Love. Fun. Adventure.

I am in love with love and joyful wedding atmosphere, brides and grooms looking happy and excited, guests laughing, crying and dancing their feet off and hearts out! I love to capture that special bond two people have, the energy and electricity between them. I enjoy documenting an entire wedding day, and I think that the most ridiculous, emotional, silly, and sentimental moments are most valuable memories. Every single wedding detail makes me absolutely merry, and my goal is to photograph this day in a way that you fully experience it again when looking at your photos.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

New York and beyond (917) 547-9668
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Patrick S

My (now) wife, Breanna, and I hired Larissa as our wedding photographer and, I'm sure as you're reading through heaps of wedding vendor reviews, but you can stop now. We are ECSTATIC with the choice we made... We think anyone should contact Larissa to make sure you can snap her... Read More up for your wedding date. First of all, Larissa is extremely professional while still being wonderfully personable! I think those are incredibly important qualities to seek in someone you are not only doing business with, but also someone that will be capturing your true, joyous selves, as well as a multitude of friends, family and details, at one of the most personal events of your life. She is incredibly prompt in replying messages, and we knew where we stood with her at all times, whether it came to sharing ideas about creative direction, where to shoot our engagement photos, or how we would handle payments. She was organized and responsive, and that made us feel comfortable relying on her to capture such important, and multi-faceted events, personalities, etc. Further, Larissa was extremely flexible, and never seemed at all stressed (in fact she calmed US) about the hectic scene crashing around her that was mine and Bre's life during our wedding planning season and the wedding itself, in fact she seemed to be thrilled at the chance to join in with us at some of our events- she added so much to the experience by just being there, being joyful and calm, and having a blast! Larissa is incredibly warm and engaging, funny and so creative! If her professionalism is what opened the door to our easygoing selves, Larissa's humor, direction, and general friendliness, while still "giving you space" helped coax out mine and Bre's inner models! My wife and I are not naturally comfortable being photographed, but Larissa was patient, would joke with us and talk with us through our pictures, and she helped break me and Bre out of our self-consciousness so that we could take amazing pictures we are wowed by. Larissa is also an INCREDIBLE artist and photographer! She had amazingly creative ideas about where to shoot in our sleepy Brooklyn neighborhood, and an absolute vision as to how our day would best be captured. She has an inimitable style to her photos that is visually arresting, unique, and, very importantly for me and Bre, not cheesy. Our photos range from affectionate, to intimate, joyous, and passionate. Bre and I looked through scores of photographers on various wedding websites and Larissa's were by and far our favorite.That being said, while she has a definite artistic vision, Larissa also worked with us for shots or scenes we requested, so that we never felt like our voices weren't being heard, but just added to. Finally, the pictures arrived exactly when she said that they would, and she added some great panache to our wedding picture package delivery. She printed out many of the best ones on high-quality paper, included the rest on a thumb drive, and had them all bundled in a beautiful package. In all, if Bre and I renewed our vows every year, we would hire Larissa every time, as she is that thing that Bre and I imagine we'd want in any photographer we worked with: a professional and an artist.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Patty G

If there were 10 stars, I would give them to Larisa. She was *BY FAR* the best vendor we hired for our wedding! I work in TV, so I was very apprehensive about who we hired to take our photos. I did a ton of research, and kept coming back to Larisa's beautiful images. Her style... Read More is candid and laid-back, yet polished and elegant. She took our engagement photos and she also photographed our City Hall wedding. I first found her online, and LOVED her work, but was a little nervous about hiring someone from the internet without knowing them. So we set-up a meeting and went over our vision and potential shoot locations. She was receptive, enthusiastic, and had great input and ideas. Our engagement photos were unreal! Just what we wanted and more. They were also a hit with our friends and family. Everyone kept complimenting them! Larisa was on-time and very professional, and she went above and beyond to ensure that we got all the shots we wanted. She schlepped all over town with us, and even helped carry our outfits while we were posing for photos-- a true professional! A few months later, she photographed our elopement at NYC City Hall. It was a rainy day, and my husband and I were nervous about how the pictures might turn out. Larisa had a positive attitude all day, and stood in the rain just to get the right shot! It definitely paid off, the pictures looked like out of a magazine. In fact, BRIDES Magazine featured our photos on their Instagram page. Your wedding photos are the way in which you'll remember that special day... I'm so happy that we get to reminisce through Larisa's beautiful photographs. My advice: HIRE LARISA. Look no further!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Raquel Z

