Lauren Decosimo Bridal and Celebrity Hairstylist

NYC, Long Island, Palm Desert, or any Destination

Bridal Hairstylist on Location! Anywhere!

Congratulations. I, Lauren DeCosimo, a Bridal and Celebrity Hairstylist with 15 years of experience. I am here to create an unforgettable experience for you. Specializing in updos and down styling that will last days. I provide on-site services for your wedding day or event. There's no such thing as a Bridezilla, Ask me why! I have a masters degree, I am an Educator for Styling Techniques and Brands throughout NYC and Long Island and understand the daily demands of weddings in order to make your day calm and enjoyable. One wedding a Day. Anything is possible!

NYC, Long Island, Palm Desert, or any Destination (631) 848-4049

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Lindsay D

Lauren was great to work with for my wedding. From our trial, she was great about listening to what I wanted and working with my hair type. With a ton of really fine, straight hair, I have never been able to get it to stay in an updo until Lauren, who managed it beautifully, and... Read More it lasted all day throughout dancing! She does beautiful work on updos, especially in the back, and I got tons of compliments on how well my hair went with my dress. I was just as impressed by her work on my bridesmaids and mother-in-law. She did a great job of matching each person’s hairstyle to their personal style, which I think is just so impressive considering that she was meeting them all for the first time. But while they were all different, they were all just really classy. Lauren was great to work with day-of — she was punctual and relaxed and it was fun to hang out with her while everyone was getting ready.

Lauren was amazing!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Christine S

I LOVE Lauren - she did an amazing job on my hair and all of my bridesmaids and my mom, plus we all had an amazing time with her while she was styling us. My wedding ceremony was set to start at 2pm, with the bridal party leaving at 12:45. Lauren started at 7am and had us all... Read More ready to go before noon. It was great that she stayed to do touch-ups and her infectious energy and upbeat attitude really made the morning getting ready so much more enjoyable. I cannot recommend Lauren enough- she was phenomenal and everyone's hair looked even better!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Erin

I could not have been more impressed with Lauren and her professionalism. Not only did Lauren do an absolutely amazing job but she was so easy to work with. I was so lucky to have her. Pinned & Proper was referred to me through a friend of a friend after a horrific experience.... Read More With less than 4 weeks before my wedding day, a hair & makeup artist did not show to my trial. The previous team was to not only do my hair & makeup but my 4 bridesmaids as well. Feeling like I could not rely on them the day of my wedding I called Lauren hoping she was available. Miraculously she was available and not only did she get back to me quickly but she called me! It was so nice to have full communication with her throughout the entire process, nothing was lost in translation. Lauren put me to ease right off the bat and she did an absolutely amazing job! She is an incredibly talented artist. She was very receptive during the trial process to any ideas or suggestions I brought up. Lauren & Evy (my make-up artist) worked so well together which made getting ready seamless and so much fun. I could not have been happier with how my hair and make-up turned out. My hair was beautiful and stayed in all night which is amazing because I have very fine straight hair. My make up was stunning! Evy gave me a natural look that enhanced my features and really made my eyes pop. Lauren & Evy made my bridal party look absolutely amazing. I am so happy they were a part of my wedding day. I would highly recommend using Lauren!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Constance F

I was married on 10/15/16 Lauren not only handled me but 7 bridesmaids. She did an awesome job! We weren't behind schedule at all and never felt rushed. Everything was easy peasy and all my girls hair came out great! Exactly what I wanted. Lauren is highly recommended

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Fiona A

Lauren was great, she works fast and efficiently and would definitely recommend her to friends!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Rebecca Z

I had Lauren for a trial two months before my wedding. It was for me, my MOH and mother and possibly one other. I ended up signing a contract with her about 20-25 days (because she took forever to get me the contract), for myself and 4 other women, (I added two more!) and I... Read More mailed her a $160 deposit. One of the women had to cancel due to a physical ailment, and we told this to Lauren two days before my wedding day and she said no way that we owed her the money for that person because any changes needed to happen 60 days prior to event day. She knew, as anyone who can read knows, we signed the contract far less than 60 days before the event day, and so that was literally impossible. We were so disgusted with this answer, that she already took the $160 deposit and then wanted the additional $100 or she wasn't going to come - that we canceled her two days before my wedding. Which caused great anguish for any bride as you can imagine 2 days before their wedding. Luckily I went with the original company I was going to go with and it worked out wonderfully but then something else horrible happened on my actual wedding day- Lauren tried to steal my $500 that she would have received had she actually worked my wedding day (after she already cashed the $160 deposit weeks before), by running my card approximately 5 times again - ON my wedding day! My bank called me because there was suspicious activity and they blocked her from ever trying anything like that again -- but she legitimately tried to steal my money the day of my wedding when I had a million other things going on -- and then I get an email from her that morning saying she would still like to come, and is in the area? It was SO creepy. And I can not tell you how disgusted I am by every thing above - but the real sick part is that she tried to steal my money the day of my wedding. What an absolute nightmare, and its completely criminal and I will be taking this to the better business bureau.

