Katrina Jayne Photography

Southern California & love to travel!

Artistic, Classic, Lifestyle

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Southern California & love to travel! (805) 409-9467

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Diane S

Katrina is simply amazing. She goes out of her way to make everyone feel comfortable. I am someone who does not like getting her picture taken and she actually made the process fun for us. But more importantly she takes amazing pictures. I could not recommend Katrina highly... Read More enough. She is simply a pleasure to work with!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Jeff L

Super talented and so easy to work with! We loved working with Katrina for our engagement, wedding, and our rehearsal dinner. She has a wonderful eye for beauty and was able to go above and beyond our expectations for our wedding. She was very responsive and punctual. The photos... Read More we received were breathtaking. I would highly recommend her for any event and especially a wedding. True pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Jill K

Katrina is an extremely talented photographer with the most energetic and kind personality! When you begin planning your wedding, you have to prioritize what elements for the big day are important to you. The photographer was at the VERY top of my list- circled with stars and... Read More exclamation points!! I had seen so many different wedding photos that I knew exactly what I did NOT want, but only until I met Katrina did I realize what I DID want from a photographer. To start, the photographs were beyond my expectations. Katrina has a natural eye for beautiful, well-balanced, and creative compositions. For every photo, the focus is crisp and the background has just the right amount of blur. And the lighting! I don't know how she does it, but I LOVE how she works with lighting! Her photos are bright without being washed out, and the colors are vibrant without being oversaturated. Some photographers tend to have a strength (e.g. close-up, wide shots, etc.), but Katrina is great at all of them and provides a wide variety in her deliverable to you. While her portfolio speaks for itself, it really doesn't do her enough justice. As the bride, the photographer is probably the person you interact with most throughout your big day. She is there from getting ready, bridal party, first-look, portrait, family, ceremony, all the way through reception- so it's really important to be comfortable with your photographer. Katrina is the sweetest person and has such a radiant energy, it makes it easy to take natural photos with her. Let's face it, engagement and wedding photos can be super awkward for those of us that don't model for a living... but Katrina gave us tips and encouragement along the way. When she found a location or pose that she thought would look great in a photo, she'd excitedly say "I'm so obsessed with this!!!" and that excitement became contagious :) She was usually right, and those photos turned out to be the best! She clearly knows what she's doing, but even when I had a request for a specific photo- she would gladly do it with a smile. It's those little things that can make such a huge difference when you might be a little emotionally unbalanced (cmon, most brides are). She only adds to the happiness of the celebration and that is reflected by our expressions in the photos! As for communication, she is responsive by email and provides a private online photo gallery. This made it easy to view and download my engagement and wedding photos. We have used our photos for so many things: save-the-dates, thank you cards, Christmas cards, and photo-printed canvas gifts for family. That's how much we love her photos! I cannot emphasize enough how incredible Katrina is as a photographer and a person. It's been almost a year since my wedding, and looking back at her photos brings back the memories like yesterday. I can honestly say that hiring Katrina was one of the best decisions for our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Doris Y

My fiance and I hired Katrina for our engagement shoot through a referral from a friend. We were in California for a quick trip from NY and Katrina just so happened to be available when we were there. She recommended us a number of locations which we absolutely LOVED. Throughout... Read More the shoot she was so engaged and excellent at directing us. We felt so comfortable shooting with her, and it really allowed us to show our love, joy, and genuineness in our shots. She went above and beyond and even went home to grab a curling iron for me and curled my hair between locations IN HER CAR since my hair was soaking wet after the first beach location (the beach was initially the second location but due to the high tide we ended up having to shoot at the beach first). What kind of photographer would curl a client's hair on the fly?? Only Katrina! Katrina is simply a natural and an all-time professional. She goes above and beyond for her clients and even went way past our allotted time to ensure that we captured all that we needed. She is the sweetest photographer and so personable and friendly. She is so attentive to all of her clients and does not treat you like just a number. She gets to know her clients and puts so much effort into each and every shoot. We were completely WOWed by the photos we received, the results blew us out of the water and completely exceeded our expectations. I've worked with other photographers before and Katrina is by far the best. You definitely won't regret hiring Katrina. My only regret is not hiring her for our wedding (because we were on the East Coast)!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Payal P

