La Jolla Ballroom

Coral Gables, FL

A Gem in the heart of Coral Gables..

Plan your wedding or event at this beautiful landmark. La Jolla is a gem in the heart of Coral Gables. An eclectic array of elegance available for weddings, quinces, corporate & special events! With over 20 years of experience, we provide all inclusive services and off premise catering.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

301 Alcazar Ave., Coral Gables, FL

Reviewed on 11/22/2013 Daniela A

Best Location Best Attention Everithig Was Amazing

Reviewed on 11/28/2013 Alejandra H

I loved everything about La Jolla, The venue, the people, the food. They make sure you don’t worry about anything on your special day. Maria was so wonderful, even with a newborn she was just a text message away. Thank you all!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Izabella C

Since the first time we had a connection. They where there for me when I called or send an email. Very helpful and I am very glad I picked la jolla. Couldn't have asked for a better place for my special day. On the day of the wedding I didn't have to worry about a thing. They... Read More had everything under control and the decoration was amazing. Best place I have ever been for a venue. The food was phenomenal. Great meat and people was serving two plates. Service very professional. Thank you la jolla staff for making the day a perfect one. Everybody was delightful and impressed of the wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Dunia H

Thank You for the excellent work La Jolla did to us in our wedding, you and you staff were professional .I could not be happier with the outcome of the excellent food and magnificent decorations. Thank You Rosario for all the great service that you and you staff provide to us... Read More I will choose this venue one more time! Thank La Jolla for making my dream day real!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 lirka A

Great Venue excellent food gorgeous flowers, Magical place Best place ever we had a great time at the wedding ... everything was perfect! As always, Staff did a fantastic job. In fact, I was blown away by the reception hall! When I walked in, I immediately thought "This is... Read More the most beautiful wedding reception I've ever seen!" The combination of white tables with cool white modern furniture, subtle neon blue lights strategically placed throughout, and huge gorgeous chandeliers It was amazing! The perfect venue for a wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Juan B

Thank you to La Jolla for making our wedding unique, we had a blast on the party with the best service, music and food. we recommend this places A++

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 KAROLL V

What an excellent place to have my wedding, everything was like I dream it, and more. Thank you Rosario for your time and special attention.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Antonietta M

I marry last 20th August of this year, here in la jolla, and was the most perfect day of all, I expend the most wonderfull evening, all was very organice, the food was amazing and all the things that they recommend was very nice, the music, cake and decoration was... Read More exceptional. Me case el 20 de agosto de 2015, y fue el día mas especial e importante de mi vida, quiero agradecer por la decoración y la buena organización del lugar, todos fue muy bien organizado por el lugar, la música y comida muy buena!, el único problema fue con el fotobooth que muchas fotos salieron oscuras, se ve que tuvieron un problema con la maquina ese día a la final actuaron rápido y solucionaron el problema, pero todo lo demás fue excelente.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Elizabeth V

Everyone was super helpful and very flexible. All was executed flawlessly.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

It is a beautiful venue. I highly recommend it. All my wedding dreams came true with their help. Their catering was great and delicious. Overall a very beautiful experience. I love everything about la Jolla.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Lorena M

To begin with, when I first entered at La Jolla Ballroom I fell in loved everything the floor the chandeliers and the spacious place .Everything seemed perfect for my wedding. I love how everything shine I knew this is the magical place that I need to get married. When the day... Read More of the wedding arrived I was just amazed on how beautiful my wedding looked. They did exactly what I want the delicious food they have an excellent chef they make they own food fresh and with great presentation. I had so many complements on my wedding day. All my guests loved Great staff and amazing and professionals vendors the place I would definitely have another event at this beautiful place La Jolla Ballroom

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Britney A

I must say that totally loved this place and that completely filled my expectations for my dream wedding. I have to Congratulate the amazing staff of vendors chosen by this exclusive and cozy venue located in Coral Gables. All of them made me feel so confident and relaxed about... Read More all the details on my wedding day. From the friendly staff, to the delicious catering, amazing decoration, beautiful flowers,cool DJ and last but not least my wedding planner the sweet and kind Rosario. Thank you so much La Jolla team for making my husband and I extremely happy on our special day. Britney Archer

