Second Line Brass Band for Your Wedding!

The Kinfolk Brass Band is at the forefront of the New Orleans Brass Band renaissance. They fuse numerous styles of music, incorporating Mardi Gras chants, New Orleans Funk, and modern jazz ,with an old world traditional brass band sound. We would love to be part of your celebration!

$ – Inexpensive

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

45 E Blue Ridge Ct., New Orleans, LA (504) 314-5545

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Keira L

I want to give this band and Amanda 100 stars not just 5! I knew I wanted a second line but I didn't know just how magical it would be to us and every single wedding guest. This band single handed- ly turned our wedding into the most raved about event now and I'm guessing for... Read More years to come (people are still gushing about it almost a month later). It was the most amazing part of the night, and to think we almost scratched the idea when the wedding planning got to be too much work. That's where Amanda steps in. For an extra fee (beyond worth it!) Amanda will get the permits, plan the route, hire the police escorts, and make you feel at ease and well taken care of. We did our second line after the ceremony and reception at 11:30 at night, because our vows and party were held at the same place in the Garden District, and not really marching/dancing distance to the action filled French Quarter. And we're so glad Amanda worked it out that way because our guests were already in great spirits at that point, and the ones that missed it are still kicking themselves after hearing about it and seeing video clips. We were told you could feel the love, joy, and magic in the air and it was unlike anything ever experienced. It was all thanks to this incredibly talented band (and most of our wedding guests are musicians including my husband and the best man)! Not only did they sound better than any brass band we heard (saw 4 second lines that week, Kinfolk is hands down the best), they were vibrant, on point, and dressed to a T. Imagine how much better your photos and videos will be. I mean c'mon... our police escorts Amanda hired were even on Harleys! We had more fun dancing in the parade then we had at the wedding! I can't say enough about how much of a difference hiring this band made the best night of our lives! The other second lines we saw that week seemed dull and lifeless; the bride and groom were the only ones enjoying it. I can honestly say everyone loooved ours (including strangers that joined in!), didn't want it to end, and are currently planning how we all can do it again every couple years. Reading other's reviews again after having that experience I can fully feel the enthusiam and utter appreciation coming off the screen. Do yourself a favor: book Kinfolk; and spring for Amanda. You will have an unforgettable experience.

2016-11-16T14:22:00 Response from the vendor

WOW!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We truly love what we do, and creating memories with you and your guests is what it's all about. Thank you for inviting us to share in the love and... Read Less Read More

The Cherry on top!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Alyssa R

While our wedding was great, the second line made it amazing. I was in contact with Amanda throughout the planning process and she was so easy to work with and always got back to me quickly. I would HIGHLY recommend hiring her as a parade planner. My bus to the French Quarter... Read More was stuck in traffic but when we arrived, Amanda was there and got us into place quickly and got the parade moving. Without her I would have been so panicked that everything was on time and running correctly. She was there the whole time to organize and lead us. The band was amazing and boy can they play! All of our guests kept telling me how amazing of an experience it was and I have to agree. We ended the parade at Pat O'Brien's with a big whodat chant and I wouldn't have had it any other way. The band and Amanda really know how to have a great time and it'll always be one of the best experiences of my life. LOVE THEM!!

Reviewed on 4/12/2018 Elizabeth

We had such a great time! The Kinfolk Band was our wedding band AND our second line band. They were great at reading the room and the second line was everyone's favorite part of the event. Everything went so smooth! I would recommend them for any wedding. Ours was pretty large... Read More and the second line was still so fun and went off without a hitch. The NEW Kinfolk Cover Band did a great job as well. Their vocalists are very talented and honored all our requests... they even learned new songs for us! Great band and great management. Do yourself a favor and hire them to make your wedding day memorable for everyone!

