Kayla Barker Fine Art Photography

Available for Travel Worldwide

Artistic

Available for Travel Worldwide, TX Available for Travel Worldwide (432) 230-7451

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kristyn C

I'm not sure there is enough space here for me to write a sufficient review of Kayla. Not only is Kayla so genuine and kind, she is ridiculously talented and creative. Photography was a top priority for me, and choosing Kayla was the best decision I made. Kayla was very patient... Read More with me during my 12+ month wedding planning process. She did my bridals, boudoir and wedding photos. I haven't seen my wedding photos yet, but I know they are going to be so perfect! Kayla also helped me create a vision for the wedding and definitely went above and beyond to help me with creative suggestions and ideas. Kayla is HANDS DOWN the best and I can't wait for her to capture other big moments for us down the road.

Reviewed on 5/07/2015

Kayla was friendly and personable, and that goes a long way in such an important event. The photos turned out pretty and nice. I do feel that for the service, it is overpriced. Perhaps because of the use of film, she didn't capture multiple shots of each pose. That meant that... Read More there were some which eyes were closed, etc. I also realized that I value some of the more traditional photos for framing etc., and many of the artisitc or model couple shots which we spent so much time on just didn't work well for me in the end. However, I did end up with some pretty photos and I am satisfied with their quality overall.

Daughter's Wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Kayla's service was of the highest professional quality. She was flexible, patient, and easy to work with. Her photographs of my daughter's Wedding were spectacular.

Truly Fine Art

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Kayla has been taking our family's photos for several years for many different occasions, so we trusted her fully for our son's special day. She captured every wonderful and lovely emotion in the ceremony as well as the other events while having the utmost discretion. The... Read More wedding was in a lovely location, and Kayla used every opportunity to use the scenery to our benefit with great success. Kayla has a warm personality and worked so well with all of our family members and guests. Our new family was so very grateful to have had the experience to work with her, and the results speak for themselves. We are truly grateful for her truly Fine Art!

The Best!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Kayla took the pictures for my daughter's wedding this past August 23, 2014 in West Texas. Even amid the whirl of the wedding day, I was so impressed by her ability and professionalism. I kept thinking, "Wow, she is really some photographer." She was more than terrific. She... Read More did not get in the way. She did not make the picture taking seem endless by any measure. She was no nonsense and all about getting the best pictures. She was focused, super efficient and clearly, as they say, "on the very top of her game." She knew exactly how and where to get the best pictures. For example, Kayla surprised me when she was taking the pictures of my daughter and me before the ceremony when she said "Now, look at each other." When I took a look at my daughter, so beautiful in her wedding gown, I just felt so overcome with happiness for her. The resulting picture is "priceless" and is now my favorite picture of my daughter and me. I just knew Kayla was getting great pictures of everyone. And, as it turned out, she did. The wedding album is just so, so very beautiful. Thank you, Kayla!! I have such warm and happy memories of my daughter's wedding and Kayla captured so beautifully the spirit and love of that day.

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

As a scrapbooker/memory preserver, photographs are a very important part of my life, and I feel the lives of my children and some day grandchildren. When it came to choosing a photographer for my son's wedding, it was a very important decision and I do not feel that a better... Read More one could have been made than choosing Kayla. Her eye is amazing, capturing moments most of us don't even realize are happening. I am so grateful she was recommended to us. She helped with the wedding day timeline as it was a garden wedding and lighting was a crucial part of getting all the necessary pictures taken. She was very professional, friendly, but assertive when she needed to be to get things done. Most of the time you never even knew she was there, she blended so well with all of the guests. I would recommend her to anyone!

Kayla Barker is the best!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

Kayla exceeded every expectation that I had. She was so professional and so friendly, she made us feel like we had know her forever. She was very organized, because of this she made this special day stress free. I would highly recommend her. She was a blessing to our family in... Read More all that she did for us! And the memories she captured, WOW! They will be cherished forever, when I look at the photo's it brings back all those feelings we experienced!

