Lawn Club Fine Catering

New Haven, CT

The heart of New Haven is yours.

The New Haven Lawn Club, founded in 1891 and housed in a stately Georgian mansion in the New Haven's prominent East Rock neighborhood, has long been a venue for the city's most elegant social gatherings. As special today as it was to debutantes in the 1920's, the Club's distinctive architecture - including its ballroom's barrel-vaulted ceiling, crystal Art Deco lighting, and checkered terrazzo floors - has been carefully preserved to maintain its refined and graceful geometry. Although the building is historical, Lawn Club Fine Catering's menu and event planning are anything but old-fashioned. Our sumptuous menus aspire to delight and surprise guests with international flair and creative use of fresh, seasonal ingredients. Professional event planners anticipate all you and your guests ne

$$$$ – Expensive

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

418 Humphrey Street, New Haven, CT (203) 777-0137
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Michelle B

We were married at the Lawn Club in May 2017, and we could not have been happier with our experience there! The venue alone is amazing - we fell in love the instant we walked in! Its rare to find a venue with such history and character that also has a ballroom large enough to... Read More host nearly 200 guests! It's centrally located in the heart of New Haven, but set back from the street so you're removed from the hustle and bustle of the city - it's truly a hidden gem! We have been to many weddings, so we were looking for a place that was unique and beautiful and the Lawn Club is it! So many of our guests commented on what a gorgeous venue it was, how delicious the food was, and how it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to! We chose to get ready on-site (and have hair and make-up come to us), which was one of the best decisions I made throughout the wedding planning process! The bridal suite is huge and feels really cozy - it's just a nice way to start the day, and you can relax knowing you don't have to rush off anywhere after you're done getting ready. In addition to the venue, the staff is amazing! Christine, the director of weddings, is the very best! She was on top of every detail which helped put us at ease, and was extremely helpful with suggestions and advice throughout the planning process. Christine will meet with you a few weeks in advance of the wedding to run through the day with you down to the minute, so you're completely comfortable with everything. She also called all of our vendors the week of the wedding to touch base, which was a great help to us! You can tell she really loves what she does as she goes above and beyond for all her couples! And although we only worked with him the day of the tasting and the wedding day, Andy the banquet manager was wonderful as well! We highly recommend the Lawn Club - it is the ultimate place to get married!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 William & Michele B

A superb and elegant venue, lovely, charming staff and gourmet food. Christine Brush, our event planner was like a member of our family. She made our daughter's wedding one of the best days of our life.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Faye O

Such an amazing venue. We had such an wonderful and memorable wedding. Everything from the planning process to the actual day went off without a hitch thanks to Christine and her staff. Christine is so attentive and works so hard to make sure all details are taken care of. She... Read More was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process and was so helpful in choosing my wedding vendors. I received numerous compliments regarding the venue (and the amazing food, elegant decor, polite staff) as well as my DJ and Photographer-both recommendations from Christine. The Lawn Club is such an elegant venue, I am so glad I chose to have my wedding here.

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Lauren M

We got married at the Lawn Club on June 3, 2017 and I’m still beaming from ear to ear just thinking back on that day. It was beyond anything I could have imagined, and the Lawn Club was a HUGE part of making that happen. Our guests are still commenting on our wedding - about how... Read More AMAZING the entire Lawn Club staff was! What’s more, our guests could not stop talking about the food, saying it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. This is not your standard “wedding food.” This is a top-notch, gourmet spread. Go for the pepper-crusted tenderloin appetizer - we heard so many compliments about this one. And the mushroom ravioli pasta is to die for. We added a pasta course, and people who didn’t even like mushrooms loved this dish. And Christine Brush. She was key in executing our day and I can’t say enough good things about her. We ran into a transportation issue when our contracted bus didn’t show up for the day. She helped us remain calm and at the end of the night, helped coordinate Ubers for anyone who needed to get back to the hotel. And on top of that, when we were back at the hotel for our ‘after party,’ Christine stopped by on her way home to drop off a few items that we had left at the Lawn Club. Christine went above and beyond that day and we are so happy to have worked with her and the entire staff. If you want a breathtaking building in the New Haven area, with the best staff and food, definitely make a visit to the Lawn Club.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Mikael C

