KMI Photography Inc

Bald Head Island, Ocean Isle, Raleigh NC, Topsail Beach

Timeless Wedding Photography for the Southeast

We are a photography and videography studio specializing in weddings, and located in beautiful Wilmington, NC. KMI Photography is a studio of creative individuals who strive to capture a couple's wedding day with attention and care. You will find our images to natural, joy filled, and timelessly beautiful. While our studio has grown over the years, our commitment to serving our wonderful clients has stayed constant. Thank you for taking the time to view our work and please visit our website to learn more about our studio. If you need sparklers for your wedding, please check out our sister company SparklersNow.com on the web or here on The Knot.

Artistic, Classic

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

4106 Oleander Dr, Wilmington, NC Bald Head Island, Ocean Isle, Raleigh NC, Topsail Beach (910) 292-9551

Great experience

Reviewed on 6/14/2013 Aleksandra D

I cannot praise Kevin enough for his dedication, skill, and kindness. After having a bad experience with a different photographer, the one that had taken our engagement pictures, I realized how important it was to have a photographer that was not only talented, but also... Read More listened to what you wanted and was friendly. I learned from my mistakes and I am so happy that I decided to have Kevin (and his assistant Josh) photograph our wedding. Not only did they take incredible pictures, they also made us feel comfortable which made taking pictures so much more fun (it is your wedding day after all so its important that you have fun). We also rented a photo booth through KMI, which our guests RAVED about. Everyone had a great time and the photo strips made the perfect wedding favors for our guests to take home with them. Kevin was flexible from the beginning; he was willing to work with us so that we could figure out a way to get what we wanted and without going over our budget. In short, Kevin is very talented and very easy to work with, what more could you ask for.

Photography

Reviewed on 5/23/2013 Tegan M

Kevin was a wonderful photographer. We loved the photo booth so much. It made for a fun time for our guests and fun memories for all.

KMI Photography

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Kalyn N

Lauren Millard of KMI Photography is absolutely amazing. She and her assistant were such a pleasure to work with and made my husband and I feel really comfortable. I have never seen someone work so hard in my entire life. I have no doubt in my mind that they captured every... Read More single moment. We have already seen a sneak peak of our photographs and were blown away with perfection. We cannot wait to see the rest! I would definitely recommend using KMI Photography.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Gail S

We would highly recommend Kevin with KMI Photography! He was the perfect choice for our daughter's wedding recently at Bald Head Island, NC. He was very kind and patient with everyone and we will definitely contact him again for family photos and/or anniversaries. Kevin is... Read More a pleasure to work with!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Ann Marie N

Kevin was fantastic! He was so fun and really captured the moment perfectly. The open photobooth was a hit and perfect for the bride and groom. Since it was open I could be on the dance floor and see who was taking pictures and race over to get in some with my best friends. It... Read More was a great addition.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Angelin H

We just received our photos from our wedding 4/22/17 and could not have asked for more. They are absolutely beautiful and Nicole and her team captured every single moment of our wedding. There were over 800 pictures to view! We love every single one of them. Kevin was so... Read More communicative and responsive from our initial meeting and we had a year of planning. We received our pictures roughly 4-5 weeks after the wedding. High fives to everyone and again thank you! Highly recommend! Angelin and Austin Hobbs

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Emily B

We absolutely loved KMI and would recommend them to anyone looking for the perfect wedding photographer. Kevin was responsive, attentive, helpful and extremely thoughtful during both our engagement session and wedding day (and the time in between!) Kevin possesses the rare... Read More ability to be extremely effective at getting great shots while being graceful - we barely knew he was there! He is a true master at his art - all around. You won't find a better photographer in Wilmington, especially for the price. We love KMI!!!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Natalie U

Kevin was a pleasure to work with!! He did an amazing job organizing the pictures and kept us laughing the whole time. He is very creative and has a great eye for picture locations. I highly recommend KMI for any photography needs! We could not have been any happier with our... Read More experience.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Karen M

Great photographer. Little expensive, but great service and reliable.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Angela M

We are SO very happy with our decision to hire KMI to shoot both our engagement and wedding photographs! Kevin shot our engagement photos and Lauren and Jenny shot our wedding. They were all beyond words fantastic and we were very comfortable with them off the bat! The pictures... Read More were gorgeous and I could just not wait to show them to everyone! I would highly recommend KMI for your wedding photography and beyond! I will be looking to them for all my future photography needs!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016

WE LOVED KEVIN!!! He was so laid back and made us feel so comfortable. He did so well with taking a lot of natural looking photos and never made us be too "posey". My husband doesn't usually care to take pictures but he didn't mind it with Kevin at all because he never made us... Read More do anything cheesy or uncomfortable.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Allison H

Kevin & Lauren and their entire team were phenomenal! I really can't praise their attention to detail, skill and just plain awesomeness enough! Highly recommend

Photography

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Morgan P

Kevin and his team at KMI are by far my favorite. They are so welcoming, talented and organized. Our engagement pictures were perfect and I can only wait to see what the wedding day photos will have in store! There work is incredible and if I had an unlimited budget I would have... Read More probably used all of their services they offer!