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Bailey M

I am a newlywed, and I am SO glad that Kayla was recommended to us. Our wedding was just over a month ago, and I already have the photos from that special day. They turned out stunning! There are hundreds of photos, and they are all more than I could've asked for. Kayla captured... Read More moments that I didn't even realize were there, and I am so thankful that I have them to look back on for the rest of my life. Not only is she a great photographer, but she even helps with the timeline of the wedding day. That alone was such a huge relief for me. Since I had an outdoor wedding later in the afternoon, we had to take the sunlight into consideration. She gave me ideas and helped me with the details that I never would have thought of on my own. I believe that her experience and knowledge of the details contribute to the pictures coming out the way they do. Kayla truly knows what she is doing, and she has such a passion for it. She is so likeable even before you meet her face to face. Just in her emails alone, you know you are going to be working with someone who cares about you and will give you all that you want out of your photos. Kayla definitely comes HIGHLY recommended from me!

Quality Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Joshua S

Kayla Barker's abilities as a photographer make her a wonderful and lasting asset to your wedding. Kayla has years of experience in a variety of different types of weddings and she well understands what couples are looking for in photography. Kayla's joyful personality and... Read More interest in the couples she works with makes her easy and enjoyable to work with. I highly recommend her services.

Great Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Meghan S

Overall I was very pleased with my pictures. Kayla came highly recommended by many people. She had a very bubbly personality. We did a packaged deal that included Engagements, Bridals, and Wedding pictures. Our engagements were amazing! I wasn't as fond of my bridals, but a lot... Read More of that has to with me more than Kayla. Without having my fiance at the time wasn't with me so I had a hard time smiling without it looking fake or having a lazy eye. My wedding pictures were great! I have had a lot of people who really like them. The overall Experience was great! Kayla was really sweet and sincere. I have heard horror stories about wedding pictures being lost, not returned, or taken over a year to get them back, but Kayla returned the pictures quickly.She was also very open to my style. I am more country than chic and she did not try to push anything on me but allowed me to be me, that is a big deal to me. Kayla was very professional throughout the whole event. I am really happy that she did our pictures.

Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014

Kayla Barker photographed my Engagement photos, Bridal Photos, Rehearsal Dinner, and Wedding.I would not recommend any other wedding photographer other than Kayla Barker. She has so much experience, and knows how to get perfect wedding photos that you will treasure forever. She... Read More is extremely detailed, and organized in everything she does. She makes the photography aspect of a wedding completely stress free, so it makes everything that much more enjoyable. The investment made in Kayla is 100 percent worth it!

Kayla Barker Photography

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Jaclyn S

Kayla is absolutely the most incredible photographer we could have picked for our wedding! She was not only professional, but made the whole event so easy and fun! I have a HUGE family and had NO wedding planner. She handled my rather large wedding party and my family and made... Read More sure we got all the pictures we wanted taken all in good time! Our pictures could not have turned out more beautiful and we loved working with Kayla! XOXO Jaclyn & Dale

Much more than a photographer!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Lauren F

Kayla was the photographer for our wedding in January. She provided us with stunningly beautiful pictures that we'll treasure forever, but she also helped us in a variety of other ways as we planned our wedding. We did not have a wedding planner, so Kayla's wedding expertise was... Read More invaluable as we made choices on flowers, the event timeline, and several other details. She also designed all of our paper goods (invitations, programs, etc.) and they turned out exactly as I had invisioned. Kayla is truly an artist, not just someone who takes photos. We were so happy with our images...she captured everything beautifully, was never distracting, and was assertive enough to get the right shots, poses, lighting, and people every time, all while keeping our wedding day on schedule. She was also a great communicator, answering my hundreds of questions promply and cheerfully, as my fiance and I planned our wedding from two different cities. Photography was very important to us as we planned and budgeted for our wedding, and Kayla's photos were everything we'd hoped for. We love displaying them in our home and having them as an heirloom for years to come!

Stunning and Amazingly Awesome Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Althea T

Kayla was amazing from the day my husband and I booked her to the day that she attended our wedding and ending with when she sent us our pictures. Kayla's pictures are phenomenal (they speak for themselves), but it's her wonderful personality that really became the reason that... Read More we were so happy with Kayla. For both our engagement shoot and our wedding photography, Kayla made us feel comfortable and encouraged us to have fun with it. If you are a bride (and not a model bride) you are probably not used to taking so many pictures - but Kayla made that easy. She was assertive with our wedding party, corraling them on our big day (which we needed and loved!) and captured pictures that will hang in our home forever. Kayla, thank you for being so wonderful! My mom is convinced that you will be the photographer for my brother whenever he gets married. We were/are truly smitten with your work and are so lucky that you were part of our special day. Thank you for the wonderful pictures that capture it so perfectly.

