Katrina Baecht at Spoken Heart Ceremonies

Austin & Greater Hill Country Area

Tell your story. Speak your heart.

Your ceremony is more than a ho-hum prelude to a rockin' party---it should be joyous (or hilarious) telling of your story---a love story that gives your guests a reason to celebrate! It should be a well-thought out reflection of your values---what love & marriage mean to you. Couples work with me because I am thoughtful, warm, intentional, and genuine in my approach---I see my role as a friend here to help you figure out what your options are, shower you with resources, and help you navigate the sometimes tricky waters surrounding weddings. Eight parents & step-parents to juggle? children? dogs? religious differences? Don't face it alone. I'll walk you through the creation process, tell your story & perform you ceremony with warmth & joy! I customize small weddings & elopements as well!

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Ceremony, Wedding

Austin & Greater Hill Country Area

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Donna B

Katrina was amazing! From the moment we first touched base with her, we could tell from our interactions that she would be the perfect person to lead our special day. Katrina writes beautifully and created a beautiful ceremony plan from our love story that represented us... Read More perfectly. She made sure that it was just what we wanted before the day arrived. When we met Katrina, it felt as if we had known her for years. She is personable, kind and made us feel at ease at a venue that was swarming with bees! Her presence at our marriage will remain in our hearts forever. As a follow-up to our ceremony, she emailed to check in with us and provided us with a beautiful script from which to celebrate our one-year anniversary and all other anniversaries. She truly exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Stephanie R

I came across Spoken Heart Ceremonies after looking for an officiant that would let us create a customized ceremony that reflected our relationship; fun, light hearted and meaningful. Katrina was absolutely amazing to work with! She gave us exactly what we were looking for; a... Read More chance to build (and re-build) our ceremony from the ground up. After working with Katrina we had a truly customized ceremony (and story) that we love!! Katrina is a wizard with words and can guide you where needed. No matter what type of ceremony you are looking for, Katrina can make it happen! If you are unsure of what direction to take, Katrina will work with you to help narrow down choices and ultimately create something memorable and meaningful!! Thank you Katrina!!

The Perfect Ceremony

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Jenna S

My now-husband and I were anxious about our ceremony. Really, really anxious. We are decidedly not religious and quite liberal but both come from Southern-rooted, conservative Christian families. We found Katrina online and were immediately drawn to her lifestyle and... Read More philosophy. When we met her, we instantly knew that she would be perfect. We expressed our anxieties about hosting a ceremony and wanting all people to feel welcome, and she knew exactly how to bridge the gap between our families' faith systems and ours. When I talked to some very good friends after the wedding, one of them expressed how much she loved our ceremony because she understood it as free from religion and religious-based ideals. Her fiance, a more religious person, however, said that he felt like religion was not absent. I don't know how Katrina did it, but this shows that she really knows how to cater to a diverse audience - and everyone can take something different away. I would recommend Katrina to anyone wanting a non-traditional ceremony filled with love, joy, and total harmony. Ours was so beautiful and so personal...I will treasure her words forever.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Cathryn D

It was an absolute pleasure having Katrina tell our love story. She created a beautiful ceremony that truly reflected our personalities, interests and love for one another. Our guests came from a variety of cultures and religions, but Katrina was able to share our story in a way... Read More that each of them could relate, even thought it was unique and non-traditional. She spent time getting to know both of us and helped walk us thru every step of the ceremony. We are so please that we chose her and would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Laura T

Katrina did an amazing job! We were planning our wedding from a distance and she helped us throughout the whole process via both Skype and email. We wanted to write the ceremony ourselves and Katrina helped guide us in crafting a ceremony that was well-written, cohesive, and... Read More also unique and special to us (incorporating both English and Spanish as well as Jewish elements). We would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Allison A

Katrina was the perfect choice for our June wedding. We met with her almost a year ago, and found her so personable and relatable. We then sat down with her a few months before the wedding to go over our ceremony. We talked about what we loved about each other, how we grew... Read More together etc. We though she was taking notes the whole time, but at the end she asked if we wanted to hear it. She read us the most beautiful, personal, and touching ceremony that she wrote right there on the spot! The day of the wedding, Katrina came early and prepared. Not only did she have copies of our vows, but tissues folded perfectly sticking out of her portfolio for us to use as needed during ceremony. She delivered a beautiful and eloquent ceremony. Our family and friends are still raving over how personalized and unique the ceremony was. Katrina was a breeze to work with. She offered guidance and advice without being pushy or bossy. She was flexible when I decided that I wanted to change our reading. Overall, I can absolute say that Katrina is the best and truly loves what she does. Words can't express how thankful we were to have her as a part of our wedding. We will cherish our ceremony for the rest of our lives. Thank you Katrina!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Andrew E

