La Jolla Ballroom

Coral Gables, FL

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

301 Alcazar Ave., Coral Gables, FL

Reviewed on 11/28/2013 Alejandra H

I loved everything about La Jolla, The venue, the people, the food. They make sure you don’t worry about anything on your special day. Maria was so wonderful, even with a newborn she was just a text message away. Thank you all!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Izabella C

Since the first time we had a connection. They where there for me when I called or send an email. Very helpful and I am very glad I picked la jolla. Couldn't have asked for a better place for my special day. On the day of the wedding I didn't have to worry about a thing. They... Read More had everything under control and the decoration was amazing. Best place I have ever been for a venue. The food was phenomenal. Great meat and people was serving two plates. Service very professional. Thank you la jolla staff for making the day a perfect one. Everybody was delightful and impressed of the wedding!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2013 Daniela A

Best Location Best Attention Everithig Was Amazing

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 luis m

I did my Wedding at LA JOLLA this past summer, and I am so glad I did! From the beginning they made me feel like family and I knew that my event was in good hands. For me and my girlfriend it was important that they included all and La Jolla did the ballroom was beautiful... Read More (spacious and extremely clean) the food was delicious on the day of the event and they took excellent care of my 200 guests. I would highly recommend this location for your next event! Thank You Rosario for a great service you and your staff did a great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Jose Antonio Z

La Jolla is a great place to have your wedding. The all-inclusive way, is the way to go. We didn’t have to go shopping around for flowers, liquor, catering, DJ, cake or decoration. They provide all the service and do an amazing job at it. The flowers and centerpieces were... Read More amazingly decorated, DJ Dunni (the house DJ) kept the party going all night long, and the cake was spectacular. The food can be improved but for us it was all about the party. Daniela, who is La Jollas’s wedding planner, is the best!!! She is sweet, knowledgeable, understanding, took care of us during the whole time before and after the party, and was able to advise us in every little detail. Overall, we recommend it 100%

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Elisabeth E

La Jolla was the perfect venue for a beautiful 90th birthday party for my grandfather. This party was just as special to me, if not more special, than my wedding. Maria and her staff listened to my vision and helped execute it beautifully. More importantly, Maria came to... Read More understand the special significance that this event had for me and she made sure every detail was in place as I requested, and even surprised me with a few details of her own that blended in perfectly. I worked with all of La Jolla's vendors, except their florist. Despite the fact that I had purchased a package that included flowers, Maria was able to fairly accommodate my request to work with my own florist. The vendors I did work with were all wonderful, especially the cake bakery and the DJ. On the day of the event every last detail was in its place, either ahead of schedule or on time because of the team effort of the entire staff. Maria attended and managed the event with the assistance of Armando who is the manager of the event staff including caterers, bartenders, servers, etc. Armando was extremely pleasant, serviceable, and accommodating, and made the party a truly wonderful experience. If food is the detail that is important to you, then you must know that La Jolla's chef's / cooks / caterers are second to none! The food was delicious and let's be honest, for catered food, that was a huge surprise. I definitely expected the food to be good, but it was excellent! Not your typical catered bland wedding food at all. My 90 year old guest of honor grandfather who is a self-proclaimed tough to please food critic (and does not have much of an appetite to begin with) absolutely loved the food! He ate so well at his party and thoroughly enjoyed every detail of his special day. I could not have asked for a better day. La Jolla is a beautiful venue, both charming and elegant, fully equipped with a first class event staff who will help turn your vision into reality.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016

We could not have chosen a better venue to host the reception of our wedding. From the personalized service to the exquisite food everything was perfect. Maria Belen is an amazing, patient, and dedicated planner that will assist you from day 1 at La Jolla Ballrooms. All of the... Read More staff: bartenders, servers, DJ can deliver five star service through professionalism and commitment. They make each guest feel special despite of their age. I am a very organized person that has a hard time letting go, but I trusted Maria Belen and her abilities and she delivered the wedding of my dreams. Every time you call even if is multiple times a day she is always patient, always kind, and always willing to help. Maria Belen will never tell you NO for an answer she will make it happen. My husband and I picked this venue for its proximity to the church we got married in, for its hardwood flooring (I dislike banquet space with carpet), its service since before we signed the contract, its beautiful exterior facade, and its modern floor plan. If you are looking for a wedding venue in Miami and want five star personalized service give Maria Belen a call, she will help you every step of the way and you will never feel overwhelmed!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Lorena P