The best!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Addie B

Only use Kayla if you want gorgeous photos for the rest of your life. You won't regret booking her.

Kayla Barker: One of a kind!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Lauren R

From the Groom: Kayla was easy to work with and a joy to have at the wedding. Three things impressed me most: a) Photo processing was very quick b) Photos were amazing c) Most of all, I was shocked at all the pictures Kayla was able to take. Neither me nor my wife were aware... Read More that Kayla was taking pictures; she was that quiet and discrete during the ceremony and reception. And yet, she captured every moment perfectly. From the Bride: I really appreciated Kayla's reliability and professionalism. She was communicative and took the time to ask us what photos were important to us on the day of the wedding. I was also completely surprised by the package we received one month after our wedding. Kayla had packaged our USB card and print photos in a beautifully branded wooden box with a thoughtful handwritten note. WOW! One of the other unique features of Kayla's service was that she took digital and REAL film photos. I have never seen a wedding photographer do this. I truly believe that Kayla's skills and talents are unparalleled. We were so blessed to work with her. Thank you, dear friend! xo

Absolutely Wonderful Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 9/30/2014

I used Kayla Barker Fine Art Photography for my wedding on June 21, 2014. We had a morning (10 am) ceremony, followed by a luncheon reception. One thing that was especially useful to my husband and I was that Kayla communicated extremely well via email. My husband works... Read More internationally, and I was working long/erratic hours most of the time, so it was important to us that most of the beforehand discussions could be handled through email. Kayla's questionnaire allowed us to relay all the relevant information to her so that she could set up a schedule. All of the day of photography went so smoothly thanks to Kayla. We were on a tight pre-ceremony schedule due to the early hour, and Kayla was great about fitting everything in during the time allotted. Also, the church had a few very specific guidelines for photography, but Kayla was able to get beautiful shots in while operating within the guidelines. Also, she is so adept at moving around quietly that I hardly think anyone noticed her while she was getting such great shots of them :) The ceremony, reception, and formal photographs all turned out wonderfully; we've received nothing but compliments, and we have so many wonderful memories perfectly preserved for us. Another thing that we were very pleased with was the processing time on the photos, especially considering how busy the summer "wedding season" is for most photographers. Again, I can do nothing but recommend Kayla as a professional who is easy to work with and so talented at conveying the happiness of the occasion through her beautiful work!

Kayla is fantastic!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Rebecca R

Kayla Barker was my photographer for my wedding in June. After the wedding I told my husband and family how great I thought she was and they all agreed. Everyone in my family and wedding party loved working with her. When we saw the pictures, we loved her even more!! She has... Read More creative ideas, but also stays very true to what her bride wants. She take really neat artsy pictures, but she knew I was more traditional, so she made my pictures exactly how and wanted them- if not better! One of my favorite things about Kayla is that she has a sweet yet confident personality. She got everyone organized and took control of hectic situations gracefully. She even answered some questions I had about parts of the wedding that were beyond her job description. She was wonderful to work with. I felt like I had known her for a long time because she is so personable. Kayla's photographs are as great as her personality! She captures all the important events. If you tell her what is really important to you, she will be sure to focus on that an take pictures that you will treasure forever. I cannot say enough about how happy I am to have had Kayla as my photographer! I would recommend her to anyone! Hopefully my sister will use her someday so I will get to work with her again!

Best choice I made for my wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Meghan L

I had been following Kayla for awhile and knew that I wanted her to photograph my wedding. Right after I got engaged I contacted her and from the very beginning she worked with me to make my wedding day perfect. My husband and I loved working with Kayla and Clint! They are such... Read More a great team, so funny and fun. Not to mention that the images are perfect. I started crying when I saw them all the first time because she did an amazing job of capturing us, who we are, and all of the details of our big day. Having our photos as a remembrance of our day for the rest of our lives means so much to us. So so so perfect and amazing. I cannot stress enough how amazing our experience was. The entire day I was so happy and excited knowing that they were capturing it all, and knowing it was going to be awesome. I was definitely not disappointed!! Choosing Spink Studios was the best decision we made for our entire wedding!!!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/06/2013 Meghan H

I am so glad I chose Kayla of Spink Studio as my wedding photographer! Not only are her photos absolutely stunning (every single one of them!), she is very professional and sweet. She made me feel so relaxed on my wedding day because she knows what she's doing and knows how to... Read More capture every moment of the special day. At the end of the day, all you have left of your wedding are the memories and the photos. Spink Studio makes sure that you are able to relive those memories with every photo taken. I would recommend Spink Studio to anyone and everyone who is planning a wedding! You will not be disappointed!

