You've dreamed of this day since you were a child.

The white dress. The rings. Your best friends as your bridesmaids. Your bouquet. The intricate details. And most importantly, at the end of the aisle, the one you love is smiling back at you. Laura K. Allen is devoted to capturing your day just as you've always dreamt.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Anne Grace R

Better late than never for a review - am I right?! Laura shot our wedding back in April and we are still constantly getting compliments on our pictures! The first time I met Laura, I knew she was the perfect fit. She is professional, kind, and most of all - takes flattering... Read More pictures :) My husband and I never felt awkward with her because let's be honest... we aren't all comfortable in front of a camera. She guided us through every step and was a calming voice when "The Day" finally came. Her direction and vision speak volumes - not to mention we had our gorgeous gallery up in record time. I can't sing enough good praise for Laura and highly recommend her. Can I get a wedding round two...? :)

2016-07-19T14:48:11 Response from the vendor

OH MY GOSH, you are the absolute sweetest!!! This review just made my entire week. It was an absolute pleasure getting to work with you two, I loved every minute!!!! I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness and please please stay in touch!!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Meredith C

Laura was one of the main reasons our wedding day was perfection. She is a true professional and a joy to work with. My husband and I aren't the most photogenic couple and she worked her magic and we could not be more pleased with our photos. Laura's passion and talent are... Read More obvious I seriously can't say enough about how great we think she is. I am counting down the days until we can get her to capture another life moment for my family. We love Laura and she is a true Nashville gem!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Steph and Stoph R

STOP! CHOOSE HER NOW! Or regret it FOREVURRR! Laura was more than we ever could've hoped for in a photographer for our big day. She took two awkward picture taking sports fans and made us look like freaking models! Laura is incredibly easy to work with, great with direction... Read More (including a proficiency in cat-herding), and makes one of the most stressful parts of your big day an enjoyable breeze! She really takes the time to get to know you and dedicates her day to setting you up in pictures that really show your best side AND personality! I can't imagine having gone with anyone else and you shouldn't even consider going any other direction!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 mary m

Laura is amazing. She went above and beyond and delivered the most beautiful photos I have ever seen. I am so happy and thankful that we went with her. Her colors are so perfect, her vision was so aligned with ours and everyone is in complete awe with her photos. I honestly... Read More can’t say enough good things about Laura as a person and as a photographer. She is the best!!!!!

2017-10-31T16:49:55 Response from the vendor

<3 <3 <3 !!! I feel so lucky to have gotten to know you both over the past year!!! And for more years to come! I'm so happy you love your photos... thank you so much for the kind review!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Lauren M

We were so lucky in so many ways during our wedding planning and on the day itself. We were particularly lucky that we never had to worry about photography. I'd stalked Laura's work, and knowing her personally, I knew she was going to deliver the goods. My husband loved her... Read More style as well, and he would tell you that she was so calm and reassuring when she met him and the guys at the pub before the ceremony. Most importantly to him, she worked quickly, capturing those candid moments. We are both so unbelievably happy with our photos, and so thankful Laura could make the journey to Ireland and be part of our day. We'll never forget it, and even if we do, there are hundreds of gorgeous photos to remind us.

2017-10-31T11:12:47 Response from the vendor

Oh my gosh this was the best day ever. I'm so grateful that I got to photograph your wedding--- it was truly a special day. Can I come back??? Let's do it again!! :D

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jennifer G

Laura is SO much fun to work with and BEYOND talented, creative and incredible!!! We found out about Laura through friends who had hired her, and then we saw that their pictures were GORGEOUS... so she was a pretty early on, easy pick for us when it was our turn! We had a 90%... Read More chance of rain on the day of our engagement shoot, and Laura was so flexible, easy-going, and made it work with us! Laura can make anyone comfortable in front of the camera and will be sure to make you look like a magazine cover! Also, Laura got a sneak peak from our engagement session to us within HOURS of taking the pictures - crazy fast! She is such a kind person with a big heart and someone you can build a fun relationship with... SO HIRE HER! You will be thrilled with the results, relationship and experience!!!! THANK YOU, LAURA!!!! :)

