Second Line Brass Band for Your Wedding!

The Kinfolk Brass Band is at the forefront of the New Orleans Brass Band renaissance. They fuse numerous styles of music, incorporating Mardi Gras chants, New Orleans Funk, and modern jazz ,with an old world traditional brass band sound. We would love to be part of your celebration!

$ – Inexpensive

Jazz

Wedding

Live Music

45 E Blue Ridge Ct., New Orleans, LA (504) 314-5545

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Keira L

I want to give this band and Amanda 100 stars not just 5! I knew I wanted a second line but I didn't know just how magical it would be to us and every single wedding guest. This band single handed- ly turned our wedding into the most raved about event now and I'm guessing for... Read More years to come (people are still gushing about it almost a month later). It was the most amazing part of the night, and to think we almost scratched the idea when the wedding planning got to be too much work. That's where Amanda steps in. For an extra fee (beyond worth it!) Amanda will get the permits, plan the route, hire the police escorts, and make you feel at ease and well taken care of. We did our second line after the ceremony and reception at 11:30 at night, because our vows and party were held at the same place in the Garden District, and not really marching/dancing distance to the action filled French Quarter. And we're so glad Amanda worked it out that way because our guests were already in great spirits at that point, and the ones that missed it are still kicking themselves after hearing about it and seeing video clips. We were told you could feel the love, joy, and magic in the air and it was unlike anything ever experienced. It was all thanks to this incredibly talented band (and most of our wedding guests are musicians including my husband and the best man)! Not only did they sound better than any brass band we heard (saw 4 second lines that week, Kinfolk is hands down the best), they were vibrant, on point, and dressed to a T. Imagine how much better your photos and videos will be. I mean c'mon... our police escorts Amanda hired were even on Harleys! We had more fun dancing in the parade then we had at the wedding! I can't say enough about how much of a difference hiring this band made the best night of our lives! The other second lines we saw that week seemed dull and lifeless; the bride and groom were the only ones enjoying it. I can honestly say everyone loooved ours (including strangers that joined in!), didn't want it to end, and are currently planning how we all can do it again every couple years. Reading other's reviews again after having that experience I can fully feel the enthusiam and utter appreciation coming off the screen. Do yourself a favor: book Kinfolk; and spring for Amanda. You will have an unforgettable experience.

2016-11-16T14:22:00 Response from the vendor

WOW!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We truly love what we do, and creating memories with you and your guests is what it's all about. Thank you for inviting us to share in the love and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Rachel H

I cannot say enough about how amazing the Kinfolk Brass Band is! Having a second line parade at my wedding is something I have been dreaming about since I was a little girl. Kinfolk is a wonderful group of really talented musicians. Very few of our guests had ever been to New... Read More Orleans before and most have never been part of a second line, and I have heard from everyone in attendance that it was their most favorite part of the night! I of course would have to agree with them! I had so much fun dancing through the streets of New Orleans and had to give each member of the band a hug when we finished. They made my wedding something that everyone in attendance will be talking about for years! And I have to say a special thank you to Amanda, for coordinating everything with Kinfolk. Without her, we would have been lost! She was always quick to respond to a question and was willing to help us with whatever we needed. Not only that, but she mapped the route and secured all of the permits for us. She definitely made the experience simple and delightful! I'm ready for another second line!

2016-03-21T12:56:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing this. It was truly our pleasure celebrating with you. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band and Frenchmen Street Productions

The Cherry on top!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Alyssa R

While our wedding was great, the second line made it amazing. I was in contact with Amanda throughout the planning process and she was so easy to work with and always got back to me quickly. I would HIGHLY recommend hiring her as a parade planner. My bus to the French Quarter... Read More was stuck in traffic but when we arrived, Amanda was there and got us into place quickly and got the parade moving. Without her I would have been so panicked that everything was on time and running correctly. She was there the whole time to organize and lead us. The band was amazing and boy can they play! All of our guests kept telling me how amazing of an experience it was and I have to agree. We ended the parade at Pat O'Brien's with a big whodat chant and I wouldn't have had it any other way. The band and Amanda really know how to have a great time and it'll always be one of the best experiences of my life. LOVE THEM!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Jon U