In love with La Jolla Ballroom since I entered here the first time My wedding was July 2 of 2016 and all the planning was perfect My Wedding Planer was Daniela and she was the best All the vendors since the florist to the cake and Dj Also the food was delicious all my west were... Read More extremely happy, The day of the Wedding it was more than I expected am really thankful for all La Jolla staff they really are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Mavy R

I could not think of any other vendor that covers everything and makes your wedding day a dream come true! The staff and service was amazing and attentive during the wedding planning process and especially our wedding day! The food was amazing, the cake vendor was great, the DJ... Read More was so much fun and really worked with us to customize our reception. The florist absolutely made my vision come alive and took it up a couple of notches, he works wonders! Maria Belen, our day of planner and my go-to person throughout the planning process went above and beyond to answer any questions I had, help with any issues or requests and just made the whole process easier from how reliable and reassuring she was! I loved La Jolla and their professionalism.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Mafe Z

My experience at la Jolla was AMAZING! The staff and their vendors went above and beyond to ensure that everything was better than perfect on my special day. Especially Daniela Zapata who took care of me since day one to help me plan and coordinate my destination wedding. Thanks... Read More to Daniela and her team I was able to enjoy my wedding planning experience and have the best day of my life that surpassed my expectations. I would 100% completely recommend la jolla and Daniela for your wedding! The food, music, service, ambiance and everything in between was more than what I wished for and the guests were delighted as well! Thanks Dani - Maria F Zubillaga

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Gabriela B

My wedding was an absolute success! From start to finish, Maria Belen from La Jolla Ballroom made sure everything was exactly as we discussed. She went out of her way to accommodate our ideas and she also had great suggestions of her own, like our fun Mojito Bar! The hors... Read More d'oeuvres, cocktails, dinner, and bar selection were all spectacular. The vendors included in the package were fantastic and very professional to work with leading up to the Big Day! The saxophone player, Raul Guzman, during the cocktail played beautiful and was very entertaining, all of my guests couldn't stop talking about him. DJ Duni made sure everyone was dancing the night away and helped me create the perfect timeline for the wedding, he was amazing. The flowers by Ricardo Morales were so beautiful. He created the perfect ambiance in the ballroom with the center pieces. I was IN LOVE with my bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets were also gorgeous. Our cake was elegant and delicious by cake designer Cynthia at E&M Sweets. Lastly, A Touch of Class provided the linens which brought it all together. I cannot thank everyone enough for making this special day so perfect and fun. I highly recommend this venue for any event. THANKS AGAIN!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Ashley N

I originally had a destination wedding planned and we had to cancel it, so I had 4 months to scramble and find a venue- La Jolla was incredible from day 1. I am so glad I chose them for my wedding. The food, alcohol, party, dj- everything was incredible. I loved that they let... Read More you use your own vendors if you wanted to OR you could use theres (example: photobooth/photographer) We would get married again there in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Ana T

Affordable and Beautiful ballroom in a good location. The food was really good. Daniela (the coordinator) was super helpful and friendly. I'm not giving 5 stars because some of the vendors they work with don't deserve a 5 and there were some minor flaws.. The linens appointment... Read More was a bit slow and the person in charge didn't know what she was doing or she wasn't interested in being helpful at all. The food tasting could have been better as well, they will only have you try a few options that you choose from their menu. The cocktail hour space is very small (and I only had 80 guests) and not so many chairs were available so I received complains about this since the cocktail hour got extended 30 mins and people were tired of being standing and in a small place. These things can definitely be improved. Overall I'm very happy with my choice since I had a beautiful wedding there.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Rosali C

Best quality of service and food! I could've have asked for a better staff. Everything was beyond perfection. Highly recommend La Jolla Ballroom for your wedding day :)

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Annette C

Our wedding reception was perfect and exactly what we asked for. Maria Belen was always available and very professional. We could not vision it any other way!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Emily S

