Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Planning

22 Cachuma Village, Santa Barbara, CA (805) 688-7805

Terribly and sadly disappointed...

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 stephanie m

I'll start by saying how much I didn't want to have to write this review. I wanted to love my planner. Jill LaFleur was on almost all the preferred vendor lists in the Santa Barbara area. When my husband & I told her our budget she said that would be totally do-able. Looking... Read More back she was always telling us what we wanted to hear. So that's where it started, the budget. We felt ok w/her high fee b/c she made us believe she would help save us money by advising us on how to cut costs & b/c of her strong relationships w/vendors. None of that happened & as an additional punch in the gut, she gave us a budget that was 2.5x more than what we'd agreed on. We paid more for her "design" package when we should've only paid for her to be our day of coordinator as we never could figure out what she "designed." She did have great taste in vendors but we could've found them on our own w/a little digging. And she did initially correspond w/lighting, the florist & the rental co, which is evidently what the design pckg gets you but when she wasn’t responding in a timely fashion, that was more stressful than helpful. And I should say Dina, Jill’s mgr, corresponded b/c soon after we hired Jill, she handed us off to her. We were willing to overlook that until documents continued to be turned in w/typos, mistakes & were just sloppy which felt unacceptable considering what we were paying. At times we wouldn't hear from Dina for a wk! The only times we ever spoke to Jill was when we requested a call. Not once did they ever call us. We got so frustrated w/the gaps in communication we reached out to the rental co ourselves. Then Dina had the nerve to scold us for doing so. Then how about responding to us! At times we felt like our wedding was being held hostage. We couldn't make decisions b/c they wouldn't get back to us & when we did connect they weren't incredibly helpful. There was no advice on how to cut costs, if anything they kept wanting to add to our orders & no consulting on the design or our vision. It became clear they only wanted to do the bare minimum. My husband & I worked so hard on a lot of DIY & that coupled w/the flowers & candles is what ultimately made our wedding come to life like it did, not Jill. To be honest, she just placed things on the day of the wedding so again our regret is that we paid so much more for a design pckg when their services were ultimately more on par w/a day of coordinator. We were also disappointed in how some things were handled at the wedding. Some guests told us she’d said something about the option to pack things up that night! It wasn’t appropriate to even be having that conversation w/anyone when we’d previously agreed she would be responsible for breaking down & we’d pick everything up in the AM. This is the last thing you want your guests who are just there to enjoy themselves to be worrying about. Isn’t that why you hire a planner? It seemed like things were just carelessly thrown into boxes & bins. One of our expensive frames was missing the glass. We felt she should’ve been more on top of it & stuff like that should’ve somehow been communicated to us after the wedding. Communication in general is what was terribly lacking right up until the end. After the wedding, they didn’t bother to follow up, no update on how things went, where things were packed, what was left at the venue, nothing. I had to check in to get that info & even then the response was unsatisfying as was this entire experience sadly.

INCREDIBLE!

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Dana E

Jill was amazing to work with on our destination vineyard wedding! She made our wedding vision and dreams come true. Our wedding day, when we saw all of her hard work come together, we were blown away. She really exceeded our dreams for our wedding. She is super creative and has... Read More an amazing eye for style and design. She really brought to life exactly what look we had in mind. She also took care of so many details and kept me calm!

Review for Jill LaFleur

Reviewed on 9/11/2007 Sally C

Could not have done it without her! she made great recommendations for vendors, and the wedding was a dream come true -- it went off exactly as planned!

Start a Conversation!