Northern Indiana's premiere barn wedding venue

Lakeside Occasions offers a breathtaking setting for your special day. Say ‘I Do‘ beneath the gazebo with panoramic views of the lake. Then dine and dance the night away at our historic barn, The Guernsey. A 50s-style diner is available for smaller gatherings. All of our spaces are climate controlled for the comfort of our guests. Just 7 minutes from Shipshewana, IN.

Guest Capacity

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Loft

Service Staff

Fabulous

Reviewed on 12/09/2013 Betty V

Our wedding at Lakeside was everything we dreamed of. I love how unique it was and would encourage any couple in the area to check it out. Janet and Darrell went out of their way to make us comfortable and fill any request or need that we asked for...They were such a great... Read More support system for us and made our day feel and be like no other!!! The barn inside was beautifully decorated with lights and a chandelier....just breathtaking. If you are contemplating a wedding in the near future....Call them FIRST!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Jade B

The venue was beautiful and everything was set up just the way we asked. However, the owners were watching my guests like a hawk. Post-Wedding I heard various stories about several of my guests being scolded by the owners due to smoking in a supposedly non-smoking area however... Read More there were no signs anywhere designating where guests could NOT smoke. I understand their want/need to keep the property clean as well as fire hazards, but from what I understand from my guests they were not pleasant to deal with. Like I said, the wedding day was beautiful, however I don't appreciate my guests being yelled at. I think the situations could have been handled differently and with far more grace.

2015-06-02T13:17:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility! We do hope you enjoyed your special day and are truly grateful that you chose Lakeside Occasions for your wedding! Lakeside Occasions is our home and we spend countless hours working to provide a beautiful... Read Less Read More

Meet The Manager

Kara Byers

My background is in TV news, however, after having a baby in 2014, my husband and I decided to move to his hometown and I joined the family wedding venue business. I am having a blast working with the wonderful couples who have chosen our barn venue for the most important day of their lives. I truly enjoy helping you design the wedding of your dreams!