Bridesmaid Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Alterations

13010 Shawnee Mission Pkwy, Shawnee Mission, KS (913) 631-3010

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Maddie S

My experience with Laura's is probably different than most- but it was fabulous!!! I had tried to order a dress from another salon (that salon had the specific line I wanted)- when we ran in to SO many problems at the other salon, we cancelled the order and I was heartbroken! I... Read More had found my dress and wanted that specific one! So we called Laura, who carried the same designer but not line, and she worked it out so I could have my dream dress! She turned what was a horrible wedding nightmare back into the dream that it should've been! They really went above and beyond to make sure that I was going to be happy at the end of the day! Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Libby S

Unfriendly and borderline rude. I felt like I didn't belong and that they really didn't want my business.

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Allison B

I loved my reem acts gown! I knew Laura would get it I and it would be perfect. There's not a lot of flexibility in hours or for fittings. Because of that, I decided to go with a different alterations place- fine stitch. It was a mistake. Although I would have had to take... Read More off work, I should have used Laura's seamstress. Fine stitch altered my gown in a way that it creased at the top- which really ruined the gown. Laura was not helpful in directing me at all on my veil or headpiece. It's fine that she carries a small selection of these, but I'd expected more direction or recommendation on where to go other than, "etsy." However, that worked out great - I called a bridal shop in Denver who also caries reem and they suggested a vendor. Love veils and accessories (Cori) created the most beautiful headband I could've imagined! It was perfect. But all in all for Laura- the shop carries beautiful gowns, but doesn't cater to you as much as other shops.

Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Quinn H

When I first started looking for my wedding dress I thought I would end up going to several places and trying a bunch of dresses on. Laura's Couture was the first place I went and I found my dress after the 5th or 6th dress I tried on. When I walked out of the fitting room and... Read More saw my sisters tear up, I knew I had made the right choice! I did go and try on other dresses at another salon because I had already made an appointment, but the other dresses just didn’t compare. It wasn’t until I put my dress on that I had my first “oh my goodness, I’m getting married” moment! I felt like a Bride! At Laura’s Couture you're the only person in the salon and you have one on one service from her. It makes the entire process feel so special and FUN! From the first time I arrived to the day I took my dress home, I had the best experience. I received so many compliments on my dress and everyone said “that dress is so YOU”. Thank you Laura for helping me find the perfect dress! You helped make our wedding day wonderful in every way!!

Top selection in KC!

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Brooke S

I tried on what felt like every dress in KC before finally calling Laura's couture. I spoke with Laura on the phone for about 30min prior to my appointment - I knew I'd find my dress there. I was beginning to think I'd be a bride without 'that moment' when you know it's THE... Read More dress, but I finally had it, and it was worth the wait! My dress was absolutely perfect after the alterations! My only complaint- Laura was not that accommodating during the alterations process. I was an out-of-town bride, and she was unwilling to let me use a short time on a Saturday to come try on my dress. I had to wait until 2days prior to the wedding to have my 2nd fitting. Thankfully everything worked out and I didn't need additional alterations, but I was a little disappointed in the service.

Laura's Couture Is the Best!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Amy B

I got my DREAM dress at Laura's Couture! To say they did an amazing job from beginning to end is an understatement. I connected with Laura immediately when I called to make my first appointment. She took the time to really get to know me so she could find me the perfect... Read More dress for me. I got beyond amazing service when I tried on dresses- had the whole store to myself (with my family there to help) and got mimosas! Laura was at every appointment I had and her whole staff really took AMAZING care of me! I felt like the #1 priority the whole process and was sad when it was over because I really came to love Laura and seeing her so often those last few weeks before my wedding. I can't imagine a more perfect and ideal place to get a wedding dress and will be telling everyone I know to go there for their future wedding dresses! They are the best!!!!!!!

First-class experience that's affordable

Reviewed on 12/18/2013 Kristina S

First-class experience without breaking the bank! From the day we arrived to the day we left with the perfect dress, we had the best experience. Laura, her husband and her team, are experts in this field that you can trust. We are so pleased we chose this store. It was the right... Read More fit for us and we couldn't be happier. I highly recommend setting up an appointment to see if Laura has the dress you can say yes to.

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Mollie L

I must of tried on a million dresses and Laura's was patient with my entire dress shopping processes. I was so happy with my dress, the alterations, bridesmaids dress, invitations and accessories I got from her shop as well!

The best

Reviewed on 1/24/2013 Julie G

I followed in my sisters footsteps and went to Laura for my dress. It was great, I was able to find the dress of my dreams on the first shot. They always make you feel so special at every appointment. I got all 7 of my bridesmaids dresses there as well. It was the easiest part... Read More of all the wedding planning! you must go there!