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Diamela C

I had my wedding at this beautiful place in coral gables this magical place can make your dream wedding become true I had plan my wedding in less than 2 months my planner Maria Belen she was unconditional helpful they help me with all my needs since florist, Dj, Cake Lines ,... Read More Great staff , I would definitely recommend this beautiful and amazing place in Coral Gables

Our Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Daniela V

La Jolla Ballroom made our dream wedding come true. Words are not enough to express how satisfied we are with the service that La Jolla team provided. Ma Belen and Rosario did a great job helping us throughout the planning and on the day of Monica and Sandra did an excellent job... Read More making sure our guests, our family and us had a great time. 100% satisfied with all the vendors La Jolla partners with: catering, A touch of class rentals, DJ & MC Services by DJ Duni, Alas Flowers, E&M Sweets. Great location, great service and great team!!

La Jolla the best......

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

I consider the place and all employees completely excellent. When we got into the reception place everything was perfect, elegant and beautiful. Food and service were excellent, you didn't even have to worry about getting your drink, they were always there to replace it and... Read More attend you. They took care of everything even packing everything for the bride and broom when the party was over. You only have to talk to them and let them know what your expectations are and you'll be satisfied. If I ever need to organize a wedding party again I'll contact them again for sure specially because we live far away from Miami and we needed to trust them. All are guests were mainly from Canada and all their comments about this place and its people are excellent. Thanks again for everything (La Jolla Ballroom people) and wish you the best in the future. I will never forget names as Rosario, Maria Belen, Monica and Sandra among others. Yasmira M

La Jolla is a real Gem!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015

Great service, beautiful ballroom, great food, and most of all very affordable!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Orledy S

I have nothing but great things to say about La Jolla Ballroom and their team of vendors! I got engaged in October 2013 and started looking for a venue immediately thereafter, I went to several places in Miami but when I saw La Jolla I fell in love with the ballroom and the... Read More package was very appealing for the price and what it included! My wedding took place April 19 2015 and was a dream come true. Rosario was amazing to work with from closing the deal all the way though planning the details for the big day! Towards the end I also worked with Karina, who was present at my wedding as the event coordinator. Karina is very detail oriented, she had everything at my reception exactly as I had asked her. I only had to drop off my decoration and items to be used at my reception and she placed everything exactly as requested and beautifully decorated the day of. She was extremely attentive the day of my wedding, always near bride and groom and asking if we needed a drink, or if we needed help. At the end of the night she collected all of my belongings into the same box where I delivered them and handed them to my mom. I didn't have to worry about anything. The rest of Team La Jolla was also amazing, the flowers were BEAUTIFUL!!!! The linen variety to chose from in the package were fabulous, the cake was not only beautifully made but delicious too; my guests kept complimenting on how good it tasted. The DJ went above and beyond for us!!! DJ Duni rocked and put everyone to dance at our wedding: I mean EVERYONE!!! We had a blast!!! The bartenders and food were also a plus. If you want a perfect wedding, book with LA JOLLA!!!! I am blessed to have found this place and forever grateful for making my dream wedding an unforgettable reality!!

Fantastic Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

La Jolla ballroom was the perfect place to have my wedding. Maria and Karina were fantastic. From the beginning they told me -- don't worry, everything will be perfect for you - and it was. Every detail was just as we had imagined. My guests are still talking about how... Read More wonderful everything was - from the flowers to the food to the wonder ambience. It was truly a magical evening - a fairytale come true!

A wedding dream!!! Karen y Carlos

Reviewed on 2/16/2015 Karen D

La Jolla Ballroom transformed my dream into reality! That day was truly magical for us, we were stress-free and we were just enjoying our day! The exceptional staff made sure that we didn't need anything, they were so on point. Rosario and Maria Belen helped me so much through... Read More the planning. They made sure that I was pleased with every detail. They have such a nice venue, the food was delicious, DJ Duni was awesome, everybody had an awesome time. I couldn't be more pleased with La Jolla! They truly made everything perfect for us!! Thank you so much for everything!!!

My Daughter's Quinces

Reviewed on 2/10/2015

Excellent experience. The place is beautiful, the coordinator was amazing, the event was as planned. I had a vision and a dream and they made it true. The music coordinator, the florist, the servers, chef... Everything was perfect! The coordinator was amazing. She was skillful... Read More and knowledgable. Thank you La Jolla. Beautiful venue... Thank you!

Horrible Service! I regret having my wedding at this location!

