Photo, Second Shooter Available

Grand Rapids, MI
Midwest & More!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Elena C

If I was forced to sum it up, choosing Karyn & Joe was by far the BEST wedding gift my husband and I could have ever given ourselves; now and forever. In choosing a wedding photographer, I truly had no idea what to expect or look for. Karyn and Joe, a husband and wife dynamic... Read More team, just happened to be the first couple I reached out to and they set the bar so high. To be honest, I thought it was just about finding someone who could take a beautiful picture and edit it to make it even better – I was so wrong. I learned that photographers turn into family that day and Karyn & Joe were, and are, just that. From meeting them at our engagement session, all the way until the last minute of our reception, they were AMAZING. Not only do they work fantastic together, but they are just as impressive as individual photographers and as people. The dynamic duo made my husband and I feel beyond comfortable at every turn; we had Karyn & Joe with us for 12 hours on our wedding day and every second was absolute bliss. They kept up with the craziness of the day, and made our day even more PERFECT. They are passionate and motivated about what they do and it is so evident in their work and personalities. They were timely, outgoing, professional, patient, courteous, and fun to say the least. We never once felt like “customers or clients”, but truly felt like friends and family. A photograph is something that lasts forever, and has the ability to hold a memory that one can cherish for a lifetime – Karyn & Joe did just that for us. They ever so beautifully captured our special day and gave us the ability to relive it, for days and years to come. If you are reading this, please know you cannot go wrong in choosing, or at least looking into, Karyn & Joe May for your photography - your wedding day will fly by and one of the few things you can physically touch and look at after your wedding are your wedding pictures. A wedding should be one of the most, if not THE MOST, important days of your life – choosing Karyn & Joe May to capture our fairytale of a day was a decision that will pay off for the rest of our lives! There is no need to sugarcoat it - they are exquisite people and talented photographers... they are simply amazing. #TEAMMAY

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 LiAnh N

AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHERS!!! Karyn and Joe have got to be two of the sweetest people I have ever met! These two deserve more than 5 stars! Their passion and love for what they do is what makes them such great photographers. My husband broke his arm the night before our... Read More engagement photo session but we still decided to hop on the plane and fly back to Michigan for it! We were both extremely nervous as it was our first time ever having professional pictures taken together and now dealing with a broken arm. Let me just say...even with a huge cast on his arm the photos turned out so great that most people didn't even notice the cast until I mentioned it to them. We had such a fun and enjoyable time that we knew our wedding day would be just as great. Karyn and Joe were loved by our families and all of our guests on our big day. We were lucky to have been able to have photos taken at two different sites; which they had visited prior to the wedding day to make sure it was what I had wanted. Their fun personalities made picture taking so enjoyable not just for us but our entire wedding party as well. We have gotten so many compliments from our friends here in Texas on how great our wedding photos were....but the best part is THEY TRAVEL!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM! YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!

Best in Grand Rapids

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Marissa H

When I first started looking for a photographer, I knew that who ever I chose had to be AMAZING. After all, for me, one of the most important vendors was the photographer (I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this). I came across Karyn's website from a simple online search, set... Read More up a meeting with her and her husband, Joe, and instantly fell in love! Her work was fabulous and they were just the nicest people ever! I booked a package with her that also included our engagement session. Karyn worked with us and made sure we were happy with everything. She scouted out locations and let me tell you, they were absolutely perfect!! Karyn and her team paid extra close attention to all of the important details at my wedding and I couldn't be more thrilled to have had such a wonderful experience. The photos turned out absolutely stunning and I wouldn't dream of recommending anyone. If your number one vendor priority is photography then you MUST have Karyn May Photography! Thank you again, Karyn and Joe! Much love!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Mason W

Karyn and Joe made our day one to remember!! They are the perfect balance of professional and fun!!! They did both our engagement shoot and or wedding day. They are so creative and are amazing at what they do! Would highly reccommed them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Gary G

