Kurtela Video Productions

San Francisco Bay Area, California, Destination Weddings

Creating Lasting Memories through Video

Delivering an unforgettable product is what fuels my passion as a videographer. With strong attention to detail, I take a creative approach in helping you remember the biggest day of your life.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

1982 W. Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA San Francisco Bay Area, California, Destination Weddings (650) 464-0185

Excellent Services - Fast & Professional

Reviewed on 2/03/2014 Alisha R

We hired Sean of Kurtela Video Productions for our May 2013 wedding. He was recommended by a close friend of ours. We can only say the best things of Sean and his work. On the wedding day, he came prepared with his HD equipment and worked professionally. We didn't even realize... Read More he was filming most of the time; he was so stealthy and worked well with our photographer. The groomsmen really liked him and were thrilled he got footage of them in their sunglasses. Then after a few days after our wedding, he finished our video trailer! He was so fast and the trailer brought everyone to tears. He captured moments we didn't even realize he was there for and the trailer was so well made! The music and the words that he chose to include perfect. When we watched the trailer, it felt like we were re-living the day - the anticipation of the pre-wedding activities, the ceremony, and the lovely words of the Officiant. We are so happy we hired Sean and that we will always have his videos to take us back to our special day. If you are looking for videographer, hire Sean. You will be more than impressed!

KVP is so worth it!

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Janette D

My husband and I are so pleased with Sean Kurtela's work! Our families and friends enjoyed both the wedding trailer and full version of the video. Our September 21st wedding was held outdoors for the ceremony and the reception at the adjacent clubhouse, and Sean was able to... Read More capture the varying shades of dusk - my favorite time of day! We also were delighted that he included the exquisite floral decorations, wedding cake, dessert table, and other details, giving us a new angle to appreciate all these from. I particularly liked the music he selected/provided for the trailer - upbeat, modern, appropriate. For the full version, the editing was just right. He incorporated our song choices that turned out well. Truly, Sean's work has the stamp of quality and professionalism, a rare attribute that my husband and I can attest to and guarantee, being more-than-satisfied customers ourselves!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Bianca R

Sean and his team did an outstanding job filming our August wedding. His work is so creative and well done. Sean captured all the special moments with an artistic edge. When I was planning my wedding, the videography was something that I considered not doing at first--but now... Read More looking back at how fast the wedding day went by, I am SO happy that we chose to do it and we are even happier that we chose Kurtela Video because we will have the memory of our wedding to watch again and again. If you want an incredible wedding video and trailer to share with friends and family- look no further! Kurtela Video is the BEST choice! Simply amazing work!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Bianca R

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Taylor B

Sean did an amazing job with our video. I was so impressed that he was able to take footage from 8 hours and put it into a gorgeous, perfect video that completely captured the ambiance and emotion of the day. The video itself was wonderfully edited, and the lighting was perfect.... Read More I could not have been happier with my experience!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Juliann F

I'm so overwhelmed and grateful, I don't even know where to begin!!!! Sean Kurtela and his team were the most amazing group to work with! From our initial meeting all the way to months after the wedding, he always came with the perfect balance of professionalism and friendship... Read More that held a level of sincerity unlike other vendors! Looking back on my video, he was everywhere, catching every single moment, and yet I never felt his presence! He was able to capture EVERYTHING from the subtle looks exchanged throughout the ceremony, to the deep emotional moments all the way to the party aspect!!! I've watched my video more times that I could even count because it brings me right back to the best day of my life and makes me re-live it so vividly! On top of that, he's so fun and easygoing to work with! For all those Type A women out there, I'm right there with you... and we're tough cookies to please, so the fact that MY attention to detail was matched by his made me feel more comfortable and taken care of than I could have ever hoped for. I feel beyond honored and proud to see, first hand, the joy a years worth of planning brought to not only us, but all our family and friends IN REAL TIME!!! The final product he delivered will forever be my most treasured gift and I wouldn't change a single aspect of it! I can promise you, hiring Sean will be the best, most reassuring, stress free decision of this whole process and you'll look back on this special moment and be thankful you have it in this amazing form :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Christopher P