Richard and the Kinfolk Brass Band were exceptional from start to finish. These guys work ALL THE TIME so lock them down as soon as you decide you want a brass band. I was able to send them original music to play arranged for their group and they knocked it out of the park. They... Read More were receptive, excited, and super easy to work with. They gave me and my fiance the most magic moment in our lives when I proposed to her backed by the ridiculously talented Kinfolk Brass Band. Walking through the quarter you hear brass bands all the time. They don't sound like this one... They all try though! I cannot thank these guys enough. Amazing.

2017-06-13T14:51:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. It was our pleasure to be part of your proposal celebration. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Nathan H

AMAZING!! This band does it right!! The entire reason my husband and I picked our destination wedding in New Orleans was for the second line band, and these guys did not disappoint- in fact, all expectations were exceeded and then some!! Most of our guests had never been to... Read More NOLA, yet alone heard of a second line jazz band that parades you throughout the French Quarter- and this was the talk of the entire night! We had the opportunity to view a few other bands in the area while we were preparing for our wedding, but Kinfolk blew them out of the water!! If you want the best, book them now! You will not be disappointed!

2017-06-12T17:44:58 Response from the vendor

We love hearing reviews like this. We truly love what we do, and sharing it with people like you! Thank you for having us be part of your big day. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Courtney A

If you want your guests to dance down Canal Street and have the time of their lives, this is the band you need. We also had the grand marshall who was one of the most energetic individuals we have ever seen. Kinfolk played for our second line and during the cocktail hour. We had... Read More guests from New Orleans, who have been to many weddings telling us how much fun Kinfolk was.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Meredith R

My wedding was May 20, we secondlined with Kinfolk between Hermann-Grima and Broussard's. It was AMAZING. All of or wedding guests were talking about the experience the entire night, and even now, days later, I'm still getting messages from guests talking about the great second... Read More line. If you have the opportunity to book Kinfolk, do it now!

2017-05-27T11:59:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the lovely review. It was truly our pleasure celebrating with you. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Katie M

Kinfolk was fantastic for our wedding! They did a secondline at the end of our reception and into the streets. Most of my guests had never seen a second line before so it made for a VERY memorable experience! We loved it.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Serena M

The best decision I made with my wedding (after marrying my husband)! Kinfolk Brass Band started the party leading an amazing second line parade & everyone loved it! I've been told over & over again by guests that our wedding was the best they've ever attended & I think Kinfolk... Read More had a big role to play in that! I hired them for an hour so that everyone could enjoy the band & Grand Marshall before and after the parade & I am so glad I did. You can not go wrong in hiring this crew! I just wish they had an album I could buy & gift to friends!

2017-05-27T12:00:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the glowing compliments. It was our pleasure to be a part of your big day. We do plan on releasing a new album in the next year, so stay tuned. Thanks again for everything! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Spencer T

We loved Kinfolk Brass Band!! Being an out of town Bride, I had no idea what a second line was but I heard they were a must have in New Orleans and Kinfolk did not disappoint! Our second line was by far the best part of wedding thanks to Kinfolk, my guest are still talking about... Read More the awesome experience! Some of the other second lines we saw were lame, but not ours! I highly recommended booking Kinfolk Brass Band for your Second Line!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Therese G

We loved Kinfolk for our second line through the French Quarter! The only downfall was that only 3 of the band members were there on time and we found ourselves (and our 250 wedding guests) waiting quite a while for the last member to show up. In retrospect, it wasn't a huge... Read More deal, but I thought it was worth mentioning. All in all, after the whole band showed up, we had a BLAST. They really are great. I'd still recommend them.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Danielle V

Kinfolk Brass Band escorted our wedding party from the church to our reception venue a few blocks away and it was absolutely the most perfect way to kick off the party! They are incredible performers and know how to get the people pumped! They handled pulling the city permits... Read More for the second line, as well as arranging for the police escorts. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a killer brass band at any event!!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Carolyn D

