La Brisa Photography

Tucson, Marana, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Marana, AZ Tucson, Marana, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Emily K

No words can ever express the amount of gratitude we have for everything Chris did for us before, on, and after our wedding day. We knew getting great photos was an absolute must when it came to prioritizing parts of our wedding. Little did we know we would get more than just... Read More amazing photos. We were impressed with Chris right off the bat. Immediately, we were struck by his kind personality and true passion for what he does. Chris is such a joy to be around, always there with a smile on his face. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Chris kept in touch asking how things were going and what he could do to help. It was not in his job description but he helped us plan our day. Chris went above and beyond with everything he did. When the wedding was about a month away, Chris asked if we could FaceTime to be sure he knew about any last minute changes and make sure we were feeling good about it all. Chris is someone you talk with once or twice and immediately you feel like he’s been a good friend for years. He gave us a feeling of comfort and made sure we knew he was going to take care of us on our wedding day, no matter what. Chris’s wedding and photography experience is remarkable. On the wedding day, Chris arrived bright and early with a smile on his face. Before the wedding and on the wedding day, Chris had emphasized the importance of enjoying time together as husband and wife on the wedding day. He explained that as soon as we walked out of the church, we would have many family and friends waiting to talk with us and that would continue for most of the night. Because of this, Chris planned a moment after the ceremony for us to be alone together. This was such a blessing. Chris had the ability to help us be intentional about spending a few moments here and there throughout the day to step back and really enjoy everything that was happening around us. The day was a bit of a whirlwind and flew by faster than either of us expected. A good majority of the day was spent in the way Chris had described. We could not be more grateful for that - we were so blessed with how many family and friends came to help us celebrate. But, because of Chris’s experience with weddings and his thoughtful, genuine personality, we were able to take little moments here and there to really step back, not let the day slip by, and enjoy it all together. Not only did Chris make us feel special, but he offered to take pictures of other couples at the wedding. Talking with many of them later, we heard how grateful they were for this. He also did not just pick a spot to have them stand and say “smile!” He had fun with them and was interested in talking with each of them. Chris took multiple pictures of each couple and made it about them. He is one of the most compassionate people we have ever met. The wedding day went very smoothly and we owe so many thanks to Chris for that. His attention to detail is extraordinary. He was a huge part of our day, and we will never forget the way he made us feel and the impact he had on our day. 8 months after the wedding and we continue to call Chris a good friend. We’ve had many friends and family members get married and found out quickly that is a pretty rare thing when it comes to a wedding photographer. We could not be more grateful to have had Chris photograph our wedding and still be a part of our lives.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Megan T

Chris from La Brisa Photography was our dream photographer from the start!! Not only did he capture our personalities to the T, he made us feel so comfortable and beautiful throughout the entire process. We relied heavily on Chris and his wedding day schedule to help us keep... Read More track of the day, and there wasn't a single hiccup. It was a blessing to have such an experienced photographer and genuine human being guiding and capturing our perfect day. We recommend La Brisa to all of our newly engaged friends and family because we know they will love him and their photos as much as we love ours.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Jade D

WOW, where do I begin? Chris has an incredibly beautiful soul, is passionate beyond measure and does a phenomenal job of articulating the importance of a marriage beyond the wedding day. He is a "plus-it," type of guy who goes above and beyond your expectations. From small... Read More details, such as initiating prayers throughout the day and remembering relatives names, to jaw-dropping, over-the-top photos; Chris was BY FAR the best investment we made leading up to our wedding. My wedding guests continue to rave about how wonderful Chris was, as his personality just lit up the room. I will truly cherish my photos and experience of working with him forever.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Kate B