After looking at many videographers, we finally found Kurtela Productions. His work definitely impressed us. We needed someone to cover a full day with multiple locations and he pulled though. Sean did an awesome job of capturing each part of our wedding in our video. Sean was... Read More very responsive and easy to work with. It was a pleasure having Sean and his team as our videographer. We would highly recommend kurtela productions.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jaclyn M

Kurtela Video Productions was one of the best investments we made in our entire wedding. Sean and his team traveled from San Francisco to Santa Barbara to capture our day at the Four Seasons, Biltmore. The team was extremely professional and made us feel so comfortable... Read More throughout the whole day, I sometimes forgot they were even there! Shortly after our wedding when we received both the teaser trailer and full wedding video, we couldn't believe the moments they captured. Sean is a true artist with his work and we were so grateful to have him apart of one of the most special days of our life!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Katie K

I hired Sean for my wedding last year. Sean's shooters, Marco and Will, were very professional and you could tell in the moment how focussed they were on catching every detail. Our finished product is what really pushes this from a 5 star to a 10 star review. I have watched... Read More my video at least 100 times and still cry every time. My friends all rave about it and so many have shared it themselves because of how impressed they are with Sean's work. It is the perfect balance of showcasing our love story, day, the important people in our lives, plus all the details. I feel so fortunate to have this video.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Sarah Z

Sean was an absolute pleasure to work with! He is so professional, flexible and open minded to ideas while getting the shots he knows will be loved! What a true talent he has at generating raw emotion and love. Sean made us feel so comfortable and at ease, something that is so... Read More important on such a special day. He kept behind th scenes and never intruded, but at the same time caught all the perfect moments! What an honor to have worked with him!!!

2016-10-19T20:47:26 Response from the vendor

Thanks Sarah! Had a blast shooting your engagement video and cannot wait until your wedding next year :)

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jerrica D

Working with Sean was a great experience. Though he couldn't make it to our wedding because he had another wedding, he sent Marco and Elliott in his place and they were beyond amazing and so much fun to work it! We were absolutely in love with our 5 min. video Sean edited and... Read More put together that about 6 months after our wedding, I decided to have them do a full edit and a 20 minutes video. Marco ended up doing this for us and we couldn't be happier with the results. I surprised my husband with it and our Mom's for Mother's Day and they all were so overwhelmed with how great the final products turned out. I would definitely recommend them (and I have!) to anyone in the market for a wedding videographer!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Sarah G

Great finished product, and very responsive to my requests for a few tweaks. I also hardly noticed them during the wedding - very natural and unobtrusive approach to filming.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 January D

BRAVO!!!! If you want a cinematic video that captures all the special moments while invoking all the emotions of the day, Kurtela Video Productions is your videographer. Sean Kurtela and his team are amazing and easy to work with. After sharing our wedding video with family... Read More and friends three other engaged couples hired them in a heart beat and countless inquiries on who our videographer was. I love the fact that he personally edits and produces his videos so you know you will get the same quality video you've watched on his website. I HIGHLY recommend investing in a talented videographer like Sean! You won't be disappointed with the end product! Thank you Sean! Cheers Bud!

2016-10-14T19:38:28 Response from the vendor

Thanks January! You and Danni were great to work with!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 David A

FANTASTIC work by Sean and his team! My wife and I got married on May 30th 2015. Sean and his team were excellent from beginning and beyond. Sean was excellent to work with, he knows the importance of this once in a lifetime event and takes the precautions necessary to ensure... Read More quality work. Sean is professional and provides quality work. Be sure to inquire about his drone service, in a single word, ridiculous! Thank you for capturing our special day Sean, each time we view the video you help us relive that day! David

Reviewed on 9/09/2016

My husband and I painstakingly researched all of our vendors, and we can confidently say that hiring Sean and his team for videography was one of our absolute best decisions! He and his team were so professional, knowledgeable, relaxed, and fun to be around! Our trailer and... Read More full wedding video captured all of the day's most special moments, and bring us and our families to tears every time we watch it. We are so happy with Sean's work, and would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Kelly M