Reviewed on 4/11/2018 Lauren F

Y’all! Book Kinfolk immediately for your wedding! First of all, Amanda with Frenchman Street Productions was a perfect choice to handle all of the second line coordination with permits and police escorts. She worked til the day of adding on pedicabs for grandparents to be able... Read More to join in the second line. Love her! And secondly, Kinfolk literally MADE my wedding! They performed the ceremony music to start and it was unlike any ceremony I’ve ever attended. Awesome. The Grand Marshall we added for the second line danced to the music before the procession started, which added another level of entertainment for our guests and made my dad super happy. The second line was an unbelievable experience and they ROCKED IT! It was everyone’s favorite part of the wedding, hands down! Thank y’all so much! I hope I get to join in another party with y’all soon!!

Reviewed on 4/03/2018 Ivey D

We had a Jazz Trio at our cocktail reception and it was the perfect addition to our wedding. Since we went with a DJ for the reception, this added a touch of live music & New Orleans jazz to our day that our guests loved!

Reviewed on 3/27/2018 Heather W

Kinfolk is hands down THE BEST of all brass bands in New Orleans. They are incredibly talented, sound amazing and very professional. If you want an experience your guests will never forget and have your pictures look amazing (some brass bands show up in some not-so-great... Read More attire), then book Kinfolk! One service that Frenchman Street Productions (who books out KBB) offers is the setting up of your second line permits, etc. I don't recommend that service only because it's so expensive for something that isn't that time consuming to do yourself (plus there are several websites that walk you through what to do). Highly recommend Kinfolk!!

2018-03-27T20:59:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. Did you hire Frenchmen Street Productions for the parade planning service? If so, can you please let us how what we could have done differently to satisfy your needs. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 3/21/2018 Christin S

The highlight of our wedding, was the second line. The guests, and my husband and I had the time of our life. The band was so great! I also had a grand Marshall and he was so much fun. They played our cocktail hour and then led us into our second line. They played songs people... Read More could sing along to. It was just incredible. I highly recommend getting the parade coordinating service with Frenchman Street Productions. Amanda was amazing to work with. She answered any questions I had and made the whole process so easy and stress free. Thank you Amanda, you were awesome.

2018-03-27T21:00:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for including us in your wedding celebration. It was our pleasure to share in such a momentous occasion. Best wishes! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 2/28/2018 Erika M

Fantastic job! Loved the way they escorted us through the city and gave us plenty of time to dance as a newly married couple right as the reception began. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 2/21/2018 Scott W

Kinfolk Brass Band played our wedding on Sat Feb 17th at Race + Religious, New Orleans and they were incredible. They brought so much energy and vitality to our special day, and we cannot recommend them highly enough. They used all their experience and skill to pull off our... Read More Second Line celebration exactly as we had hoped, in fact they even surpassed our expectations. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for a second. Huge thanks to Amanda and the band for their professionalism, talents and courteousness. 10/10.

2018-03-27T21:02:00 Response from the vendor

We so appreciate the positive feedback. Thank you for including us in your big day. Best wishes!!! Sincerely, Amanda Thompson Kinfolk Brass Band

Reviewed on 2/19/2018 Christina P

Three months after our wedding there are a few things that our guests are still raving about, one being Kinfolk. Kinfolk got our party started after the ceremony with our second line. Our wedding guests, both from out of town and New Orleans, keep saying how the second line was... Read More the highlight of the evening. This was also the highlight for my husband and I and Kinfolk was a major part of that experience. As we second lined throughout the Garden District, vendors and residents alike came out to cheer us on and enjoy a bit of Kinfolk's magic. We also had Kinfolk play during our cocktail hour and they definitely helped to get all of our guests into the celebratory spirit. I'll also note that many of our local guests stated this was the best second line they had ever witnessed, Kinfolk deserves much of that credit. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Sharde M

This band absolutely killed our wedding! We had the second line of all second lines and it was all because of our band :-) One of the best wedding decisions I made other than saying “I do”

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Alesha K

Kinfolk Brass Band played a second line for us at our December 28th (2017) wedding. It was by far the highlight of our wedding. I never thought it would be that much fun but we really had a blast and our guests were blown away. My favorite comments were “can we do it again?”... Read More And “I will never forget that!” The band was obviously awesome. The music selection was so great and the guys could not have been nicer. They got our guests and all of the onlookers on the street dancing and singing. I just cannot say enough about how much we loved it! It was an investment but really worth every single penny. Thank you for making our wedding so memorable! It was a once in a lifetime experience!