Seriously, the best! Kinfolk band played our jazz reception and our second line following. They played wonderful music, diverse and fitting to the occasion and were the perfect accompaniment to the event. They are clearly talented musicians but beyond that, joyous. They infect... Read More everyone with happiness through music and there is no greater gift. They were a dream to work with and set the mood for our wedding reception and second line!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Maria h

Love Love this band. They were professionals from their music to their attire. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Brianna H

Kinfolk Brass Band was excellent! and so professional! They played my ceremony music which they had tons of selections and also my second line which was awesome. I had the parade planning service which I highly recommend-I barely had to do any planning here! I am a destination... Read More bride and my guests are still raving about the second line and how awesome it was. I am so happy we had kinfolk-I would highly recommend them to anyone. We also had a couple mardi gras indians and the band leader who danced around behind us. Bottom Line-THEY ARE AWESOME. BOOK THEM.

2017-01-18T11:57:51 Response from the vendor

We had a ball second-lining and celebrating with you. Thank you so much for including us in the big day. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Natalie C

We hired the Kinfolk Brass Band (& their planner Amanda) for our wedding second line. Ok, so the price tag initially seemed high, but it was by far the BEST PART OF OUR WEDDING. <--re-read that...it was sooooo worth it! I would have paid any amount of money to have Kinfolk... Read More Brass Band lead our second line!!!! They were so much fun and made for a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us and all of our guests. We spent a lot of time debating whether or not we wanted to second line, since although I'm from New Orleans, my husband and most of our guests aren't. We ended up deciding to go for it since Kinfolk was available and it was such a unique New Orleans tradition to share with our guests. We booked them to lead us out of our reception to Pat O'Brien's, taking a cool scenic route so our guests could see some of the Quarter. Everything was just perfect! If you're debating having a second line or hiring Kinfolk Brass Band, you should go for it...seriously, one of the best wedding decisions we made and by far the most talked-about part of our wedding and the part we'll remember forever. (Oh - and DEFINITELY pay for Amanda to do all of your planning...it was immensely worth it to have her plan the route, deal with the permits, and hire the police escorts!) Kinfolk - thank you SO MUCH for making our wedding so much fun and creating this amazing experience for us!!!!

2016-12-30T14:23:08 Response from the vendor

Celebrating with people like you is why we love what we do so much! Thank you for inviting us to share in your celebration. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Ashleigh G

Kinfolk brass band was the biggest hit at our wedding! We had them play our second line parade and people still can't stop talking about them! I highly recommend them they were great at communicating and answering any questions or concerns the entire process!

2016-12-30T14:23:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you for inviting us to celebrate with you. It was our pleasure. Best wishes and Happy New Year to you and yours! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Kristy P

When I say that our wedding was the most fun I have ever had in my whole life, I mean it. Thank you so much to Kinfolk Brass Band for making our vision a reality, for bringing so much energy and talent, showing our guests the reason we love New Orleans...the history, the... Read More culture, the tradition. The Second Line Parade was incredible, singing in the streets, everyone congratulating us as we danced, all while celebrating our love in our most beloved city is a memory that will never be forgotten. The raving reviews from our guests about the parade and the band at the reception was impressive. The talent that they have is truly remarkable. They are all so friendly and professional. I would also like to truly thank Amanda Thompson, event manager ​for Frenchmen Street Productions, ​who helped us organize every detail. Planning a destination from New Jersey was no easy task. I immediately knew from talking to Amanda that the Kinfolk Brass Band was exactly the type of band we were looking for. The immediate connection I felt calmed me and I knew I was in good hands. She immediately answered all of my questions and assured me that it would be perfect. I must have emailed her a million times and it was always met with eagerness, enthusiasm and support. She was such a pleasure to work with and really made the experience stress free. I can't thank you all enough for everything. Our day was perfect and Kinfolk Brass Band was a huge part of the reason we had our dream wedding. Thank you a million times! Hope to plan another event in the future with Kinfolk! Here's to happily ever after... Sincerely, Kristy and Dan Panckeri , 11/20/16