When my now fiancé proposed, I knew one of the most important decisions I had to make during wedding planning was the photographer. Luckily, I knew just who I wanted to capture our special day – Chris and La Brisa Photography! I met Chris when he shot my friend’s wedding in... Read More Kansas in 2012. He was fun and personable, and the photos were fantastic. The more I saw Chris’ work, the more I knew he had the eye I wanted in the photos that would spark fond memories of our wedding for years to come. He uses light, texture and detail to bring out the emotion of an occasion. As I got down to wedding planning, I asked Chris what dates in April 2017 he had available. I was all ready to spend 9 months of engagement prepping for a wedding. Yet not more than 30 days into wedding planning I freaked out. My amazing fiancé handled a couple days of crazy while I debated options, finally settling on a much faster “surprise” wedding held at a family member’s home in Houston. Poor Chris probably thought I was nuts! Our decision to have our engagement party turned surprise wedding on September 18 was based on two factors – my fiance’s work schedule and Chris’ availability. And boy, it was worth it! Two Skype sessions later it was locked down and Chris was almost as excited about surprising our guests as we were! His availability to his couples, via phone, email, or even joining in at our friend get together the Saturday night before the “surprise” makes Chris a not only a phenomenal person but a superb secret keeper. The wedding day, Chris and his second shooter, Rebecca, were everywhere, shooting, talking to guests and even helping us stick to the typical wedding traditions. I believe Chris’ images speak for themselves – PHENOMENAL. Personally, Chris is a positive person to be around, smiling, offering a hand and sticking with the couple to shoot in a cattle pasture in 90-degrees AFTER shooting a full wedding! I can only say that if you want the best, go with Chris and La Brisa!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Carly P

CHRIS IS THE BEST! We were referred to Chris by the photographers who did our engagement pics but were already booked for our wedding day, they said if they got married they would ask Chris to do their photos- and now I know why!! Not only did he travel across country for our... Read More wedding but also took some pictures at our rehearsal dinner at our request, which was amazingly kind. His pictures brought out the beauty of the flowers/venue/decor but more importantly he seemed to capture the personality and beauty in each person as well. As a bride he relieved my stress by making me laugh (he is hilarious!!) but also made me feel beautiful. We received nothing but compliments from our other guests (and vendors) about him exclaiming he is the best photographer they have ever seen at a wedding. Furthermore, besides his obvious talent and fun nature he helped us with just the overall wedding process. He recommended when and how to get some alone time to ourselves just for 5-10minutes to reflect on how special the evening/ceremony is, which in turn made us slow down and really absorb our entire wedding. Also he helped with just random wedding stuff like helping my husband put on his bowtie, and suspenders (his groomsmen were a inept in that area), and quickly telling us how to cut the cake (you think you know how to cut a cake until your are peering at this multi tiered concoction with bejeweled cake cutters in your hand while slightly tipsy from all the champs). All around he is an amazing photographer and awesome guy. Highly recommend:)

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Caroline F

I would highly recommend Chris for engagement photography and wedding photography! He did an awesome job for both our engagement shoot and wedding day, and I wouldn't trade the photos for anything. One of the best parts is just working with him - he's responsive,... Read More understanding, patient, and hilarious. He made us feel so comfortable and we were able to relax and totally be ourselves. We laughed the whole day together! I just hope Chris had as much fun as we did :) Aside from his incredible photography and amazing attitude, one bonus I loved is that we received nearly 70 photos the day after our wedding, ready for us to download and share with the world. He even had some of these photos on an iPad available for viewing at our wedding reception, which was awesome to see. Chris is the greatest and I would hire him again and again for any photography needs in the years to come! Thank you, Chris!

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Kimberly C

Words cannot express how happy and grateful we are for Chris and his amazing photography skills. I met Chris a few years ago when he came to do some photography for the veterinary clinic where I worked and again at a good friend's wedding. I knew after experiencing the way he... Read More interacted with the wedding party and seeing his amazing photos, I was hooked. Chris isn't just a fantastic photographer, he is a fantastic person. When Ryan and I met up with Chris to take some engagement photos, he took great care of us. He took the time to get to know us and our story. He used that to help us relax and take excellent photos. I have never found myself to be photogenic and Ryan does not like being in photos. Chris made the session effortless. On our wedding day, Chris was another friend that shared in our day. He helped us plan the timing of the day, who we wanted to include in photos, and some special shots we wanted to take. He helped us stay on schedule and was loved by all of our friends and family. His ability to create awesome situations for photos, laughter and bring out our love was one of the best parts of the day. Chris also gave us wonderful advise about spending enough time with each other during the day and savoring particularly special moments. Chris is just wonderful all around. If you are looking for a highly skilled photographer with fantastic people skills, Chris is your man.