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Tatiana M

My experience with La Jolla was horrible! I began working with Maria Belen who is extremely nice at the end of July 2013 beginning of August 2013. We paid the initial deposit to not lose the date on Aug 21, 2013. Unfortunately, she went on maternity leave in the beginning of my... Read More wedding planning. I called to get information and no one was able to help me. I was given the date that Maria Belen would return and that was it (January 2014). To make matters worse I kept getting emails requesting payment when details had not been given to me as to when things would be done or how. Finally Maria Belen was back. Mind you at this point it's January and my wedding was in June (less than 5 months before my wedding date). When I would call either the phone rang and rang or Maria Belen was never available to talk at the time. Day of wedding I requested red flowers, instead I got pink (I wish I could post a picture on here for all to see), The DJ was horrendous to say the least, Had a hard time speaking English, transition of songs was horrible (he had a horn, yes a HORN), Coffee and Tea was not provided when I have it in writing that it should have been, Wine was not served with dinner when I have this in writing as well, I chose a white fish with mango sauce but at the reception it was served with none or very little, My sign in was placed in the back of the room where it could not be seen, I had made a sign for the gift table saying thanks and it was placed by the sign in table, Before the wedding was over... I could see the staff taking tables and items before the wedding was over. All in all…I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. A wedding should only happen once, don’t risk it booking your wedding here.

All in One ...

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Jorge R

La Jolla met all of my client's expectations and was the right venue where to hold her birthday celebration. From its elegant decor, easy accessibility, and great customer service it is a venue where you get "All in One". The convenience of their "Packages" allows for ideal... Read More party planning and execution without the hastle that is usually associated with such. They looked after the best interest of my client and were very accommodating in our requests. The day of the celebration everything ran smoothly. Food was of great quality and abundant. The staff was friendly and very efficient.

My Dreamed Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

Thank You La Jolla for everything you did for us. My Wedding was on a Friday and I was worry about the starting time. La Jolla pleased me letting me start the event after 9:00pm so my guests can be there on time. They had no problem with the ending time. We had a buffet style... Read More dinner, everybody was happy with the portions! The DJ was also in charge of Bouquet Show and all the announcements!! My husband was happy with the bar service, we had an OPEN premium bar and an event Coordinator all night. Special Thanks to Rosario, Maria Belen, Vanessa and Karina. Thank you for all your help. After almost a year of planning, everything went just Great. My wedding was perfect! If you're looking for a personalized service, don't hesitate booking at La Jolla. Karen and Richard

Everything you'll ever need!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

From the beginning this venue always caught my attention but I thought it would be way out of my budget… boy was I wrong! They are exactly what I was looking for offering almost everything you need for an event in their packages! The event coordinator was extremely helpful... Read More throughout the planning process. The unique feature of the event was that I was able to set my own floor plan! The day of the event each person was greeted with appetizers previously selected, were passed around as well as drinks before the reception began. The party was amazing and the atmosphere so clean and I felt the happiest I had ever felt! I want to THANK La Jolla Ballroom for all their love and support throughout this whole process! You made my day the most special day!

Our Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Lily M

Where to start? I had my wedding at La Jolla Ballroom August 23, 2014. From the first day I contacted La Jolla, everyone was amazing, polite, professional, and just happy to help with any detail. They made the process extremely easy. No matter how many times I called or emailed,... Read More everyone was helpful and patient. Maria Belen was my wedding coordinator, she was always very involved and made me feel like everything was under control. This venue was truly all inclusive. The packages that the vendors included were amazing, and an upgrade was not necessary. This was very convenient because they have amazing things for any budget. The day of the wedding, they took my groom and I upstairs where we had a chance to take it all in. They had a table prepared with the appetizers we had selected and the most delicious signature drink (which they include as well). Maria Belen helped with my dress and had a smile in her face throughout the entire night. All my guests told me about the incredible service, the delicious food and drinks, and how welcomed they felt by the entire staff. DJ Duni was amazing and kept the party going throughout the whole night, all the guests loved his energy. The bartender made special drinks that my guests loved. The flowers by Wendy were beautiful, the cake by Cynthia was delicious. We also had the entertainers on stilts. I had been to other venues before, and when I read the reviews for La Jolla, I was a little hesitant because I thought it was too good to be true! But La Jolla exceeded all of our expectations, there is not another venue that compares. This will be my venue of choice forever. Thank you so much for making our wedding so special, personalized, and unforgettable!!!