Kelly Zhang Studio

Kelly Zhang Studio began as a humble dream and has since transformed into an industry leader for bridal hair and makeup. Kelly began the business in 2007, out of her own home, with just herself and one other artist. Her studio has since blossomed into impressive team of 10-15 devoted artists with a sister company, Studio K Hair Designory, devoted to blowouts, cuts, and color. Our team of passionate artists are dedicated to creating a unique and unforgettable look for each client. With their own personal makeup styles and tastes, we try to match each artists’ skills to our clients’ wants and needs. Kelly and her team are renowned for their hard work and talent in ensuring that each client leaves the studio feeling absolutely gorgeous and, most importantly, like themselves. This is why many

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

238 S Arroyo parkway, Pasadena, CA

They made us beautiful

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Jennifer W

We have used Kelly Zhang's studio's services a few times now, and are always so pleased. Each and everyone one of us looked beautiful -- hair and make up. It was important to stress to them before the wedding the amount of stylists needed and the amount of time needed so we... Read More would be ready on time. With that, they did an excellent job, and Rachel is absolutely fabulous!

Wedding Hair/Makeup

Reviewed on 10/26/2013 Grace L

I had Rachel, a senior makeup artist from Kelly Zhang, Inc for my wedding day hair and makeup. Rachel was truly the best. She and her assistant were there at the bridal dressing room even before I got there! She was all set up and ready to go! She was a perfectionist and... Read More meticulous in everything. What I really loved about her style was that she and her assistant did the makeup for the bridesmaids as well as myself, outside in natural lighting. Everyone at the wedding was commenting about how gorgeous my hair and makeup looked. Even my parents, who are normally anti-makeup, were in approval at my makeup. I will definitely be using their services again in the future for any special occasions that may come up!

book early...

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 Zerlina W

I started serious wedding planning about 6 months out from my date, and contacted Kelly about 5 months out - thought this would be plenty of time, but this is apparently "late" in the wedding world (my dress vendor also gave me crap about putting a rush on my dress when ordering... Read More 6 months out...). Kelly sent me a link with portfolios from several of her artists and asked me to select three. However, when I sent back my three requests, she said they were all booked and suggested someone else not even on the list. In the end, I was happy with the service. The hair and makeup looked great. She is just too popular, so there was some miscommunication about artists available on certain dates. Apparently I also picked a very popular wedding date, so she was even more strapped for artists than usual. Anyway, lesson learned - contact her early if you want to get your pick. However, even if you don't get your pick, I'm sure the artist will do a stellar job. Last comment - if you want to get in touch with her quickly, call rather than email.

One of my favorite vendors we hired!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Marya M

Erica and her team from Kelly Zhang Studio were awesome! They re-worked our timeline on the fly when our wedding party got lost and gave us a late start. I never felt stressed out because they were able to handle things smoothly. I'm so happy with the way our make up and hair... Read More turned out. Everyone kept giving my wedding party and me compliments throughout the day, and I felt like I looked the prettiest I've ever been...which I think is what any bride wishes for their bridal look. Plus, I'm really, really happy that I chose Erica for our lead artist. We just clicked immediately during my make up trial, and we had a great time on the morning of our wedding. My makeup lasted throughout the day and well into the night. The touch up kit really came in handy, as my maid of honor used it to touch up my makeup for the post-ceremony photography and just prior to our grand entrance into the reception.The only thing that I would say was a negative was that something left a residue on my contact lenses that affected my field of vision and made things a little blurry for me. I changed my contact lenses twice throughout the day. I'm assuming the residue was from the eyelash glue? My sensitive eyes were fine. I didn't tear up, and they didn't burn nor itch. My eye makeup didn't smear. Even though I couldn't see perfectly, nobody could tell it happened, and overall it wasn't a big issue. We had 12 women who had to have their hair and makeup done on the morning of our wedding, and things went seamlessly. I enthusiastically give my highest recommendation for Kelly Zhang Makeup and Hair Studio. My only regret was not hiring them for my engagement shoot. One last note, they were very quick to respond to phone calls and emails -- always a plus to a busy bride! The grand total was $1550 for 12 clients. For the bride, makeup only was $185 (a personal friend/hairstylist did my hair). Bridal party hair+makeup was $130 per person. FYI, I have a multiracial background (primarily Asian-Mexican)and have had some bad experiences with professional makeup as a bridesmaid in the past. Plus, I don't typically wear cosmetics unless I'm going out to dinner or to a special occasion. These makeup artists did not disappoint. They highlighted my best features while creating a natural, romantic look just like I asked for!