We loved working with Katrina and her team on our wedding day! Our family and bridal family could not stop mentioning how much fun the photoshoot prior to the wedding was! It's clear how much she enjoys capturing special moments and I can't emphasize enough how beautiful our... Read More photos came out to be :) She perfects the balance between giving you guidance for some awesome shots and not be overbearing. Simply just a joy to work with! She is highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Melissa B

Before I get started on my review for KatrinaJayne Photography, there are a few things you should know about me so you can truly appreciate what I'm going to tell you. I am a very closed off person, I grew up in an ultra macho, ranching, sports, hunting and fishing environment... Read More in south east Texas. Guys like me don't play dress up and have our pictures taken. I got engaged to my fiancé (now my wife) in August. She told me a couple months later we were doing engagement photos with someone she really liked and we were doing it in Santa Monica. I was venturing out of my comfort zone and I was very nervous. Waiting for me on the other side of that camera was the complete opposite of how I felt. Katrina Jayne. Every little snide comment I would make, she always had something for me. With every direction she gave me, I fell in line a little bit more, then a little bit more, then a little bit more. I was expecting her to back down and she countered my ignorance and annoyance with witty one liners. A lesser photographer would have said "no more. I'm done," but Katrina knew how much this meant to my fiancé and eventually how much it meant to me. We recently tied the knot and Katrina was there front and center; ready to do battle again. She brought backup this time. She and her assistant had all these tough Texas boys falling in line to take their pictures. My wife and I are watching a video montage of pictures from the wedding that Katrina sent over. My wife cannot stop crying. I've even noticed a small amount of liquid building in my eyes also. Might be tears or I could just have something in my eye. For those of you still reading this, I must admit my actions were uncalled for and I do apologize. I appreciate it now; the situations were uncomfortable for me but Katrina was the one pushing me to do better. I will forever be indebted to Katrina for making my wife and yes, even me, extremely happy and honored to work with such a professional person. Her work is incredible. If you're ever curious about how our pictures turned out, I'm sure Katrina can show you a few. For someone who couldn't stand the idea of taking these pictures, find one where I look unhappy. I loved every minute of it, I love my wife and I love KatrinaJayne Photography for the amazing job she did. HIRE HER!!! Thank you, Katrina -Cody Moore

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Allie M

Katrina is absolutely the greatest! We just did our engagement photos with her this past weekend. She was so flexible! We went all the way to the Santa Ynez for vineyard photos, and back to Santa Barbara for pictures at the beach. Unfortunately, the was pouring rain the whole... Read More engagement shoot, but Katrina was so professional, and knew exactly how to handle it. We got some insanely romantic and magical photos, both highlighting the rain, and making it look like it wasn't raining at all. She is so wonderful to work with. Engagement photos can be so awkward, but she made it fun and easy!! So incredibly grateful to have found her!! Do yourself a favor, hire Katrina for your photos!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Myka C

Katrina is the best! We've only done our engagement pics so far but her work is stunning! She took all my ideas and with great direction, created a product that was better than anything I could have ever imagined. My fiance was actually really hesitant going into the engagement... Read More session thinking he was going to end up looking awkward and fake, but he ended up having lots of fun and had the most genuine smiles in all the photos. I have full confidence that she will make our wedding pics just as great. I highly recommend her!

Natalie and Hectors Wedding September 25, 2015 Calamigos, Malibu

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

Katrina Jayne Photography was the photographer for our daughter's engagement and wedding day photos. The pictures she captured are just beautiful. Not only is Katrina a wonderful photographer, she is the most patient, kind, helpful and honest person you will be lucky enough to... Read More have for your special day. Of all the vendors on this special day, she is the one I would highly recommend to others. Thank you Katrina

Best Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Being a bride is stressful enough trying to figure out vendors and such. One day I was on Instagram and found Katrina Jayne and was amazed by all of her great work! After reading her reviews on The Knot we decided to set up an appointment and the rest was history. We loved every... Read More step of the process and gained a new friend in the end. We love her and her work! We highly recommend her!!

