You've dreamed of this day since you were a child.

The white dress. The rings. Your best friends as your bridesmaids. Your bouquet. The intricate details. And most importantly, at the end of the aisle, the one you love is smiling back at you. Laura K. Allen is devoted to capturing your day just as you've always dreamt.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Anne Grace R

Better late than never for a review - am I right?! Laura shot our wedding back in April and we are still constantly getting compliments on our pictures! The first time I met Laura, I knew she was the perfect fit. She is professional, kind, and most of all - takes flattering... Read More pictures :) My husband and I never felt awkward with her because let's be honest... we aren't all comfortable in front of a camera. She guided us through every step and was a calming voice when "The Day" finally came. Her direction and vision speak volumes - not to mention we had our gorgeous gallery up in record time. I can't sing enough good praise for Laura and highly recommend her. Can I get a wedding round two...? :)

2016-07-19T14:48:11 Response from the vendor

OH MY GOSH, you are the absolute sweetest!!! This review just made my entire week. It was an absolute pleasure getting to work with you two, I loved every minute!!!! I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness and please please stay in touch!!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Lauren R

From the first time we met Laura over coffee at Panera, we knew she would be the one to capture our "best day ever"!! She is not only amazing at what she does, but she also wants to get to know you both and have a relationship with you. She is detail-oriented, thorough, and just... Read More FABULOUS. We are still in awe of every single picture from our wedding. She will also manage chaos and whatever else comes your way... and she will keep you on track, which is very important (if your groomsmen take too long to "get ready;)!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Danielle H

I literally can't say enough good things about Laura k Allen. I got married this week October 10 and was referred to her by a friend. From the moment I met her I knew we would be friends. She literally made my wedding day experience better than I ever thought possible...I am... Read More super awkward with photos and she made me feel so comfortable and beautiful the entire day! My bridesmaids were a handful and she was able to direct us and keep everyone in line and on schedule the entire day. You can tell she has so much experience and a true passion for photography. I can't even imagine picking anyone else to photograph my wedding! And the icing on the cake was I wasn't expecting to get any teaser pictures for like a week and she gave me one within 24 hours! I was so impressed! Now I just can't wait to see the rest because the first one was already so good! She is a true gem and now I know I have a photographer for life for any photo needs in the future!!!! Love her! So basically anyone looking for a photographer just needs stop looking and book her immediately!

2016-10-17T23:21:22 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of your kind words. You two are such beautiful, genuinely kind & amazing people!! Thanks for choosing me to photograph your big day-- I enjoyed every minute of it!!! <3

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Katy B

If I could give Laura 10 stars, I would. She is absolutely phenomenal! 1. She is so talented! All of her photos look amazing - seriously there are photos she has shown me that I'm like, "wow, I was there, and I don't know how she caught it exactly like that". Trust me on this,... Read More and if you don't - look at her website. 2. Laura is super, super organized. She hadn't shot at my venue before, so she went to check it out the day before. It unexpectedly rained on my wedding day so she showed up with umbrellas for cute photos. She had my very loud, very distractible bridal party actually paying attention. She had our very large families in and out. 3. She is super flexible. We had a lot of changes because of the rain, and she got it all figured out. She found great new places for photos, rearranged the bridal party to accommodate the space, and just really handled everything we threw at her. 4. She is super professional. Laura was with us for 10+ hours on my wedding day. During our ceremony, she was grabbing a bite and if she saw something she thought we'd want, or if someone asked for a photo, she got up and did it - even when we told her not to worry. She was absolutely 100% there for us. 5. She's super cool. My husband and I were so comfortable with Laura that it was easy to ignore the camera. My dad is still talking about how phenomenal she is! At one point, I couldn't find my lipstick and she offered me hers. I am telling you, she's the best!