Wedding Makeup that Lasts

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Genevieve E

Kelly Zhang Studio came highly recommended by a few of my friends. After experiencing some horrible experiences as a bridesmaids in some other people's weddings (e.g. her makeup artist arriving 2 hours late, make-up artists disparaging other make-up artists), I was not about to... Read More take any chances with my own. They were prompt and professional. Excellent service. They run their business like a well oiled machine. Go with Kelly Zhang's makeup team because your make-up and hair should be the last thing you want to worry about on your wedding day.

Used a Lead Artist and loved my look!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Allison T

Yuzu Tanaka of Kelly Zhang Studio did a phenomenal job on my make-up. She enhanced my features, but still made sure I looked like "me", which I really wanted. She made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend Kelly Zhang Studio for both hair... Read More and make-up! The two assistants that came along did a wonderful job on my bridesmaids - all of them were very happy with their looks!

Amazing team; skilled, professional, friendly

Reviewed on 7/04/2015 sarah w

I can't thank Kelly Zhang - specifically, Linda and her assistants, Amanda, and Sarah - enough for making our crew of bridesmaids and mothers (and one aunt who flew in from Korea) look naturally glowing and beautiful on my wedding day. I was really nervous about choosing a... Read More studio that could do natural looking Asian hair/makeup as well as work with a bridal party of different ethnic backgrounds/styles. A coworker mentioned Kelly Zhang, and I am so grateful for her recommendation. After reviewing the stylists' portfolios, I decided to go with senior stylist Linda. From my very first trial, Linda was so kind, helpful, and an expert in her craft. I didn't know exactly what style of makeup/hair I wanted, so she tried out a more dramatic look. After having some photos taken later that day, I decided I wanted a more natural look and brought in a few photos to show Linda at my second trial. She knew exactly what I wanted and also patiently tried two different hair updos, tweaking it until it looked just right. On the actual wedding day, Linda and team were complete rockstars. My bridesmaids ranged in hairstyles and personal preferences (from "never had my hair/makeup done before" to "worried someone won't know how to do my hair). The team was able to give each person a look that made them look absolutely beautiful while still looking like themselves. The same goes for the mothers. I couldn't have loved the makeup and hair that Linda did for me more; to add, it was simply a pleasure to work with her. Although I was indecisive about the look I wanted (and had mothers chiming in on what look I should have), I did have a sense of what I didn't like, and Linda was somehow able to guide me to the right place. To add, I found Linda so friendly and fun to chat with about different topics, from makeup to traveling to food. I never felt pressured to go with a look I didn't feel comfortable with, and I always felt Linda listened to my concerns, whether it was the length of a false eyelash or an overall look and feel I was going for. I can't say enough positive things about Kelly Zhang. They are true professionals, whether it is the stylists or the day-to-day operations of the studio. I'd be remiss to not give a shout-out as well to Maria, the head of event coordination, who made the booking and billing process seamless and transparent. She was patient with all my questions as well as with some back-and-forth scheduling changes. Thank you for leaving us with so many positive vibes and great memories! I know this is not easy when working with large groups on a stressful occasion!

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Candace C

Kelly Zhang Studio was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with! Their artists are so talented! I went with Yuzu, who is just lovely. She made me feel so calm, and she did a really beautiful job making me look natural. I felt like myself, and I almost never wear... Read More make-up, so that is quite a feat! The studio representatives were super helpful and organized, and answered all of my questions thoroughly and in a timely fashion. The assistant artists were all great as well - they were all incredibly nice people and made my bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law feel special and beautiful. I let the studio know in advance what I was looking for for their looks, and on the day of, they just did it. I didn't have to worry about anything! I really enjoyed working with Kelly Zhang Studio and would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Amazing Hair & Makeup!

