Kelton House

Columbus, OH

Your storbook garden wedding at the Kelton House

An elegant Victorian setting for your ceremony, reception or rehearsal dinner, located conveniently close to downtown. We feature an award-winning garden with a stunning pergola. Indoor/outdoor ceremonies are available and we give you the flexibility to choose your caterer. Tables/chairs included.

$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

586 East Town Street, Columbus, OH

Wedding ceremony

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Dallas A

They were so helpful and flexible! Well worth the money

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Erika

I absolutely loved everything about the Kelton House. Everyone was friendly and they always responded to my questions and e-mails ASAP. The garden was beautiful and they guests really enjoyed the venue. It is on the smaller side so you have to limit your guest list, but they tell you everything you need to know before you sign the contract. Best wedding ever!! :)

Beautiful venue for smaller weddings

Reviewed on 10/14/2011 Khalila P

My September 2011 wedding inside the Kelton House Garden was pure magic! The garden created the perfect setting for our elegant, initimate wedding. The grounds are well-kept and the staff is very accomodating considering all the guidelines that have to be followed because of the Kelton House's status on the National Registry of Historic Places. We hosted our wedding ceremony there and our reception elsewhere, because it was too costly for us to host both events there, which is the only drawback.

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Gabrielle W

This venue is absolutely beautiful! The carriage house is amazing, and the history of the building is amazing. Just awesome. With the underground railroad room downstairs... so cool. Unfortunately, it was too small for what we needed. There was an option to get a tent to cover the patio (for a late Oct wedding), but the tent was the same cost as the entire venue!

August 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Danielle B

It's been a dream of mine to get married here. The service and professionalism of the staff at the Kelton House is wonderful from beginning to end. Staff is very informative and honest. Chuck Miller is a gem to the organization. He treats everyone involved in your party like royalty. He and the staff work with vendors so pleasantly. The grounds are beautifully kept and they were true to everything they promised. Interested? Please call them or show for a tour on Sundays... you'll see what I'm talking about. Pictures from just cell phones were amazing. If you are curious, go check it out.

It was Midsummers Nights Dream

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Tameisha R

My wedding was absolutely beautiful. The staff went out their way to make everything was handlef perfectly. While formal pictures were taken the guest were provided a tour of this historical landmark. I was so pleased with everything.

Outdoor Wedding

Reviewed on 11/27/2011 Sarah S

I had my wedding at the Kelton House in October. It turned out truly lovely. I was disappointed with the fact that only about 40 guests could be seated comfortably in the carriage house and I did not realize that until it was too late. Thus, I had to rent a tent and seat some guests outside. I would recommend it for an event with fewer than 40 guests for a sit down dinner, or maybe for a cocktail party with more guests.

Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 8/30/2011 Cassandra E

The Kelton House is beautiful. They gave us a great mini tour and made the night very special for all.

dream garden setting

Reviewed on 7/29/2011 Beth K

we had our rehersal dinner at the Kelton House and cannot say enough good things. It was a fairly tight fit for our 54 people but we had a large Tuscan style table inside to make sure everone could escape the July heat, and could have fit many more with a different arrangement. Staff were very knowledgeable and the whole planning process went very smoothly. We were even able to have a guide in costume give a tour of the museum to interested guests durring cocktail hour.

Review for Kelton House

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kate B

I loved that it had indoor and outdoor space. I loved the garden and that it was unique to the typical hotel ballroom. It was intimate and romantic and the staff were very helpful. I also loved that the Kelton House was part of the Underground Railroad and they do school program for kids - so the money for the reception went to a good cause.;There were some mozquitos in the yard so hindsight I would have had a few bottles of non-smelly bug spray on the outdoor tables. The inside room is a little tired, but I think the garden outweighs that. I would not choose this site for a winter wedding, but it was beautiful in the summer.

TO Kelton House