We just received our photos from Larisa and we couldn’t be happier. It was very important to us to have photos of the day that we could keep for the rest of our lives and share with our families- Larisa did not disappoint. She was easy to work with leading up to the event and... Read More the day of. The final presentation was perfect! We received a USB with all the photos and a beautiful website. She should be charging twice as much! Book her now!
 Thank you, Larisa. We are very grateful. Love, Raquel & Will

Reviewed on 12/16/2017 Kyu R

Very accomodative and responsive. She was not late for the photo shoot and was very professional about her work. She made us feel that she was putting a lot of effort in capturing the right moments. Would love to have her take our city hall wedding photo as well. Overall highly... Read More recommended.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Christine S

We eloped in NYC and luckily we chose Larisa to capture our adventure. She was absolutely perfect. Larisa is such a lovely, fun, interesting and TALENTED person. The shooting felt so natural and we love the results. We can't thank her enough. She will always be in our hearts... Read More because she made our special day even more special :-)

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Alexandra E

If you are considering Larisa for your wedding, look no further. Larisa is both a professional and an artist. When we first met I came to her with a loose vision and she took it from there, showing photos from similar venues, which was comforting. One month before the wedding... Read More Larisa even requested that we go visit the venue together so she had the lay of the land for the day of and was ready to go. We truly appreciated the effort and dedication it takes to do this. On the day of, she arrived very early and photographed us getting ready even though she wasn't contracted to start until later on. She was so pleasant and fun to be around - we're a bit of a camera-shy couple and Larisa's personality was so easy going, she made it a breeze. Our photos came right on schedule and in a wonderfully cool package. We're so happy with every last one of them. The only thing we were sad about: we don't have another excuse to work with Larisa anytime soon. LOVE!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Anastasia L

It’s hard to express how happy I am that I found Larisa. We had our wedding in New York City this year. She was amazing, so professionally tentative and super pleasant. We felt absolutely comfortable around her. Larisa also didn’t get tired for a second. We met at the Four... Read More Seasons Downtown and she walked all over the city with us. The communication was flowing and she knew exactly what we needed (much better than us) lucky us 😉 The pics she sent us put another big smile on our faces and reminded again how perfect that day was! All in all, we just couldn’t ask for a better photographer.

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Alina R

Everything was great! Larisa is so talented and nice!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Rachel H

Larisa was the perfect photographer for our wedding! She's about a quarter/half the price of most photographers of her caliber out there (especially one's located in NYC). Larisa is extremely professional, and her photos were better than most I'd seen out there. I was shocked at... Read More the amount of content that she was able to get and the quality, as she came alone and covered the entire wedding by herself. Would 10/10 recommend! Especially for those who are picky about photos (like myself, as I like almost zero pictures of me typically) AND those who are on a budget.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Teo B

Larisa was a joy to work with! She's really talented, has a keen eye for perfect moments and really shot the wedding in the best light, capturing the events beautifully in the moment and also working her magic to make them happen. I highly recommend her to anyone who is... Read More looking for a talented photographer!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Amy Y

Larisa is wonderful to work with -- she took fantastic pictures of our wedding day, and we absolutely love the photos. Book Larisa for your wedding, and you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Alexandra K

Larisa was an absolute legend! Top quality photos and excellent editing! We came all the way from London to get married in New York and didn't have a chance to meet Larisa first, but we loved her portfolio's high quality photos and the overall style. And we were not disappointed... Read More - Larisa is a lovely and warm person, making it easy to be yourself in front of the camera. She went the extra mile in every sense possible and as a result we have amazing photos of our wedding day (better than we could have imagined). Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Elena K

I love Larisa's instagram and I always wanted to do a photoshoot with her - but couldn't do it as we live in London. Fortunately she came to visit London in February and we used that great opportunity to have an engagement photoshoot with her. I couldn't be happier both with the... Read More process and the result! She is very supportive and proactive, a real professional. It was super comfortable and easy to be photographed by Larisa for me and my partner who is not a big fan of being a model:) and the photos she made are gorgeous! It was raining heavily on that day (what else would you expect from London...) - but she managed to capture the mood and the beauty of the day - the colours, the setting, everything about her pictures is perfect! I highly recommend Larisa!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Veronika L