KMI was fantastic!

Reviewed on 1/26/2015 Holly S

We absolutely loved KMI! Kevin and Lauren are flexible, responsive, and wonderful photographers. Once the wedding was over, we were so excited about seeing the wedding photos. They came back so fast and the quality did not disappoint. They captured our day beautifully and we... Read More look at them all the time. Thank you so much Kevin and Lauren!

KMI is GREAT

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Jenn S

Kevin with KMI Photography did both our engagement and wedding photos - and what a spectacular job he did with our engagement photos - I can't WAIT to see what he did at the wedding. Kevin is a native Wilmingtonian (as am I) and I think that is a very important aspect when... Read More choosing a photographer. I wanted someone who loved Wilmington as I do, and can showcase that in our wedding photography. I would recommend Kevin and his wife Lauren to anyone in the area!

Amazing photographer

Reviewed on 11/17/2014

My fiancée and I contacted KMI Photography for a last minute photography request to shoot our engagement photos. I am scheduled to deploy soon and we didn't have much time. Not only was. Kevin able to shoot our engagement but the photos were unreal! He was funny and fun and we... Read More had a great time. Several times we forgot he was even taking photos we were having so much fun. When we saw the final pictures we could never have believed that they would be this beautiful. I have already referred KMI to everyone that I know who is looking for a photographer. They are the best!

Would recommend

Reviewed on 5/20/2012 Stacey J

Kevin is very very sweet and worked great with us. Most of our wedding details kept changing in regards to location and size and he was great the whole time. We will use him again for upcoming holiday pictures and family pictures.

Great to work with!

Reviewed on 12/02/2011 Lee Anne H

KMI Photography was great to work with! They were a lot of fun during our engagement session and on our wedding day! We love our photos! The only reason why I didn't give 5 stars is because I did feel there were some important shots that were missing, i.e. only 1-2 photos of my... Read More mom during the festivities, or too many photos of the flower girl, but otherwise they were a great choice and captured some fantastic photos!

Photographer review

Reviewed on 6/27/2011 Brooke W

We loved working with KMI. We had Jennifer and Jennifer. They were so much fun to work with and took BEAUTIFUL pictures!

LOVED the Jennifers!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 serriah c

They were awesome to work with! I can't wait to see my photos when they are ready!

PERFECT photographers

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Melissa W

So easy to work with. This husband and wife team knew exactly what they wanted and worked so efficiently together. They were there for every moment without getting in the way or trying to take control of the situation. They were PERFECT. Everything you need and don't need in... Read More photographers. I couldn't have asked for a better team. And the pictures are GREAT!

Review for KMI Photography

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Maryanne B

Kevin and Lauren Millard took some BEAUTIFUL candid shots. It's the reason we chose them to be our photographers. They captured the intimate moments before the ceremony started (me with my Dad) all the way through the ceremony and reception. The candids of me with my Dad... Read More and my first dance with my husband make my eyes tear up. That's just how much they captured the true feeling of the day! They also took some very artistic photos (like ones of me and my bridesmaid in the village post office hiding out right before the ceremony as there was no place at the chapel to do so). These types of photos are the ones that make your wedding YOURS. There will always be the poses done by every bride and groom (and Kevin and Lauren do these too) but the candids and the artistic shots are the ones that remind you how special and unique your wedding was. We're very happy with their work! Additionally they work very elusively. You don't even know they're there. They blend in don't obstruct the views of your guests and still get some awesome shots! Looking at our reception photos I don't even remember them taking most of the pictures because they stayed out of the way but still did a great job!;I will say that the photography on our wedding day was SIGNIFICANTLY better than for our engagement session. Who knows why? If I had to choose I'd prefer the wedding day to be better so no complaints but our engagement shots could have been better.

Kevin & Lauren Millard

We are Kevin and Lauren Millard, co-owners and lead photographers for KMI Photography. We love we do, and we love getting to meet and work with the best couples in the southeast! We have been photographing weddings for about the same amount of time we have been married, 13 years and counting! We are parents to 3 sweet and sassy little ones, and we love making memories as a family. On our days off, you can find us playing at the beach, hiking at the park, and soaking up all the fun and sunshine we can.