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Jennifer T

I can't rave about Kinfolk enough!!! My husband and I are from New York and had a destination wedding in New Orleans, and from the beginning, we knew we wanted Kinfolk for our second line! There is nothing like this where we are from, so all of my guests were completely blown... Read More away. It was a truly unforgettable, amazing experience. We had a grand marshall and he was EXCELLENT! All of my guests loved him. The band is phenomenal! They are all truly so talented!! I also loved that they have a parade planning service that takes care of the permits and parade route. This was so helpful to us, especially becayse we are from out of state. We also had a jazz trio for our ceremony and the music was absolutely beautiful. The whole experience from the very beginning was seamless! If you are searching for a band, stop your search now, Kinfolk Brass Band is IT!!!!!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Paul Z

This is a real, real easy hire! Kinfolk killed it during the second line and Amanda was a pleasure to work with throughout! We hired them for an hour with some atypical logistics. Specifically, they arrived at our rehearsal dinner at Elms Mansion, played for a bit, got on two... Read More St Charles street car rentals, played on the ride and then continued the second line down Canal and through the FQ! Amazing. These guys had ENERGY! And our crowd of 150 people couldnt stop talking about it! Great music, passionate, professional, laid-back and simply spectacular! Bride/groom - move on to some tougher wedding decisions and just pull the trigger on Kinfolk! You will be thankful you did so!

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Hazel C

AH-MAY-ZING! Ending our wedding with Kinfolk as our 2nd line brass band was the second best decision I made that day, after marrying my husband of course. My guest are still talking about it. We are from NYC and a wedding in NOLA is already different, but 2nd line band is... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw beyond. The band was phenomenal, and I can honestly say a highlight of the wedding. They played a great selection of songs, that everyone can dance to and turned my wedding into an after-party. Amanda was amazing to work with and coordinated everything. Best decision, best band! I'll be forever grateful!! You can't go wrong with the Kinfolk Brass Band.

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Elena W

There are no words for how fantastic Kinfolk Brass Band was for my wedding. If you are looking for a kick-ass secondline band look no further! Our wedding guests consisted of New Orleans locals and out of towners some traveling to Nola for the first time, many of our guests... Read More including the locals said that the secondline was one of their most cherished New Orleans memories. I worked with Amanda leading up to the wedding and she was so helpful and also available to answer questions throughout the process. I highly recommend using them to handle the permits and routes. They made my experience effortless and perfect. If we had gone directly from the venue to ending spot it would have only been 3 blocks, they coordinated a slightly longer route which took us by bars and areas where more people were around (making you feel like a total celebrity btw) which was great but not too long of a walk. If I could give these guys 10 stars I would!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Christy G

LITERALLY the highlight of our wedding. I only wish it could have kept going! Our wedding guests kept asking us in the days prior, "We saw this live band with a parade, are we going to be doing that?!" We assured them we would be. Then after, they said things like, "OUR BAND... Read More WAS WAYYYY BETTER THAN THOSE OTHER ONES WE SAW!!" My mom's boyfriend goes, "I was going to give them each $100 to take us around the block again!" To which I replied that he should have and they probably would have. Note to the brides: I had a few loving friends and family members advise me on the day of my wedding to really stop, breathe it in, and be truly present in the moment you are in. We were transitioning from our ceremony site to our reception site via Kinfolk Second Line, and at first, it was a whirlwind (my veil kept falling off, I spilled champagne on me, my white parasol I bought broke), so I got a little distracted from the beginning of the second line, but I chugged my champage, took off my veil and handed the parasol to my coordinator, and said to hell with it, and only then did I REALLY engage with that moment. So, just a note to you, remove all distractions that might come your way and really live in that moment. Enjoy the bystanders who are cheering you and your husband on in love and congratulations; really listen to the beat these AMAZING musicians are playing for YOU; and dance your heart out. It was my FAVORITE moment of the night once I stopped letting things get in my way, literally and figuratively!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Cristina S

