Kurt Nielsen Photography, Inc.

NW Ohio and SE Michigan, Destination Wedding Pkgs Available

Let Me Tell Your Wedding Story!

Your special day is filled with passion and emotion, family and friends. With having 30 years of photography experience, Kurt knows how to capture all of the intimate moments that tell the story of your wedding day. His knowledge of photo editing ensures he will create images as unique as you! Wedding packages range from 6 hours to all day coverage. Kurt's "Complete Wedding Package" is the most popular and gives you the best value! It includes all day wedding coverage AND Kurt's Kustom Keepsakes Green Screen Photo Booth for the entire reception with a scrapbook made from the photo booth photos and created by your guests! Your engagement session AND all of the photos from it, your wedding and the photo booth are also included! Be sure to check out Kurt's Hashtag Printing Station!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

5431 Schultz Dr, Sylvania, OH NW Ohio and SE Michigan, Destination Wedding Pkgs Available (419) 885-7153

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Kem J

The first experience we had with Kurt was at a friends wedding. I saw the hustle and determination to capture every moment he could at their wedding and as an observer, I was impressed. About 2 years later, when we started planning our own wedding, he was suggested to us by... Read More that same couple. So we checked him out at the Bridal show. Honestly, we were sold from the moment we met him. My, then fiance, is a hard guy to please from the beginning. Yet, after our first sit down meeting, he didn't want to shop any other options. With every subsequent meeting, we felt like we picked the right photographer. As part of our package, we were able to get our engagement photos done with him. We went on location to Wildwood MetroPark. They turned out amazing! Fast forward to our wedding day. Kurt was everywhere! I really wanted to also have a videographer, but as brides well know, you may have to make some important sacrifices. When we received our pictures, he had taken so many photos that we definitely don't regret not also having video. The one thing I'm extremely happy we were able to have as part of our package was the photobooth. One of the things we heard about all night from our guests that night was how much they loved the photobooth! The photobooth had a couple of attendants all night long. The guests were able to take pictures with props and instantly get a print out to take home as a keepsake. They also were able to sign a picture guestbook too. Later that night, it was great to be able to see such happy photos and well wishes the same day. If you're considering a photobooth, you should add it on when you pick Kurt. I think it's safe to say, that when we need a photographer in the future, we're looking to Kurt Nielsen Photography first. Thanks Kurt, for an AMAZING job well done.

2016-10-30T21:07:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kem and Josh for such a wonderful review. You two are such an amazing couple and I truly appreciate that you chose me to be a part of your special day. It was a great wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jaime S

While attending "I Do at the Zoo" in 2015, I briefly spoke with Kurt and received a flyer with his prices and packages listed. His packages and prices caught our attention, we knew we wanted a photo booth and he has a better option! My husband and I chose Kurt as our wedding... Read More photographer for many reasons, some which include price, comfort level with Kurt when we met him and in his studio, willingness to meet at different locations, and capture our entire wedding day, from early morning at the salon until the end of the reception! We had a baseball themed wedding that took place at Fifth Third Field, in Toledo, OH, and Kurt was with us every step of the way! He did so much running around and back and forth between rooms and floors, making sure to capture every moment he could and all of the essential ones! I remember him saying at one point he had so many steps in his day already, it had never been that high so early in the day!! Another huge draw for us was the option to use his green screen photo booth, something we really wanted. We were able to pick and create our own back drops, and Kurt went out of his way to contact the Mud Hens directly himself to get the approval to use their copyrighted images. The green screen can fit many, many people. I want to say maybe even 25!!! Everyone in the picture gets a copy as well as the bride and groom, I highly recommend this option!! It doubles as a gift your guests can take home too. Pictures are memories that have forever been captured! I highly recommend Kurt and his staff. My husband and I have been so happy with the work Kurt has done for us, we have taken our 16 month old daughter to him a few times for her photo ops as well! He's great with babies and large groups, Kurt Nielsen is your guy!

2016-10-31T07:50:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jaime for your kind words and allowing me to be the one to capture your special day. Your wedding day and venue was awesome and yes, I did record the most steps for one day at your wedding. My fitbit step count was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Tami D

Kurt and his team were amazing. My husband and I got married this past July. Kurt captured moments at my wedding and reception that I could not have imagined. Kurt is an artist and professional, not "just" a photographer. In addition to the pictures that were taken by Kurt,... Read More my guests and I were able to enjoy a fantastic photo booth that was managed by friendly members of his team. I would highly recommend Kurt Nielsen Photography to any bride or groom, no matter the age of the participants or the size of the guest list. Kurt was somehow everywhere to capture the once in a lifetime moments yet he was no where. I don't recall seeing him around. Amazing. The photos are absolutely breathtaking.