Undeniably our best wedding investment!

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Amy R

Kayla was absolutely wonderful! She photographed my bridals and my wedding and they were stunning. Landon and I had researched many photographers in the West Texas area and none can compare to her quality of photography. She had an eye for capturing details and finding the... Read More perfect lighting. These are forever pictures, and I would not have entrusted anyone else but the best, and Kayla is the best! We loved getting to know her as well. She is such a sweetheart and creatively brilliant! She came well dressed for our wedding and was on time! That showed her high level of professionalism. My family and friends loved her, she even got the babies to smile in our family pictures! It was a fun experience and you could really tell how much she loves what she does! What really impressed me as well was how quickly I received my bridals...I was really concerned that my dress would not get done on time to even do a bridal session. Kayla kept me calm and worked with me. We did it! My favorite photography session was on the stair case at the Midland Mansion! She made me feel like a beautiful princess and the pictures were breathtaking! Take it from me Bride's, don't look any further, you have to have Kayla do your wedding photography!! The pictures speak for themselves and the woman behind the camera will make your experience so great! You need people like Kayla on your big day! We are so thankful for all she did to capture this special time in our lives! We have such wonderful pictures and also a wonderful new friend!

Kristi Schwisow

Reviewed on 8/14/2013

I think Kayla is the best photographer in the world. Of course, I am very biased because she is my oldest daughter! But, as someone who knows her better than most, I can say that she is a kind and generous woman. She genuinely cares for people and wants them to be blessed. For... Read More my son and daughter-in-law's wedding, she took their engagement and wedding photos. This was her gift to them. Also, she worked with them to design their wedding invitations and programs and paid for all of the printing and postage as well. Because she is a graphic designer and photographer, she has an artistic bent that adds to the quality of her product. Because of her Christian faith, she serves people with humility. She has told her 'daddy' and I that we have 'free' graphic design and photography services for the rest of our lives . . . this is just one of the ways that she chooses to honor us. The Lord Jesus was so kind and merciful to us to bless us with Kayla as our daughter. We love her very, very much!

Spink Studio is spot on!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013

I would use Spink studio a million times over! Kayla is a pro at what she does and her pictures are the proof. She is fun and very easy to work with and I could not recommend a better photographer! Her style is the perfect mix of modern and trendy but with a classic feel... Read More guaranteeing you'll love the style of your pictures forever! I 100% recommend Spink Studio!

Extremely Talented!

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Holly A

My husband and I were married on a remote island off South Carolina only accessible by ferry this past June. Not only were Kayla and Clint up for the challenge, they were amazing to work with! Extremely reasonable on prices and such professional and easy going personalities.... Read More Kayla definitely has an eye for photography and I could not have asked for a better experience. I have received tons of compliments on my wedding pictures. Spink studio's work is best of the best.

OBSESSED with SPINKstudio! :D

Reviewed on 8/09/2013 KaraLin H

I absolutely LOVED working with Kayla!! She and her husband, Clint, make a fantastic team and they are so much fun to work with. I knew when I started wedding planning that photography was at the top of my list and I did a lot of research. When I found out that Kayla trained the... Read More photographer my sister used, I knew she would be perfect. Kayla completely exceeded my expectations. She is an expert at lighting and posing, as well as invitation design and art! She had great recommendations for make-up, videography, and everything in between! She is also really good about getting traditional shots for parents and grandparents along with really artistic shots if that is more your style. She even met me and my husband in Colorado for our engagement session... she will travel anywhere! I would STRONGLY recommend at least meeting with her during your search for a great photographer. I can guarantee you will fall in love with her bubbly personality and her incredible eye for photography. I enjoyed working with her so much that I have already booked a date for a family photo session! Happy Planning!