This was THE HIGHLIGHT of the party! everyone loved the second line and the band was unbelievable!!! amazing experience.

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Anna H

Kinfolk played at our wedding a month ago and they were absolutely AMAZING - they really added a perfect NOLA touch and created an ambiance which put the guests in a party mood. Couldn't recommend them more!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Elizabeth M

Best decision! These guys were amazing and gave great energy to our second line!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Molly B

Kinfolk Brass Band was fantastic! I'm not from New Orleans and was unsure about having a second line but I am so glad that I did! It was one of the highlights of our wedding and the band made it phenomenal! We had the band stay through cocktail hour and the beginning of dinner... Read More and my guests talked about how much they enjoyed having the band. They really added a great atmosphere to the evening. Having a band was my husband's idea and it was absolutely the right call! We also used Amanda's services to plan the parade (we did all the rest of the planning ourselves) and it was definitely worth it- she did a great job and it was a relief to have someone else take over this piece of the planning. Overall the band and second line were a wonderful addition to our wedding and I can't imagine our wedding without them!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Tanisha W

Wow! Just wow! I loved Kinfolk! My guests are still raving about how awesome they were. They were the highlight of the evening. They were so much fun and was the absolute best way to kick off the reception. This was the first second line for me and all of my guests and it will... Read More be an experience that none of us ever forget. Thank you Kinfolk for getting our party started!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Tiffany G

WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!! It's been almost a month since our wedding and our guests are still talking about how awesome Kinfolk was!!!! Thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Marisol J

We hired Kinfolk for our Cocktail Hour and Second Line and they were AMAZING! They played great music, had phenomenal energy (especially Grand Marshall Gerald, who joined me in twerk-off! lol), and got all of us dancing, even the bystanders! They were incredibly fun, talented,... Read More and professional. The process was also very well-organized and they made it very easy. We couldn't be happier with our decision to use Kinfolk.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Katie S

We worked with Amanda from Frenchmen Street Productions on the contract for our wedding day. When hurricane Nate was threatening we had a very tough decision to make as the police called us and said they were on alert for the hurricane and "may not show up" for our parade (which... Read More means you can't have a parade). We decided to cancel. Luckily we did as during our schedule time it was downpouring and very windy. Amanda asked us to email her the cancellation so she would have it in writing. We cancelled within the 48 hour window per the contract. I accidentally e-mailed Richard (as I had been invoiced by Richard, but sent the contract by Amanda). I never heard back, thought the cancellation was complete. I reached out to Amanda and she stated she never received the e-mail. This is because I sent it to Richard. It's been a week and a half and I have still not heard from Richard even though I have made many attempts to request a refund. Amanda stated that we weren't contracted with her in any way so basically we are out of luck. So sad that there was no communication between Richard and Amanda about our request to cancel or any understanding considering the circumstances. Here we are out $1000 when we thought we did everything correctly and in time.

Richard Anderson

Richard Anderson co-directs Kinfolk Brass Band with his brother, Percy Anderson. They both first started playing music in Jr. high school band, under the direction of the late Donald Richardson. In 8th grade he was introduced to Jazz by an Asst. band director who was also a member of De’jean Olympia Brass Band. Richard later attend Southern University & AM in Baton Rouge where he studied under Mr. Alvin Batiste (Jazz Program) and received his Bachelor Degree in Music. Richard gained a lot of experience playing with various bands until becoming a founding member of Kinfolk Brass Band.