Wow!!! Thank you so much to the staff that made my experience so worry-free and exciting, especially to Daniela Zapata for always communicating with me about everything. From the bottom of my heart, I recommend La Jolla Ballroom, they truly outdid themselves to make my day... Read More special. We had so many compliments on everything, especially the yummy food. Recommend 100%! Happy Engagement & Good luck, Emily Bermudez

2016-06-08T14:50:14 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure to assist you and all your guests... Love, Daniela

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Michelle P

I am one happy bride! I had the opportunity to sneak a peek into my ballroom while it was empty for pictures and I was floored! I think I was without words. Everything was absolutely beautiful, everything was executed exactly the way I planned and yet my expectations were far... Read More exceeded. Maria Belen was a pleasure to work with! She was always ready and willing to help, she is genuine and professional. She made sure everything was perfect on my wedding day. Rick Morales, one of La Jolla's vendors, really outdid himself with my flower arrangements. They were jaw-dropping beautiful and wtihout hesitation helped with placing table numbers on the vases. DJ Duni, another vendor from La Jolla, did an amazing job! Absolutely everyone was out of their chairs and dancing by the second song. My husband is American and I an hispanic, with our families combined, the diversity in music was very important. It is evident that DJ Duni is experienced and passionate about his work, he kept my guests on the dance floor all night. Last but not least, I heard excellent reviews from my guests about the food. They raved about every single aspect of my wedding. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect day. I want to thank Maria Belen and La Jolla's team for making that day the best and most effortless day in my life!

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Carolina R

La Jolla their staff and their vendors went above and beyond to ensure that everything superseded my expectations. It was a perfect night to remember; great food, service, music and ambiance for an unforgettable evening. - Carolina Ferreiro

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Alicia C

Our wedding was perfectly hosted by La Jolla , their team showed professionalism and good attitude throughout the event. Comments from guests were all great and the food was delicious! We would choose them again without a doubt.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Angeliki P

Our experience with La Jolla Ballroom really exceeded our expectations. The food was excellent including the appetizers and bar service. Anything we requested, they were very accommodating. Our wedding coordinator Maria Belen made all the difference to be honest. From day one... Read More she made us feel special and was genuinely excited for us and our wedding. She was able to make things happen - seamlessly and smoothly. We feel that because of the wonderful staff and direction of Maria, we had a great experience with our reception. We even had our own waitress solely dedicated to us the bride and groom.... Which we loved. At the end of the night, the LJB team packed up all our belongings, decor , items etc neatly and helped us load in our limo. We recommend anyone to have an event at La Jolla - it really is a gem in the heart of coral gables!!!

Reviewed on 2/16/2016

Absolutely loved this venue for my daughters quinces. My experience with La Jolla Ballroom was excellent, they helped me plan out everything perfectly in less than 2 months. The staff was very respectful. The party couldn't have been any better!!

Reviewed on 2/10/2016 Jacquelyn L

We recently had our wedding at La Jolla Ballroom. We had a couple hiccups with them, that made things stressful. However, on the day of the wedding, everything turned out perfect. They had everything out and placed just like we wanted. Maria Belen was very helpful and a... Read More special thanks to Sandra, who made sure we were fed, had drinks, and had all of our things packed up at the end of the party. I gave them 4 stars and not 5, mainly due to the issues we had in the planning process, however, they delivered as promised.

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Meagan H

What a wonderful place to have a wedding reception. From the beginning, they were easy to work with. They help you with each step of the process. The result was beautiful and all my guest cannot stop raving about what great time they had. I would highly recommend this venue to... Read More anyone!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016

The best place to do your wedding! They help you in every step of the way. The place is beautiful and it has accesible parking. The staff is great and they cater to your every need and always with a smiling face, it is great to see people that enjoy their work. I would... Read More definitely recommend this place, specially if you are not using a weddingg planner. Thank you La Jolla for making my wedding day the best day !

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Dunia H

Thank You for the excellent work La Jolla did to us in our wedding, you and you staff were professional .I could not be happier with the outcome of the excellent food and magnificent decorations. Thank You Rosario for all the great service that you and you staff provide to us... Read More I will choose this venue one more time! Thank La Jolla for making my dream day real!!