Lauren Decosimo Bridal and Celebrity Hairstylist

NYC, Long Island, Southern California, Florida, Worldwide

Traveling Bridal Hairstylist, NY and Worldwide

Congratulations and Welcome! As a Bridal and Celebrity Hairstylist with 15 years of experience, I am here to answer all your questions and help create an unforgettable experience for you on a very important day. I have accommodated 550+ brides and I understand the daily demands of weddings, including what is necessary to create a calm and enjoyable day. Whether it be an updo or down styling it will last you through the evening, you will also experience the added comfort and organization for a successful start to your day. All of our services are on-location. As an Educator for Cezanne and Hot Heads, I've learned that Styling Techniques and products are what guarantee the end result. One wedding a Day. Anything is possible!

1 Traveling Hairstylist, New York, NY NYC, Long Island, Southern California, Florida, Worldwide (631) 848-4049

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Lisa P

I cannot say enough about Lauren - I absolutely LOVE both her and her work. From the moment I contacted her to my wedding day, everything was perfection and ease with her. I got married in early June during one of the lovely 95 degree days (my wedding was outside). Lauren did... Read More hair for me, my mom, my sister in law, and my two nieces (flower girls). She was so organized and efficient that everyone was done and ready to go in time for the pictures - she even made sure I got time to eat before all the craziness was really going to get under way! For my wedding, I wanted a half up/half down hairdo but was hesitant about it as I also have severe migraines that make lots of pins in the hair very painful (and as someone who has incredibly thick wavy/curly hair, lots of pins are a must). Right from the trial, Lauren listened to my concerns, created the look (well multiple until I found the one I loved) and encouraged me to wear it that way for the rest of the day to make sure it would be ok for the wedding and if not, she'd adjust and make my vision happen (and make me comfortable). No adjustment was needed. All I can say is that I never felt a single pin and my hair stayed put in a gorgeous design during a 95 degree day for over 10 hours. I have already recommended Lauren to several people and will never hesitate to continue to do so. She was and will continue to be the best. To make what could be a stressful time less so, do yourself a favor and hire Lauren (and take any recommendations she give you!)

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Lori L

I am beyond happy that I decided to hire Lauren as my hairstylist for my wedding! I decided to have my hair trial the same day as my engagement photoshoot and Lauren listened to exactly what I wanted for my hair -- I have fine, long hair and she was able to style me with... Read More voluminous curls that lasted and looked special. For my wedding I basically wanted the same, just with a bridal hair comb incorporated into the look. When I asked Lauren to get hair extensions for me at the very last minute, she pulled through and completely saved the day! The extensions and the way Lauren styled my hair on the day of the wedding looked AMAZING. She cares so much about her brides having the perfect day; it really shows that she is passionate about her work and business. I can't say enough good things; she also brought along a second stylist for the bridal party, my mother, and mother of the groom and everyone looked stunning. I've already recommended her to others, who did a hair trial and decided to hire her as well. Once you meet Lauren for a trial, you will want to hire her too!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Susan E

I do not have enough words to describe the magic that Lauren worked on my hair for my wedding this past June of 2017. First, Lauren was amazing at my trial -- when I preferred trying different styles, she was happy to accommodate my whims until I found one I loved. Then on the... Read More day of my wedding, she calmly listened to each of my relatives/friends and everyone was so thrilled with the outcome, including my 8 year old niece who wanted her blonde hair up and the hair itself tied in a bow (which I have never seen). And when it came to my own hair, I receive compliments to this day on the photos and was asked by folks at the wedding to pose for photos so that they could show a bride-to-be my hair. It was intricate and classic and different all at the same time -- and I have thin hair! I cannot thank Lauren enough.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017

Lauren is great! I cannot say enough about her! Her work is absolutely phenomenal and as a hairstylist myself I was nervous about finding someone. She made me feel super comfortable during the trial and on the day of the wedding even better! She was on time and super up beat &... Read More made me feel pampered which I don’t always get! My hair and my sisters hair stayed great throughout the whole day! She came back later to the wedding venue to do touch ups which were not even really needed but so appreciated! I cannot recommend Lauren enough! I’m so happy I found her & I will definitely keep her in mind for future events!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Tiana S

Absolutely amazing! My wedding was very early and Lauren was ready! It was a very tight schedule and Lauren was able to efficiently and gracefully finished my bridesmaids within that time frame. It was amazing! Not to mention my very complex hairstyle. She created art on my... Read More hair. She was able to take ideas and bring them to life. Love her! She was professional, artistic and such a pleasure. I highly recommend Lauren to all brides!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Lindsay D