My wife and I connected with Katrina about 11 months before our wedding. We met with her face to face so she could get to know us as a couple and explain to us how the ceremony creation process works. We instantly resonated with her kindness, warmth, and insight into marriage... Read More and life in general. We worked through the ceremony creation process and she was always available for help when we had questions. We met a few weeks before the wedding so she could put everything together and write our story. Her ability to take the words that we spoke about each other and translate them into such a beautiful ceremony was astonishing. It was as if a poet was writing the emotions directly from your heart. We didn't have a day of coordinator but Katrina was able to run the rehearsal and ceremony with exceptional efficiency and professionalism. Not only was Katrina a wonderful officiant, we feel like we gained a true friend after going through the ceremony creation process.

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Jessica G

Katrina is absolutely amazing! My husband and I were thrilled with the personal ceremony she created for us. We had full control of the construction of the ceremony, and she provided the best help and guidance throughout the process. The ceremony she helped create brought us to... Read More tears- it was absolutely perfect. She has an amazing heart and soul that she puts into her work, and it shows! The day of the wedding, she was on time and very calm (while I was not). She made sure everything went smoothly prior to the ceremony and helped my husband and I calmly get where we needed to be. We opted out of a wedding planner or day-of coordinator, and Katrina stepped up to the plate and took on that role for us on the day of our wedding. She is a wonderful person that made our special day so memorable and unique. After the wedding, she handled the marriage license and sent us a personalized anniversary ceremony. She is truly a wonderful person to work with and we wouldn't change our ceremony one bit. It was so perfect and special, and she was the one to help us and guide us to create something so memorable.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Roxanne W

I can't say enough amazing things about Katrina. Firstly, she is extremely well organized and responsive to your emails. She helped guide us throughout the entire process and helped us create a ceremony that suited us perfectly. Her work is absolutely amazing and she is an... Read More incredible person to work with. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a beautiful ceremony that is unique and personal :)

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Adrienne H

Katrina was amazing! We honestly could not have found a better officiant for our wedding. She made everyone very comfortable and the ceremony went so smoothly! She was everything we could of hoped for. The process to create our ceremony with her was fun and easy. She really... Read More got to know who we are and built our story and ceremony beautifully. I would suggest her to anyone looking for her services. She is great!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Angela W

Katrina was so wonderful! She was a calming presence on the wedding day and performed such a wonderful ceremony! She fit right in with our families and was extremely accommodating of our ideas and wishes on the wedding day.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Macc P

After looking for officiants for some time, we get to contact Katrina, I'm not gonna lie we were soo worry about the ceremony. My now husband and I don't really like weddings or the ceremonies, most of the time half way we start feeling bored, and every time ends on the same... Read More thing wedding after wedding.... It was very important for us to have a ceremony that really defined us and expressed our feelings, committed, happiness, it was super important for us to have a ceremony were the people who share this day with us could actually feel the love we have to each other, without passing out lol Katrina did this and much more, Im still amazed by how much people has come to us to let us know how touch full, mean full, funny and cool was our wedding ceremony. Katrina did an outstanding job there's no way I couldn't ever think on better words, she was able to understand our personalities and characters right away, I did sent her some ideas and she put everything together on no time and was soo much better than anything my husband and I could do. Everything was soo personal and meanfull, everything was perfect I recommend her to 100%, we can't thank her enough for everything she did.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Kalee B

My husband I were from Houston and our wedding was in Austin. I met with Katrina once after making my selection on an officiant. Let me just say, Katrina was phenomenal! She made the whole process a piece of cake. During our rehearsal, I had guests who actually thought she was... Read More our wedding planner. To their surprise, she wasn't. They thought that because Katrina went above and beyond her duties as an officiant. I would recommend Katrina to EVERYONE. Do you want a flawless wedding? She's #1 in the industry, so save yourself some time and pick her. :)

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Emily M

I'm so glad Katrina performed our marriage. I grew up religious, but my husband and I do not belong to a church so I was worried about finding an officiant who could balance the formality I'm accustomed to with what we're really like. Katrina found a way to honor my upbringing... Read More and family while creating a ceremony that was totally personalized to us. I feel like our wedding was sacred without being stuffy, and many of our guests commented on how "us" it was. Working with Katrina was so easy and I felt relaxed knowing she was at the helm of our ceremony, guiding us into marriage with kind confidence.

