Second Line Brass Band for Your Wedding!

The Kinfolk Brass Band is at the forefront of the New Orleans Brass Band renaissance. They fuse numerous styles of music, incorporating Mardi Gras chants, New Orleans Funk, and modern jazz ,with an old world traditional brass band sound. We would love to be part of your celebration!

$ – Inexpensive

Jazz

Wedding

Live Music

45 E Blue Ridge Ct., New Orleans, LA (504) 314-5545

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Keira L

I want to give this band and Amanda 100 stars not just 5! I knew I wanted a second line but I didn't know just how magical it would be to us and every single wedding guest. This band single handed- ly turned our wedding into the most raved about event now and I'm guessing for... Read More years to come (people are still gushing about it almost a month later). It was the most amazing part of the night, and to think we almost scratched the idea when the wedding planning got to be too much work. That's where Amanda steps in. For an extra fee (beyond worth it!) Amanda will get the permits, plan the route, hire the police escorts, and make you feel at ease and well taken care of. We did our second line after the ceremony and reception at 11:30 at night, because our vows and party were held at the same place in the Garden District, and not really marching/dancing distance to the action filled French Quarter. And we're so glad Amanda worked it out that way because our guests were already in great spirits at that point, and the ones that missed it are still kicking themselves after hearing about it and seeing video clips. We were told you could feel the love, joy, and magic in the air and it was unlike anything ever experienced. It was all thanks to this incredibly talented band (and most of our wedding guests are musicians including my husband and the best man)! Not only did they sound better than any brass band we heard (saw 4 second lines that week, Kinfolk is hands down the best), they were vibrant, on point, and dressed to a T. Imagine how much better your photos and videos will be. I mean c'mon... our police escorts Amanda hired were even on Harleys! We had more fun dancing in the parade then we had at the wedding! I can't say enough about how much of a difference hiring this band made the best night of our lives! The other second lines we saw that week seemed dull and lifeless; the bride and groom were the only ones enjoying it. I can honestly say everyone loooved ours (including strangers that joined in!), didn't want it to end, and are currently planning how we all can do it again every couple years. Reading other's reviews again after having that experience I can fully feel the enthusiam and utter appreciation coming off the screen. Do yourself a favor: book Kinfolk; and spring for Amanda. You will have an unforgettable experience.

2016-11-16T14:22:00 Response from the vendor

WOW!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We truly love what we do, and creating memories with you and your guests is what it's all about. Thank you for inviting us to share in the love and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Rachel H

I cannot say enough about how amazing the Kinfolk Brass Band is! Having a second line parade at my wedding is something I have been dreaming about since I was a little girl. Kinfolk is a wonderful group of really talented musicians. Very few of our guests had ever been to New... Read More Orleans before and most have never been part of a second line, and I have heard from everyone in attendance that it was their most favorite part of the night! I of course would have to agree with them! I had so much fun dancing through the streets of New Orleans and had to give each member of the band a hug when we finished. They made my wedding something that everyone in attendance will be talking about for years! And I have to say a special thank you to Amanda, for coordinating everything with Kinfolk. Without her, we would have been lost! She was always quick to respond to a question and was willing to help us with whatever we needed. Not only that, but she mapped the route and secured all of the permits for us. She definitely made the experience simple and delightful! I'm ready for another second line!

2016-03-21T12:56:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing this. It was truly our pleasure celebrating with you. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band and Frenchmen Street Productions

The Cherry on top!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Alyssa R

While our wedding was great, the second line made it amazing. I was in contact with Amanda throughout the planning process and she was so easy to work with and always got back to me quickly. I would HIGHLY recommend hiring her as a parade planner. My bus to the French Quarter... Read More was stuck in traffic but when we arrived, Amanda was there and got us into place quickly and got the parade moving. Without her I would have been so panicked that everything was on time and running correctly. She was there the whole time to organize and lead us. The band was amazing and boy can they play! All of our guests kept telling me how amazing of an experience it was and I have to agree. We ended the parade at Pat O'Brien's with a big whodat chant and I wouldn't have had it any other way. The band and Amanda really know how to have a great time and it'll always be one of the best experiences of my life. LOVE THEM!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Tanisha W

Wow! Just wow! I loved Kinfolk! My guests are still raving about how awesome they were. They were the highlight of the evening. They were so much fun and was the absolute best way to kick off the reception. This was the first second line for me and all of my guests and it will... Read More be an experience that none of us ever forget. Thank you Kinfolk for getting our party started!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Tiffany G

WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!! It's been almost a month since our wedding and our guests are still talking about how awesome Kinfolk was!!!! Thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Marisol J

We hired Kinfolk for our Cocktail Hour and Second Line and they were AMAZING! They played great music, had phenomenal energy (especially Grand Marshall Gerald, who joined me in twerk-off! lol), and got all of us dancing, even the bystanders! They were incredibly fun, talented,... Read More and professional. The process was also very well-organized and they made it very easy. We couldn't be happier with our decision to use Kinfolk.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Katie S