Great Photographer

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We loved our experience with Katrina Jayne Photography!!!!!! Her excellent customer service and turnaround time is unparalleled! She genuinely cares about her clients which has given us the opportunity to build a great friendship with her. Our wedding photos are incredible!! She... Read More is so talented and we are lucky to have had her as our wedding photographer!!!

Our BEST investment!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Out of all of our vendors Katrina is the one that we trusted the most. She made us feel like a top priority and was an essential part of our day. She goes above and beyond her job title and for that we are so grateful. She is extraordinarily talented, professional, and fun to be... Read More around. She always had a smile on her face even when things weren't going as planned. Our experience with her was priceless. We will cherish these images for the rest of our lives!

Amazing Photographer!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Ashley W

We absolutely loved having Katrina be our wedding photographer!! She did our engagement pictures as well as our wedding pictures and she the best! We loved her happy and upbeat personality and we could not be happier with our pictures! They are amazing!!! We highly recommend... Read More Katrina Jayne Photography!!!

we love our photos

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We love our photos from our wedding day so much that we have trouble picking our favorites! We were blessed to have Katrina as our wedding photographer and will definitely use her services in the future!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

Katrina is an excellent photographer! I knew from the moment I saw her blog and spoke to Katrina that I wanted her to capture my wedding! She did such an excellent job! I was just so impressed how she captured all of the little details, she has an eye for Beauty and a true... Read More talent. The moment she walked in, on our wedding day, she started working her magic. She communicates with all the vendors, she helped everything flow so smoothly at the wedding she could have been my coordinator! She was a huge help. When she sent the preview of our photos I started to cry. She photographed every detail, my husband and I looked so happy and it was so natural! Let me tell you after seeing the photos it was worth every cent! She truly has an amazing talent and we are just so happy we chose her to capture the best day of our lives! She is such a great person to be around and that's a huge Bonus in my opinion! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Rachele C

From the minute my husband and I sat down with Katrina for our first meeting we felt completely comfortable with her. We couldn't have been happier with our engagement photos and now we are absolutely in love with all our wedding photos. I don't think she took a bad photo. It... Read More really is hard for us to choose a favorite! It's evident Katrina really cares about her clients. She gave us great direction to make sure she got the shot and we ended up with all the photos we wanted and more. We can't thank her enough for capturing our day perfectly!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Jane S

Working with Katrina was absolutely AMAZING! Not only is she the sweetest person ever but she is also an incredibly talented photographer. Everything from our first meeting, to our engagement photos, to our wedding day was everything I had ever hoped for from a photographer. She... Read More is creative, innovative, and had a quick turnaround time. You HAVE to book Katrina for your wedding!!!

The Best Wedding Photograph

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Arielle W

Katrina Jayne Photography captured our wedding so beautifully and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Katrina makes the experience so personal and one-of-a-kind. She is extremely talented and has a lot of patience when it comes to photographing large wedding parties... Read More and families. She makes every bride feel like a princess and every groom feel like they can breathe a sigh of relief on the most exciting day of their lives. She is amazing at capturing light and at framing. So thankful to have found this superstar.

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Kelly N

We are so thankful we were lucky enough to find Katrina and book her for our wedding last spring. She also did our engagement session for us. Our pictures from both the engagement and the wedding were exactly what we wanted, high quality and classic. Everyone says our photos... Read More are the best they have seen! We are equally obsessed with the finished product! Katrina and her team were so easy and fun to work with the entire time! Like hanging out with friends while they Make you look amazing in photos! The prices offered for the packages are very on point with the industry and quality of the work. The turn around time was also much faster then other vendors. We strongly recommend Katrina to anyone needing professional photos- you will not regret it! Having a good photographer who knows their craft and keeps on schedule and can work with all your guests and bridal party is a tough job- Katrina amazed us each step of the way!

