Based in Central Wisconsin and serving all of Wisconsin

Laura Schmitt Photography

From the excitement of getting ready, to your first kiss as husband and wife and all of the moments in between, your wedding day is as unique as your love. I find joy in creating photographs that are sure to last a lifetime. I'm now booking weddings in 2017 and 2018!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Based in Central Wisconsin and serving all of Wisconsin (715) 486-6567

Our Wedding Day! 9/26/15

Reviewed on 12/11/2015

Laura was simply amazing. Such a calm, sweet, and caring person. She captured all of the perfect moments from our day!!! We love the candids which captured our love perfectly and ALL of the pictures from the whole day. We cannot be happier and are so lucky to have such amazing... Read More pictures from an outstanding photographer. Would recommend her to anyone! Our friends and family complimented throughout the day how great she was!!! Thank you Laura for everything! Alicia and Andy

Perfect Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Sonia B

I was so happy I chose Laura Schmitt Photography for our wedding. We had a Catholic church ceremony and then a reception at a nearby golf club. The church photos are lovely. She was able to capture so many angles (including from the balcony), I am surprised she was working... Read More alone. The color and lighting are perfect and there isn't one photo where someone looks awkward or there's a strange gap in spacing of people. We took bride/groom and bridal party shots at the golf club immediately after the ceremony. They are equally as lovely. Just the right amount of posing. Everything looks very natural. An hour or so into the reception Laura asked if my husband and I if we would come back out for sunset photos. It was really thoughtful of her to think of that and they are some of my favorite of him and me. After the wedding, my photos were available promptly (~6 weeks. I was married mid June the height of wedding season so I was surprised it was this quick) and uploaded to a secure website for me to share with my friends and family. As well, Laura provided me with a flash drive of all my photos in a beautiful box with a wedding photo on it as well as hard copies of ~125 photos (4x6's). I was so surprised! My photos are gorgeous and capture our big day exactly how I remember it. However, my favorite thing about Laura Schmitt Photography is Laura herself. She is prompt in replying to any/all emails, she is thoughtful (we received a note in the mail weeks leading up to the big day) and she is so natural and sweet - my entire wedding party loved her. My Maid of Honor made multiple comments along the lines of, "Your photographer is adorable! She smiles so big behind her camera!" Nothing about her photography felt forced or awkward (exactly what you do NOT want on your wedding day). You can tell she loves what she does and the quality of her work reflect that. I would recommend Laura a million times over. She is exactly what any bride should want in a wedding photographer.

Lucky to have found Laura

Reviewed on 7/11/2012 Emily H

Among the many blessings we experienced during our wedding planning and day, finding Laura to be our photographer definitely was one of them. I can't think of one thing that she could have done better. During the run-up to the day, she had lots of ideas for photos, including... Read More options for if it rained. She also was very receptive and encouraging of our photo ideas. On the day of, she made a family that is uncomfortable getting their photos taken extremely comfortable. I had many family members and friends comment on how great she was that day. She recognized fantastic photo opportunities and she was game to shoot our crazy ideas as well! Laura's photo-journalism background shined in our photos. Along with the great posed shots, we have tons of candid moments to cherish forever. In fact, many of them are my favorites. After the wedding, Laura kept us up-to-date on the status of our photos. I enjoyed that I could see a preview of some of our photos on her blog, and we received our proofs and CD in a timely manner. We were lucky that someone recommended Laura when researching photographers. I hope this review passes on that good fortune.

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Katie F

I am very happy that we booked Laura to do our photography. She is extremely organized and helped answer my questions about how a wedding day schedule usually looks. Then, on the day of she calmly helped keep us on track when we weren't noticing how fast the time was flying by.... Read More Fantastic! Also, the pictures looked amazing and she gave us a cool gift. The only reason I gave her a 4 star is because I always believe there is a little room for constructive criticism which is this: a little bit more help with posing people that don't know their body angles.