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Dianne A

I booked Kelly Zhang Studio for my the wedding hair and makeup for my wife and I and I'm glad we made the right choice! Leann and Yuzu did the hair and makeup for me and our 3 bridesmaids and Denise did the hair and makeup for my wife and her mom. Maria and Cynthia were... Read More very patient and prompt with answering emails and were very accommodating which was really nice! The whole team did a fantastic job making everyone look beautiful on our wedding day, and I especially would like to recommend Leann because not only was she very nice to work with, but she really understands her clients and know how to deal with things like how my eyes are really sensitive and I 99% of the time I end up tearing up when it gets poked around, but unlike other HMU artists I've encountered, she actually made it easy for me, so I felt at ease with her. They also gave my wife and I retouch kits which was a very pleasant surprise, because I haven't seen people do that in other weddings I've been a part of. I would definitely recommend going to Studio K for brides-to-be, especially the wonderful team that worked with us: Leann, Yuzu, and Denise!

So happy to hire Kelly's team

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 H C

The first time I knew Kelly is on my friend's wedding, while I was maid of honor. I was impressed by her work already at that time. I had done several make up service before and feel very obviously Kelly is the best, so I hired Kelly and her team for my wedding. Kelly did an... Read More amazing job! The make up last very long - the whole day on my wedding day and I didn't even do any touch up. Kelly is very confident when doing her work and understand what I want and even suggest me for a better solution. I feel she must have done thousands and millions of wedding! :) She and her team were strive to make sure we are happy with the work and even it took some extra time. My another photo session make up artist is Rachel, she is also super nice and even helped me to get dressed up with my wedding gown. I think I will definitely go for Kelly's team in the future whenever I need beauty service.

Jennifer Thai!

Reviewed on 6/09/2014 kae s

I wish Jennifer Thai could do my make-up everyday. She is the best and will be my go-to for makeup in the future! After a spreadsheet of 7 different makeup artists, I finally decided to have my makeup done by Kelly Zhang Makeup, and my bridesmaids' makeup by another team.... Read More + -Per the other reviews, booking process through Kelly Zhang is very professional -For my wedding, Jennifer texted the day prior confirming the time & location, and arrived early the day of -Professionalism alone wouldn't warrant five stars, the quality of Jennifer's work is truly what earns the five stars -She spent as much time as needed to ensure the look was exactly as I wanted both for the trial and the wedding day, and offered recommendations on accessories, extensions, etc. -She is very meticulous with her work, and I appreciate that. My mom was sad that Jennifer wasn't her make-up artist as well :( -I didn't think hair was as important as make-up to me initially, but she completely wowed me by offering two completely different looks for the ceremony and reception. And, she taught my bridesmaid how to switch it up, since she wouldn't be there for the swap -Best of all Jennifer is truly the sweetest and is so cute!! - Unfortunately, there was no flexibility in pricing for adding hair/makeup for an additional 8 girls in my wedding party. That's ok though, if their business doesn't need to do that, I respect that

look like the best version of yourself!

Reviewed on 6/15/2013 Cynthia B

I don't a very "done up" person when it comes to hair and make-up these days...I keep it pretty simple so finding a hair and make-up person who could enhance my features without making me look like a drag queen was critical! You want to feel like yourself on your wedding day... Read More and you want your groom to recognize you...more is not always more :) Kelly Zhang is a studio with several hair and make-up artists which was great for the size of my bridal party. They will work with you to find the artist that meets what you are looking for and will redo your trial if you are not pleased. On that note, I did opt to redo my make-up trial as although my make-up was "pretty" the first go around, it was not the specific retro glam Audrey Hepburn eye I had tried to articulate. They did not make me feel bad about asking for a redo. Rachel was my artist and I was so pleased with her work. My hair and make-up lasted through the night. They are great!

makeup

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Helen S

Kelly did my makeup for my wedding and although there needed to be some last minute changes due to my last minute decision of coloring my hair, she did an amazing job on the makeup to look fabulous with my darker hair. I also changed my hairstyle and emailed her a picture a... Read More couple of days before the wedding and she executed it perfectly. I'm excited to see how the professional photos are going to come out!! Her prices are competitive for the wedding industry and she's just an awesome individual!!