Karyn and Joe are amazing! They were professional and fun and really helped to sort out some unforeseen and potentially unpleasant situations that popped up. They took charge of wrangling family members away from the open bar with a polite easy disposition and used humor and... Read More pluck to turn the chaos of family pictures into a delightful experience for everyone. They are so talented and creative and we simply loved every aspect of working with them.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Natalie P

The Perfect Duo for your Big Day Our top priority once my husband and I started planning our wedding was to book a great photographer. My husband’s sister got married the year prior and unfortunately, her wedding photographer misled them at the time of booking and they were... Read More very disappointed with the results. They only had a small handful from the entire day that were even acceptable for printing or to put in an album. When it was time for planning our wedding, we wanted to make sure that we did not end up in a similar position. We went to many bridal shows an met many photographers. While many of them looked good, Karyn and Joe stuck out to us among all of the rest. They are both some of the sweetest people you will ever meet! They were so personable, warm, and easy to get along with. Immediately after meeting them, we knew we wanted to work with them! Before our engagement shoot, we had a lot of conversation back and forth about shooting locations. Karyn had some really great ideas and insight and listened to our preferences to help find the perfect location. Our engagement shoot was so much fun and Karyn and Joe captured some really great moments, including some cute ones with our new puppy. The day of our wedding, Karyn and Joe were fantastic! They got shots of us getting ready separately as well as candid shots before our first look as well other little details we hadn’t even though of. We had picked out several shooting locations for before the ceremony with our bridal party, but unfortunately we were running a little late and were rushed for getting to all of our sites. They remained flexible and were able to get phenomenal shots at the spots we were still able to make it to. They were very organized throughout parts that could have been chaotic (family portraits). They got shots of the reception venue before it was filled with people which were absolutely gorgeous. They were able to get such entertaining dancing pictures of our guests as well as ones with people mingling. We, (as well as our guests) were so impressed with how they were able to capture so many beautiful moments of the day and did not insert themselves into the center of everything like I’ve seen with other wedding photographers. Once they finished editing, they sent them to us in such a cute package, proving that the details truly matter! Booking Karyn and Joe was the best decision we made during our planning process! They are such wonderful people to work with and are amazing at what they do! You will not be disappointed. Thank you again Karyn and Joe!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Susie B

We feel incredibly lucky that we had Karyn and Joe to document our wedding day! From our first meeting I felt very comfortable and confident with them. Karyn makes you feel like a family member right from the start. They were very easy to work with, responded quickly to... Read More communication and, best of all, our pictures are stunning.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Laura O

We had an incredible experience with Karyn and Joe and our wedding photographers. They did an excellent job of working with us leading up to the wedding and making sure all of the shots we wanted were captured, and more! Karyn was extremely friendly and thorough during the... Read More planning stages. I cannot recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

We hired Karyn & Joe to photograph a party on the beach in Michigan this summer in celebration of our wedding a few months prior. Karyn & Joe did an absolutely amazing job. They captured some incredibly special moments and the atmosphere of our laid back beach party. They were... Read More fantastic to work with, and flexible with the travel and logistics required for our venue. Couldn't ask for nicer people to work with. If you are looking for a wedding or special event photographer, we would highly recommend Karyn May Photography!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Amy S

Karyn and Joe May are by far the most wonder photographers. Not only do they do absolutely phenomenal work but they are personable, genuine, fun, efficient, their experience and knowledge are far beyond what I could have imagined. The work their behinds of f but they were not... Read More "working" while with us. We could tell they truly love what they are doing and they were enjoying themselves and it really shows through our spectacular images we received. I would recommend Karyn May Photography 150 times over. Words cannot describe how happy we are with our engagement and wedding photos!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Sara G

Karyn and Joe were the perfect choice for our wedding photographers! We have so many photos we love, it is impossible to pick favorites! They include engagement photos in their packages to get to know you before the big day and so you can get to know them. That alone is a... Read More gift as Karyn and Joe are one of the sweetest couples you will ever meet! Your photographer is with you the majority of your day, so truly enjoying their company is really important. They were a pleasure to be around and the result was so many gorgeous photos. I felt like they truly captured the look and feel that I wanted and made my wedding photos unique. Karyn and Joe, I cannot thank you enough! XOXO

