La Jolla Shores Hotel

La Jolla, CA

Book Your Wedding with La Jolla Shores Hotel

A BALLROOM IN LA JOLLA, CA

Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, La Jolla Shores Hotel is one of few hotels in the San Diego area that's situated right on the beach, making it a spectacular spot for a seaside wedding ceremony, reception or rehearsal dinner. Offering both indoor and outdoor event spaces, couples many options to choose from when crafting the flow of their wedding celebration.

The beach is just a few steps outside La Jolla Shores Hotel and is the venue's most scenic spot for an outdoor ceremony or reception. Set up theater-style seating on the beach's soft sands and say "I do" with the infinite sprawl of the ocean as a backdrop. The beach also makes a great area to host a roofless outdoor reception.

The Garden Patio —located right off of the beach—features an open, terraced ceiling and a tranquil fountain. Surrounded by lush flora and paved with Spanish Saltillo tiling, The Garden Patio offers 3,500-square-feet of space and is ideal for a ceremony or reception of up to 200 guests.

La Jolla Room and Patio is a banquet-style setting with vaulted ceilings, bright windows and elegant chandeliers. Located on the first floor of the hotel, the venue offers an open-air patio with an ocean view. Up to 60 guests can be seated in this room, while up to 150 guests can be accommodated with use of the patio.

The Acapulco Room is on the hotel's second floor and has a dramatic wall of windows that look out to the beach. The Acapulco Room also offers a tri-level terrace that gives guests a panoramic view of the Pacific, making it an ideal spot for a casual or intimate reception. The space can be divided into two smaller rooms, if desired.

The Shores Patio is an oceanfront setting characterized by tropical landscaping and event flexibility. Providing the option to host an event using both indoor and outdoor space, The Shores Patio can accommodate parties of up to 200 guests.

The Aztec Room is a 600-square-foot boardroom-style facility. Its double doors open up to a veranda, giving guests a view of the courtyard. The Aztec Room is a spot for a modest and intimate gathering, such as a farewell brunch on the morning following the wedding.

La Jolla Shores Hotel offers in-house catering with the option of putting together a personalized reception menu package, or choosing from among some tried and true buffet themes. For example, couples loving Italian food can opt to serve their guests such favorites as tomato soup, Tuscan style slow braised beef, linguine with clams, and classic cannolis for dessert. La Jolla Shores Hotel's Baja themed buffet includes crowd-pleasers such as Baja tortilla soup, ceviche, mini carnitas tortas, and tres leches cake. Additional buffet themes include Shores, Californian, and Pacific Rim creations. The wedding reception menu packages all include the following components.

• Three choices of passed hors d'oeuvres
  • A plated or buffet dinner
  • Two bottles of wine per table
  • A sparkling toast
  • A wedding cake
  • Coffee

There are a number of bar packages available at different pricing tiers, with options for per-hour or consumption-based fees. Additionally, couples can choose from among a number of available dessert enhancements to offer guests in addition to—or in lieu of—traditional wedding cake. These include such treats as the following list.

• Cream-filled cupcakes
  • Cherries jubilee
  • Ice-cream sundae
  • Candy bar

Included in the wedding reception packages are a parquet wood dance floor, white linens, china and silverware, as well as tables and chairs for up to 150 guests. There is a 50-guest minimum for weddings at La Jolla Shores Hotel

Excellent service is one of the biggest perks of hosting a wedding at La Jolla Shores Hotel. Couples who have hosted their weddings here rave about it. One reviewer says that she "would give them all a high five and a hug" if she could, while another writes that the "whole team went above and beyond in every way."

Like Love, the View Goes on Forever

La Jolla Shores Hotel is one of the only hotels to offer wedding ceremonies directly on the beach in San Diego. It's the perfect destination for ceremonies, receptions and rehearsal dinners, featuring both indoor and outdoor banquet venues, 128 guest rooms and a variety of activities.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

8110 Camino del Oro, La Jolla, CA (800) 653-8066

THE DAY OF WAS BEAUTIFUL!

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 jessica b

I booked the La Jolla Shores Hotel roughly 15 months prior to my wedding. I absolutely loved the venue and it fit my vision perfectly. That being said, it wasn't the smoothest road working with them; there was lots of frustration and even a few tears. However, it was all worth... Read More it! My wedding turned out exactly the way I wanted, the food was fantastic, and my guests had awesome time!

Absolutely beautiful place for a wedding!!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Jessica F

I highly recommend this hotel for a wedding! They were so helpful throughout the whole process, and the wedding was GORGEOUS!!! Jennifer Nesovic is a great contact, and she made the whole thing go up without a hitch. LOVE LOVE LOVE this venue!!!!