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Megan L

We are so happy we chose Laura for our wedding. She did an absoluetly amazing job capturing everything on our special day! She had so many wonderful ideas for photos and made sure we got every photo we wanted as well. She kept everything moving so smoothly during photos which... Read More helped to keep me relaxed on our wedding day! The photos she captured were absolutely beautiful and could not have asked for more out of a photographer. We now have such perfect photos to look back on and remember our wedding day for years to come!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Amanda S

Laura is AMAZING! My now husband and I used her for our wedding and engagement photos. She was so easy to get ahold of when we needed her, and it was very easy to plan appointments with her when we needed them. She is very good at using the natural light in her photos to get... Read More the best picture possible. She is so good at making you feel comfortable and relaxed when she is taking the photos. All the photos are available to us online in a gallery, and she also sent us a flash drive with the pictures as well. It is awesome that we have access to all of our photos. I would recommend Laura to anyone! My husband, family, and I are very happy with our choice to use Laura.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Allison M

Laura was such a pleasure to have as our photographer! She was very easy to work with and was always very quick to respond to emails. She was so willing to answer all of our questions and offer advice through the planning process and helped us work through a tight and... Read More difficult wedding day timeline. We wanted to find the perfect spot on Lake Michigan for photos, and Laura was willing to look through pictures we took to provide feedback on which spots would work best. Truly above and beyond! Laura was super organized on the day of the wedding and kept the photos moving to keep on our tight timeline. We had no doubt she would get all of the shots we wanted. My husband and I are not usually comfortable in front of the camera, but she made us feel so comfortable taking pictures on our wedding day. Our photos turned out amazing and we couldn't be happier! Laura really captured our day perfectly!! We highly recommend Laura!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Breanna S

If you want the very best, go with Laura! Not only does she truly have an artistic gift when it comes to photography, she has the professional skills to back up her art. (I think that makes her especially unique in this day and age, when pretty much anyone can pick up a camera... Read More and call themselves a wedding photographer.) Laura was amazing to work with and our wedding photos (all 500+ of them) are absolutely perfect. We couldn't be happier with her work. Also, she's just a pretty cool person! I'm not someone that is comfortable in front of the camera, but Laura really went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. We had so much fun working with her! Highly, highly recommend.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Valerie N

We took a chance on Laura after she showed up in a Google search for Central Wisconsin photographers - we didn’t know anyone who had worked with her but we liked her other work and her prices seemed reasonable. We booked an engagement session knowing that, in the back of our... Read More minds, if we ended up hating the photos, we could always try to get someone else for our wedding day. We met Laura at our engagement photo location (she travelled a couple of hours to get there) and right away we felt comfortable working with her - she acknowledged the initial awkwardness but easily made us feel comfortable. She directed without being overbearing and was also open to our ideas. A few weeks later, we received our engagement photos… and we loved them. We felt they captured us as a couple and we felt encouraged about having her as our wedding day photographer. Fast forward a few months and Laura notified us that she was pregnant with her due date about a month after our wedding date. Upon informing us of her exciting news, she had already lined up an alternative photographer to come photograph our wedding in the event she could not be there. She also indicated that, if she was able to be there, the second photographer would come anyway! She went above and beyond in making these arrangements, and we were grateful. Wedding day came and Laura was on point. She was so friendly with our family and friends and was almost like an assistant! Her friend and alternative photographer, Andi, was just as kind, fun, and helpful. During the ceremony, I hardly noticed either photographer. Prior to leaving for the night, Laura came up to me and my family on a couple of occasions to confirm that we had all the pictures we wanted captured. My husband and I awaited anxiously for our photos, because we knew they’d be good. But when we got our photos we were shocked - they were even better than we could have imagined. Laura captured all your traditional shots but she also caught some candid moments that we only fondly recalled after looking at the pictures - and isn’t that the point of photographs? To bring back memories? We were so pleased with our pictures and are getting so many compliments on them. We couldn’t recommend Laura more highly! Thank you, Laura, for being a part of our best day ever!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Chelsea I

Laura was a fantastic photographer for both our engagement pictures and our wedding day. She was professional, laid-back but efficient, and quickly caught on to our personality as a couple. Her photography style matched well with what we were looking for and her approach helped... Read More us feel at ease. We were able to relax on our wedding day, knowing Laura was there to capture every moment and we are so pleased with our photos, receiving many compliments on them from our family and friends. We highly recommend Laura for photography!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Andrea F