2017-10-31T11:14:39 Response from the vendor

You are the absolute sweetest!! Thanks so much for your kind review! <3

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Mallory M

We hired Laura for our destination wedding in Nashville and we couldn’t have made a better choice! She is SO talented y’all, and such a genuine, wonderful person. Planning a destination wedding can be difficult, but from the start, Laura was so flexible, responsive and easy to... Read More work with. She was quick to come up with a back up plan when we had a last minute location change for our engagement session - we all hopped in the car, sang our hearts out to Backstreet Boys and ended up with amazing pictures! My husband and I are awkward in front of the camera but Laura made us feel so comfortable. We laughed so hard that day and just had the best time! On the wedding day, she was able to wrangle our rowdy/large wedding party and families, and kept us on schedule. She embraced my crazy ideas and ran with them. Her and her assistant were super engaged the entire day! They got so many good candid shots and they were right up in the action on the dance floor. So many of our family and friends have said how impressed they were with her. And it’s safe to say we’re obsessed with our pictures! She captured so many wonderful moments that we will cherish forever and I’m forever grateful! Thanks to her, we get to relive the best day of our lives forever! She is a gem, and I would recommend her a thousand times over!

2017-10-31T11:16:59 Response from the vendor

Aww thanks so much for the sweet review--- I loved every minute of hanging out with you two, singing Backstreet Boys songs, and taking photos of your epic love story!! Next time you are in Nashville we need to catch up for sure!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Shelby C

Laura K. Allen was absolutely phenomenal! My husband and I have loved sharing our wedding photos with all of our family and friends! We were able to communicate all of our needs with her and she met them all! Even the day of our wedding, she was able to handle any situation even... Read More when it was raining! She had a back up plan and was ready to capture our day for us! We definitely would recommend her for all of her creativity and talent!

2017-10-31T11:22:07 Response from the vendor

Aww thanks so much! Your day was an absolute blast (rain schmain!)--- I'm so happy I got to know you both and photograph your love. Keep in touch!! <3

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Kay J

Laura was an amazing person to work with! She is very professional, but she is also so kind and fun to work with. One of the things my husband and I absolutely loved about having Laura capture our special day was how open to our ideas she was. She not only captured beautiful... Read More moments from our wedding, but she also captured the candid moments that made us smile and laugh. Laura was so amazing, we even had our guests telling us how awesome of a photographer she was. The only thing that was hard on us was having to choose our favorites from the countless amount of beautiful photos. We truly do appreciate and love having had her as our photographer!

2017-10-27T09:12:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind words!! :) I love the bit about "open to our ideas".... LOL your wedding day is definitely a memorable one!! I'm so glad we got connected, I loved working with you both. Please keep in touch! <3

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Ashlyn U

Laura did an AMAZING job with our engagement and wedding pictures! She is so easy going and works well with everyone. We had to move everything up in our timeline due to rain the day of the weddding. Laura and her second shooter even stayed through the storm and kept taking... Read More pictures after it was over. I could never pay her enough for the pictures she took for us that will last a lifetime. Thank you so much Laura! You rock!

2017-10-27T09:10:02 Response from the vendor

Aww thanks so much!! That storm was something FIERCE! :D I loved that you didn't let a "little" storm ruin your fun!! I had an absolute blast working with you two. <3

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Olivia O

I have to say my Wedding Day was one of the fastest, chaotic, and most memorable days of my life--which most of it I don't even recall from the stress. But I must say since I’ve received my album from Laura, I have relived that day over and over. She captured so many special... Read More moments that I will hold in my heart forever. I had the privilege of working with Laura on both my engagement and wedding photos. She came highly recommended by my wedding venue, which I was extremely grateful for. A photographer was the only thing I lacked on my wedding checklist and I didn't even know where to begin in finding one. We were able to FaceTime with Laura due to our busy schedules and right off bat loved her creative personality along with her work. My husband and I both felt so comfortable while working with Laura and loved how easy and carefree she made everything. Not only would I recommend Laura but I look forward to working again with her in the future.