Lauren was great to work with for my wedding. From our trial, she was great about listening to what I wanted and working with my hair type. With a ton of really fine, straight hair, I have never been able to get it to stay in an updo until Lauren, who managed it beautifully, and... Read More it lasted all day throughout dancing! She does beautiful work on updos, especially in the back, and I got tons of compliments on how well my hair went with my dress. I was just as impressed by her work on my bridesmaids and mother-in-law. She did a great job of matching each person’s hairstyle to their personal style, which I think is just so impressive considering that she was meeting them all for the first time. But while they were all different, they were all just really classy. Lauren was great to work with day-of — she was punctual and relaxed and it was fun to hang out with her while everyone was getting ready.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Constance F

I was married on 10/15/16 Lauren not only handled me but 7 bridesmaids. She did an awesome job! We weren't behind schedule at all and never felt rushed. Everything was easy peasy and all my girls hair came out great! Exactly what I wanted. Lauren is highly recommended

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Fiona A

Lauren was great, she works fast and efficiently and would definitely recommend her to friends!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Rebecca Z

I had Lauren for a trial two months before my wedding. It was for me, my MOH and mother and possibly one other. I ended up signing a contract with her about 20-25 days (because she took forever to get me the contract), for myself and 4 other women, (I added two more!) and I... Read More mailed her a $160 deposit. One of the women had to cancel due to a physical ailment, and we told this to Lauren two days before my wedding day and she said no way that we owed her the money for that person because any changes needed to happen 60 days prior to event day. She knew, as anyone who can read knows, we signed the contract far less than 60 days before the event day, and so that was literally impossible. We were so disgusted with this answer, that she already took the $160 deposit and then wanted the additional $100 or she wasn't going to come - that we canceled her two days before my wedding. Which caused great anguish for any bride as you can imagine 2 days before their wedding. Luckily I went with the original company I was going to go with and it worked out wonderfully but then something else horrible happened on my actual wedding day- Lauren tried to steal my $500 that she would have received had she actually worked my wedding day (after she already cashed the $160 deposit weeks before), by running my card approximately 5 times again - ON my wedding day! My bank called me because there was suspicious activity and they blocked her from ever trying anything like that again -- but she legitimately tried to steal my money the day of my wedding when I had a million other things going on -- and then I get an email from her that morning saying she would still like to come, and is in the area? It was SO creepy. And I can not tell you how disgusted I am by every thing above - but the real sick part is that she tried to steal my money the day of my wedding. What an absolute nightmare, and its completely criminal and I will be taking this to the better business bureau.

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Crystal B

Everything was perfect for my wedding. My girls looked beautiful. Thank you for making my day so much easier.

Reviewed on 1/29/2016 Christine C

I can not even leave a review on services. I have been emailing back and forth. Lauren says she will call to talk about her service and about setting up a trial and she never calls. She told me Thursday and no call. Then she told me today and I am still waiting for a call. I... Read More think it is unprofessional and would not want this on my wedding day. So the search continues I can not stand unreliability. Way to treat a potential client 👎🏼

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Stephanie R

I was a bride on Dec. 11th 2015. Words cannot express how grateful I am to Lauren for making me look fabulous! My hair was on point!!! Extensions, curls, twist and all!!!! EVERYONE at my wedding LOVED my hair!!! Not only was my hair on point but she also saved the day, my... Read More mother's dress ripped right before photographer arrived. She helped mend the dress!!!!!!!!!! Love her and I will be using her again for any special occasion!!!!!!! Thanks Lauren!!!!

Lauren was amazing!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Christine S

I LOVE Lauren - she did an amazing job on my hair and all of my bridesmaids and my mom, plus we all had an amazing time with her while she was styling us. My wedding ceremony was set to start at 2pm, with the bridal party leaving at 12:45. Lauren started at 7am and had us all... Read More ready to go before noon. It was great that she stayed to do touch-ups and her infectious energy and upbeat attitude really made the morning getting ready so much more enjoyable. I cannot recommend Lauren enough- she was phenomenal and everyone's hair looked even better!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

I got married on October 10 th and Lauren took care of me, my bridal party and my mother! I could not ask for a better updo on my wedding day. Lauren is an experienced professional who knows her job and is a good listener. She always listens to what the clients wants and strives... Read More to deliver results with excellence. Everyone loved Lauren's work and my wedding could not have been as beautiful as it wasn't for her. I was extremely impressed that it took her only a few hours to turn all of us into beauties! Thank you Lauren! ☺️

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lana T

I met Lauren at the end of the summer when I had a bad experience with another stylist. Lauren was able to answer all my questions and keep me calm, both at the trial and the day of my wedding. She made my bridal party and I feel beautiful on my wedding day, and gave each of... Read More us attention until we were happy. I would recommend her to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Antonella S

I just lauren at a friends wedding last Friday, I was very impressed with her work. She was amazing to work with and her company was a pleasure. She made the day that much calmer, and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone have a special event.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Natalia R