Laura captured our wedding day so perfectly! She is so talented at what she does! Everyone that has seen our wedding photos are in love with her work.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Jake D

Laura did an amazing job as our wedding photographer! She was super easy to work with; always very responsive during the planning period leading up to the wedding and very organized for the wedding day. All the pictures are incredibly beautiful and we're so happy that we have... Read More them to help us remember our wedding day forever. I highly recommend Laura!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Kate Z

Laura was a pleasure to work with!!! Would highly recommend her to friends and family :) She did a great job with our engagement and wedding photos. I LOVE them! So grateful to have such beautifully captured memories. We've received lots of compliments on the photos from others... Read More too! She was always quick to respond to any questions. She was VERY organized on the wedding day which was a huge help. Kudos to her! We were running a little behind, but she kept all of my family and wedding party moving so we could get all the photos we wanted while still starting the ceremony on time. Thanks, Laura!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Alyssa B

Laura was absolutely wonderful. She helped with the entire process if you had any questions or needed any help even before the big day! On your big day she is like another personal attendant, she is there and ready to help with anything you might need. The pictures turned out... Read More amazing and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to take the pictures, she does awesome works, I would recommend her if you need a photographer for anything!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Courtney L

I originally came across Laura Schmitt Photography a few years ago for my now brother and sister in-law's wedding. Three years ago I was so impressed with her work, so a year ago when my now husband proposed to me I knew I had to look into Laura. When I initially met with... Read More Laura to go over the details, she was very open to hearing what our interests are as a couple and learning the things that we thought were most important for our wedding. Laura had many ideas and suggestions and I found it very helpful because she is so experienced where as I've never planned a wedding before. :) As the wedding grew closer, Laura and I worked to make an agenda that would outline our day so we knew where to have the groomsmen and the bridesmaids when the wedding day arrived. It took a huge weight off my shoulders in the days leading up to the wedding knowing where and when things would be happening on the wedding day because of Laura's outline helping shape my itinerary. On the wedding day, Laura was prompt and jumped right into photographing the dresses, shoes and bouquets. She was calm, collected, and very easily went with the flow when our morning wasn't quite going as expected. After the ceremony, with the time Laura built in we were able to catch up on the poses we missed before the ceremony and we actually had all the bridal party pictures finished before anticipated, making time for more fun! Throughout the dinner and reception Laura snapped many valuable pictures and we even were able to get a little couple shoot right at sunset with spectacular lighting. The next day after the wedding Laura shared a few shots from the wedding and I was instantly excited to see the rest. A few weeks later we received the proofs and I couldn't have been happier. There were so many priceless shots of our family and friends and I can't imagine having had anyone else shoot our wedding. I would highly recommend Laura to family and friends! She is a fantastic photographer, very easy going, easy to reach either by phone or email, and a pleasant person to work with. She made our wedding day fun, light, and enjoyable. Everyone in the bridal party got along great with Laura; I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Chrissy W

Laura's photos are amazing! My husband and I have been getting endless complements from friends and family about, not only the pictures themselves, but also just the fact that Laura was so organized and helpful on the big day. On top of that, she was fun and easy to get along... Read More with, which makes a huge difference when you're doing odd poses and kissing in front of a camera haha. She really has an artistic eye and knows exactly what will turn out beautifully. Laura goes above and beyond for her clients - she gave us printed copes of all the pictures, plus a USB...and it was all sent in the most beautiful wooden box with our name and wedding date on it. And something totally unexpected, but something that really impressed me - she sent us a starbucks gift card a month before the wedding date and a sweet note that told us to enjoy the last month of being engaged. She's just the best. I totally recommend her to anyone looking for a great photographer. We'll be looking her up again some day for anniversary pictures and/or baby :)

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Brittney B

Laura did an absolutely wonderful job! She was helpful with ideas and suggestions before the wedding and on the day of. She was professional but fun and took care of organizing family and friends for photos during the wedding. We received our pictures promptly after the wedding... Read More as well as follow up emails from her regarding our satisfaction with the prints. Would definitely recommend her for ANY event :)

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Katie T

Laura was so easy to work with! She made sure that everything that we wanted was done on the day and has such an easy going personality. She captured a lot of candid photos which I love, because I got to see a lot of the day that I wasn't able to the day of. We recommend her to... Read More everyone! You really get your moneys worth!!