2017-10-27T09:20:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet review. <3 Your wedding day was filled with so many sweet moments and it was an honor to photograph it! I adore you two and hope we get to work together again soon!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Lauren R

From the first time we met Laura over coffee at Panera, we knew she would be the one to capture our "best day ever"!! She is not only amazing at what she does, but she also wants to get to know you both and have a relationship with you. She is detail-oriented, thorough, and just... Read More FABULOUS. We are still in awe of every single picture from our wedding. She will also manage chaos and whatever else comes your way... and she will keep you on track, which is very important (if your groomsmen take too long to "get ready;)!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Danielle H

I literally can't say enough good things about Laura k Allen. I got married this week October 10 and was referred to her by a friend. From the moment I met her I knew we would be friends. She literally made my wedding day experience better than I ever thought possible...I am... Read More super awkward with photos and she made me feel so comfortable and beautiful the entire day! My bridesmaids were a handful and she was able to direct us and keep everyone in line and on schedule the entire day. You can tell she has so much experience and a true passion for photography. I can't even imagine picking anyone else to photograph my wedding! And the icing on the cake was I wasn't expecting to get any teaser pictures for like a week and she gave me one within 24 hours! I was so impressed! Now I just can't wait to see the rest because the first one was already so good! She is a true gem and now I know I have a photographer for life for any photo needs in the future!!!! Love her! So basically anyone looking for a photographer just needs stop looking and book her immediately!

2016-10-17T23:21:22 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of your kind words. You two are such beautiful, genuinely kind & amazing people!! Thanks for choosing me to photograph your big day-- I enjoyed every minute of it!!! <3

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Katy B

If I could give Laura 10 stars, I would. She is absolutely phenomenal! 1. She is so talented! All of her photos look amazing - seriously there are photos she has shown me that I'm like, "wow, I was there, and I don't know how she caught it exactly like that". Trust me on this,... Read More and if you don't - look at her website. 2. Laura is super, super organized. She hadn't shot at my venue before, so she went to check it out the day before. It unexpectedly rained on my wedding day so she showed up with umbrellas for cute photos. She had my very loud, very distractible bridal party actually paying attention. She had our very large families in and out. 3. She is super flexible. We had a lot of changes because of the rain, and she got it all figured out. She found great new places for photos, rearranged the bridal party to accommodate the space, and just really handled everything we threw at her. 4. She is super professional. Laura was with us for 10+ hours on my wedding day. During our ceremony, she was grabbing a bite and if she saw something she thought we'd want, or if someone asked for a photo, she got up and did it - even when we told her not to worry. She was absolutely 100% there for us. 5. She's super cool. My husband and I were so comfortable with Laura that it was easy to ignore the camera. My dad is still talking about how phenomenal she is! At one point, I couldn't find my lipstick and she offered me hers. I am telling you, she's the best!

2016-10-09T01:00:02 Response from the vendor

OH MY. <3 KC, this just made me SO happy. We certainly had a crazy day that day, but it sure was fun!! I loved how you were able to roll with all the curveballs thrown at you that day and never once stopped smiling.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Kaity O

Laura is amazing! She and the girls helping her were so sweet and captured the most amazing photos from our wedding! I absolutely love our pictures and couldn't have asked for a better photographer to work with!

2016-10-09T01:01:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much KT!!! <3 It was such a great day and I'm so glad I got to be there for you!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Emily G

Words can't express how much we loved Laura from our very first lunch together. Her creativity and WOW-factor finished product were exceptional, but paled in comparison to the memory I'll always cary of her calm under pressure and soothing presence on the big day. She... Read More recommended poses that were flattering, and helped us to keep capture the moments that we would have skipped over otherwise. Worth every single penny to have the experience that she provides. I would give seven stars if I could! We love you, Laura!!!