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Dustin B

Chris was the first decision we made because we knew that photos were the only thing that we would have after the whrlwind that was "The Wedding". My wife originally met Chris a couple months before our engagement at a wedding that he was shooting. She was a bridesmaid and was... Read More able to be exposed to the Chris-effect for hours. She wouldn't stop talking about how comfortable he made everyone, the manner in which he didn't "pose" people- instead he captured the natural moments, and the fact that his personality made him extremely relatable and fun. Once I met him, I was sold as well. He had an ora about him; one that has to be experienced to fully understand the magnitude of his being. Leading up to our day, Chris was in constant contact to ensure that he knew everything that we wanted/expected from him and that everyone was on the same page. On our wedding day, he made sure to get to know every member of the bridal party by name, ensured that everyone was comfortable in front of the camera, and was able to capture some very emotional moments without getting in the way of those moments. Chris has a knack for the details and is very intuitive. He was able to feel out the wedding party and get the shots that truly captured our interactions and images that are STILL breathtaking to this day. He also made adjustments to the timeline in order to give us more time for things that truly needed it- like giving a bow-tying tutorial to my groomsmen and our very emotional first look. He made sure that we were informed the entire day and that we were happy with the things that he was doing. Before the end of the night, Chris made sure that everyone was given a little preview of the amazing photos that he had shot throughout the day. We knew from Day 1 that Chris would deliver; however, he exceeded every expectation that we had! Our photos are fun, unique, and emotionally perfect. We will be clients for life! I recommend La Brisa to anyone and everyone!! Dustin/Stacy, KC/MO

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Heather M

I wish I could give Chris way more then 5 stars. He is not only an absolutely AMAZING photographer but he is a wonderful person! My dream was to have him be my photographer for my wedding because I have seen his amazing work and talk about a dream come true! On the wedding day... Read More he not only took beautiful pictures but tried his best to keep this chronically late bride on time, and all the time he had a smile on his face. He was and is just amazing. The final product was more then I could have imagined, he turned my rainy day wedding into something fabulous. I can not thank him enough for taking such amazing photos and making everyone feel fantastic.

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Sharon K

The wedding day flies by so quickly, it's hard to remember all that happened that day. But if we could attribute our wedding day happiness to one factor (you know, besides getting married to your true love) it would be Chris' presence at our wedding. He made us and our wedding... Read More party feel totally at ease and you could really, really tell he was enjoying each moment as we were and it never felt like he was just there to do a job. He went totally above and beyond so many times throughout the day (like laying in the damp grass to get the perfect angle!) and you could tell how dedicated he was to getting that perfect shot, without being forced or drawn out. He kept us on schedule more than anyone else but not in a rushed, hurried way. Everything had a personal touch - even the stylist was touched that he thought of her needing caffeine! Picking Chris and La Brisa was by far the best wedding planning decision we made and we'll be thankful for many more years to come.

