Laguna Gloria - The Contemporary Austin

Austin, TX

Book Your Wedding with Laguna Gloria - The Contemporary Austin

A BEACH IN AUSTIN, TX

Laguna Gloria - The Contemporary Austin is a special event venue located in Austin, Texas. It has an elegant European ambiance that makes guests forget they are just minutes away from downtown Austin. It is situated on a 12-acre lot with a semi-private lake, featuring a historic villa that was originally built in 1916. The main space in this venue is outdoors, but there is also a small indoor area. It can accommodate small to medium sized wedding parties.

Driscoll Villa is the main indoor space at this venue. Its architecture is classically Mediterranean and it is located so that the front of the villa faces the lake. Only one floor of the villa is available for rent and it has enough room to seat up to 70 people or to accommodate 100 people for a standing-room-only function.

The Temple of Love Gazebo is located on the lush lawn surrounding the Driscoll Villa. It offers partial views of the lake as it is shaded by a copse of mature trees. This gazebo is a popular site for wedding ceremonies, because it raises the bride and groom off the ground slightly, allowing their guests to have an unobstructed view. The pillars of the gazebo perfectly frame the couple as they exchange their vows. The space around the gazebo can accommodate around 150 people.

The Four Seasons Garden is a lush environment dominated by a meticulously maintained lawn. This lawn is cut through by stone paths that make it easy for guests to wander freely around the space. The garden features a fountain and original statues imported from Venice. It can accommodate

Laguna Gloria - The Contemporary Austin has an open vendor policy. This means that wedding parties are allowed to contract the vendors of their choice for catering, beverage services, photography and entertainment. However, all vendors must be approved by the venue prior to the event and they must be licensed.

Wedding parties who want to play amplified music outdoors must have their music or their band pre-approved by the venue. The volume limit for music is 80 decibels. All music must stop by 10 p.m. on weekdays and 11 p.m. on weekends.

Rental fees for this facility vary depending on the season and the size of the wedding party. Weddings held during the late spring and summer are typically the most expensive. The time allotted for weddings at this venue is from 4 p.m. until 1 a.m. This time limit is firm and it includes setup and cleanup times. Because of this, the actual event cannot start earlier than 5:30 p.m. and it must end by 11:30 p.m.

Laguna Gloria - The Contemporary Austin is a beautiful lakeside venue and it offers wedding parties a number of useful extra perks.

• Golf cart available
  • Sound equipment on-site
  • Wi-Fi Internet connections
  • Setup and cleanup services available
  • Direct access to the lake
  • Boat rental services nearby

Stunning 1916 Italian Inspired Villa and Gardens!

Located only five miles from downtown and right on beautiful Lake Austin, Laguna Gloria is a historic landmark site featuring contemporary outdoor sculptures by renowned international artists, a stunning natural landscape, and historic ties to Texas culture, perfect for ceremonies and/or receptions. Laguna Gloria was recently named the Best Wedding Venue in Austin (2015) by The Knot.

Waterfront, Garden, Estate, Museum, Historic Venue, Park, Temple, Tented

Laguna Gloria, The Contemporary Austin, Austin, TX (512) 458-8191

Stunning venue in a dream location

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Julie G

Laguna Gloria is truly a stunning location to have a wedding. We had ours outdoors in mid June 2014. Even in the intense heat, the villa and grounds were remarkable. Not only was the LG staff unbelievably helpful from start to finish, but our guests could not stop talking... Read More about how special the venue was... and I agree! We had our ceremony overlooking Lake Austin and then ate at farm tables on a beautiful gravel path as the sun set. Our guests danced on the villa patio and also were free to roam multiple romantically lit paths. 5 stars all around!

Beautiful and Unique

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Sarah C

We just celebrated our wedding ceremony and reception at Laguna Gloria on Oct. 3rd, 2015! It was the perfect venue for us, mainly for the beautiful and unique grounds and views of Lake Austin. The building itself is also quite historic but mainly served as a back drop as we were... Read More primarily outside. There was also a sculpture exhibit that added to the unique-ness of our wedding. We worked with approved vendors which helped narrow down our food, beverage and cake options and made things a lot easier. Also, an approved wedding coordinator, 36th St. Events, has planned many weddings at Laguna, and they knew all the ins-and outs. We had a sit down dinner with buffet stations that everyone was quite impressed with. We were able to have a DJ on site with a very intimate dance floor on one of the porches. We added a lounge on the adjacent lawn for additional seating next to the dance floor. The lighting was also very romantic. For an average size wedding (150 people), Laguna Gloria is a wonderful option! You are in the heart of central Austin, but is quiet and almost feels out of town. Very convenient to MoPac and nearby hotels in North Austin (or South if you wish). Ceremony as well as dinner locations can be designed any way you want and they all would have breathtaking views! Great value and quality!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Erin S

I had my dream wedding here - so incredibly magical and gorgeous!!