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Andy C

Katrina was amazing! She was super flexible with our time availability and was able to Skype with us when we were out of the country. She took the time to really get to know our story and create a beautiful ceremony that truly represented us. We loved how unique she made our... Read More ceremony, and the guests even came up to us afterwards to tell us that that was the loveliest they'd heard. She was friendly and helpful even when things didn't go as planned. For example, when we had to order pizza because our catering order got messed up, she even carried the pizza in right before we were supposed to walk down the isle! She made us laugh and feel that there was nothing to worry about. I'm so glad Katrina married us, and we wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Hopefully she's available for our 10th wedding anniversary when we renew our vows!!

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Erica T

Katrina is amazing. She made us feel comfortable from the very beginning. Throughout the whole process, it felt as though we were communicating with a long-time friend. She eased us through the process and put together a beautiful personalized ceremony. Our guests still talk... Read More about it!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Josh C

Katrina was amazing! My wife and I were concerned because we are pretty shy, and we were concerned about standing in front of everyone at our wedding, but Katrina's personality and relaxed manner made us feel very comfortable. She, in addition to our photographer (Peary... Read More Photography), made the ceremony go extremely smooth. They knew where to go and the order based on what we had a greed on, and even reminded us to have our rings at hand (which you wouldn't think, but it's very easy to forget). Our wedding felt intimate and very "us" because of how personal her ceremony construction process is. Though we met only on the day of the ceremony because we live in a different city, putting together our ceremony was easy as Katrina gives very specific instructions so that you get what you want. It was so wonderful that we both nearly cried.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Sarah P

Katrina was all I could have asked for in an officiant. She took time talking to us about the writing process, provided us with several options for readings and rituals, and really made the ceremony personal to us. I would recommend her to anyone, no matter what kind of wedding... Read More you want!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Abby M

From the first meeting with Katrina, we knew she was the perfect person to officiate our wedding. It felt like she already knew us and what kind of couple we are. We wanted a more unconventional type of wedding service, not super traditional or religious. She made amazing... Read More suggestions and was there to help us with writing the ceremony every step of the way. She even suggested a few things that neither my husband or I had ever heard of before which made our ceremony feel more special and unique to us. Our families are a little on the religious side and Katrina was able to word and deliver the service in such a meaningful and personal way that no one even noticed the absence of a prayer or even the traditional exchanging of vows. There wasn't a dry eye in the house and our families couldn't stop raving about Katrina all through the next day. Katrina, we can't thank you enough for being such an important part of our big day <3

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Phil J

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was selecting Katrina as our officiant. We had other officiant appointments, but after meeting her, we cancelled them as we could tell she was the right choice. She was very professional yet also very personable. She was... Read More extremely organized throughout the process and we were confident that this was one thing that we didn't need to worry about when there are so many things to be planning. We we're able to communicate via email as we revised the ceremony script (she had a ton of ideas for us as well), and it was resolved in plenty of time before the ceremony. She showed up early and was the cool, calming voice throughout the ceremony. Her presence really added to the specialness of the day. We had thought about asking a friend to be the officiant, but after having gone through the process, it would have been too big of a task to ask someone to do. Your wedding is about the couple, you want someone who can make it less stressful and a more magical, and Katrina is that person. I can't recommend her any more highly!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017

Katrina was a lucky find! She has the ability to get to know you as a couple, take what you say about each other and your relationship, and then craft a truly beautiful, heartfelt ceremony. She worked with us to write a ceremony that was personal, sincere, funny, and... Read More thoughtful. She was able to capture exactly the mood, emotions, and sentiments we were looking for. Katrina also has some wonderfully unique ideas for additions to the typical wedding ceremony, such as the wine ceremony we included in our wedding. Katrina is very easy and delightful to work with, and is responsive in her communication. She is comforting and compassionate, and she really helped ease the potential stress of planning a wedding. Her amazing expertise and love for what she does really showed. We are so very grateful to Katrina for making our wedding day exactly what we envisioned.