Reviewed on 3/08/2016

I've known about La Brisa Photography for a few years and have always marveled at the quality and creativity in each picture taken. From then on, I envisioned working with Chris when the time came for myself to be married. When Jordan and I first got engaged my first objective... Read More was to see what dates in the Fall Chris had available. Yes, I was planning our wedding date upon his availability because his talent and passion he puts forth in each shot was evident and we wanted that for our treasured memories. To say that we were impressed is an understatement. Chris is easily relatable, fun, down to earth, reliable, and makes everyone in the room feel as though they are the most important person in the world. He made everyone comfortable throughout the day and brought out the best in each person. I remember throughout the entire day our entire bridal party and family laughing through each photo taken. It takes a lot for someone to genuinely get my mother to smile naturally and we have a handful of them, which I LOVE. One other thing I appreciate about Chris is his ability to capture the beauty in every single picture he takes. His different perspective sparks so much creativity than any other photographer I have worked with. Hands down the best decision Jordan and I have made. I can guarantee that anyone who hires La Brisa Photography will not be disappointed. I can truly say Chris became a friend to many by the end of our wedding night.

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Meghan M

From day one, I knew Chris was the perfect photographer for us. Jared likes to say he has "photo-phobia" which I knew was going to make engagement pictures difficult. The Royals were also playing in the playoffs during our engagement shoot which distracted Jared even more. Chris... Read More made sure to have the game pulled up on his phone and kept us updated throughout the whole shoot! This made Jared feel comfortable right away. Fast forward to right before our wedding and Chris was so on top of everything! I asked a few questions about what times would work best and before you know it, Chris had a timeline all worked up for the day of. Not only was that beneficial for me, but it also benefited the bridal party, family members, and friends that needed to know where to be at certain times. Chris also Skyped with me a few days before to get final details and discuss things I would want and not want on the day of. I let Chris know that I did not want a lot of formal church photos and requested that he capture more behind the scene and random shots. The day of, Chris was the BEST PHOTOGRAPHER EVER! From bringing donuts in the morning to the beautiful prayer that was said to Jared and I in the church to the kind words he left us with at the end of the night, Chris was simply AMAZING! I also cannot count how many people came up to Jared and I after the wedding and said how impressive and talented Chris was. Receiving our photos back was such a fantastic day! Chris was able to capture every special moment from our big day and so many special moments that Jared and I were unable to see! Jared and I could not be more happy with how the day went and how every photo turned out. If you are unsure of a photographer for your big day, don't book anywhere else! Chris is the BEST! - Meghan, Bride

Reviewed on 3/03/2016 Kathleen P

Chris Hsieh is an ARTIST! Sarah Gudeman is a photog gem! The thing that some brides do not realize is that your wedding day goes by SO FAST! You only remember bits and pieces, highlights, but even then, its like a dream. Chris and Sarah were able to catch all the moments from... Read More our special day. They truly can see what really matters to you as a couple and bring so much color and emphasis into those moments they capture. For instance Tin and I are huge on Phamly and Phriends (a play on our last name, Pham). Nothing means more to us than our family and friends. Chris and Sarah picked that up right off the bat, and really focused on that value. We are also, very light hearted, so of course Chris and Sarah captured some funny moments/on the verge of inappropriate moments as well. I am so completely happy choosing Chris, I look at my wedding photos all the time and still after a year I find moments I didn't know happened. Also icing on the cake was Chris was able to capture my husband cry, which IS AWESOME! #HousePham. A million THANK YOUs La Brisa Photography for capturing those moments we would have never witnessed if it wasn't for you.

Reviewed on 3/02/2016

Chris photographed our wedding and produced the best photos we could have ever asked for! Even in the months before the ceremony he was very accommodating and was sure to know exactly what we wanted out of our photos. He was able to capture our relationship and relationships... Read More with friends and family in the best possible way! He knew just how to get the wedding party laughing with REAL SMILES that captured who we all are. He captured all the wonderful moments that day without missing a beat and was a pleasure to have around. A year and a half later and we still get compliments on our wedding photos. I would recommend La Brisa Photography to anyone, near or far, choosing anyone else to photograph your life events would be a mistake! La Brisa Photography was the best decision we could have made!