After having a few trials with different hair stylists, Lauren was the only person able to give me the look I was looking for, she's really fast and easy to work with, she can almost read your mind & doesn't give up until she makes you look the way you have dreamed for so long,... Read More I really recommend her, I'm a perfectionist & I couldn't be any happier with the result. Thank you so much Lauren!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Erin

I could not have been more impressed with Lauren and her professionalism. Not only did Lauren do an absolutely amazing job but she was so easy to work with. I was so lucky to have her. Pinned & Proper was referred to me through a friend of a friend after a horrific experience.... Read More With less than 4 weeks before my wedding day, a hair & makeup artist did not show to my trial. The previous team was to not only do my hair & makeup but my 4 bridesmaids as well. Feeling like I could not rely on them the day of my wedding I called Lauren hoping she was available. Miraculously she was available and not only did she get back to me quickly but she called me! It was so nice to have full communication with her throughout the entire process, nothing was lost in translation. Lauren put me to ease right off the bat and she did an absolutely amazing job! She is an incredibly talented artist. She was very receptive during the trial process to any ideas or suggestions I brought up. Lauren & Evy (my make-up artist) worked so well together which made getting ready seamless and so much fun. I could not have been happier with how my hair and make-up turned out. My hair was beautiful and stayed in all night which is amazing because I have very fine straight hair. My make up was stunning! Evy gave me a natural look that enhanced my features and really made my eyes pop. Lauren & Evy made my bridal party look absolutely amazing. I am so happy they were a part of my wedding day. I would highly recommend using Lauren!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Luba T

I had the pleasure of working with Lauren for my friend’s wedding in Westhampton Beach this August. She arrived at my hotel room door on the dot of our appointment time with a suitcase of every possible hair styling tool and product in tow. We consulted on the style I wanted... Read More and she got to work transforming my frizz into a sleek and voluminous blow out. She took the time to ensure that the look was coming out as I had envisioned and that I was happy with the end result. It was truly a treat to have the convenience of such a prepared, professional and accommodating stylist come and help me get ready on site. I was initially put off by the seemingly high price tag of just a blow out but quickly realized that the service is very well worth it. As a recent bride myself, I wish I had met her sooner because I am all to familiar with the stress of finding someone both talented and reliable. Luckily, I got to enjoy a bit of pampering as a traveling wedding guest myself!

Dream hair!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Bracha R

I met Lauren when she did hair for my sisters wedding. Since then she has been a big part of my wedding process. Bridal shower hair, hair trials you name it. Always comes out perfect. And trust me I am a perfectionist. She was there for me during my wedding day to make sure I... Read More felt beautiful. And my hair was perfect. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Melissa B

Lauren was AMAZING at my sister's engagement party and wedding! She flawlessly creates hair-dos and makes the bride and everyone else around the bride extremely happy. She took a look I wanted from a celebrity photo-- and in my opinion, made me look even better than the... Read More celeb!!! She is so fun and great to work with -- highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015

Thank you so much Lauren for helping make my wedding day perfect! My hair was amazing and exactly what I pictured! I highly recommend Lauren to any bride out there, you will not be disappointed in anyway. Nikita

Reviewed on 6/18/2015

Lauren was fantastic! She met us at our hotel and did hair for three bridesmaids, the bride, and the mothers -- all within a few hours. She's able to do pretty much whatever you ask. We all had different do's, from the bride's flower crown inspired updo, to my gorgeous braided... Read More bun, to simple but classy twists and sleek blowouts. We all loved our hair and it lasted all night and into the next day. I'd definitely recommend Lauren to any brides/bridal parties, and i already do regularly - so get on her calendar quickly before she gets booked!

Wonderful Experience!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2015 Ryan M

Lauren was incredible! Sweet, Patient, my hair was GORGEOUS! She did one trail beforehand, and I knew I loved her:) On the day of the wedding, she brought with her a makeup artist named Evy Drew who was also amazing! Everyone in the wedding party, including my 9 year old... Read More daughter, loved their hair and makeup!

beautiful work

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Kimberly

Lauren had the difficult task of doing hair for 9 women on an extremely hot and rainy day. She did an amazing job and everyone loved their hair. Would highly recommend her!!

Lauren DeCosimo

Lauren DeCosimo, is a New York based Bridal and Celebrity Hairstylist who began her career in 2001, because of her passion to make others feel beautiful. Through years of education, experiences and accommodating 500+ brides in the last decade, she has established herself as a bridal expert in the industry with a talent for creating unforgettable moments. You will find Lauren working behind the scenes at Mercedes Benz & Bridal Fashion Week, on set for magazine photoshoots, teaching workshops and working with the industries best. Last seen at Oheeka Castle assisting Peta & Maks from DWTS.