The best decision ever

Reviewed on 4/16/2013 Jenn C

Prior to coming to Kelly Zhang and her team for my bridal hair/makeup, I had met with other makeup artists and even done a trial somewhere else. In the end, I decided to do a trial with Kelly Zhang's team and it was one of the best decisions I've made for the wedding! My... Read More makeup artist was Linda and from the moment I met Linda, I knew she's someone that could put me at ease. She was friendly but not overly talkative. She offered her opinions as a professional artist, but still listened to what I had to say as a client. I brought a friend with me to the trial and my friend had a lot of things to say about how my makeup should look (simply because she's also a guru herself) and Linda was very patient with us both! She was also very thorough during the trial and took her time to ensure I was happy with everything. On my wedding day, Linda and her assistant arrived at our hotel ON TIME and worked in a very small hotel room :/ In hindsight, I should have probably booked a suite but kudos to Linda and her assistant for being able to work in a small space. Linda worked on me last but spent time before me to work on my mom's hair/makeup and my bridesmaids' hair/makeup (with her assistant's help, of course). Everyone's hair/makeup turned out gorgeous and I also really loved my makeup/hair. I chose to have airbrush makeup but I was concerned that my makeup would look too stiff and I wanted to look like I have flawless but somewhat of a dewy look; Linda then told me she could do 1/2 airbrush and 1/2 traditional foundation - in the end, I was very happy with my results. I felt like a beautiful bride and could not thank Linda and her assistant enough for making us all feel beautiful!! Ladies - you seriously get what you pay for. I know you may think the prices Kelly and her team charge are a little high but they are worth every penny. Ask for Linda if Kelly isn't available for your date!!

Wonderful team

Reviewed on 3/28/2013 Sheila N

I loved my makeup on my wedding day. I keep looking at my wedding pictures because I can't believe how great of a job they did. They exactly did what I wanted: a natural radiant look. My family, photographer and even my husband complimented me on my hair and makeup. I had my... Read More makeup and hair done by Leann, a senior artist, and my bridemaids and mom had Valerie. The cost was very expensive but I think it was worth every penny. My makeup and hair was the only thing I really splurge on my wedding.

Mieko is the best!

Reviewed on 2/01/2013 Kristin C

Mieko and Bianca did all the hair and makeup for my wedding and everyone looked sooooo amazing! They are so patient and talented. Mieko did my and my mother's hair and makeup. We loved it and everyone thought we looked beautiful. They will do natural or over the top,... Read More whatever you want, but you will still look like you. And they leave a touch-up kit, so you can easily reapply all through the night.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/01/2012 Eileen C

Jennifer, who did my hair and make up for my wedding, was absolutely amazing. She is the nicest ever, always asking if anything was hurting, or if I liked out it was looking. We couldn't get one of my eyelashes to look right, but she kept trying all these different ways, and... Read More never making me feel bad for changing it. When she first did my trial, it was exactly the way I wanted it, and on the wedding day, it was gorgeous! Natural and beautiful. I can't thank her enough about making me feel comfortable, and delivering exactly what I wanted. Even with the hair, she always asked if this was how I liked it and adjusted every little detail. I had my hair and make up done for my friend's wedding as well, and I can tell you Kelly Zhang was so much more friendly and skillful. The hair stayed in the entire day, and didn't hurt with all the bobby pins. She even found the exact shade of lip color that I wanted! All my bridesmaids also got their hair and make up done and all said it was the best hair/make up they ever had done before. All of them are using their look as their facebook profiles now, they loved it so much! At first I was worried when Kelly Zhang herself was a bit expensive, but Jennifer was a lead artist and I have 0 complaints - I loved her and her team, and I highly recommend her to anyone!! Thank you Jennifer!

Amazing Work!

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 katherine g

Leann and Linda did my makeup along with 3 bridesmaids and my mom. They were on time which was fabulous and they really took their time with us. The price for the bride is a bit steep, but leann really took her time with me and my makeup was pretty flawless with the... Read More airbrushing and contouring (it was a super hot day 9/9/12 and I got married on a rooftop deck of a hotel). We also took pictures at the beach and pier and I did not look one bit sweaty! I was a bit disappointed that the bridesmaids or MOB did not receive a touchup kit (at least just some blotting paper and a bit of gloss). I did receive a touchup kit with everything I can think of, which was great! Our makeup and hair looked amazing in the photos so we are very happy we hired them! I would highly recommend them!

My bridesmaids and I looked Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/20/2012 Elizabeth E

Normally I hate wearing makeup and doing my hair, but Ailien and her assistant made it a great experience! She talked me into doing false eyelashes which looked amazing, and my hair couldn't have been prettier. It is also so awesome that they came to my venue in downtown LA for... Read More no extra cost, on time and super friendly, too! They were on the upper level of my price range, but it was totally worth it for the star treatment we got.