Stunning venue

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Kelly C

This is exactly what I wanted when I started envisioning what my wedding would look like. I knew I wanted something outdoors and naturally beautiful so I wouldn't have to bring in a ton of extra decor. I prefer more of a natural elegance and this definitely delivered. We... Read More chose to have our ceremony in the amphitheater and the reception was out back behind the building overlooking the lake. It was perfect as our guests got to walk through part of the trails when leaving the ceremony to head to the reception. One thing to pay attention to is the total cost of the venue as there are a few extra fees than what you may expect as this isn't your typical wedding venue. Overall it's a beautiful place and also photographs extremely well. What my husband and I love is that we can come back and visit it anytime we want as it's open to the public during the day. We'll have to come back in the future and get a picture, possibly with kids, in the exact spot where we said 'I do.'

Beautiful and Classic Scenery

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Steph S

Laguna Gloria is second to none when it comes to serenity and beauty. The Temple of Love provided the perfect site for an intimate ceremony under the shade of live oaks on the water's edge. The sun setting over the lake offered a breathtaking view for our guests while they... Read More enjoyed dinner at one large banquet table sprawling the granite path on the lower terrace.

Magical Wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

This place has it all!! An intimate gazebo for the ceremony and space for guests to mingle , all with wonderful views. The indoor space is welcoming with the french doors that lead to the patio area. The patio area was sufficient for an eight piece band and a dance floor.... Read More Even the benches were in the perfect place.

Magical Venue

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kathryn M

I cannot begin to thank Laguna Gloria for giving us the opportunity to hold our wedding and reception there. It was an amazing evening filled with warmth and love. I can't tell you the number of compliments received regarding the venue. It was truly remarkable. Not only was... Read More the venue an incredible sight - but Blythe - our Rental and Events Coordinator for Laguna Gloria was great to work with throughout this process. Her personalized attention to my questions and needs helped me feel confident about using Laguna Gloria as a wedding venue. Words cannot describe this venue. It has elegance, grace and is timeless.

A Place for a Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 R D

I first heard about Laguna Gloria from my friend when I was trying to find a venue for my wedding. We had looked at a few places in Austin beforehand and were unimpressed. We wanted an outdoor/garden type but many venues we found were far away like driftwood or on the... Read More outskirts of Austin. We had several out of town guests, so we wanted somewhere that was close to downtown Austin. As soon as we checked out Laguna we were in love! Not only is it a cool modern art museum, it is an old italian villa that has the most beautiful grounds. And only 15 minutes from downtown! It is absolutely the most perfect place to have a wedding in Austin! First of all, there are several ways to arrange a wedding on that site making Laguna so versatile! The temple of love was perfect for our ceremony! I always wanted a circular formation for our ceremony to make it feel intimate and we were able to stand in the middle of the temple with everyone around us! From the villa leading to the temple is a long pathway of scenic trees. They provide festoon lighting all throughout the pathways, making it such a romantic feeling at night! We had decorated the pathway with candles and photos of us all throughout for guests to enjoy on their way to the temple. At the temple, we were surrounded by the big beautiful trees and hung candles above us in the center. While we were taking pictures at the temple after the ceremony, all our guests enjoyed cocktail hour on a big four seasons lawn where we set up a few corn hole sets. And the bar could be close to them for easy access to the booze. It was fantastic! The upper terrace of the villa was so perfect! We had our dancing there and I really loved how we could enter the villa from there via the sunroom. It felt so open and everyone could watch us from the terrace as we cut our cake! We had dinner on the pathway that overlooked lake Austin! With the festoon lighting, hearing the beautiful water fountain as I looked at the lake, I felt like I was in a dream! And I was....in my dream wedding! I could go on and on about our wedding but here are some important awesome things and a few things to be aware of. 1. Versatile space! Endless wedding layout designablilty! 2. The lush gardens and outdoor areas so beautiful that minimal floral needed. It was nice not having to spend a whole lot on flowers. We just had bouquets, boutonnieres and table flowers. 3. A space that you can have both ceremony and reception. 4. Vendor list they provided. We got the best vendors because of this list! 5. Throughout the planning process anytime I had any questions, the site coordinator, Blythe was extremely helpful and always available to answer me. 1. Even though set up for weddings, you have to find and bring in all vendors. We had to bring in caterer, alcohol, rentals of tables and chairs, added a lot of lighting since we had most of the wedding at night. The festoons cover a little but not if you are having it at night. And they make you choose a caterer on their provided list. No worries though, they bring in the best! 2. Need rain plan. The venue is mostly outdoors unless you have less than 70 peeps. 3. Require a coordinator. I'm glad though because we didn't have to worry about anything the day of. 4. Limited time. We had the space from 4p to 11pm! We had such an amazing wedding and we were so lucky to have been able to have our dream wedding at Laguna.

