Kristi Whitney Photography

Let me capture the moments and true emotion of your wedding day! I love utilizing documentary style mixed with creative portraiture, to give you a variety of images. With a laid back style, my goal is to let you live each moment of the day freely, while I create beautiful images to last a lifetime!

Documentary

340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100

Overland Park, KS Kansas City area (816) 726-1222

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Renee C

It's hard to find a photographer when your thousands of miles away. When I first inquired about our wedding, Kristi was responsive, informative and always available which in my case was important considering the distance. All of the engagement and wedding pictures turned out... Read More great! She made my husband and I feel comfortable from day one. She brought suggestions that were outside the box and in line with our vision. I couldn't have picked a better photographer!

2017-09-07T23:01:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review!! It means so much to hear how happy you both were with everything. I hope you enjoy your wedding images for many years to come!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Brianna M

Kristi is so amazing! I had an outdoor wedding in July ( who does that?) and she couldn't have made my day any easier. Even though it was 100 degrees and sunny, Kristi was right there with us all day getting my dream wedding shots. Kristi has taken my high school graduation... Read More pictures, all the way to my wedding pictures, and I have been blown away every time. After my wedding pictures were finished, all my bridesmaids and friends asked me her name so they could book her when it was their time. Hands down the best photographer around!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Brittany S

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about Kristi and her amazing work! I had gone to a few Bridal shows shortly after I was engaged just to grab everything from all the vendors. When it came to picking out the photographer there was only one person who's card I... Read More had grabbed at every event...and yes, it was Kristi's!! From the first meeting my husband and I had with her, we knew we wanted to work with her. She understood our fun & outgoing personalities and was able to capture that in every photo she took of us. I was blown away with all of our engagement and wedding photos!! She had great energy when she was taking our photos which made my husband and I feel very comfortable with her. We are now looking forward to the next time we get to work with her which will hopefully be very soon!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Emily T

We used Kristi, first, for our engagement photos. I was very nervous about this situation because I felt it would be awkward and the pictures would look that way, too. I was absolutely blown away by how welcoming, calming, and natural Kristi made us feel. I KNEW that she had to... Read More be our wedding photographer. The whole process was SO easy and natural. We sat down about a month before our wedding and I gave her a list of everything that I wanted photographed and she was happy to capture everything that I wanted. On our wedding day, she was timely and always where I wanted her to be even without me telling her! I would highly recommend her to anyone for any photographing occasion. I know that we will definitely use her in the future for capture our growing family.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Whitney W

Kristi is an AMAZING photographer. She has a personality that works so well with others! Weddings are stressful events but having Kristi as your photographer gives you one less thing to be stressed out about.

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Beth C

Kristi is the most AMAZING photographer! I met her about six years ago when she did a family photo shoot for me and have used her ever since. She has become more like a family friend, my boys just love her! Kristi is kind, patient and brilliant behind the camera. I just had my... Read More maternity photos done and they are like pictures you see on Pinterest, I can't wait to see what see comes up with for the newborn pictures!! I will never you another photographer!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Stacy K

Simply said you will not find a more professional photographer that takes bettter pictures than Kristi. She has that eye and she is a true pro.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Colt M

My wife and I met with a few photographers before we met with Kristi, and once we met with Kristi the search was over! Not only is Kristi very talented, she's also very personable and made everything run extremely smoothly on our wedding day. We couldn't be more happy that... Read More Kristi captured our day!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Jeremy W

👨‍⚕️ I couldn't have been happier with how both my engagement and wedding pictures came out that Kristi took for us . She was very patient with us and took breathtaking pictures of us . We will definitely be using her again once we have a baby.

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Kathleen W

Kristi is amazing! She is very friendly and really knows what she is doing. We met with her beforehand to go over what kind pictures we wanted, and she put together a schedule for the day, which really helped us out. The day of our wedding, she was with us all day to make... Read More sure every moment was captured. The pictures turned out perfectly! Kristi really is the best!

2017-08-05T15:38:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review!!