2016-10-09T01:00:02 Response from the vendor

OH MY. <3 KC, this just made me SO happy. We certainly had a crazy day that day, but it sure was fun!! I loved how you were able to roll with all the curveballs thrown at you that day and never once stopped smiling.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Kaity O

Laura is amazing! She and the girls helping her were so sweet and captured the most amazing photos from our wedding! I absolutely love our pictures and couldn't have asked for a better photographer to work with!

2016-10-09T01:01:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much KT!!! <3 It was such a great day and I'm so glad I got to be there for you!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Emily G

Words can't express how much we loved Laura from our very first lunch together. Her creativity and WOW-factor finished product were exceptional, but paled in comparison to the memory I'll always cary of her calm under pressure and soothing presence on the big day. She... Read More recommended poses that were flattering, and helped us to keep capture the moments that we would have skipped over otherwise. Worth every single penny to have the experience that she provides. I would give seven stars if I could! We love you, Laura!!!

2016-08-05T23:36:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Emily! Your kind words mean a lot to me. It was a pleasure and an honor to photograph your day... Hope to meet up with you soon! <3

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Ben M

We could not have been more pleased with a photographer and the outcome as we were with Laura. She took our engagement and wedding pictures and was more than accommodating when we made things difficult. My (then) fiance and I were each living in a different city than the... Read More wedding, and she was extremely flexible in time and location when my fiance and I were briefly in town at the same time to get them done. If I say we loved the outcome of our engagement session, then we LOVED the work she did on our wedding day. Laura did a fantastic job at capturing exactly what we were going for and all the details that made up the day. She ran a tight ship on the wedding day (despite the wedding party's attempts to slow things down) which is exactly what you want on a day with so many things going on. I could go on and on about the photos from the day. They are SO beautiful. I will warn you, she makes choosing favorite images hard, because we love them all! If you're looking for quality, affordability, and an all around genuine person interested in making your day succeed, you've found your girl!

2016-08-05T23:37:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! I had such a blast photographing your wedding. You two are the sweetest.. best wishes to you in Seattle!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Crystal B

When we made the decision to have some engagement photos taken professionally, we were overwhelmed with all the photographer choices in Nashville! We emailed several of them and Laura was BY FAR the nicest, friendliest and most responsive. We are thrilled that we chose her! She... Read More made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire shoot and was flexible in meeting our request for multiple locations. She recommended poses (so appreciated!) and backdrops and captured such beautiful moments. She's so laid-back and such a professional and made our experience so much fun! We were initially nervous about the experience, but Laura took away that nervousness immediately with her friendly demeanor and sense of humor and she explained her vision so clearly to us that her instructions were easy to follow! We would very HIGHLY recommend her for your engagement shoot!

2016-04-04T13:57:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind, amazing review! I had a blast working with you guys!

The Raddest Wedding Photographer, Bar None

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Ruth A

Full disclosure: Laura and I go back – way back to the time we were both young pups during undergrad, slaving away at a coffee between classes. We bonded over a shared love of Bright Eyes and art. That said, I'm a discerning woman, and I wouldn't make exceptions for friends... Read More where my wedding photos are concerned. In fact, my main priority for the entire wedding was that the photos had to be spectacular. But my connection with Laura did come in handy – I had been keeping up with her photography business on Facebook and was consistently impressed with her work. When it came time to choose a photographer, I knew I'd be incredibly lucky if she'd be willing to make the trip to Ohio to make it happen. As the fates would have it, she was available. Good thing, too – my photos turned out better than I could have imagined. One in particular looks like a Renaissance painting, which is precisely the kind of standout, unique photography I was after. She was also wonderful at wrangling my family members who were more interested in drinking than in standing still for photo opps. And I don't think I've ever seen my husband look so natural in photographs before. Every photo of him made me fall in love over again. She even snapped a couple stunning photos of my darling Pomeranians that I plan to frame and keep on my desk at work. In short, I couldn't recommend Laura's services more. She's immensely talented, professional, and warm, and I'm so glad she was part of the big day.