2016-12-14T11:12:07 Response from the vendor

Kristy and Dan, Wow! Thank you for the beautiful and heartfelt sentiments. We truly love what we do, and it's because we get to share in these momentous occasions with people like you. It's truly our pleasure. We hope you will reach out anytime you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Michelle B

Kinfolk was so amazing for our second line! Definitely book using Amanda as she coordinated and took care of everything for me so one less thing to worry about! They were so energetic and professional, and such a great touch to our wedding night following the ceremony to the... Read More reception. One of the best parts of the night!

2016-12-12T10:58:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review, and for including us in your big day. It was our pleasure celebrating with you! Sincerely, Amanda Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Katharine S

Kinfolk was, hands down, the best. When they walked into the garden at the end of the ceremony and sounded the trumpet, every one of our guests knew they were in for a party. The second line parade was one of the best things we've ever done, we highly recommend you throw... Read More yourself a parade at least once in your life and that you bring the Kinfolk Brass Band with you. Amanda from Frenchman St. Productions was so easy to work with, we never worried for a second. Thank you for making our wedding extra special, Kinfolk!!

2016-11-21T15:20:15 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure celebrating with you. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We love what we do, and it's all because we get to share it with people like you! Best wishes!!! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Kelly P

This band was absolutely amazing!! Amanda was so easy to work with and made sure every detail was taken care of. not only would I highly recommend this band but I would definitely suggest adding the parade planning package. Amanda planned our route, got the permits we needed and... Read More arranged the police escort - it really took the stress out of coordinating a second line! All of our guests had so much fun and it was a great way to end our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Kristen G

Kinfolk played my reception and did my second line last Friday. I can't even begin to explain to you how brilliant the guys were. The music was totally on point and made our reception. Amanda and the guys were attentive and responsive and all over a pleasure to work with. They... Read More were true professionals and we're very good at what they did. And that second line! Like, holy crap. I don't even know what else to say about that. Our whole wedding party pretty much completely lost their minds, myself included. We had the best time of our lives and we will never forget it! I can't recommend Kinfolk enough! We lovedo them!

2016-11-16T14:24:34 Response from the vendor

It is music to our hears to hear such wonderful feedback from you. It was truly our pleasure sharing in your celebration. Thank you for having us be part of your big day! Best wishes!!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Tiffany S

Amanda and her team were amazing and I cannot say enough about how professional and talented Kinfolk Brass Band are. The second line was the hit and highlight of our wedding. They took care of everything and were worth every penny. I cannot recommend enough!

2016-11-17T13:19:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write us a lovely review. We had a ball second-lining with you and your guests Best wishes!!! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Tiffany S

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Linda R

We were farrrrrr from home but with a Big crowd of folks who traveled to New Orleans for a memorable wedding weekend. ...hire these guys.... Yes, the venue was magical, the cakes delicious, the drinks stiff...but everyone is talking about the kinfolk marching band and our... Read More "second line". ..then they spent the rest of the time running out of their hotel balconies to watch others over he next couple days ...everyone agreed , OURKINFOLK BRASS BAND second line made others look sad ! They love what they do...and it shows....you need these guys ....it's what your guests will remember the most ...don't mess around!immediate and professional communication and great price!

2016-11-07T12:32:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the positive feedback. It was our pleasure celebrating with you. Best wishes!!! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Richard Anderson

Richard Anderson co-directs Kinfolk Brass Band with his brother, Percy Anderson. They both first started playing music in Jr. high school band, under the direction of the late Donald Richardson. In 8th grade he was introduced to Jazz by an Asst. band director who was also a member of De’jean Olympia Brass Band. Richard later attend Southern University &amp; AM in Baton Rouge where he studied under Mr. Alvin Batiste (Jazz Program) and received his Bachelor Degree in Music. Richard gained a lot of experience playing with various bands until becoming a founding member of Kinfolk Brass Band.