There’s a reason you see so many five star reviews for the New Haven Lawn Club – they really are that good. After checking almost every wedding venue Connecticut has to offer for our travel-themed extravaganza, this was our last best hope. To say it was the best singular... Read More decision we made during the entire wedding planning process is an exercise in understatement. What makes the NHLC special: - It’s not a wedding factory. Yours is the only wedding there that day, and the staff there is dedicated to making it as special as possible. - The wedding coordinator, Christine Brush, is simply fantastic. No detail is overlooked. Anything that goes wrong will be made right to the greatest extent possible. She has more than a decade of experience in weddings, and it shows in her calm, cool professionalism and her guidance in bringing your vision to reality. - They will make your wedding your own. If you have special requests, a theme, or something out of the ordinary (we got married with the seating arranged in a circle around us in the ballroom), they will do their best to make it happen. In fact, I think they quite enjoy it! - Speaking of the venue, it’s magnificent. If you’re not into brick backgrounds for pictures, Yale, and its stunning architecture, is minutes away. The ballroom is old-style beautiful, and with the right up-lighting, itransforms to match your color palette. Best of all – no 1980s carpets you see at most venues! - The food is to die for. Most people don’t remember the food they ate at a wedding. Trust me, most of them will remember the cuisine here. - They carefully maintain their preferred vendor list. The ones we chose were all top-notch and did a fantastic job (HK Photography, Correlation, Vantage Point Films, JCakes, Candi’s Floral Designs). My understanding is everyone on that list is fantastic. I could go on, but this is already getting long-winded. Best of luck on finding your venue and do yourself a favor – check NHLC out!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Jennifer R

We got married at the Lawn Club in May, 2017. From the first time I even saw photos of the venue, I knew it was where I wanted to get married, the 1920’s-espue look and décor are incredible and a perfect setting for a wedding. Every aspect of the Lawn Club was perfect. From the... Read More service to the food to the landscaping to the candles that are everywhere during the wedding; every detail made our wedding day everything we hoped for. I also can’t say enough about Christie who is the in-house coordinator. For the entire 1.5 years between picking the venue and our wedding day, she made the planning process so easy for me. She was responsive, professional, friendly and helped our rehearsal and wedding day run so smoothly. I can’t imagine having gone through this process without her. We were thrilled with all of the vendors she recommended as well. I can’t say enough great things about the Lawn Club and all of the staff there. We wouldn’t change a thing.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Katie B

The second I got engaged, I was looking at different wedding venues near the New Haven/Fairfield, CT area. The moment I clicked on the New Haven Lawn Club website, I knew right away I wanted to hold my wedding reception there. I quickly called up the Club and spoke with... Read More Christine with Fine Club Fine Catering and rest is history. She was beyond helpful and understood exactly what I had envisioned for my wedding. When I went on my first walk through if the club, I fell in love with the building. The entre atmosphere and energetic of the building was so positive and wonderful. The club is filled with little pops of art and historical pieces that you cannot find anywhere else. The ballroom is breathtaking. The chandlers are absolutely stunning and adds so much elegance to the room. The food tasting event that was held at the club was outstanding. We tasted everything from the appetizers to the main entrees. It was so hard to choose because everything tasted was amazing! When it came create my wedding timeline, Christine was so helpful. She was able to provide the best venders, recommendations and helpful advice. She is a true professional and cares about each and every one of her clients. I would highly recommend having your wedding at the New Haven Lawn Club. My wedding was flawless, exciting and the best day of my life. Thank you Christine and team for making my wedding a dream come true!

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Jessica S

Absolutely amazing. We had our ceremony and reception at the New Haven Lawn Club. Christine and the staff worked so hard to make sure our wedding was perfect. Our guests were so impressed with the venue and the food! I cannot recommend them enough for a wedding!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Adrianna C

The New Haven Lawn Club was the absolute perfect location for wedding. Christine and her team were exceptional and exceeded our expectations every step of the day. They ensured that we were able to savor every minute of our day and helped to make it so incredibly special for... Read More us and our families. We could not have selected a more perfect venue.

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Leah P

Christine, Erin and the rest of the team at the New Haven Lawn Club were absolutely amazing. They were helpful and attentive from day one and everything came out perfect on our special day. I couldn't imagine a more beautiful venue and an even more perfect team that put it all... Read More together. We would absolutely recommend them!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Claire K

Choosing the NHLC for our venue was the BEST decision we made throughout the whole process. To say the experience was excellent is a vast understatement. The wedding director, Christine Brush, made sure everything was perfect and was with us every step of the way. We were... Read More able to get ready on-site, which I highly recommend doing. We did both our ceremony and reception at the NHLC. During cocktails, the staff flipped the ballroom and the transformation was incredible. Our wedding was perfect. The ballroom is gorgeous, the food is delicious, and the thought that went into each and ever detail was brought to perfection. The trusted vendors recommended by the NHLC were all top-notch. We wouldn't have changed a thing.