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Crystal B

Everything was perfect for my wedding. My girls looked beautiful. Thank you for making my day so much easier.

Reviewed on 1/29/2016 Christine C

I can not even leave a review on services. I have been emailing back and forth. Lauren says she will call to talk about her service and about setting up a trial and she never calls. She told me Thursday and no call. Then she told me today and I am still waiting for a call. I... Read More think it is unprofessional and would not want this on my wedding day. So the search continues I can not stand unreliability. Way to treat a potential client 👎🏼

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Stephanie R

I was a bride on Dec. 11th 2015. Words cannot express how grateful I am to Lauren for making me look fabulous! My hair was on point!!! Extensions, curls, twist and all!!!! EVERYONE at my wedding LOVED my hair!!! Not only was my hair on point but she also saved the day, my... Read More mother's dress ripped right before photographer arrived. She helped mend the dress!!!!!!!!!! Love her and I will be using her again for any special occasion!!!!!!! Thanks Lauren!!!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

I got married on October 10 th and Lauren took care of me, my bridal party and my mother! I could not ask for a better updo on my wedding day. Lauren is an experienced professional who knows her job and is a good listener. She always listens to what the clients wants and strives... Read More to deliver results with excellence. Everyone loved Lauren's work and my wedding could not have been as beautiful as it wasn't for her. I was extremely impressed that it took her only a few hours to turn all of us into beauties! Thank you Lauren! ☺️

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lana T

I met Lauren at the end of the summer when I had a bad experience with another stylist. Lauren was able to answer all my questions and keep me calm, both at the trial and the day of my wedding. She made my bridal party and I feel beautiful on my wedding day, and gave each of... Read More us attention until we were happy. I would recommend her to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Antonella S

I just lauren at a friends wedding last Friday, I was very impressed with her work. She was amazing to work with and her company was a pleasure. She made the day that much calmer, and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone have a special event.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Natalia R

After having a few trials with different hair stylists, Lauren was the only person able to give me the look I was looking for, she's really fast and easy to work with, she can almost read your mind & doesn't give up until she makes you look the way you have dreamed for so long,... Read More I really recommend her, I'm a perfectionist & I couldn't be any happier with the result. Thank you so much Lauren!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Luba T

I had the pleasure of working with Lauren for my friend’s wedding in Westhampton Beach this August. She arrived at my hotel room door on the dot of our appointment time with a suitcase of every possible hair styling tool and product in tow. We consulted on the style I wanted... Read More and she got to work transforming my frizz into a sleek and voluminous blow out. She took the time to ensure that the look was coming out as I had envisioned and that I was happy with the end result. It was truly a treat to have the convenience of such a prepared, professional and accommodating stylist come and help me get ready on site. I was initially put off by the seemingly high price tag of just a blow out but quickly realized that the service is very well worth it. As a recent bride myself, I wish I had met her sooner because I am all to familiar with the stress of finding someone both talented and reliable. Luckily, I got to enjoy a bit of pampering as a traveling wedding guest myself!

Dream hair!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Bracha R

I met Lauren when she did hair for my sisters wedding. Since then she has been a big part of my wedding process. Bridal shower hair, hair trials you name it. Always comes out perfect. And trust me I am a perfectionist. She was there for me during my wedding day to make sure I... Read More felt beautiful. And my hair was perfect. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Melissa B

Lauren was AMAZING at my sister's engagement party and wedding! She flawlessly creates hair-dos and makes the bride and everyone else around the bride extremely happy. She took a look I wanted from a celebrity photo-- and in my opinion, made me look even better than the... Read More celeb!!! She is so fun and great to work with -- highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015

Thank you so much Lauren for helping make my wedding day perfect! My hair was amazing and exactly what I pictured! I highly recommend Lauren to any bride out there, you will not be disappointed in anyway. Nikita

Reviewed on 6/18/2015

Lauren was fantastic! She met us at our hotel and did hair for three bridesmaids, the bride, and the mothers -- all within a few hours. She's able to do pretty much whatever you ask. We all had different do's, from the bride's flower crown inspired updo, to my gorgeous braided... Read More bun, to simple but classy twists and sleek blowouts. We all loved our hair and it lasted all night and into the next day. I'd definitely recommend Lauren to any brides/bridal parties, and i already do regularly - so get on her calendar quickly before she gets booked!

Wonderful Experience!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2015 Ryan M

Lauren was incredible! Sweet, Patient, my hair was GORGEOUS! She did one trail beforehand, and I knew I loved her:) On the day of the wedding, she brought with her a makeup artist named Evy Drew who was also amazing! Everyone in the wedding party, including my 9 year old... Read More daughter, loved their hair and makeup!

beautiful work

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Kimberly

Lauren had the difficult task of doing hair for 9 women on an extremely hot and rainy day. She did an amazing job and everyone loved their hair. Would highly recommend her!!