Gorgeous and memorable setting for our wedding

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Rosina C

Everything about our wedding day was amazing, but what made it even more spectacular was the beautiful setting at Laguna Gloria. We were able to use multiple spaces of the grounds at Laguna for different parts of our wedding and this made it even more special. The team at... Read More Laguna Gloria was super helpful and informative. I would not hesitate to recommend Laguna Gloria to anyone looking for a unique and beautiful venue for their wedding day.

Worth it!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

Laguna Gloria was the most beautiful place to have our wedding. There was ample room to roam,eat and dance outside,and move indoors for late night festivities. The waterfront, gazebo,and sculpture garden were an amazing backdrop for our family and friends to socialize and... Read More celebrate. The staff could not have been more helpful and were intent on seeing our vision come to life. My only regret is that we did not start the wedding day party earlier and stay longer.

Best day of my life!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 courtney s

Laguna Gloria is by far the best place in Austin to get married. Our wedding date was at the end of Feb. and I could not have asked for a more beautiful setting. The sun was shining, and we did not even have to use our heaters! It is an open venue so you can really get creative... Read More with it. They have a list of vendors that are perfect and have worked the venue before, so they are professionals. They really know how to set the perfect tone for a wedding. We will definitely be having our anniversary there! I HIGHLY recommend it.

European Charm With Waterfront Views

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Lorrie G

We had an absolutely fabulous experience using Laguna Gloria - The Contemporary as our wedding venue! The facility lent itself beautifully to the vision that our daughter, who lives abroad, had for her big day. Our guests, many from Europe visiting the US for the first time, and... Read More many who work in art related fields, were enchanted with the property and the fact that it's a working gallery by day. The Temple of Love gazebo at the end of the peninsula offered the guests a beautiful stroll along the water and was the perfect spot for cocktails, appetizers, a single acoustic guitarist, and photos. The back lawn was the site of the reception dinner. Originally planned with one very long banquet table along the the path, the threat of a rare Texas rain caused us to switch to plan B utilizing open walled tents on the side lawn. Had we only known not to worry! The new setup took the ambience and beauty to a level we couldn't have imagined! Very intimate and romantic! The patio provided a ready dance floor and location to cut the cake. And when the magic hour arrived for outdoor sound to cease so as not to disturb residents in the beautiful nearby homes, our DJ expertly switched decks to the inside and the villa itself became a spectacular dance club. There is a beautiful room upstairs that is often used as the bridal dressing room for those who have their ceremonies on site but for our event, it served as the perfect Kiddy Club manned by professional sitters for our smallest guests. In the end, it was a gorgeous night. The rain stayed away and we enjoyed a stunning Hill Country sunset over the lake. Bottom line….there is no way not to have a gorgeous wedding at The Contemporary.

Best venue in Central Austin! (so your guests don't have to drive out to the lake or Dripping Springs)

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Nikhil B

Just Google Image a wedding picture at Laguna Gloria and you'll see why it is a gorgeous place to have a wedding. In the end, it's a little more expensive than other places since they don't provide anything but it's worth it given the service and memories/pictures. I also... Read More recommend going through the approved catering list and picking a company that will give you the flexibility to bring in your own food. We had Peached Tortilla bring their truck but also serve all the dinner. They book up 1+ years in advance for Spring and Fall so lock in your March/April or October/November dates - ours was March 29th and it was a perfect 74 degrees and sunny!

My perfect Valentine weekend wedding

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Laura M

Married on a beautiful warm Sunday in February outside at Laguna Gloria at sunset. It was about 72 degrees for our ceremony and reception. It was a small wedding of 50 people. We danced upstairs, ate downstairs and had cocktails on the veranda. This place is extremely special -... Read More a quiet haven in Austin that is elegant, romantic and classy. You can't go wrong. The catering by Rosemary's Catering was superb and the whole venue was perfect.

laguna gloria

Reviewed on 10/02/2014

lovely spot for an outdoor spring wedding

Laguna Gloria was magical!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Kelsey G

I grew up in Austin, TX and took many art classes at Laguna Gloria growing up. 8 years ago, I moved to Los Angeles where I met my husband. When he proposed, we looked at so many venues in the area - Then, it finally clicked one day - We should get married in my hometown at... Read More Laguna Gloria! It's a beautiful place to get married, and all of our pictures turned out incredible! Everyone was very nice and respectful. My only wish was that we were allowed more time, so that we could keep the party going. :)

Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Christina F

Its impossible to take a bad photograph at this gorgeous venue! Definitely better suited for a small/intimate wedding. This venue created a beautiful, natural, romantic setting for my wedding.