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Niccole B

Kristi did an incredible job as our wedding photographer, not only did our engagement photos turn out perfect so did our wedding photos. She made everyone feel so comfortable and caught so many absolutely beautiful moments! Kristi is the best to work with, not only did we... Read More change our date on her, we changed times, days of the week and venue! She was so accommodating and made it all work out. We will be calling Kristi for our all our life's moments!! Thank you, Niccole

2017-02-06T10:22:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for these wonderful words Niccole! It means so much to hear how happy you guys were. I'm so glad we could work everything out with the date change! Your whole family was a joy to work with. Many happy years to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Susan J

We had a small intimate wedding and Kristi did a fabulous job. Meeting before was so helpful in assuring she would capture the kinds of photos we wanted and all the details that were important to us. Before and during the ceremony and through the reception you didn't even know... Read More she was there. Some of the best memories of the day were capturing candid shots with our daughters before the ceremony, laughing, and simply enjoying the moments. The photos are beautiful and we have received countless compliments. You will not be dissapointed, Kristi does great work!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Meryl B

Kristi was absolutely amazing to work with! She was always so friendly and really made an effort to make us feel as comfortable as possible going into our big day. We met twice before the wedding to talk over details and then also walked around the venue about a week before. We... Read More even extended our time a few weeks out and she had no problem adding the extra hour. On wedding day, everything went wonderfully. Kristi was so relaxed and I think that really set the tone for the rest of the wedding party, as well as my husband and I. It was over 100 degrees outside, but I don't think anyone could tell from the pictures. She did a great job coordinating getting the outside shots I wanted and also keeping everyone cool. After the wedding, we were so pleased to get our images. She truly did capture every detail and we will cherish those moments for the rest of our lives.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Diane G

I got married about 6 months ago. I went looking for a photographer and found Kristi on the Knot. When I started looking at her website, I noticed a family friend had also used her for their wedding. I was sold at that point. Kristi made our day easy and relaxed. Our pictures... Read More are beautiful and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

2016-09-20T14:09:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kinds words!! I'm so glad you loved your images and it's great to know that you felt at ease and relaxed on your wedding day! That is always my goal!! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Jennifer L

There are not enough words of thanks and gradatude for Kristi! She truly is an amazing person and photographer ! From the moment we met her she was there for is with anything we needed and was there to answer any questions we had and I had a lot. The day of our wedding she... Read More came and made me feel so comfortable I'm not always okay with how I look and she took great care to make me feel the most amazing I've ever felt. She asked us to make a list of shots we wanted and on the day of the wedding we got every shot we asked for. We got our pictures back and I cried with how good they were. We deff will be using her again for any of our future picture needs. You can't have better person shooting your wedding than Kristi

2016-09-20T14:11:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this awesome review! These words mean the world to me to hear. I always love when my clients are so happy with the final images, but it means just as much that you had a great experience all the way... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Alyssa B

Kristi did an amazing job as our wedding photographer! I am so grateful for the many things she did that put us at ease, including being responsive and helpful throughout the process. And our photos are amazing! She captured many wonderful moments in such a beautiful way. She... Read More also went above and beyond with the beautiful wedding video she created for us. We will treasure it forever as a way to remember our wedding day! Her willingness to work with my ideas and thoughts while bringing in her own expertise was perfect. She made the whole process so easy and I knew I didn’t have to worry with her in charge of capturing the day! On our wedding day she was prompt, genuinely friendly, confident and flexible. She knew how to direct us while also allowing moments to happen naturally. Kristi was very attentive to the list of photos that we wanted and made sure to capture them all. I didn’t have to think about it once throughout the day. She provided us with more high quality and beautiful photos than we will know what to do with! I definitely recommend her for engagement and wedding photography. She exceeded my expectations and I am so grateful for all that she did. Thank you, Kristi!

2016-06-06T11:55:18 Response from the vendor

OH! Thank you so much for your beautiful words! I'm so glad you enjoyed every minute of the process and that you love your images. Thank YOU for planting the seed of doing the video, as I loved creating it and plan to do much... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Brittany L

Kristi was great! She is very personable. Everyone loved her and she captured all the photos I asked and more!

Reviewed on 2/09/2016

The most amazing photos for the most perfect day! Our wedding was on Halloween and was somewhat non-traditional, from the music, down to the bride's black wedding dress - Kristi captured the essence of our day with the perfect mix of classic and candid shots all with a relaxed,... Read More care-free approach. Kristi's professionalism, attention to detail, and creative panache made our special day, truly spectacular. We couldn't recommend her more highly! 10 stars!