2016-08-05T23:36:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Emily! Your kind words mean a lot to me. It was a pleasure and an honor to photograph your day... Hope to meet up with you soon! <3

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Ben M

We could not have been more pleased with a photographer and the outcome as we were with Laura. She took our engagement and wedding pictures and was more than accommodating when we made things difficult. My (then) fiance and I were each living in a different city than the... Read More wedding, and she was extremely flexible in time and location when my fiance and I were briefly in town at the same time to get them done. If I say we loved the outcome of our engagement session, then we LOVED the work she did on our wedding day. Laura did a fantastic job at capturing exactly what we were going for and all the details that made up the day. She ran a tight ship on the wedding day (despite the wedding party's attempts to slow things down) which is exactly what you want on a day with so many things going on. I could go on and on about the photos from the day. They are SO beautiful. I will warn you, she makes choosing favorite images hard, because we love them all! If you're looking for quality, affordability, and an all around genuine person interested in making your day succeed, you've found your girl!

2016-08-05T23:37:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! I had such a blast photographing your wedding. You two are the sweetest.. best wishes to you in Seattle!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Crystal B

When we made the decision to have some engagement photos taken professionally, we were overwhelmed with all the photographer choices in Nashville! We emailed several of them and Laura was BY FAR the nicest, friendliest and most responsive. We are thrilled that we chose her! She... Read More made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire shoot and was flexible in meeting our request for multiple locations. She recommended poses (so appreciated!) and backdrops and captured such beautiful moments. She's so laid-back and such a professional and made our experience so much fun! We were initially nervous about the experience, but Laura took away that nervousness immediately with her friendly demeanor and sense of humor and she explained her vision so clearly to us that her instructions were easy to follow! We would very HIGHLY recommend her for your engagement shoot!

2016-04-04T13:57:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind, amazing review! I had a blast working with you guys!

The Raddest Wedding Photographer, Bar None

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Ruth A

Full disclosure: Laura and I go back – way back to the time we were both young pups during undergrad, slaving away at a coffee between classes. We bonded over a shared love of Bright Eyes and art. That said, I'm a discerning woman, and I wouldn't make exceptions for friends... Read More where my wedding photos are concerned. In fact, my main priority for the entire wedding was that the photos had to be spectacular. But my connection with Laura did come in handy – I had been keeping up with her photography business on Facebook and was consistently impressed with her work. When it came time to choose a photographer, I knew I'd be incredibly lucky if she'd be willing to make the trip to Ohio to make it happen. As the fates would have it, she was available. Good thing, too – my photos turned out better than I could have imagined. One in particular looks like a Renaissance painting, which is precisely the kind of standout, unique photography I was after. She was also wonderful at wrangling my family members who were more interested in drinking than in standing still for photo opps. And I don't think I've ever seen my husband look so natural in photographs before. Every photo of him made me fall in love over again. She even snapped a couple stunning photos of my darling Pomeranians that I plan to frame and keep on my desk at work. In short, I couldn't recommend Laura's services more. She's immensely talented, professional, and warm, and I'm so glad she was part of the big day.

2015-10-23T09:13:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Ruth! I'm honored to have photographed your wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Hannah C

This is the most important day of your life up until now. Choosing Laura will help capture that day in the most perfect way possible. My husband and I were lucky enough to have a friend of ours refer us to Laura and after seeing her portfolio, we had to book her! Laura was so... Read More much fun to work with, from emailing back and forth, to our engagement photo session to our wedding day. I looked forward to shooting with her because I knew no matter what, she would make us look amazing! How she using natural light to create stunning photos is pure magic. We could not be happier with out entire experience. Choose Laura K. Allen to be your photographer and you will be the happiest person in the world!