Beach Wedding

Reviewed on 5/06/2012 Linda W

I can't say enough wonderful things about La Jolla Shores!! My beach wedding was amazing and everything came together so smoothly. Kristen and Alyssa were a pleasure to work with and everything exceeded what I had pictured in my head. They were very reasonable and everyone... Read More had such wonderful things to say about the wedding and reception. The food was outstanding and everything seemed to flow so easily! I highly recommend this location to any future bride!! It is very relaxed and comfortable. We knew it was the place when we pulled up to the front of the hotel.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Melissa M

I have been going to La Jolla Shores Hotel with my family, since I was a little girl. My husband purposed to me outside of the hotel on the beach, so having our wedding at the hotel was ideal! What a beautiful venue for a wedding and reception. The staff is amazing and... Read More everything was just perfect!

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Hailey D

We live in Arizona and had our wedding and reception at La Jolla Shores Hotel. Alyssa was extremely helpful during the planning and made it easy to plan from out of state. Our ceremony on the beach was beautiful and our reception on the Shores Patio was amazing. The catering... Read More team did a wonderful job making everything perfect for our special day. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

Gorgeous Spot to tie the Knot

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Randi T

My husband and I wanted to have a beach wedding and after checking out quite a few venues, including Hotel del Coronado, we chose La Jolla Shores for a few reasons. Location: This is a great location for wedding weekend, it is near plenty of brunch spots and great coffee... Read More shops. I was able to walk to a nice, healthy breakfast with my bridesmaids and we also worked out at the hotel gym and went for a relaxing walk on the beach. These activities helped me feel centered and calm for the big day. It’s a nice destination for those traveling for the wedding and the hotel made so many accommodations for our out-of-town guests. And of course, the beach ceremony and patio reception were hands down the most gorgeous spots I’ve seen. It exceeded our expectations when all said and done. Overall Convenience: Our food, cake, beverages, linens, seating, and other routine items were all provided by or through the hotel on our contract. This left very little for us to do as far as outside vendors are concerned and it made for a very easy wedding day. Food: The food was very delicious and the cake that came with our buffet was actually better than the cake made through a baker the hotel contracted with. Everyone raved about the carrot cake. The wine and champagne included in our package were also decent. Service: The hotel was very easy to work with and even helped us to get two specialty kegs of beer for our night from local breweries (we are beer fanatics). And for the most part, the hotel did everything they agreed to do and then some. The staff was polite and easy to work with. The cons: There were only a few downsides I wish The Shores would work on… They do not provide a room for the groom to get ready in. We had to ask and they offered a conference room, which worked out fine, but the event planner did not communicate that to the front desk so day of we had to explain everything and eventually the staff gave my husband and his groomsmen the space. The planner was off on the day of our rehearsal, which was fine, but she did not tell any other staff we would be there or explain what we should do (like how we couldn’t practice on the beach). It was a minor inconvenience. We had also asked for special seating for a family member who cannot walk on sand and while they were happy to allow them to sit on the concrete just behind the sand, they forgot day of and our coordinator had to save the day and find someone to set up the chairs. The other minor item was that the complimentary champagne and fruits for our wedding night got delivered on the night before… so they were a nice snack for me and the girls instead of a wedding night treat. But all in all, this venue was amazing. The views, the willingness to help, the food, and the all-inclusiveness of the packages is really tough to beat. We loved having our wedding here despite the minor cons and if we had to choose all over again we would still pick La Jolla Shores.

Champagne Brunch

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Dvora G

The guests raved about the food and the space and view were lovely. The price was good for our ceremony & champagne brunch on the patio. They did not put out any umbrellas despite the bright midday sun and began cleaning up the buffet before the event was over.

Wedding Hotel rehearsal dinner and accommodations

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Gabriella C

My family, friends, and wedding guests loved having our wedding rehearsal dinner in the beach at such a beautiful and serene location. Everyone loves the rooms and services thought their stay!

Our Wedding Day was Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Sara C

We were so thrilled at how our wedding day turned out - and the effort that The Shores staff put into making our stay/wedding perfect. The staff was incredibly helpful! We were looking for the 'whole package' when it came to a beach wedding - and this served us perfectly. Our... Read More wedding was only about 50 guests, so we opted to have the ceremony on the beach (of course), cocktail on the garden patio and reception in the Acapulco Room. Absolutlely divine! Thank you for making our special day the absolute best day it could have ever been! Extra thanks go out to Suzy, Alyssa and Alex! Amazing ladies, thank you! We highly recommend this venue if you are looking for something classy and easy!