Wedding photography

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Megan T

I had a great experience with Laura Schmidt Hiller as our wedding photographer!! She captured every little moment that I wanted! Decorations, in the moment photos...every part of our wedding was captured in our photos! She was so easy going and willing to work with whatever I... Read More wanted for that day. She was there from getting ready, all the way through the dance. She was fast and efficient getting all of our group pictures done because it was a little chilly outside that day! And they all turned out beautiful! I could contact her at anytime with any questions that I had. I highly recommend Laura for your wedding!

Reviewed on 12/08/2015

Laura did a wonderful job as our wedding photographer. She was very professional, organized, and worked with us to get the exact shots we wanted. We received our photos in a timely manner and they were stunning! Also, the personalized wooden gift box with photos was a nice... Read More touch. She had also done our engagement photos a couple years prior, which were excellent, so we knew were getting a great product when we hired her for our wedding. We would 100% recommend her! Thank you so much Laura for doing such a great job! Nathan and Kimberly

Awesome Job!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Dana

I would definitely recommend Laura to my friends and family. She was great to work with for everyone, and everything was done in a timely manner. She nicely kept everyone in line to get the photos done so we could stay on time throughout the day. The photos turned out perfect.... Read More You get what you pay for, and it was worth every penny. Your photos are the biggest piece of memories you have from your big day! I could not be happier with my choice, in choosing Laura to photograph our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Heather B

I recently got married in September and would highly recommend Laura for your wedding day!! She was so easy to work with leading up to the wedding and day of. She was so calm and easy going but was still able to manage our large wedding party and capture amazing pictures. She... Read More had her own creative ideas and was also very open to incorporating ones we thought of beforehand and day-of. We are so pleased with our wedding photos! She did a wonderful job and was also reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend her!

Engagement & Wedding

Reviewed on 11/06/2015

We are so happy with how all of our pictures turned out. Laura is fantastic!! She really listened to everything we want in our pictures and she delivered above and beyond that. We are extremely please and will be for sure using her again for all of our family pictures. Thank... Read More you so much Laura!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Katie R

The pictures from your wedding day are one of the most important things you will carry with you through your marriage to remember and reminisce about this incredibly magical day. THANK GOODNESS for Laura and Cassy! They took the most amazing, beautiful and fun photographs that... Read More completely captured every emotion of that amazing day! Laura was so sweet, relaxed and efficient - it made for such a relaxing experience as the bride. Her organization and poise in the weeks leading up to the wedding, the whole day of and through all of those family shots... oh my... it was second to none! We could not be happier to have found Laura, and to have chose this follow Iowan to capture our wedding day in Door County. Once the day was over, Laura was so kind to get me 20 photos to use for thank you cards (I had forgotten to ask before) in just a few days time. And then, when the 6th week was over and Laura emailed to say the pictures were going to be ready... Oh. My. Goodness. I look at them everyday. The pictures are so lovely and candid that I can feel the same emotions I had that day! When I thought it couldn't get any better, Laura sent a package with the USB drive. I began to open a carefully wrapped box... A wooden box, carved with our names and wedding day. When I slid it open, I found a beautiful bundle of pictures tied with a ribbon and a wooden, carved USB drive with all of our memories on it... WOW! Thank you so much, Laura! You have truly exceeded every expectation I had! You are an amazing person and incredible photographer. I can't wait to work with you again!!

Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Jamie L

Laura was great! She delivered exactly what we were looking for. She was extremely professional and very easy to work with. I had very high expectations for our photos considering the investment we made, and I can say it was worth every penny.

Laura Schmitt Hiller

Here is what you need to know about me: I have been married for four years, I love being outdoors, taking photographs and spending time with friends and family. When I’m not taking photographs, you can find me running, biking, canoeing or sitting on my back porch watching birds. Winter is my new summer, but if it is too cold to play outside, I spend my time cooking, reading, and finishing the quilt I started two years ago:)I live in a little white house in the woods in Central Wisconsin with my husband and no chickens – yet!