetest people you will ever meet! They were so personable, warm, and easy to get along with. Immediately after meeting them, we knew we wanted to work with them! Before our engagement shoot, we had a lot of conversation back and forth about shooting locations. Karyn had some really great ideas and insight and listened to our preferences to help find the perfect location. Our engagement shoot was so much fun and Karyn and Joe captured some really great moments, including some cute ones with our new puppy. The day of our wedding, Karyn and Joe were fantastic! They got shots of us getting ready separately as well as candid shots before our first look as well other little details we hadn’t even though of. We had picked out several shooting locations for before the ceremony with our bridal party, but unfortunately we were running a little late and were rushed for getting to all of our sites. They remained flexible and were able to get phenomenal shots at the spots we were still able to make it to. They were very organized throughout parts that could have been chaotic (family portraits). They got shots of the reception venue before it was filled with people which were absolutely gorgeous. They were able to get such entertaining dancing pictures of our guests as well as ones with people mingling. We, (as well as our guests) were so impressed with how they were able to capture so many beautiful moments of the day and did not insert themselves into the center of everything like I’ve seen with other wedding photographers. Once they finished editing, they sent them to us in such a cute package, proving that the details truly matter! Booking Karyn and Joe was the best decision we made during our planning process! They are such wonderful people to work with and are amazing at what they do! You will not be disappointed. Thank you again Karyn and Joe!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Susie B

We feel incredibly lucky that we had Karyn and Joe to document our wedding day! From our first meeting I felt very comfortable and confident with them. Karyn makes you feel like a family member right from the start. They were very easy to work with, responded quickly to... Read More communication and, best of all, our pictures are stunning.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Laura O

We had an incredible experience with Karyn and Joe and our wedding photographers. They did an excellent job of working with us leading up to the wedding and making sure all of the shots we wanted were captured, and more! Karyn was extremely friendly and thorough during the... Read More planning stages. I cannot recommend them enough!