Exceeded Expectations!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Heather L

Karyn and Joe were an excellent team at our wedding this August in Grand Rapids. Karyn took the time to Skype with me before our wedding since I wasn't able to meet her in person before the event and for an hour we talked about what I was looking for, requested photos, styles,... Read More etc. It was phenomenal. The day of, Karyn and Joe took outstanding posed and candid photos of the night that I cannot stop showing off! They really go the extra mile- our photos arrived in the cutest box packaged with a bow and even a few extra prints! They are PHENOMENAL and I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Jen M

We had an amazing experience working with Karyn and Joe! Starting back when I first e-mailed Karyn about being our photographer, she responded within a few hours (this very rarely happens with wedding vendors, they usually take forever to respond). We asked if they would be... Read More willing to travel from GR to Traverse City and they were more than happy to do so. We had a blast shooting our engagement photos and were blown away at how cool those pictures turned out. On our wedding day, Karyn and Joe really helped make the day run smoothly. They were there shooting photos all day long, starting with getting ready and ending with awesome shots from our dance party at the end of the night. Our favorite part was when we were shooting our photos of just the two of us in the vineyard. They helped us loosen up and really look natural in all of our pictures. We loved that our photos really show off our personalities as there are many of us laughing as well as many very romantic pictures. We just got our pictures back and I have to say, I've probably looked at all 2000 pictures at least 10 times now. We are obsessed and couldn't be happier with out they turned out!

Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Rachel U

Karyn and Joe were perfect for our wedding and engagement photos. They captured our day perfectly and we so easy to work with.

You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Gina V

We found Karyn and Joe May through a distant friend's pictures on social media. We loved the casual style and how they captured the real moments of the day. Before even meeting them Karyn talked to me on the phone for over an hour. She was friendly, informative and had a... Read More genuine interest in me and my wedding plans. When meeting with them, my husband and I fell in love with they photography and their personalities. They had so many examples of their work to show us and we loved all of it. Their pricing was very good for what was provided and the quality of their photographs. They have a few different tier packages which allows brides to find one that is just right for them and their budget. The free engagement session was awesome. They spent the entire day with us and captured some of the best photos of us. They were so comfortable to be around that day and on the wedding day when there is a lot going on. My husband and I come from big and involved families and they got along with every single family member. Our moms loved them and we barely noticed they were taking pictures. They worked great with our venue coordinators and our Catholic Parish. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend! one better out there!

Amazing experience with Karyn May!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Michelle D

We had the most fantastic experience with Karyn May Photography for our wedding. Karyn and Joe were a delight to work with - they put my husband and I right at ease. Prior to our engagement shoot, Karyn reached out and really took the time to chat with me, and get a sense of the... Read More style and aesthetic of our wedding. It was by no means a cookie-cutter experience and I really appreciated the personal touch. On our wedding day they were incredibly professional and focussed, but also so fun to be around. You can tell they genuinely love what they do and it shows in their work. They are truly a dynamic duo - cannot recommend them highly enough!

AMAZING photographers!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Stacia G

Karyn and Joe were absolutely amazing to work with. We had several events with many requests and they were so flexible and willing to do anything to make us happy. They are extremely patient and professional. I would HIGHLY recommend them!!

Say YES to Karyn May!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Jacilyn M

Every bride has her number one most important and valued detail for the biggest day of her life. For me, that was my photographer. I knew that the moments captured by our photographer would last a lifetime. I began my search and came across Karyn May's blog and immediately fell... Read More in love. There wasn't another photographer that matched her ability to take the perfect photo. Once my husband and I met Karyn and Joe, that was it! Done deal. They are not only professional, but they are so down to earth, caring, and beyond creative. Karyn and Joe arrived at our wedding venue ready to work, but made us feel so comfortable that we could be ourselves, be silly, tell them our mouth hurt from smiling, and that the sun was hurting our eyes! Their flexibility meant so much to us as the weather changed from bright and sunny to perfectly overcast. We could go on and on about why Karyn and Joe are the perfect choice. Check out their blog. Meet them. It's the best decision you will make for your special day. Say YES!