Larisa is a truly amazing photographer with such a beautiful personality inside out! We were very happy to found Larisa for our family photos and capture the most amazing time of waiting for our little one! Although my husband is not a great fun of photo sessions, Larisa was... Read More sooo friendly and accommodating, and within minutes made us feeling relaxed and enjoy ourselves. I keep looking at our photos with a smile and can't wait to have another family session with you Larisa! Thank you so much! Xx

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Boris K

We chose Larisa because we got along really well and loved her style. We are so glad we did. Our pictures turned out beautifully and Larisa was great with all our family and friends. Larisa is so easy to work with. She was incredibly transparent about pricing which made putting... Read More a package together easy and stress free. She also helped us plan our schedule for the day and gave great advice. We've already recommended to her our friends who are using her for their wedding.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Anastasia G

Larisa did great job! All photos are perfect! We are very greatful!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Jennifer W

Larisa was so wonderful to work with. Her style I would describe has a modern, light, editorial feel - exactly what we were going for. She was a blast to have around during the day of - she managed to keep everyone calm, even though the girls were of course running late, and... Read More kept the energy high for the after ceremony photos. She clearly went above and beyond what she was obligated to do and the final set of photos was a gorgeously matching and perfectly captured the dreaminess of the day. We are truly grateful to have had her as our photographer! Jen & Ed

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Anastasia M

We would like to say huge thank you to Larisa for our stunning pictures. We’ve been planning our wedding in New York for a long time and it was really important for us to find not only a professional photographer, but the person who would capture our emotions, decorations and... Read More surroundings exactly as we imagined in our dreams. She made us feel so relaxed and natural , so even my husband, who absolutely hates being in front of the camera, did like the way she interacted with us and found that he actually can be very photogenic without any special efforts :) We didn’t meet her before, but from the first minute we felt that she is our old friend. Larisa found so many beautiful places that I’d have never even noticed, and it was such a huge help to have her confidence and creative ideas. We’ve got fantastic result! She perfectly captured the essense and spirit of our wedding day and we are truthfully grateful to Larisa for being a precious part of our small but very momentous ceremony. I would recommend Larisa to everyone who is getting married in New York and especially to those who loves New York the way she does. She feels and captures special magic of this city and her job will definitely exceed your expectations. Thank you, Larisa!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Katy C

Larisa was so great! Very easy to coordinate with, a calming force on the day-of and she got some fantastic pictures. We are so happy we chose her!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Julia P

Larisa did a fabulous job with our engagement photo shoot and our wedding (we did day before and day of). Cannot recommend her enough - she knows the city, knows Central Park, is great at directing and provides a fabulous finished product. Wedding or not we will use Larisa again... Read More in NYC! She even got great pictures of my picture-phobic husband! When we got them back he loved them! Book her now!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Hanna-Lisa B

Larisa did an amazing job! I could not be happier with my photos. She took lots of great action shots knowing I did not want to spend much time on photos. Also got everyone organized quickly for staged photos.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Gisele G

Larisa did a great job with our engagement photos session. She has a casual style and captured some great in the moment shots. Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time in between making the appointment and receiving the pictures. We're assuming that she's very busy that's... Read More why we always received delayed responses.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Laura D

My husband and I used Larisa Shorina for both our engagement photos and wedding photos, and wow! We are both so impressed by her professionalism, talent, and overall vision. Her work is gorgeous, and she is such a fun director! Great sense of humor! You will sincerely enjoy... Read More working with her!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Carley Y

Larisa is incredible. If she's available for your date, look no further. Her work is simply outstanding and her go-with-the-flow attitude makes her the ultimate wedding photographer. She is detailed oriented, professional, and passionate. She met with me prior to the wedding to... Read More scout the venue and Highline, which was so enjoyable because she's easy to talk too. I was stressing out about wedding planning and talking to her was like talking to a friend. On wedding day, Larisa arrived early. She even brought with her a NY Times to capture the date with our wedding rings. I think it was the hottest day of the summer (Aug 12.) and she didn't complain one bit about walking the Highline with us in the heat. Anything we asked for she captured. The delivered prints arrived just as she'd described them. They were perfect. It felt like I was reliving the magical day. I'd recommend Larisa to anybody! She's the best out there.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Keisuke I

Larisa is a great photographer! She listened to our wish and responded to it. Thanks so much for capturing our memories in New York.