Absolutely Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 5/27/2012 Ryanne A

Laguna Gloria was the first venue that my husband and I looked at. We loved the water views and the beautiful grounds, but were a little hesitant because of the size of our wedding. After quite a bit of looking, we kept going back to Laguna, so we decided to go for it! The... Read More grounds are absolutely gorgeous and there are so many different options for the ceremony and the reception layout. We are so glad that we booked Laguna because it turned out that our wedding was about half the size we originally thought (I would not recommend if your wedding is more than 120-150 people). During the month of our wedding, they had "Art on the Green" which was a putt putt course full of art. They allowed us to use the clubs and balls for free--this was great for the kids that attended the wedding! The reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is because it was pretty difficult to contact the wedding specialist to get any questions answered. The lady that I originally booked with was no longer there and then the lady that took her place went on maternity leave and had about 3 interns answering questions. I received a couple responses to the same email from them with different answers. Everything worked out and my wedding was PERFECT, but it was a little stressful not knowing who to contact and not receiving answers that were consistent.

venue

Reviewed on 3/31/2011 April S

the venue is beautiful. no decor needed. absolutely stunning. the people that work there, however, are rude and not helpful. there are hidden fees and charges. but, like i said, it is stunning and id do it all over again!!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/04/2010 Stirling K

Our wedding at Laguna Gloria, in mid-October, was stunning. The grounds were green, the sunset over the water was beautiful, and the grounds provided enough variation and space for cocktail hour, a sit-down dinner, dancing, and more. We had a big wedding (175), so if it had... Read More rained, the whole event would have had a much different feel, and we would have had to rent tents, which are super expensive. We loved Laguna Gloria and would recommend it to anyone who wanted to have a wedding like ours, but it is important to keep in mind that it is expensive (not only is there the rate for the night, but you also have to pay a security guard), the music has to end at 10:30 because of the neighbors, and they really provide little else than the grounds, so the bride/groom are responsible for payments such as the caterers' equiptment, tents, a dance floor, and so on. That kind of stuff really adds up! But, overall, the staff was very helpful and our photos are absolutely stunning. I think it is the best venue in all of Austin.

Bridal Portraits at Laguna Gloria

Reviewed on 8/26/2010 Lauren M

I used AMOA Laguna Gloria to take my bridal portraits. They charge a small fee (I think $75) but it was totally worth it to get some gorgeous pictures. They were easy to deal with and had a room to change in/out of my dress. Great experience!

Beautiful and easy to work with

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Melanie M

If you are looking for a beautiful outdoor venue, Laguna Gloria can't be beat. The grounds are gorgeous, and they have a variety of options as far as where to hold the ceremony and reception. Also, they have a long list of approved vendors, so you have a lot of options for... Read More catering/dj/etc. One recommendation I have is to use an event planner help with the mundane details since Laguna ONLY provides the venue and nothing else. Thus, you will need to get your own linens, lighting, tables, etc.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 5/26/2010 Ashley B

I could not have picked a more perfect venue for the setting I was looking for. The weather, thankfully, worked out for us and turned the vent into a magical, earthy occassion. There were some things that popped up that I had not necessarily been aware of so much sure you read... Read More the contract carefully and know what all you are going to have to pay extra for - tents, etc. But overall it was amazing.

Review for Austin Museum of Modern Art: Laguna Gloria

Reviewed on 9/04/2008 Sarah K

It was outside and the grounds are beautiful. It is a waterfront villa that also offers the open home to escape the heat. The staff was wonderful and they let us bring in our own alcohol.;It was pretty hot outside so if you want to rent a tent that's an additional $5 000... Read More expense.

Review for Austin Museum of Modern Art: Laguna Gloria

Reviewed on 9/09/2007 Abha M

The location was gorgeous! Although just minutes off a major freeway (so easy access for guests), it seemed totally secluded and quiet. Beautiful Lake Austin in the background made the scene totally memorable.;The indoor area is small, so everything we did from the wedding... Read More ceremony in the morning and lunch to formal reception in the evening was outdoors. Even with large electric fans and hand-hld foldable, asian-style fans for all the 175 guests, it was still hot in June!