No words to describe how happy I am!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Christina G

Lauren has eased my mind about my hair the day of my wedding!! I am never happy with how my hair turns out for any event ( and my wedding day is kind of a big one lol ) and she has completely changed that. She is beyond talented and is excellent with focusing on the bride and... Read More her needs/wants. My hair trial went amazing and she has been in contact with me the whole time to check in for any changes I may want. Bottom line if you want quality work and someone who can handle a large group of crazy ladies she is it. I look forward to seeing the outcome on my wedding day thank you again Lauren!!!

Late on wedding day!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

Lauren did the hair for my best friends wedding. For the trial she was very late and promised she would be on time the day of. Said she is never late and this was a one time thing. The bride believed her because sometimes things are out of our hands. The week of the wedding my... Read More friend confirmed the time, location and was told that she would bring an assistant. The morning of the wedding the bridal party went to her house at 6 am to get their hair done. An hour later Lauren still isn't there. I called her three times and left a message. We had her house number and had no choice but to call. Her dad answers and puts me on hold to wake her up!! A few minutes later the bride gets a call from her which I answered because on her wedding day she was upset! She asked me what I expect her to do. Ten minutes later she comes in and doesn't even apologize. She also didn't have a helper like was originally agreed upon. The mother of the bride and matron of honor had to go out to a place last minute to get their hair done because there wasn't enough time. Some of the girls hair fell out before the reception. When's he did the brides hair she apologized but gladly took her money. I would never recommend her to anyone needing her services.

Wedding Hair

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Kim D

Lauren is an amazing hair stylist and I absolutely loved how my hair turned out for my wedding. Lauren also styled the hair for my 3 bridesmaids, mother, and mother in law and everyone was extremely happy. I loved working with Lauren as she is very personable and makes you feel... Read More at ease. You can tell she loves what she does and goes above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect and you are happy. It was definitely one less thing I had to worry about on the day of my wedding and I can’t thank Lauren enough. I would highly recommend Lauren to any future brides!

Lauren knows her stuff!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Michelle S

I was SO HAPPY after my first trial with Lauren. I searched online FOREVER and couldn't find anyone other than Lauren who's style I liked. Everyone was too "prom-y" or super curled or not clean and classic but Lauren's portfolio was just what I was looking for. I had one... Read More trial with another stylist before Lauren and that was a disaster. After that I was so nervous - what if Lauren wasn't as good as I need her to be? What if she doesn't understand what I'm looking for? What if I can't find anyone to do my hair for my wedding?!?! But I had no more worries after Lauren came to my house for the first trial and she was AWESOME!!! We did 2 trial sessions, (I'm a perfectionist) and she was great to work with during both. For my first look I wanted a high bun and Lauren showed me a bunch of ways to do it ... who knew there were so many ways to do such a simple style. She listened to my comments and ideas and made small changes to placement until it was perfect. For my second look, she got my vision immediately and made it happen. Again she listened to what I liked and wanted changed, put a pin here and there and poof! exactly what I wanted! Lauren is so professional and so easy to get along with. When she came for the 2nd trial it was like having an old friend come visit and play hair dresser. For my wedding, she did my hair, my sister's hair & my mom's hair. We all loved our styles and they lasted through the night. Lauren worked well with my make-up artist which was also very important to me. For my 2nd style, to save time, they worked on me simultaneously and the work was flawless. If you're lucky enough to have her available for your wedding date, BOOK HER!!! She's awesome and you'll probably invite her to hang out at the reception afterwards just like we did! :) Lauren - Mom, Maddy & I thank you for your beautiful work on all of us!

Lauren was amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Meghan p

From the time I booked Lauren she was so extremely helpful. Not just for hair and make-up but for my nerves as well. On the day of my wedding Lauren and her team were on time and eager to get started. They managed to get 15 people completely finished in 5 hours and all the while... Read More staying on task through the craziness. I never felt more beautiful and so did my mother and entire bridal party. My hair stayed in place throughout my entire wedding and days following. You don't realize how important that is until you see pictures 10 hours later and you still look amazing. Lauren you were a godsend and I will certainly be recommending her to everyone!! I never received so many compliments and not just for me for the entire bridal party as well. If you are looking for a creative, friendly atmosphere for the day of your wedding Pinned and Proper is the way to go!!! Highly recommend her!!

Lauren DeCosimo

Lauren DeCosimo, is a New York based Bridal and Celebrity Hairstylist who began her career in 2001, because of her passion to make others feel beautiful. Through years of education and experiences accommodating 500+ brides in the last decade, she has established herself as a bridal expert in the industry. She has a talent for creating unforgettable moments for every bride she encounters. You will find Lauren working behind the scenes at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, Bridal Fashion Week, and on set for magazine photoshoots, teaching workshops and working with the industries best.