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Mallory F

From the moment we met with Kristi I knew instantly that she was going to be our wedding photographer. Kristi was the first and ONLY photographer we met with. I knew our personalities would work well together plus all of her photos are just gorgeous! She shot our engagement... Read More photos in April of 2015 and then our wedding the following October. I was very nervous for engagement pictures simply because I am not super comfortable in front of the camera. After the first couple of minutes we started to warm up. Kristi made us feel so comfortable and helped us with every pose. We got our engagement pictures back not even two weeks after the shoot and I cried as I was looking through them! They turned out so AMAZING! Kristi designed our Save the Dates for us at a good price and we received so many compliments on them. They were perfect! Then our wedding came and Kristi was more like a friend that day than a stranger snapping pictures of us on our wedding day. She was so calm and sweet but still smiling and laughing the whole day. She knew our style by that point and took advantage of every opportunity to get a great photo. Kristi even made our bridal party feel comfortable in front of the camera and had a great time with them! In fact, several of them said, "Wow, your photographer knows what she's doing! I love her, she's so sweet." She's just amazing and so easy to work with! Now for the best part...Kristi designed the MOST BEAUTIFUL wedding album for my husband and me. Oh my goodness, I cried again as I was flipping through the pages! It is just so nice to have something so special for us to look back on to remember one of the best day of our lives. I already know when our family expands Kristi will be the photographer of our babies. She's so easy to communicate with and, in my opinion, has such great style when it comes to photography. We are customers for life! You will not be disappointed if you go with Kristi as your photographer for any event in your life.

2016-06-28T12:39:02 Response from the vendor

These words mean more to me than you know! I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed the process as well as the images we captured. Hearing you say I was more like a friend hanging out with you on wedding day makes my... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/21/2016

Kristi did a wonderful job for us! We had a small, outdoor wedding and we couldn't be happier with the photos. She was very friendly and easy to work with and she did a great job of working with us ahead of time to plan out the day. She had a great touch for when to give... Read More direction and when to blend in and capture some great candid shots. Thanks Kristi!

Reviewed on 11/07/2015

We had the pleasure of working with Kristi who did our wedding back in September. She was very professional, open to our ideas, flexible, and able to capture the key moments without any assistance. We barely knew she was there and was able to taking amazing photos of the... Read More entire event. All the photos turned out amazing and perfect that we can cherish forever. It was great to have them laid out so that we can walk through the whole night from start to finish w/o missing a beat. Thanks so much for allowing us to never be able to forget that wonderful day!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Hannah

Kristi did our wedding in June 2014. She was truly amazing! She was very flexible and she did well with our young daughter. She was very patient with her and very easy going. She took fantastic pictures! She listened to what I wanted and she came up with great ideas for pictures... Read More as well. The whole thing went smoothly thanks to her. She stuck to her timeline and she was able to capture a lot of amazing photos that we will cherish forever. I would recommend her to anyone! We loved her so much that we had her do our family photos as well. We are really pleased with her and will continue to go to her with all of our photography needs. She is truly an exceptional photographer and we couldn't be happier! Thank you so much Kristi!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Suzanne C

Kristi was wonderful to work with! She contacted us ahead of time to determine our needs and wants regarding photos the day of the wedding, and organized a schedule to get in everything we wanted. She was prompt and super friendly, and the photos are superb!

2015-10-26T15:22:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words!! I had such a great time with you guys, and I just loved the simple, laid back feel to your wedding! I will remember it always!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a review!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Before booking my photographer, I was given advice from a co-worker to look for someone I would want to spend my entire wedding day with. The moment I met with Kristi, I knew she was the one! She was calm and professional, and had so many beautiful images and albums of past... Read More weddings and products for me to look at, I felt very confident going with her. I loved that each wedding she shot was original, not the same location or poses over and over. She set the mood for the day, and helped distract me from the chaos going on around us. She coordinated seamlessly with my other vendors, and kept us right on schedule for the day. The day flew by, and after the wedding I couldn’t wait to see my pictures! They were more beautiful than I could have ever hoped for. I was stunned by her ability to capture details that I hadn’t even noticed, or didn’t even remember seeing. Her composition and lighting set her images apart from any other wedding photographs I have seen. My husband and I cannot wait for her to photograph all of the big events in our lives!

2015-10-26T15:28:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this sweet review! I really do love hanging out with my couples on their wedding day and making it FUN! It's so nice to hear these things! I can't wait to see you guys again!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Shelby K

FABULOUS JOB! Kristi is so inviting and comfortable to be around and really gets creative shots that you would never even have thought of. If you would like someone who takes quality time with you to make sure your pictures are just perfect, then Kristi is your girl!!!

2015-10-26T15:24:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! You know your wedding day was dear to my heart in so many ways! Everyone was so fun to be around! I can't wait to work with you guys more in the future!!