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Carolina D

Where do I even start? When my husband and I were looking for a wedding photographer, it was stressful and scary. We wanted to make sure we picked someone with good experience, who understood our taste and could turn out some beautiful pictures. Lots of photographers have their... Read More own unique style and it always scared me that we wouldn't be able to find someone who could cater the images to us and our style instead of what they were used to shooting. Laura was the first and LAST photographer we met with. From the begging we knew she was perfect. She is so creative, open minded, and studious. She takes classes and is always attending workshops to further her knowledge and does so many different types of shoots. This is great because she has a fantastic point of view and thinks outside the box. Our engagement pictures were perfect, and so were our wedding pictures. She made this OCD bride feel at ease with a timeline, questionnaire, and lots and lots of emails and texts ironing out details, answering questions, and keeping in touch. For our wedding, we had special LED lighting and Laura didn't even hesitate to go to the venue the night before the wedding to make sure she was prepared for the lighting and that she knew how to capture the best light. She kept in touch with me and even purchased/set up a beautiful lit backdrop for our formal pics when the weather didn't help and we knew we wouldn't be able to take those outside. I have nothing but great things to say about Laura. My entire family loved her. The package we got was so inclusive and had everything we needed for a fantastic price. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer and know who will be taking family/baby portraits in the future :)

Captiva Wedding

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Laura A

Laura and I have been friends for years, so when I got engaged I asked her to be my bridesmaid AND photographer...for my destination wedding. Not too much to ask, right??? I am so glad that she was able to be a part of my big day and best of all she captured everything so... Read More beautifully. Laura is so professional while shooting, but also makes the day fun so that you can enjoy yourself as well. She is truly a gifted photographer with a natural eye for compositions. I can't tell you how many times I said, "it looks like something from a movie!" when I saw my wedding photos for the first time. The photo quality and the moments she was able to capture are stunning. I could not have asked for a better photographer/friend than Laura.

Best Photographer EVER!

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Garrett F

We LOVED Laura!! Both me and my husband adored the engagement photos and wedding photos she took for us. She was so respectful and considerate for what we were looking for from our photos. We told Laura we wanted someone who was not at the wedding to be able to look at the... Read More pictures and feel like they were there and let me tell you, she did this and SO much more! We were in love with everything. She was so easy to communicate with and prompt on all her responses! She captured the little things from our big day so well. I could not have asked for anything better. We will highly recommend Laura to our friends and anyone getting married! Laura was so nice that I feel like she is one of our friends now! Choosing Laura for our photographer was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding!

Pick Laura- you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 12/18/2014 Ashley G

I am so happy that we found Laura to be our photographer to capture our wedding! Photography was one of the most important things to get right for our wedding and Laura did not disappoint. From the second I contacted her she was nothing but friendly, courteous and professional... Read More (She even rec'd a friend to do my hair and makeup). Since I was planning my wedding from across the country and would not have a chance to meet the photographer until close to the wedding which made me a bit nervous. But, Laura took the time to talk with me over the phone and get to know my Fiance and I and what we wanted, which made me feel great. I can't say enough about how happy I was when I saw our wedding pictures. Laura captured everything I wanted and more. She also kept everything on track the day of in order to get all the shots we wanted. Her turn around time is amazing as well. We received our engagement pictures a week after taking them and our wedding pictures only few weeks after (which is FAST). If you are looking for someone who takes amazing pictures, is kind and friendly and won't break your wedding budget go with Laura!

Gorgeous Wedding and Boudoir Pictures!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Whitney P

Laura photographed both my wedding and my boudoir session and she did such an amazing job. I'm all about candid photos so rather than stand my family up for hours of pictures on our big day, I simply asked her to "capture the atmosphere of the wedding." The result was flawless.... Read More Our wedding book is like a story, and through her pictures you can feel the happiness and togetherness that day created for us and our family members. The boudoir shoot was extremely nerve-racking for me. I was tentative to go in and try to be "sexy" for a camera. Laura put me right at ease and made me feel so comfortable and happy in my own skin. The result was a classy, timeless collection of pinup pics I can be proud of when I'm old and gray. :) The confidence shown in my boudoir pics was shocking even to me, and made me feel so good about myself. Not to mention, my husband loved them! ;) I couldn't have asked for a better photographer.