We trusted Sean and his team to do the videography for our wedding in June of last year. As my husband does professional sports video production for a living, we were especially particular about who we planned to select - I must have watched 100+ wedding highlight videos, but I... Read More kept coming back to Sean's. His wedding videography is the best I've seen - aside from the amazing video he captured of me and my husband, he is patient and observant, and is able to get shots of the venue and of your guests that you would have never seen throughout the day. He even does drone shots over the venue! His videos tell a story of the day, from start to finish. The quality of his videography is exceptional- you'll notice some videographers only include music, no audio - or some that may include audio but it's terrible quality. Not the case with Sean's work - the audio to video and music is seamless. And to top it off, he's a true gem to work with! We had a ton of fun with him and his crew the day of. Any asks we had for the video Sean included, and if there was a shot I wanted added after the fact, he made it happen. I recommend Sean and Kurtela Video Productions to anyone who asks...I can assure you you won't be disappointed!

Kurtela Video - The Best of the Best!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Maggie N

I'll start off by saying I could NOT be happier with my experience of using Kurtela Video Productions as the videographer for our wedding! Months before the wedding Sean was prompt with responding to my emails and phone calls and answering any questions about possible concerns I... Read More may have, as well as general questions about the process of using a videographer. Sean and his assistant Marco showed up on time, early actually, and were nothing but professional from the get go. He went above and beyond the day of the wedding to make sure to capture every moment of our wedding day to perfection. He worked well with the photographers and other vendors and even threw out ideas as to unique shots that he knew we would appreciate, like taking my wedding dress out into the vineyards to shoot it in the natural light! Being able to relive our special day from the moment I stepped into my dress until we said goodbye to our guests at the end of the night as bride and groom is an amazing thing that we will treasure for decades to come. Sean was by far one of our favorite vendors to work with and if we are ever in need of a videographer again, we will be sure to exclusively use Kurtela Video Productions. We cannot thank Sean and Marco enough!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Sean was competent, easy to work with, and one of our favorite vendors to deal with for our daughter's wedding. He went above and beyond to make sure that he did a good job capturing the special day. You won't be disappointed if you hire Sean Kurtela. In fact, you will be... Read More extremely pleased in every way!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Courtney K

Amazing wedding videographer! From the first conversation inquiring about his service, to following up after the wedding with a sneak peak of our video, Sean was completely professional, valued my time, and overall a wonderful person to work with. When you're planning a... Read More wedding, it's tough to find people that are both easy to work with and deliver a great end result, and Sean was both. Sean and his crew did a great job of being everywhere, getting shots of everything, but still blending in at our wedding. But, nothing beats the end result - the wedding video is absolutely amazing! He went above and beyond what my husband and I were expecting. Kurtela Video Productions was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Truly Impressed

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Robert W

At first my wife and I were unsure about a videographer. We were obviously new to getting married, and weren't sure whether a videographer would be within our budget, and furthermore whether it would even be worth it. Luckily, a member of the groomsmen mentioned he knew Sean... Read More from another wedding and that we should check him out....and I am so glad we did. Sean is truly a master of his profession. On the day of the wedding Sean was all over the place taking video of the wedding set-up, us getting ready, walking up to the church, etc. It dawned on me quickly that this wasn't Sean's first wedding, and he knew exactly what footage he was looking for... Which brings me to the final video. Sean's editing abilities on our final wedding video literally brought me back to the day of our wedding. He captured every special moment, and even a few we didn't catch. The video was truly beautiful and something we will cherish for the rest of our lives. Had we known Sean was going to be such a breeze to work with and produce what felt like a hollywood quality video, I know there would have been no hesitation to get a videographer when we first starting planning our wedding. Sean is truly a special videographer and a master of his craft. I cannot recommend him enough!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Carol P