2016-10-30T20:36:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such kind words Tami! You two are a great couple and I am honored that you chose me to be a part of such an amazing day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brenna B

Kurt and his staff are amazing. We have used them for everything from family photos, engagement pictures, and wedding pictures. He has a love for his job that is evident through in his beautiful photographs. Thank you for always doing such an amazing job!

2016-10-31T07:42:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you Brenna for your kind words, and thank you for allowing me to capture all of your special moments. See you soon!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jackie Z

Kurt is awesome! We were so behind with planning, and he was so helpful and made everything so easy. Our pictures came out beautiful and everyone loved the DVD slideshow he prepared for us. We highly recommend Kurt!

2016-10-30T22:28:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jackie for your kind words, and thank you for allowing me to capture your special day!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Karena B

The Best there is! He was there the whole day and got everything captured. He was well prepared for everything and made for an easy stress free wedding day. I can't say enough good things. Also the photobooth was a huge hit!

2016-10-30T22:30:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you Karena for your kind words. You and Travis truly showed why Toledo Loves Love!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Travis B

The was great! Good personality and easy to talk to. He got all the shots we wanted and more!

2016-10-30T22:31:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Travis, and thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lisa C

Kurt is an amazing photographer. When we first met him we realized how much he loves what he does. We didn't even visit with any other photographers, we chose him the same day and we were not disappointed. He had great ideas regarding our engagement photos, and how we could... Read More include my son. It was great because we chose a package that included our engagement photos, a photo booth at the wedding and the wedding photos. He was at our venue all day to get photos of each detail of our special day. We even got a SD card with photos set to music as well as dvds with all our photos to print. If you want amazing photographer, we would definitely choose him all over again.

2016-10-30T21:27:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Lisa and Tony for your kind words. I am so honored to have been part of your special day and I look forward to working with and seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Thomas D

Highly professional , very creative , easy to work with and cost effective . The pictures are gorgeous !!

2016-10-30T20:50:58 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words Dana and Tom! And thank you for letting me capture your special day!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Matt S

Kurt is amazing! Not only as a photagrapher, but as a person. I was so appreciative of everything he helped us out with. Not only suggestions for pictures, but the extra things he did to make our day move seamless. We were so blessed to have him share our special day with us. He... Read More definitely helped us make it an epic, memorable day. If anyone is undecided about a photographer I 100% recommend Kurt and his crew. Thank you so much.

2016-10-23T16:17:47 Response from the vendor

Thanks Matt and Eilynn! You guys were an awesome couple to work with! Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Megan W

Kurt was absolutely the best! He made our wedding so much less stressful then I thought it would be! I would highly recommend him for any one getting married. And the guests loved loved loved the photobooth. It was such a great keepsake to have the night of the wedding to look... Read More at and laugh! It was perfect! Thanks Kurt!

2016-10-13T18:11:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Megan!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016

Kurt was the best. So very attentive and took so many pictures. We got married out of town and he was with us from beginning to end.

2016-04-20T14:50:41 Response from the vendor

Thanks Tricia! It was a pleasure working with you and Marc!

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 Michelle M

Kurt did a great job with our engagement and wedding photos. The pictures are crisp and clear; none look washed out. The poses were perfect, timeless and elegant. I will have no regrets with the photos years from now or think that's a weird pose- why did I do that. Kurt was... Read More more than willing to accommodate our requests with taking bridal and groom getting ready pictures. Kurt's photography equipment was very professional and I didn't have to worry about what type of camera was being used or if the lighting would be an issue. A nice highlight of the package we chose was receiving extra DVDs that we were able to give to our families so they could enjoy the pictures as well and watch the photo slideshow whenever they wanted. I highly recommend Kurt for your engagement and wedding photo needs!

2016-10-13T18:10:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you Michelle!

Reviewed on 11/28/2015

Kurt is an amazing photographer with a rare ability to capture not only a moment in time, but your personality as well. He provided our engagement and wedding photos and must be the hardest working photographer in the business. He put in the time before, during and after the... Read More event to give us the best possible service. The stats/facts: Over 12 h of time on the wedding day at FIVE different locations, over 1400 photos taken, a dvd photo-montage lasting over an hour, a tireless and friendly staff providing exceptional and fun service in the green screen photo-booth and a truly personal touch. The result: An incredible photo documentary of our wedding day that we can relive with all of the fondest memories preserved. There was not a single important moment that is not covered. Kurt is an amazing talent (although he may have you contort into positions that seem awkward at the time but turn out incredibly well) and a fun, good guy. My wife and I have no reservations recommending him for all of your special photo needs. We will use him again whether it is for our children's senior pics, holiday/family pics, anniversary pics or any occasion that requires an authentic rendering of our most important moments in life. Michael and Denise Remington 10/17/15

2015-11-29T09:06:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words Michael. I'm glad you were pleased. It was a great day and I am honored that I was able to capture the moments for you!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Kurt was beyond words and did an incredible job with our wedding photos. His communication was excellent, he was on time, and I never had a doubt that he knew what we were looking for in our photos. He truly made our wedding day special and went above and beyond to make sure we... Read More were happy. If you are looking for your photographer, look no further than Kurt Nielsen.