A Few Hickups

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Sheryl S

So.. I would like to give them a a bad rating because they where supposed to keep the bar open for me and my guests after the wedding. We told them from the beginning that we want a place our friends can go to and not have to leave to find another bar. They said they would keep... Read More the bar open, but on the wedding day the bar closed. My groom and I begged and begged and said we would do more than just meet the minimum, we would pay the staff personally to stay open. But they did not, even the staff seemed fine with making the extra cash. Other than this it was a wonderful and beautiful wedding. I think they should suggest the larger room for the bride and groom, especially if the girls are getting ready in the brides room. We just didnt have enough room, they should let everyone know to get the beachview with the kitchenette. The wedding was great though other than this. All my guests loved the food and it was a lot of fun, thats why I gave it a four. The coordinatores at the hotel need to communicate better with eachother to not let hickups happen. But it was beautiful and delish. If you get married here, make sure you see ALL your details in writting, including the bar staying open!

get EVERYTHING written DOWN, does not honor all pr

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Ashley S

I planned a destination wedding, visiting the site only 3 times. We fell in love with the venue and it was a perfect beach wedding for us. However, over the course of a year, our contact changed 3 times. Every time the person changed, something in our 'contract' changed. Small... Read More details changed that were not in the contract. Be sure on include EVERY LITTLE THING with these people. The time they tell you that you will be able to set up, what qualifies for a vendor meal and if that includes ALL options or just pasta, chicken, etc. Whether or not they are treated as a guest or have to eat seperate from you reception. They did not honor somethings that had been originally promised to me and 1 week before my wedding dropped the bomb on me that because of that, I would have to pay an extra $500. They also do not have a space to get ready, only give you a room that is comp'd. This would normally be okay but for large parties I suggest getting two rooms - we were way to cramped and it was stressful having so many women in one room. I would recommend it this only because it was beautiful and I had amazing family and friends to help me, had I been relying on the hotel - I would have been screwed. The front desk staff were wonderful and very accomodating.

Awesome place - not such good management

Reviewed on 5/01/2012 Sitara s

I LOVE this hotel for my wedding. It's right on the beach in La Jolla and so gorgeous! The one thing that really turned me off though was the catering department - theyw ere disorganized, did not follow any instructions and were quite a pain to work with.

Wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Vanessa M

We absolutely loved the staff, front desk, and catering managers assigned to our wedding. They were friendly, helpful, timely, and oh so nice! We had the best experience, and the day of our wedding went very smoothly, and we love the food! The overall atmosphere of the... Read More hotel was this wonder understated elegance, but with an eclectic charm, and homey feeling. We had a wonderful experience, and stay at the hotel, Thanks again! Love Jeremy & Vanessa

Best Venue

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 Michelle J

Above and Beyond expectations. Service and staff we wonderful.

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 11/06/2010 Robin S

I was couldn't be happier with my choice of venue. They staff at this hotel is the best and the location can't be beat. It was amazing!

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2010 Stephanie L

Lisa is the corrdinator there and she was amazing!! The hotel was amzingly nice and helped with the clean up once the wedding was over. It is a great place to have your wedding because everything is there!! You stay there and get married there and all your guest can stay too!... Read More They also give you a group rate for your guest and the bride and groom a free night with ocean view! The wedding had to end at 10 but there is a roof top where all the guest went after the reception and had a blast up there talking and enjoying the AMAZING night and the sound of the waves in the background! AMAZING!!

Ceremony & reception venue

Reviewed on 10/15/2010 REINA D

Getting married at La Jolla Shores Hotel was a dream come true! We were married right on the beach; at the reception, the sun setting behing my husband and I set off the mood for dinner service perfectly. Working with Lisa, their catering manager, was so easy to work with, very... Read More helpful and professional. The food was amazing, all the way from cocktail hour to the soup and salad to the main course! What an amazing venue!

Perfect

Reviewed on 8/26/2010 Sarah S

This was exactly what my fiance and I were looking for in venue; ceremony right on the beach sand with cocktail hour on a deck overlooking the ocean and reception in the room attached. The service is amazing and the whole visit everyone there made us feel like royalty. The... Read More catering and sales manager is very sweet and helpful. Everyone loved our venue choice and those who stayed at the hotel were very pleased with the service as well. We paid for the wedding ourselves and had around 50 people attend so the pricing was perfect and we got way more than we paid for! Love, love love it.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 5/27/2010 Calee S

We hosted our ceremony and reception here. It was pricey but well worth it. Stephanie was very helpful. We were pleased with the service and overall had a great experience, as did our guests. My only complaint is that the event planner had a family emergency the day of our... Read More wedding, and the back up planner wasn't as attentive or helpful. She neglected a few details of our wedding and was not around when we needed her. However, overall, a great place to have a wedding/reception.

Review for La Jolla Shores Hotel

Reviewed on 9/21/2008 Ericka B

Loved that it was beach side and had a tropical feel to its patios.;summer heat bring hand fans