Wedding Makeup & Hair

Reviewed on 9/02/2012 Grace L

I always knew I wanted to get my makeup and hair done by Kelly Zhang Studio. Just look at their portfolio, amazing transformations! The makeup trial is a must for any bride that wants to look her best on the day of. I'll admit, I came in with no idea of how or what I wanted... Read More to look like, thinking my makeup artist will be able to stir something up. But, it was too natural for me and it didn't hit me until I got home to look at it even more. However, I did love my hair during that session. I expressed my feelings to them a coupld days later and they immediately set me up with another trial session at no extra charge. I went in just for the makeup this time and showed them a few pics (brides, make sure you bring in pics! Thsi will def help your makeup artist and save you time). Mieko was on point with the look and I left super pleased and super excited for the day of. This experience left me thinking not only will they work with you until you are happy, but they are super nice and not mean about anything at all, which I loved. They sort of treat you like a long time friend and only want what's best for you. On the day of the wedding, I was super pleased with the overall look. I also booked them for my bridesmaids and they loved their makeup too. I'm just so glad I got to secure them for my big day! I don't know how anyone couldn't be pleased with their service and work! Thanks Kelly Zhang Studio!

Hair and Makeup PROfessionals

Reviewed on 8/27/2012 Caroline C

I chose the Kelly Zhang team for my bridal party's hair and makeup upon recommendation from one of my bridesmaids. If you check out their website it's not a tough choice. They do amazing work. We had a team of two girls, Denise and Jenny. Jenny did hair and Denise did makeup.... Read More They showed up on time and only took a few minutes to set up. They listened to what my girls and I wanted and delivered beautiful results. One note is that I felt it was a little pricey for the bride's hair and makeup but at the end of the day you don't want to chance a sloppy job for a cheaper price.

Beautiful make up and hair from Leann

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Sheena W

I used Leann from Kelly Zhang for both my engagement photo session and my wedding day. Both for hair and make up. My make up looked really natural and I got a lot of compliments on my wedding day. Leann definitely understood her brides and she applied exactly what I wanted. For... Read More my hair, she did a side "messy" bun. Exactly what I asked for and it looked really nice. Leann brought 2 assistants for my bridal party and everyone looked really beautiful. Leann also did my mom's hair and she too got a lot of compliments. She was very pleased with Leann as was I. I also added 3 more people for hair and make up at the last minute and Jennie from Kelly Zhang Studio worked with my wedding planner to add another assistant and worked out the timing. Really appreciated their willing to bend over backwards to make sure the make up and hair was done on time. Definitely would recomment Kelly Zhang studio.

The Kelly Zhang Studio is wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/15/2012 Alice T

Denise did the makeup for me, my sister, my mom, and my cousin. She did a great job on everyone and she was early! Kelly and company are highly responsive from the very beginning and scheduling and such was a breeze. Kelly (when trying to book a date) and Jennie (my contact for... Read More the rest of the period before my wedding) patiently answer all my questions. The price is a bit high to me but I splurged on this since it was my wedding and I love their work, but just on the makeup. I had my friend (who is a hair stylist) do our hair. I had airbrush done and it felt like I was wearing nothing. I usually don't wear any makeup at all so that's a good thing. The makeup lasted all night and even after someone accidentally exploded a soda bottle (at the end of the night) and drenched me, my makeup was still good after I dried off the cola! The only awkward thing was my long lashes kept getting caught in my veil (when I had it down over my face during the ceremony); other than that, all was well and I am highly satisfied at their service. A very stress-free choice if you go with them and they will make you beautiful~ =)

Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/23/2012 Jill S

Kelly and her team are real professionals. The entire process was easy and well organized. I had Meiko as my hair and makeup artist and I absolutely LOVED her! Thanks Meiko for making me look great for my special day!

I felt so beautiful

Reviewed on 5/22/2012 Susan M

Kelly and her team made us look like models! She was so great to have accomodated my large party (myself, 4 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and 2 sisters) and was especially gracious to my incredibly picky mom. I'm usually pretty critical of my looks (I don't ever wear makeup) but she made... Read More me look so beautiful, my husband cried like a baby during the first look! The airbrush makeup she used on me was weightless but lasted well into the night, and my purple eyeshadow looked elegant and not like I jumped out of an 80's movie! I will definately use her expertise again!