Excellent Photographers!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Alexis f

I was married on 8/2/14 and were thrilled with the service and quality we received from Karyn May Photography. Karyn and Joe are fantastic and easy to work with. They made our engagement photo sessions so much fun that we invited them out to dinner afterwards. They are truly... Read More down to earth and are willing to help make your day special. Their communication was top notch and the quality of product we received for the wedding and engagement photos were excellent. We would not recommend anyone else and would hire them again in the future!

Awesome Photos!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Lauren S

Karyn and Joe May were so amazing! We loved our photos and time with them! They are both so nice and made us completely comfortable. It was really fun and I would highly recommend them for your wedding.

Amazing Duo and the Nicest People You'll Ever Meet!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Kim W

Karyn and Joe will go above and beyond to fulfill your every wish for photos. Their dedication and expertise is unrivaled. We're so happy they were available to shoot my daughter's engagement session and we also booked them for the wedding. You won't find a more down-to-earth,... Read More genuine, caring couple and they just happen to be top-notch photographers too! We were impressed with how many times they've won Best of Weddings, but after meeting and working with them it's easy to see why! You absolutely can't go wrong with them!

Great Photographers!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Brittany D

Karyn May Photography did an amazing job for us! From the first day we spoke to Karyn on the phone, she was so good at listening and then adding her ideas to complement what we wanted. Karyn and her husband, Joe, were so fun to work with for our engagement session we knew the... Read More wedding would be great! Karyn and Joe got all of the shots we wanted on our big day! They are so fun to work with! One of the best things to hear was from our families the next day when they told us how much they had loved meeting and working with Karyn and Joe all day. A fun, professional, and talented team!

BEST West Michigan Photogs!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Kristen F

We got married August 16th in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Our journey with Karyn and Joe began a year prior. We first met them for our engagement shoot Labor Day weekend and instantly felt a connection with them. Karyn and Joe work so well together and make you feel extremely... Read More comfortable. Their strategy of having Karyn as the first shooter with Joe shooting behind the scenes works amazing. You get portrait like photos as well as natural, in the moment photos. We were thrilled with our engagement shoot, ( and our experience with Karyn and Joe only got better on our wedding day! Karyn shot us girls getting ready, while Joe was with the boys. We then had our full ceremony, family portraits, wedding party, reception all photographed. Not one moment was missed and there is not one photo we don't absolutely love! All of our friends who have been in weddings or recently got married also raved about Karyn and Joe and how AWESOME they were the entire day. We feel so lucky to have worked with them and had our most special day captured by two professional and passionate photographers!

Lucky Bride and Groom

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Karyn and Joe May at Karyn May Photography were incredible. The minute I spoke with Karyn on the phone I knew I was going to love her. She makes you feel like you've known her your whole life. As anyone planning a wedding knows, it's a crazy time. Karyn and Joe made everything... Read More so much simpler. Karyn always was available to answer questions and put my mind at ease. When I got to meet them in person at our engagement photos it confirmed everything I already thought of them. When our pictures came back we were THRILLED to say the least. My husband (fiance at the time) was laughing at me because I had one of our engagement pictures in every room. On our wedding day, they were amazing as well. The got every shot I could have ever wanted and more. Everyone has come up to me and told me how beautiful my wedding photos are. I owe that to Karyn and Joe. They have my highest recommendation. I promise you would not regret them being a part of such an important day.

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Karyn and Joe were a great team. They helped my husband and I feel at ease. By allowing us to enjoy our day, they captured very special moments. Great quality and unique shots!

Start a Conversation!