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Tammy D

Katrina was such a pleasure to work with. Even though we had a small last minute wedding, with little time to plan, she brought it all together and made the ceremony beautiful. We couldn't have asked for a better way to say "I do". She works with you all the way until you're... Read More absolutely satisfied with all the details of the ceremony. I would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Marissa S

I can't say enough about how special our ceremony was, thanks to Katrina. She made our ceremony so unique and customized to reflect who we are as a couple. We initially had no intention of writing our own vows, but Katrina has the ability to translate the feelings you can't... Read More quite express in words and turns them into wedding magic! When people talk about weddings, they often talk about how amazing the food was or how great the party was... but people still can't stop talking about how beautiful and personal our ceremony was. I strongly suggest having her attend your rehearsal as well. She talks over things like what to do if you can't get the ring on, what to do with your hands, and what to do if a bee lands on your face (which it did)! Katrina is truly giftsd at what she does and we can't thank her enough for making our ceremony so wonderful!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Callie M

Katrina was amazing! Not only is she very professional, she is creative, kind, and personable. She helped my fiance and I to create a truly meaningful ceremony completely personalized for us as a couple. She was very flexible, met with us when we needed assistance, and was very... Read More organized in assisting us with the ceremony which I really appreciated. On the day of, she was prompt, prepared, and helpful. Her conduction of the ceremony was perfect, incorporating what is most meaningful to us as a couple, and incorporating our guests. She also gracefully handled a situation in which our best man forgot the rings at the altar, and we all had a great laugh! If you are looking for an officiant, you have found her!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 alayna g

We couldn’t have made a better choice for our wedding. When we were looking for someone for our wedding we knew what we wanted, we needed to have someone who could create something very special to our hearts and set a foundation for our future as a married couple. We wanted a... Read More ceremony that we would remember and that our guest would to. We had a very small wedding just family, so with this we needed an officiant that would make our wedding stand out and warm the hearts of everyone, and Katrina was all of this and so much more! Katrina made our day so special, she was absolutely wonderful from day one. She created an incredible, one of a kind ceremony that really speaks form the heart. Throughout the process of making the ceremony Katrina was there for every question and had the most helpful tools to create a custom ceremony for us. She took our ideas and created a ceremony better than we ever imagined. She had so many fantastic recommendations when I talked to her. When first talking to her I was having trouble with creating what I truly wanted in a ceremony, I knew what I wanted but didn’t know how to express my thoughts into the ceremony but Katrina took my thoughts and ran with them, she gave me so many ideas on what we could do to make our dreams a reality, she was just marvelous. On the wedding day, I was running late but Katrina was at the ceremony spot way before the initial start time, she helped my husband and was so kind to help with all the last-minute questions and details. Katrina also stopped in to see me when I got to the chapel and guided us to how the ceremony was going to flow with everyone walking down the aisle, everything run so smoothly even though I was running late, you would have never known since Katrina handled everything so well, she is a true blessing! She was very reassuring and helpful, more then we could have asked for. At dinner after the wedding and to this day our whole family can’t stop talking about how wonderful Katrina was! Our family just loved the wonderful things she said and how beautiful the ceremony was, they said they had never been to a wedding where an officiant had done such an amazing job, Katrina really touched our guest’s hearts with our ceremony. It really is such a blessing to have such a wonderful person be a big part of your special day. Katrina is what made our wedding so breathtaking and remarkable! Her words will forever be in our hearts. We can’t thank Katrina enough for everything she did for us and for making our wedding spectacular! She is the best choice we made!

Katrina S. Baecht

I am a teacher, writer, thinker, reader, wife, sister, daughter, friend, dancer, vegetarian, dreamer, lazy Buddhist, bird-watcher, fire-spinner, gardener, improv-performer, and lover of life. In addition to officiating weddings all over Austin and the Great Hill Country area, I teach at St. Edward&#39;s University. My basic view of the world could be summed up thusly: Be good to each other. Help one another. Forgive one another. Love one another.