We worked with Amanda from Frenchmen Street Productions on the contract for our wedding day. When hurricane Nate was threatening we had a very tough decision to make as the police called us and said they were on alert for the hurricane and "may not show up" for our parade (which... Read More means you can't have a parade). We decided to cancel. Luckily we did as during our schedule time it was downpouring and very windy. Amanda asked us to email her the cancellation so she would have it in writing. We cancelled within the 48 hour window per the contract. I accidentally e-mailed Richard (as I had been invoiced by Richard, but sent the contract by Amanda). I never heard back, thought the cancellation was complete. I reached out to Amanda and she stated she never received the e-mail. This is because I sent it to Richard. It's been a week and a half and I have still not heard from Richard even though I have made many attempts to request a refund. Amanda stated that we weren't contracted with her in any way so basically we are out of luck. So sad that there was no communication between Richard and Amanda about our request to cancel or any understanding considering the circumstances. Here we are out $1000 when we thought we did everything correctly and in time.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Chappell W

Kinfolk band is the BEST band I have ever witnessed at any wedding. We closed our wedding with a 2nd line march and this band put "stank" on it! So much so, my new husband and I rode the elevator with the band down to the front of the hotel....and bar none, it was the best... Read More elevator ride in my entire life! They played the whole way down. This band put an exclamation mark at the end of our wedding as we wanted our guest to get a true feel for the New Orleans vibe. Kinfolk did their thing! I had a blast dancing to their melodic jazz infused style! Thank you Kinfolk....I consider myself kin to you in my heart now!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Alexandra T

We couldn't be happier with the professionalism, price, and quality of Kinfolk and Amanda's planning services. We told her our date and our venue, and she planned the entire second line perfectly. Kinfolk played some of the best music I have heard, and our out of town guests... Read More were absolutely in awe! They played a half hour of the reception as well, and guests were still celebrating well into the night, talking about how good Kinfolk was!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Ashley M

Kinfolk Brass Band was terrific! We had so much fun with them on our Second Line for our wedding, I cannot put it into words!! We are from out of town, so we weren’t sure about doing a Second Line. It was such a great choice to have them start the celebration for our... Read More wedding! Also, we had a song that was really special to us at our wedding, and they were able to sneak it into their lineup. Thank you so much for making our wedding so memoriable and such a blast!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Kyle T

Great music, fantastic second line, ceremony snafu. Hard to say whether the band made the call or the venue attendants but the only mishap was the band went inside during our ceremony and were not present to play music while we walked down the aisle after being pronounced... Read More husband and wife. That was a bummer. Aside from that, we had a blast during our second line! I would suggest stricter communication including those sort of details if booking them. and wife.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Renata H

What. A. Night. We ended our dream wedding with the best second line band we could have asked for. My husband and I have been to NOLA a few times before and had seen second lines going through the Quarter, but none of the bands were nearly as fun and energetic as Kinfolk. Given... Read More that most of our guests were from out of town, none of them knew what to expect with a second line, and just about all of them mentioned that this was not only their favorite part of the wedding but also one of the coolest experiences they've ever had at any wedding. Thank you all for making our wedding so incredible and memorable!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Erica L

If you want to have a wedding that your guests will be RAVING continuously about for weeks-on-end, HIRE THESE GUYS!!! Even if you're on a tight budget...spend a few dollars less on your dress, your cake, your venue, and WHATEVER ELSE to...HIRE THESE GUYS!!! If I could give... Read More Kinfolk Brass Band TWENTY stars, I would! So DON'T BE FOOLED by the conservative-looking videos on their website, which make it look like they calmly play along while a dainty Southern damsel twirls her parasol down the street. THESE FELLOWS CAN REALLY GET DOWN!!! I'm a native New Orleanian who has lived out-of-state for many years, and ALL of my guests--those from my hometown as well as those who hail from various other parts of the country--were completely IN AWE of the way that Kinfolk Brass Band transformed our (already fun) wedding into something you only see IN MOVIES about New Orleans! If The Knot allowed reviewers to post videos, I would show you ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED to convince you to HIRE THESE GUYS!!! So stop fretting over those outrageously expensive flowers that NONE of your guests will REALLY care about , and HIRE THESE GUYS!!! Then, as we say in New Orleans, "Laissez les bon temps rouler!" [Let the good times roll!]

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Elora D

They are absolutely AMAZING and so much fun! Played our second line and cocktail hour for our wedding. Highly recommend!

2017-07-03T17:10:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you for including us in the celebration. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Chelsea C

Cannot say enough good things about this band! When I first contacted Amanda, I wasn't 100% sure what I was doing, though I had done a bunch of research and have been in a few second lines before after traveling to New Orleans 10+ times. Her responses were quick, succinct, and... Read More super helpful. She helped walk me through the process of selecting how long we would need the band, assuring me they would take care of the grand marshal and parasols, and helped me set up and book a pedicab for a couple of elderly guests. I ended up doing the permit and police escort request myself, though Amanda assured me she could step in and take over if it got to be too much. Amanda was easy to get ahold of, and when we asked (1 week before the event...) if the band could be there 15 minutes early "just in case the ceremony ends early" she rolled with the punches and said they definitely would be. The band stayed out of sight during the ceremony so they were not a distraction and started playing EXACTLY as we got to the end of the rows of guests as we left the ceremony. They kept the music upbeat and light, they were so much fun to march around / near, and I couldn't have pictured a more perfect second line parade without them!