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 Melissa C

Hiring Chris to be our photographer was both the easiest and best decision we made in our entire wedding planning process. I met Chris over 3 years ago when he photographed my best friend's wedding. As her Maid of Honor, I was around Chris most of the day and by the end of the... Read More night I considered him a friend. When I got engaged, I called him a few days later because I knew I wanted him to capture every second of my wedding day! He has an amazing way of connecting with people, making you feel beautiful in your own skin, and capturing every emotion on camera. He is extremely thoughtful and genuinely cares about you as a couple. We had many conversations and even a Skype date with Chris before the wedding where we were able to talk about all the unique shots we wanted, the precise timeline of our wedding day, and even received some helpful advice from Chris that we took to heart on our special day. Chris got to know the entire wedding party by name, stayed with us from start to finish, and had more than 30 amazing wedding photos available for us to preview before we left our reception. Chris is extremely talented, professional, reliable, completes his images on time, and will end up giving you more than you could ever have hoped for. I can't say enough wonderful things about Chris and La Brisa Photography! If you're in the market for a highly experienced, reasonably priced photographer who will put your mind at ease and exceed your expectations...look no further. My husband and I can't wait to use Chris for all of our future photography needs! -Melissa R., Kansas City

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Kimberly M

Our wedding day was the best day of our lives and Chris was a HUGE part of that. He made us feel the most love we've ever felt. I can't thank him enough for making us pause at all the right times to realize the impact of that 12 hours on our lives, for being the LAST thing we... Read More were worried about on that day, and for being willing to risk it all in the top of a convertible while Mike was busy driving AND kissing me! Chris is unmatched by any photographer. His faith, kindness, and talent shined through in everything he did. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He came in town as our photographer and left as our friend! Thanks Chris - we're still talking about you almost 5 months later :)

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Catherine M

Chris took both our engagement and wedding photos and we were not disappointed. We love every photo he captured and I appreciated that he really listened to what WE wanted. Not to mention he drove 2 hours super early in the morning so we could take our engagement pictures at... Read More sunrise. Chris was efficient and took time to get to know our wedding party and we all had a great time. Thanks for being part of our story!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Celeste M

If I could give Chris Hsieh and La Brisa Photography six stars out of five, I would certainly do so. Our photographs are unique and outstanding. Chris excelled at capturing every special moment throughout the day and managed to portray emotions in our photos that allow my... Read More husband and I to re-live the day each time we look at the pictures. Additionally, he set a schedule for the day that kept everything running smoothly and took a lot of pressure off my shoulders, which was priceless. Aside from his extremely high skill level, he truly felt like another member of the wedding party! He fit into the group with ease and was well-liked by everyone with whom he came into contact. He was hardworking, constantly shooting even on a day that had what I'm convinced was 110% humidity! Trusting our wedding photos into the capable hands of La Brisa was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day!

Chris from La Brisa

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Melania A

If I had to describe Chris Hsieh and our experience with La Brisa Photography I'd say spectacular. All our proceedings with La Brisa were done in a very professional and transparent way. Chris is not only an extremely talented photographer but also a wonderful person to have... Read More around. From the first hours of the day Chris brought lots of energy to the room, he worked extremely well with all the ladies crowding the room. He helped me keep on track timeline wise and even reminded me to put on my jewelry (in my nerves and fluster I forgot all about it!). He made it really easy to smile and truly captured the spontaneous emotions of the day in a beautiful way, definitely making you look good! He laughed with us, was so positive and just easy going, it was a joy to have him with us. Every single member of my bridal party felt very comfortable with him and every single guest I've talked to was impressed by his positive demeanor and amazing talent. Not only was Chris a wonderful person to have around, his pictures are breathtaking and he captured the beautiful moments of our wedding perfectly. We recommend him 100%.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/30/2014 Brittney D

We had Sarah Gudeman of LaBrisa as our engagement and wedding photographer. She was so great to work with (answering my many questions via email) and made sessions so much fun. Sarah suggested an impromptu photo outside during our reception, and it turned out to be our favorite... Read More picture of the day (if not ever!) We are absolutely in love with our photos and definitely recommend Sarah and LaBrisa!

So Much Fun!