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Jessie G

My husband and I got married in April in Santa Barbara and hired Katrina as our trusted photographer. We just received all the pictures, and Katrina truly did an amazing job capturing the awesomest day of our lives! She and her assistant got such a great mixture of portraits,... Read More candids, and landscapes at our beautiful wedding venue, and she was extremely efficient, no-nonsense and professional. There are so many frame-worthy pictures in the bunch; we’re set for family gifts for years to come ;) Katrina’s photo and editing style is very classy and natural, she knows the bride, groom, and wedding party poses that come across nicely on camera, and clearly directs her shots as necessary. We were very lucky and appreciative to have Katrina, and highly recommend her to couples looking for a highly skilled photographer to work their big day!

If you are looking for a photographer - look no further

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Kristin L

If you have not booked a photographer yet, do yourself a favor and book Katrina. Not only is she an amazing photographer with an incredible eye - but she is also one of the sweetest, kindest, and most amazing people I have met. We had a Catholic wedding (1pm ceremony) and our... Read More cocktail hour did not start until 4:30pm so it was a LONG day but Katrina was a trooper and was there to capture every moment from start to finish. She was always there without being in the way and my whole wedding party felt comfortable around her. The pictures that she took are absolutely amazing - she gave us guidance and helped to make sure that we looked our best. Katrina is a class act and I really could not recommend her more strongly. We searched high and low for our photographer and probably looked at 100 vendors and are so happy and grateful that we found her. I cannot say enough amazing things about Katrina - she was such an integral part of our special day and I am so thankful to have had her there. A++++++++ times a billion (and then some) Simply stated - Katrina is AMAZING!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Amanda C

We just had our engagement shoot with Katrina and she was absolutely amazing. From the moment I met her, I knew we had to have her as our wedding photographer! She is so skilled, professional, detail oriented and knows exactly what she is doing. We received our pictures back... Read More and I couldn't be happier, they all look stunning. I described my vision for the engagement shoot and she found the most perfect locations. Katrina will do whatever it takes for the best shot. Just meet with her and you will fall in love with her and her work. We recommend Katrina to all of our friends and family. I can't wait for her to shoot our wedding!

Professional and caring; beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Camille W

Katrina Jayne shot my wedding in July. We just wanted coverage of our first look, bridal party/family portraits before the ceremony, and the ceremony itself. Katrina worked within our budget to provide us with what we needed. Other photographers quoted me a much higher hourly... Read More rate, or did not book less than full days. From the start, Katrina was professional and understanding. She worked with me on our timeline and shot lists well in advance so I didn't need to stress about it closer to the big day. On our wedding day, she was helpful and flexible, as we needed to switch the order of some things to accommodate people being late and extra people showing up to the photo site. She was even willing to drive alongside us as we left the church in my sister-in-law's Mustang, and she captured some of my favorite shots with us in the car. Thank you for such beautiful photos to remember our special day!

Amazing Quality...Best Photographer!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Melanie L

Katrina was such a pleasure to work with. She made us feel completely comfortable while shooting our engagement photos. She was able to calm my nerves and get me into the moment. AND...when we saw the finished photos we did not even have words for how beautiful they were!!! In... Read More fact, we LOVED Katrina so much that she's flying out with us to perform our ceremony photos at our destination wedding in Puerto Rico!! I know 100% that our wedding photos are going to be absolutely amazing...and that is such a comfort to have that confidence, especially with a destination wedding where we have to put a lot of faith in others. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer!!!!

Amazingly Talented Wedding Photographer!

Reviewed on 5/20/2014

Katrina was an absolute pleasure to work with. From our first meeting with her she understood the essence of wedding photography and how important it is to connect with her clients to truly understand what we were looking for. I couldn't have been more pleased. She definitely... Read More captured the most memorable and intimate moments of our wedding...the emotions just jump off the photos and not many can do that. Thank you so much Katrina!!