2017-06-26T13:32:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the lovely review. It was our pleasure sharing in your celebration. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Jon U

Richard and the Kinfolk Brass Band were exceptional from start to finish. These guys work ALL THE TIME so lock them down as soon as you decide you want a brass band. I was able to send them original music to play arranged for their group and they knocked it out of the park. They... Read More were receptive, excited, and super easy to work with. They gave me and my fiance the most magic moment in our lives when I proposed to her backed by the ridiculously talented Kinfolk Brass Band. Walking through the quarter you hear brass bands all the time. They don't sound like this one... They all try though! I cannot thank these guys enough. Amazing.

2017-06-13T14:51:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. It was our pleasure to be part of your proposal celebration. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Nathan H

AMAZING!! This band does it right!! The entire reason my husband and I picked our destination wedding in New Orleans was for the second line band, and these guys did not disappoint- in fact, all expectations were exceeded and then some!! Most of our guests had never been to... Read More NOLA, yet alone heard of a second line jazz band that parades you throughout the French Quarter- and this was the talk of the entire night! We had the opportunity to view a few other bands in the area while we were preparing for our wedding, but Kinfolk blew them out of the water!! If you want the best, book them now! You will not be disappointed!

2017-06-12T17:44:58 Response from the vendor

We love hearing reviews like this. We truly love what we do, and sharing it with people like you! Thank you for having us be part of your big day. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Courtney A

If you want your guests to dance down Canal Street and have the time of their lives, this is the band you need. We also had the grand marshall who was one of the most energetic individuals we have ever seen. Kinfolk played for our second line and during the cocktail hour. We had... Read More guests from New Orleans, who have been to many weddings telling us how much fun Kinfolk was.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Meredith R

My wedding was May 20, we secondlined with Kinfolk between Hermann-Grima and Broussard's. It was AMAZING. All of or wedding guests were talking about the experience the entire night, and even now, days later, I'm still getting messages from guests talking about the great second... Read More line. If you have the opportunity to book Kinfolk, do it now!

2017-05-27T11:59:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the lovely review. It was truly our pleasure celebrating with you. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Katie M

Kinfolk was fantastic for our wedding! They did a secondline at the end of our reception and into the streets. Most of my guests had never seen a second line before so it made for a VERY memorable experience! We loved it.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Serena M

The best decision I made with my wedding (after marrying my husband)! Kinfolk Brass Band started the party leading an amazing second line parade & everyone loved it! I've been told over & over again by guests that our wedding was the best they've ever attended & I think Kinfolk... Read More had a big role to play in that! I hired them for an hour so that everyone could enjoy the band & Grand Marshall before and after the parade & I am so glad I did. You can not go wrong in hiring this crew! I just wish they had an album I could buy & gift to friends!

2017-05-27T12:00:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the glowing compliments. It was our pleasure to be a part of your big day. We do plan on releasing a new album in the next year, so stay tuned. Thanks again for everything! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Spencer T

We loved Kinfolk Brass Band!! Being an out of town Bride, I had no idea what a second line was but I heard they were a must have in New Orleans and Kinfolk did not disappoint! Our second line was by far the best part of wedding thanks to Kinfolk, my guest are still talking about... Read More the awesome experience! Some of the other second lines we saw were lame, but not ours! I highly recommended booking Kinfolk Brass Band for your Second Line!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Therese G

We loved Kinfolk for our second line through the French Quarter! The only downfall was that only 3 of the band members were there on time and we found ourselves (and our 250 wedding guests) waiting quite a while for the last member to show up. In retrospect, it wasn't a huge... Read More deal, but I thought it was worth mentioning. All in all, after the whole band showed up, we had a BLAST. They really are great. I'd still recommend them.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Danielle V

Kinfolk Brass Band escorted our wedding party from the church to our reception venue a few blocks away and it was absolutely the most perfect way to kick off the party! They are incredible performers and know how to get the people pumped! They handled pulling the city permits... Read More for the second line, as well as arranging for the police escorts. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a killer brass band at any event!!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Carolyn D

Seriously, the best! Kinfolk band played our jazz reception and our second line following. They played wonderful music, diverse and fitting to the occasion and were the perfect accompaniment to the event. They are clearly talented musicians but beyond that, joyous. They infect... Read More everyone with happiness through music and there is no greater gift. They were a dream to work with and set the mood for our wedding reception and second line!

Richard Anderson

Richard Anderson co-directs Kinfolk Brass Band with his brother, Percy Anderson. They both first started playing music in Jr. high school band, under the direction of the late Donald Richardson. In 8th grade he was introduced to Jazz by an Asst. band director who was also a member of De’jean Olympia Brass Band. Richard later attend Southern University & AM in Baton Rouge where he studied under Mr. Alvin Batiste (Jazz Program) and received his Bachelor Degree in Music. Richard gained a lot of experience playing with various bands until becoming a founding member of Kinfolk Brass Band.