2015-10-23T09:13:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Ruth! I'm honored to have photographed your wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Hannah C

This is the most important day of your life up until now. Choosing Laura will help capture that day in the most perfect way possible. My husband and I were lucky enough to have a friend of ours refer us to Laura and after seeing her portfolio, we had to book her! Laura was so... Read More much fun to work with, from emailing back and forth, to our engagement photo session to our wedding day. I looked forward to shooting with her because I knew no matter what, she would make us look amazing! How she using natural light to create stunning photos is pure magic. We could not be happier with out entire experience. Choose Laura K. Allen to be your photographer and you will be the happiest person in the world!

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Carolina D

Where do I even start? When my husband and I were looking for a wedding photographer, it was stressful and scary. We wanted to make sure we picked someone with good experience, who understood our taste and could turn out some beautiful pictures. Lots of photographers have their... Read More own unique style and it always scared me that we wouldn't be able to find someone who could cater the images to us and our style instead of what they were used to shooting. Laura was the first and LAST photographer we met with. From the begging we knew she was perfect. She is so creative, open minded, and studious. She takes classes and is always attending workshops to further her knowledge and does so many different types of shoots. This is great because she has a fantastic point of view and thinks outside the box. Our engagement pictures were perfect, and so were our wedding pictures. She made this OCD bride feel at ease with a timeline, questionnaire, and lots and lots of emails and texts ironing out details, answering questions, and keeping in touch. For our wedding, we had special LED lighting and Laura didn't even hesitate to go to the venue the night before the wedding to make sure she was prepared for the lighting and that she knew how to capture the best light. She kept in touch with me and even purchased/set up a beautiful lit backdrop for our formal pics when the weather didn't help and we knew we wouldn't be able to take those outside. I have nothing but great things to say about Laura. My entire family loved her. The package we got was so inclusive and had everything we needed for a fantastic price. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer and know who will be taking family/baby portraits in the future :)

Captiva Wedding

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Laura A

Laura and I have been friends for years, so when I got engaged I asked her to be my bridesmaid AND photographer...for my destination wedding. Not too much to ask, right??? I am so glad that she was able to be a part of my big day and best of all she captured everything so... Read More beautifully. Laura is so professional while shooting, but also makes the day fun so that you can enjoy yourself as well. She is truly a gifted photographer with a natural eye for compositions. I can't tell you how many times I said, "it looks like something from a movie!" when I saw my wedding photos for the first time. The photo quality and the moments she was able to capture are stunning. I could not have asked for a better photographer/friend than Laura.

Best Photographer EVER!

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Garrett F

We LOVED Laura!! Both me and my husband adored the engagement photos and wedding photos she took for us. She was so respectful and considerate for what we were looking for from our photos. We told Laura we wanted someone who was not at the wedding to be able to look at the... Read More pictures and feel like they were there and let me tell you, she did this and SO much more! We were in love with everything. She was so easy to communicate with and prompt on all her responses! She captured the little things from our big day so well. I could not have asked for anything better. We will highly recommend Laura to our friends and anyone getting married! Laura was so nice that I feel like she is one of our friends now! Choosing Laura for our photographer was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding!

Pick Laura- you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 12/18/2014 Ashley G

I am so happy that we found Laura to be our photographer to capture our wedding! Photography was one of the most important things to get right for our wedding and Laura did not disappoint. From the second I contacted her she was nothing but friendly, courteous and professional... Read More (She even rec'd a friend to do my hair and makeup). Since I was planning my wedding from across the country and would not have a chance to meet the photographer until close to the wedding which made me a bit nervous. But, Laura took the time to talk with me over the phone and get to know my Fiance and I and what we wanted, which made me feel great. I can't say enough about how happy I was when I saw our wedding pictures. Laura captured everything I wanted and more. She also kept everything on track the day of in order to get all the shots we wanted. Her turn around time is amazing as well. We received our engagement pictures a week after taking them and our wedding pictures only few weeks after (which is FAST). If you are looking for someone who takes amazing pictures, is kind and friendly and won't break your wedding budget go with Laura!