This review is long overdue. I have the highest praises for Sean Kurtela's work. Sean produced a truly magnificent video and trailer for my July 2014 wedding in Woodside, CA. When I first met with him, I was primarily interested in just having the ceremony and reception speeches... Read More recorded; I was trying to keep wedding costs down so I figured I just needed a basic/no-frills video. Sean worked with me to keep the deliverables within my budget. What he delivered, though, completely exceeded my expectations. For one thing, he brought a drone camera to the wedding and captured the most amazing aerial footage of the beautiful venue grounds! The montage of video clips and music (of my choosing) that he put together perfectly captured all the emotion and the incredible vibe and experience of that day. It was exceptional technically, and aesthetically truly beautiful. Watching that video made me laugh and cry throughout -- it really allowed me to relive the happiest day of my life! I am incredibly glad that I chose Sean to make my video. I have gotten many compliments on it from my friends and family, and I am excited to share it with my kids when they get older. What's more, Sean and his partner were totally unobtrusive on the day of the wedding. They are a truly professional team. If you are in any doubt about whether you should hire a videographer or not, DO IT. It's totally worth it. It is completely different from having just photos. AND HIRE SEAN! You won't regret it.

Over-delivered and was my Favorite Vendor to Work With!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Tara R

Sean and his assistant videographer, Marco were a joy to work with!! I was a thorough bride and like to plan and my expectations from my vendors were for them to provide high quality work, but even more to show passion and excitement and to make me feel special. Sean and his... Read More team exceeded these hopes! I couldn't have been any happier with my experience! I re-watch my wedding trailer and the clip of our first dance the most as they are easier to digest, but having the full ceremony edited meant more to me than I could have imagined! As a bride, no matter how calm you are, it's very hard to fully enjoy the whole day in the same way that your guests and groom do. I was busy getting ready, being shuffled round and stayed hidden during the procession (naturally). Not only that, but so much happens that it's hard to remember or take everything in. It was an amazing day, but seeing the video afterwards (and I don't love watching myself on camera), was incredible!! It was a cost that I would not advise anyone forgoes. Worth EVERY penny and Sean and his team made the whole experience so special for us!

San Jose wedding

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Kiley L

Sean and his team were great to work with on the day of the wedding. Definitely not "in your face" but they captured all the special moments of the day. We really loved how the videos came out (we got the long and short version) and the drone footage was also a very cool... Read More addition to the video. The only complaint was that it took just over 7 months to get the final long video product, but he ended up giving us all the raw footage for our own use, which was much appreciated.

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Jackie P

Sean was a pleasure to work with. He takes a lot of pride in what he does, and it shows. The day of my wedding he was unavailable, so he had two other guys come that he frequently works with. They were so fun and everyone in the wedding party loved them. After Sean received all... Read More the footage from his team, he put together a five minute video recap of the day and I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out. I've used him for slideshows and other projects and it's always exceptional!

Reviewed on 5/22/2015 Gianna

I want to give Kurtela Video Productions a 1,000 star rating but seeing as how five stars is the highest I can go that’s what they get; but they deserve 1,000! When planning my wedding I found Kurtela Video Productions and knew instantly Sean was the person I wanted to capture... Read More this day. This speaks volumes seeing as how I didn’t plan on having a videographer and Sean’s work changed my mind. Sean’s artistic ability in telling a story drastically stood out from anyone else I found. No one compared. The day of my wedding I saw Sean briefly before everything started and then left him and his team knowing without a doubt they would capture this day. When watching the completed video I was crying, laughing and reliving every moment and emotion of that day. I was watching moments I didn’t realize they captured. It was as if cameras were everywhere capturing everything. Sean and his team did it. They told our story and blew my mind in how phenomenally they did it. In the words of one of my bridesmaids, “That videographer was worth every penny. That is FANTASTIC.” So, if you’re reading this review, hire Sean. Without a doubt this will be the best money you spend on your wedding.

Sean Kurtela

I have been editing and shooting video for around fifteen years. I have shot over 100 weddings. I pride myself on being extremely fun and easy to work with, offering several customizable packages to help you remember one of the most important days of your life. Whether you want the basics, or a cinematic production, the possibilities are endless.