2015-10-30T16:01:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Brenna N

I have been going to Kurt for years for everything from family photos to senior pics and now our wedding! Kurt was all over at the wedding ceremony and reception hall, he even came to the salon the morning of the wedding to get pictures of the girls getting ready! I swear I... Read More never once saw him standing still! Kurt is a fantastic photographer. I would recommend him to anyone for ANY service!!

2015-10-30T16:08:26 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind words B!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Brittney B

Kurt is an awesome photographer! Our engagement pictures turned out beautiful! I can not wait for my wedding. I get Kurt for the whole day and the green screen photo booth!! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 jennifer w

He is really good and we love are pictures and pictures CD!!!!!!!!

2015-10-30T16:01:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jennifer!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Alyse G

Kurt does an amazing job and you can tell he is so compassionate about what he does, he pours his heart and soul into it. He alone got more pictures on our wedding day than I have seen a group of 2-3 photographers get. He has great ideas and poses to capture that perfect shot!... Read More We, along with our family and friends, were more than impressed with our wedding photos. We even just had Kurt do a mini photo session for our 1 year anniversary! He met on his only day off and spent almost two hours working with us. He really is the best!!!

2015-10-29T11:07:26 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review Alyse!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Heather P

Kurt went above and beyond what we were expecting for our wedding day photos! The day of, he kept things rolling along on time, kept the bridal party in line with where they needed to be in the pictures (which was a challenge with our large group) and did it all with a smile... Read More despite it being a hot day in August. He was very personable and stuck around for almost the entire reception making sure he didn't miss any special moments. We absolutely loved our photos! Thanks Kurt for capturing our big day and the memories we have to last a lifetime! -Heather & Josh

2015-10-30T16:05:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review Heather and Josh! It was a great day despite the heat!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

Kurt did a fabulous job with our wedding photos! The day of, he was so professional and great about keeping things rolling along, getting everyone in there places (which was a challenge with our larger wedding party) and smiling along the way. Thanks so much for the lasting... Read More memories of our special day! -Heather & Josh

2015-10-30T16:03:58 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the Great review Heather and Josh!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Brittany B

We used Kurt for our engagement session as well as our wedding photographer on 9/6/14 and all I can say is AMAZING! He did a fabulous job with capturing great memories and wonderful photos. Our family and friends absolutely loved him as he was very engaged in his work at getting... Read More people together for photos and laughs. He even came out with us afterwards to capture a few pictures at a bar! I highly recommend him for all future bride and grooms as he definitely helped make our special day unforgettable.

2015-10-27T14:33:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks Brittany. It was a great day!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Kristen C

We had Kurt be the photographer for our wedding back in June and it was a nasty day but Kurt did an amazing job! Kurt was on time (actually early!) and was able to travel to our venue an hour away from Toledo with no issues. Kurt was good with the kids in our wedding (ages 5,4... Read More and 3) but they got a little tired when finishing pictures after the ceremony (which was around 4). He took it all with stride and we were able to get them done with relative ease. I love our ceremony photos but some of the best photos were the candid ones from the reception. Kurt blended in really well with everyone and was very thorough with all of the pictures he was able to capture. Kurt began his day with us around 1130am and didn't leave the reception until 1030 and he was upbeat the whole time. I highly recommend Kurt as a photographer for weddings and engagement photos!

2015-10-27T14:33:02 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review Kristen! I hope you are enjoying married life!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

Kurt Is Fantastic. He did both our engagement photos and our wedding. He is fun but not intrusive and everyone loved his photos!

2015-10-27T14:31:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks John and Jackie!

Above expectations!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Dan S

It was great working with Kurt for our wedding. I was referred to him by a photographer friend that I've known for many years. Our wedding preparation became quite difficult as my wife had gotten a job in Columbus and we moved there from Toledo just 5 weeks before the wedding. I... Read More met with Kurt and hired him while my wife was not able to meet with him due to her new job. Kurt was very accomodating to us, meeting her on a day when he normally does not have office hours. The wedding day, we allowed Kurt to take control to ensure he captured the day. He was outstanding in both directing us, family, and friends for photos. Your wedding day becomes a blur of activity, but the photos are what you have left to provide memories. I would highly recommend Kurt Nielsen Photography for any event.

Kurt Nielsen

Kurt began his photography career in 1986 at a chain portrait studio. In 1997, after developing and implementing wedding photography for another national photo lab chain, Kurt decided it was time to go out on his own, and he has never looked back. Since he began his photography career, Kurt has photographed over 800 weddings, many of which now come to Kurt for their family photos as well. His attention to detail means that you know everything will be in place. His laid-back style and friendliness means that he is easy to work with, and he will help you stay on track on your special day.