The Best Night of our Lives

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Jillian Z

Our wedding was truly the best day of our lives. From the very start, we were exceptionally happy. After the ceremony ended and we headed to the reception, things only got better! Christine and the entire catering staff at the Lawn Club was simply fantastic! They were extremely... Read More organized, professional, fluid, and personable! Every guest was accounted for, every meal was cooked to perfection (and tasted delicious), and every last detail was attended to. The ballroom and cocktail area were decorated beautifully! It could not have been a more perfect night!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Samuel E

I cannot praise the lawn club highly enough. Every detail was perfect. Christine and Daniella are perfect coordinators. They go above and beyond every step of the way and make the day beautiful, smooth and stress-free. The location is impressive: trust me - your guests will... Read More rave about it! The food is incredibly delicious. I strongly strongly recommend that you use this venue.

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Kelly W

I can honestly say nothing but AMAZING things about New Haven Lawn Club. I was so impressed from my first walk through with Christine. She was incredibly natural at explaining all of the venue's offerings, open to all questions, and just easy to talk to that I was drawn to want... Read More to collaborate with her. Also, the rooms were gorgeous! Throughout a year of planning, Christine and Daniella really made the experience seem effortless. They check in to see what vendors I booked, offered to help find vendors when I struggled, and gave great suggestions that I was able to use. They immediately replied to emails and it honestly felt like talking to great friends. I called them the "wedding fairies" which they do not know! Both were so professional, knowledgeable and just a joy to have. I trusted everything with them. NHLC's wedding tasting was phenomenal and vast! It was unlike an experience. Every appetizer, salad, pasta, and main entree (8 total) are served! My husband and I were so full, but couldn't stop eating- it was so good! NHLC has one wedding a day and allows the bride (and groom) to get ready there all day. I was there with my bridesmaids from 8 am until going to the church at 3 pm. It made the day so much more exciting. Seeing everything setting up, flowers coming in, etc. As a bride, I truly loved this and was happy my bridesmaids got the first peek with me. The bridal suite is huge, making the morning so comfortable. We kept blowing the fuses while getting ready and the staff kept resetting the power for us with a smile. All the staff checked on us all morning, asking to help or bring anything. The night was flawless. My husband and I felt such at ease with everyone there. The staff was just as incredible from the bartenders, waiters, literally everyone. You can tell everyone that works here truly loves their job and has a passion for it. We can't thank you all enough! Our day was absolutely perfect and we owe it all to NHLC! We will recommend you to everyone we know getting married.

Wonderful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Christian G

We found the Lawn Club on Wedding Wire and we were just wowed by the pictures. We decided to schedule a visit and when I e-mailed the lawn club I was very impressed by the speed of the response and the professionalism in the e-mail itself. Christine and Daniella are the most... Read More supportive, caring and helpful people in this business! We had so many ups and downs during the planning process. I work a ton of hours, had no idea what I was doing and truthfully got lots of bad advice. Christine and Daniella helped us navigate some very difficult decisions and were always there to help us. Even when I was running out of time (and patience) to finish up favors, Christine spent an afternoon to help me get the job done quickly! It was such a relief and she did me the biggest favor! The building itself is breathtaking. We did visit two other venues before this one and I have to say one of the major selling points for us is that we would be the only wedding that day. They also provide a list of some of the best vendors in the area. The tasting was exceptional for us because it gave us a chance to find all of the vendors we had not yet found. Particularly, our florist, music/entertainment, photobooth, ceremony music, etc. The food was amazing. Every time we see someone for the first time since the wedding they tell us how much they loved the food. But my favorite compliments are the ones about the staff. From the bartenders to the waiters, our guests were amazed at (again) the speed and professionalism staff showed to everything. They were all so warm and inviting. Between the staff, the beauty and history of the venue itself, the amazing Christine and Daniella, the awesome vendor referrals and having the entire place to yourself on your wedding day... well it just doesn't get any better than the Lawn Club!

Superb!

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Lisa G

Christine and Daniella are amazing. They helped to create the wedding of my dreams. Everything ran smoothly. The food was outstanding, and the venue is gorgeous.

Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Kristina H

New Haven Lawn club did an amazing job with our wedding. The venue is beautiful with lots of different places for photos. The coordinators, Daniella and Christine are friendly and accommodating. They answered all of my questions and were wonderful! They made us feel so special... Read More and the service was amazing! We had no complaints and would recommend this venue to any of our friends and family.

Awesome, soooo pleased

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Brittany S

We looked at the lawn club at the suggestion of a friend who had previously gotten married there. Christine, the wedding coordinator, is amazing, will help with anything you need and definitely keeps everything in order for you. The day of our event everything went off without... Read More error. You do a couple walk throughs, including the week of the wedding, it is so nice to see how all of your visions will come together. The food is absolutely amazing, and the service is even better. Everyone there is great. The décor and ambiance is everything we could have asked for. Christine and Danielle do a great job of spreading candles and making everything perfect. Christine also called me the week of to tell me that she made sure she had flowers in the pots on the terrace for our big day in May. The outside terrace is great as a nice, outdoor space, but you don't have to worry about your whole reception being ruined if theres bad weather. All in all we would go here again in a heartbeat, absolutely wonderful, wish we could do it again!