Personalized Elegance

Reviewed on 12/02/2012 Catherine S

The experience at Laura's was second to none - completely personalized and unique. They value listening to their brides and choosing dresses that will compliment and accent the brides best features, while still keeping the brides "ideal gown" in mind. Laura is excellent at... Read More understanding her brides and truly knows what dresses will allow the bride to be even more glamorous and elegant than she had ever imagined. My family and friends were treated to an amazing environment that felt relaxed and comfortable. I would highly recommend Laura's based on our fantastic experience that we had - she and her staff made the entire process so much fun. I felt that my dress complimented me better than I could have ever thought and I was astonished at how beautiful I felt in my dress. Thank you!

Laura's Couture Collection

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Alice R

My experience at Laura's was overall pretty good. The staff there wants to make your dress shopping day incredibly special, and I believe in that regards, it was very accomodating. I do feel as though I was a little rushed into making my dress selection and once we had put down... Read More the deposit for the dress, our visits became of an obligation for them. I felt as though they were just trying to get us out as fast as possible if they had another bride coming in to shop or for a fitting. Although the quality I will have to say is quite amazing. They sell true designer dresses and the prices reflect that. If you are looking for a dress + alterations under $2000 this is not the shop for you.

LOVE! LOVE!

Reviewed on 9/23/2012 Amanda J

I had waited a long time for my wedding and from the moment I entered Laura's Couture it just felt like the perfect fit. The staff is wonderful and never makes you feel anything but special. They have so many beautiful dresses but something to fit every bride's style! Even... Read More the budget conscious bride. I wish I could get married again just to keep going back to buy another dress and visit the awesome staff and Laura!! Love it and recommend to anyone! My dress was for a destination wedding and I couldn't have been happier!

2013-04-18T15:26:57 Response from the vendor

Amanda, I loved seeing all your wedding pictures you sent! We miss you!

Pure Perfection

Reviewed on 7/27/2012 Allie Hastings H

This place is divine! Dress shopping was such a delight. Laura listened to my wants and pulled the perfect dress. One thing to keep in mind, you have to have patience once you've found the dress. It takes time to make it just right. This shop has the best designers and... Read More selection in KC!

LOVED IT!!

Reviewed on 11/24/2011 Ashley H

the only place around me that had the designer that i wanted. they sent in my request for dresses i wanted to try from the designer i wanted and they delivered. great to work with wonderful store.

beautiful dresses

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Anne G

I am very happy to have found my dress here, but be prepared for the boutique to select the dress for you. Laura's does carry the top of the line dresses, and they will make that known to you. I believe the store is quite selective with the type of brides they wish to work... Read More with.

Great quality and unique dresses

Reviewed on 9/27/2011 Ashley I

I was very picky during dress shopping because I always like to be unique and dress like no one else. I had my heart set on having a dress that was not white or ivory (or any color in the white spectrum). I shopped at at least 6 other prominent and large wedding gown shops in... Read More town and Laura's was the only place that had a dress in a different color (blush pink) - and it fit me perfectly so she gave me a big discount for buying off the rack. They also gave discounts for many other factors. They were easy to make appointments with and did a great job with alterations.

Designer Gown Became One of a KInd

Reviewed on 9/02/2011 Linda B

My daughter exceeded her original budget for her wedding gown, but the dress was a sample, and it was gorgeous. She had already tried on gowns at several other Kansas City salons. When it was time to shorten the gown, my daughter liked the idea of a lace peplum, which was not... Read More part of the gown, but could be created during the shortening process. It was accomplished and the dress came out amazing. So many guests at the wedding said it was perfect for my daughter, and one of the most beautiful they had seen. It fit her like a dream, and it was done early with no stress.

Simply Elegant

Reviewed on 8/31/2011 Catherine L

If you're looking for elegance, style, quality, and service, then Laura's is the place for you. I had a hard time visualizing what I wanted, but Laura was patient and full of ideas for little changes to make so that my dress was perfect. Her personal relationship with the... Read More designer enabled me to have custom touches added to my dress to make it THE dress.

Perfect Dress

Reviewed on 10/14/2010 Cameron M

I loved my dress from Laura's Couture. I had been to 3 other wedding dress shops and the dress I found was the last one I tried on. The shop is clean and classy. You are welcomed with a mimosa when you walk in and Laura picks up quickly on what type of dress you are looking... Read More for.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/14/2010 dani g

Loved my dress and the staff. It was kept in perfect condition the whole time it was stored at their location.

Elegance

Reviewed on 8/31/2010 Yasamin T

Laura's bridal store is in one word elegant. She worked with us directly to make sure the gown I selected was the exact right one for me, she is such a sweet lady & very easy to work with. She listened to the style I had in mind & within 4 dresses I had THE one! My... Read More husband loved my dress & I am still receiving compliments on it. Thanks Laura!!

Review for Laura's Couture Collection

Reviewed on 8/25/2007 Gretchen P

Laura and Marty greated us at the door on each visit with a smile. They were willing to help us work within our lower budget. Wondreful, especially since it was a couture shop!

Start a Conversation!