Gorgeous Wedding and Boudoir Pictures!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Whitney P

Laura photographed both my wedding and my boudoir session and she did such an amazing job. I'm all about candid photos so rather than stand my family up for hours of pictures on our big day, I simply asked her to "capture the atmosphere of the wedding." The result was flawless.... Read More Our wedding book is like a story, and through her pictures you can feel the happiness and togetherness that day created for us and our family members. The boudoir shoot was extremely nerve-racking for me. I was tentative to go in and try to be "sexy" for a camera. Laura put me right at ease and made me feel so comfortable and happy in my own skin. The result was a classy, timeless collection of pinup pics I can be proud of when I'm old and gray. :) The confidence shown in my boudoir pics was shocking even to me, and made me feel so good about myself. Not to mention, my husband loved them! ;) I couldn't have asked for a better photographer.

Wonderful photographer, beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Kelsey L

We were thrilled to have Laura K Allen Photography capture our special day!! Laura was extremely professional and helpful from the get-go. She asked lots of helpful questions to make sure she would capture all the important moments, relationships and details that we had planned.... Read More She is very thorough and detailed in her work, which is exactly what we hoped for! Like others have mentioned as well, she is really great at getting good lighting to create beautiful photos. It was cloudy and rainy leading all the way up to our ceremony and she made me feel relaxed the whole time that she was still able to capture great pictures. She is a great coach and makes you feel very comfortable. Even though we weren't able to meet ahead of time (we live in Missouri but got married in Tennessee), I felt like I had known Laura for ages. She's awesome! I also really appreciated that she had a second photographer that could take photos with a bigger bridal party while Laura could take me and my mom/sister to get some more quiet intimate photos while I was getting ready. It made me feel a lot more relaxed. She is very very good at creating comfortable environment. Laura had a really good turn around time on the photos, even though I am sure it was lots of work to edit since she took lots and lots of pictures. But we are very thankful she did! Every detail was there and captured in a very soft, romantic way that matched our wedding and my style perfectly. Everyone we have shared them with has commented on how beautiful the photos are. I can't recommend Laura enough!!!

Everything you are looking for in a modern photographers

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Michelle D

When looking for a photographer the most important thing was getting all the photos we wanted, the second was having the rights to the photos from our big day. Laura knocked both out of the park. Laura has that amazing way of being every where for everything. While looking at... Read More our photos I didn't think "Oh, she missed when ...." once. She also tries to keep you on track, not in a pushy way, which I was very appreciative of. Her photos are stunning, creative, and not corny. Laura also took our engagement photos and when she learned my husband to be is an art teacher she suggested having a "paint war." It was so much fun and led to very natural, happy photos. The icing on the cake was Laura was very conscience of lighting. Our reception space had low lighting, but she managed to get great pictures once the sun went down.

Amazing photographer and fun too!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Tara M

Laura was a fantastic photographer. She kept us on track to make sure that we were able to get all of the shots that we wanted and really knew her stuff when it came to posing and being artistic with the angle of the shots. We even had the groom and groomsmen getting ready at... Read More our condo, I was worried about there not being any interesting shots in the house/neighborhood and she blew us away with how creative she was even in such an ordinary location, she made the shots beautiful. I love so many of the photographs that it was very hard to decide which ones should be enlarged - I wanted all of them! It seems to me like Laura has a natural eye for photography. She was also very fun to spend the day with, I felt comfortable with her, almost like she was a friend of mine (which is important when you are changing into your dress & inviting someone to spend your whole entire wedding day with you). Her fun loving personality really got the whole group smiling and goofing around in the pictures which made them even better. I highly recommend her to anyone who is looking. Her prices are very reasonable and you will not regret spending the money on these priceless photos. She really puts love into her work!