Above and beyond our expectations!

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Susan M

The minute my husband and I stepped into the New Haven Lawn Club and met Christine, we knew it was the place we wanted for our day. We booked right away, which began such an enjoyable wedding planning experience and led to such an amazing wedding day. Christine, Daniella and... Read More their entire team were such a pleasure to work with from day one. It was a huge help having on-site wedding coordinators. Many of my friends who have gotten married did not have this luxury, and it is a huge perk of having your wedding at the NHLC. The venue speaks for itself. It is one of the most gorgeous, timeless and classic venues I have seen, and this isn’t just my biased opinion – our guests said the same thing! Prior to our wedding, the tasting we attended was so well done and mocked an actual wedding, which gave us a great idea of what our day would look like. When our big day came, the setup, service, food and the way Christine and Daniella made our vision come to fruition went above and beyond our expectations. Our guests are still raving about the service and the food. The timing of each course was perfectly planned – not too rushed, but totally efficient as Christine and Daniella knew we wanted as much time on the dance floor as possible. My husband and I felt like we were in great hands during the entire process, and this is invaluable seeing as there are so many moving parts and things to keep track of during the wedding planning process. I 110% highly recommend the New Haven Lawn Club to any bride and groom looking for a venue with a timeless feel that isn’t just another wedding factory. You and your guests will have an unforgettable wedding experience!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 4/08/2013 Meghan M

I could not have been happier with both the venue and the service that was provided by Christine and Daniella. We loved the venue from the moment we walked in and were completely sold after meeting with Christine the first time. Her passion for both the venue and her job really... Read More came through and we could tell she really loved both. They have a very organized system where you know they are always on top of the details along the way. They were incredibly responsive to any questions I had and helped to form our vision. On the actual day of, everything was perfect. As the bride, I felt like they were taking special care of me, but all my guests felt the same way. The food and flow were perfect and everyone raved about everything. I would highly recommend the Lawn Club to anyone looking for a beautiful and special venue that is not a wedding factory but still has the means to accommodate a wedding well.

Perfection!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2013 Samantha C

The New Haven lawn club is a stunning venue and makes for a very elegant affair. The food is fabulous and the service is even better.

5 Stars...I'd give 10 if I could

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Casey C

From the moment we walked in the door, to our final dance, everything was absolutely perfect. Choosing the New Haven Lawn Club for our caterer and venue was the best decision we made. It is elegant, stunning, unique, and timeless. The food was actually amazing, my guests all... Read More agreed (including family members who are chef's at well known NYC restaurants). Christine Brush is amazing! She is beyond organized, knowledgable, kind and exactly who you want running the show at your wedding. I honestly can't say enough great things about everyone that works here, the facility, food and experience that we had for our wedding. It was a dream come true!!!

The Whole Package!

Reviewed on 8/19/2012 Elliott M

NHLC is not only a beautiful location, as one can see from the photos on its website. Its staff go to great lengths to make your wedding plans into a seamless reality, with great attention to detail and incredibly responsive and professional staff. Christine Perusse serves as... Read More the location and wedding manager, but also performs many tasks that you would traditionally pay a lot of money for a separate coordinator to do. She has incredible taste and a sense for what will work logistically. Couples would be wise to solicit and take her advice! And the food is really incredible. Even when cooking for hundreds of guests, NHLC makes each plate look and taste like you're at a top restaurant. The prices are not cheap at NHLC, but if you can afford it, you and your guests will be able to tell it was a top quality choice.

Attentive and professional

Reviewed on 8/04/2012 Jeff S

The Lawn Club is an excellent place to have a wedding! The ballroom fits up to 200 people and is a wonderfully elegant space. The food is excellent (especially by wedding standards) and the wedding staff coordinators, Christine and Daniella, are gracious, detail-oriented, and... Read More accommodating. We were very impressed by the level of service that they provided.

EXCELLENT!!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Sandra B

I can't say enough wonderful things about NHLC and their amazing staff. From the moment, we reserved our date, Christine, Daniella and staff made you feel like their only bride. They were so attentive to detail and were so quick to answer any questions. One of the only venues... Read More that do a full menu tasting that includes table set up in your color scheme, and only one wedding per day. Our wedding day was perfect, and I know Christine and Daniella were working hard to make everything run smoothly. They are amazing!!