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Alisha M

Sarah Gudeman was an amazing photographer. She was wonderful to work with and captured every moment possible. She was exactly what I was looking for in a photographer. I have photos from the moment the bridal party got together all the way to the last dance at the reception. I... Read More could not have asked for a more fun relaxing day and I have so many photos to tell the story. I would tell anyone to book Sarah and La Brisa Photography for their next event!!!

So Grateful!

Reviewed on 12/02/2014

Chris Hsieh from La Brisa Photography was a PHENOMENAL person to work with. His product is amazing - my husband and I were absolutely thrilled with both our engagement and wedding photos (as were our families). But he also makes the process so fun. He got along great with our... Read More wedding party and was so patient and engaging with our young nieces and nephews. We have so many beautiful pictures from our wedding day and yet I honestly can't even remember seeing Chris during the ceremony and reception. He somehow captures everything while just letting the ceremony and party happen! It was amazing! I am so grateful to have such treasures from the day. Thank you, Chris!!

Excellent Experience!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Erin T

Chris photographed our wedding and engagement pictures. He is so easy to work with and you can really tell that he loves his job. La Brisa came highly recommended by multiple close friends. We chose the middle-priced package with a second photographer, Bethany, who was also... Read More amazing! Chris answered so many questions from the start. We were emailing practically every night leading up to our attraction session, and he was so helpful. We absolutely loved the way our engagement pictures turned out! Chris takes a good mixture of basic and artsy photographs, which I was so happy about because our parents like the more basic pictures, but I love having the artsy ones in an album to make it more interesting. On the wedding day, Chris made the whole day better! Our families and wedding party commented countless times on how awesome he was! He knows how to pose people quickly and attractively, while making us laugh at the same time. Chris/La Brisa was pretty busy around and after our wedding, so it took a little longer to get our pictures back than expected. With that being said, it was worth the wait! We got almost one thousand pictures back on a USB drive to have forever! When choosing a photographer, that was one of our top priorities. The quality of the La Brisa photographers is outstanding, and we would recommend them to anyone!

Photography

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Jodie S

We had Emma and Bethany do our wedding. I couldn't have been more impressed with the professionalism and quality of their work. They were amazing and we absolutely love our pictures. They captured our day in such a special way. Definitely recommend the La Brisa team to anyone... Read More out there wanting to capture special shots from their wedding day!

Sarah captured our day perfectly!

Reviewed on 8/28/2014 Maria Z

I found Sarah when she was doing the photography for a friend of mine's wedding. I was at the Salon doing a breakfast bar and I recall being super impressed with how detail oriented she was. She was literally on the ground (in a dress--yet still proper) getting the EXACT shot... Read More she was looking for. She was so creative and so up beat the entire time. I researched NUMEROUS photographers trying to find the one that really caught my eye. I met with enough of them to know what I was looking for, and when I saw Sarah I was sold. Just watching her work, you can tell how passionate she is about her work! I contacted Sarah shortly after my friend's wedding to book her as our photographer. She was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was so pleasant and friendly, kind every step of the way, and so ORGANIZED. We stayed in touch throughout the planning process and got everything addressed ahead of time. I was able to pick the services I wanted, basically build my own photography package. She was so helpful. For the wedding. I could not have asked or imagined anyone doing a better job. She WAS OUTSTANDING! She took 1500 pictures!!!!!!!!! I had requested two photographers, so Stephanie was also there to help. She was excellent as well. They both had great ideas and really captured our day. They tolerated our wedding party as well, which truly could not have been an easy task! She got our pictures back to us in one month!!!! I thought this was awesome. By time we got back from the honeymoon, settled into the house, and organized our pictures were back and we were able to view them...ALL! I have so many wonderful things to say about Sarah and La Brisa, but this box only lets me type 2000 words, so I have to stop. All in all, both ladies were excellent. I HIGHLY recommend them. Pictures are OUTSTANDING. VERY Professional. VERY organized. Excellent service all the way around.

Start a Conversation!