Legacy Hill Farm Wedding & Events Venue

New french country inspired farm wedding venue! Featured as one of Menguin's 10 Unique Minnesota wedding venues. Located just outside of the Twin Cities, near the beautiful historic city of Red Wing, Minnesota. Enjoy an event that flows through our outdoor ceremony site featuring wood church pews, cocktail hour bar, patio, fire pit, pavilion, & barn. Couples can also enjoy a bridal suite and groom's cottage as they prepare for their day. Cafe lighting, feature doors, trees lit with twinkling lights, a fireplace, and so many additional features create an authentic beautiful backdrop for weddings and events. Nearby accommodations with shuttle services make our location a convenient destination // Treasure Island Resort & Casino (4 m), Country Inn & Suites (5 m), St. James Hotel (12m)

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Historic Venue, Loft, Tented

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

16434 Highway 61 Boulevard, Welch, MN (612) 600-2143

Reviewed on 8/29/2015

You will not be disappointed by this venue! Getting married on July 31, 2015 at Legacy Hill Farm truly was everything we dreamed of and more. We were looking for a a single outdoor venue for both ceremony and reception that could still accommodate up to 300 people. We were so... Read More lucky to come across LHF, which is not too far from the Twin Cities, and grateful for the opportunity to work with Joan and Britni as they turned their family farm into an elegant wedding venue. Their attention to detail, style, professionalism, and availability was phenomenal. Our guests were blown away by the whole experience. There are so many different spaces to enjoy at LHF - including the ceremony site, bar, bonfire, pavilion, and barn. We were able to bring our own decorations to customize the space and worked with the caterers designated by the farm (also amazing!). The bride and bridesmaids enjoyed getting ready in the private bridal suite (bedroom, full bathroom, fridge, AC, huge mirror) while the groom and groomsmen relaxed in the groom's cottage (fridge, TV, bedroom). Our ceremony was at 7pm which made for a fabulous sunset and golden cornfields. Since we wanted one venue for ceremony+reception and therefore were not at a church, it was special for us to be able to have the church pews and cross outside. We had dinner and the dance in the pavilion, which is a beautiful space and has see-through curtains around the perimeter in case of rain. LHF staff were there all day, from morning setup to midnight end, making sure our special day went smoothly. They even had staff working as security and parking attendants. We had no issues with 250 guests - they are still talking about the farm! We cannot thank and recommend Legacy Hill Farm enough!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Aly S

Legacy Hill Farm made our dreams come true. The venue could not have been more perfect on our big day. Our guests enjoyed being outdoors and having the chance to play games, chat by the bar, lounge by the bonfire pit, or just walk around. Not to mention the entire place was just... Read More warmly lit and glowing at night that gave things such an enchanted feeling that we will never forget. Beyond the setup being so great, Britni and Joan made it such an easy process. Being that we live out of state, they accommodated our parent's visiting for us, and all of our questions leading up to the big day. We could not have been happier and Legacy Hill Farm will always have a place in our hearts.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jessica K

We loved everything about Legacy Hill Farm! The detail that they put into the venue site is AMAZING! They were great to work with and answered all of our questions! Our guests continue to rave about how much they enjoyed our venue and how unique it is! I definitely had my dream... Read More wedding.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Andrea V

Even though we had a rain-out, I LOVE that there are still so many indoor options for pictures. Plus our guests were happy and comfortable despite the awful weather conditions. My only regret is that we didn't get to fully use their outdoor space, because it's SO BEAUTIFUL!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Rachel S

We got married June 16th 2016 on a Thursday. I loved that they were available for Thursday, we got a deal, half off, because we booked early which was INCREDIBLE. The farm is amazing, so simple, we didn't have to bring hardly anything for decoration because of how detailed and... Read More beautiful the venue is on its own. The farm was a hit for everyone, I had younger women come up and tell me they were already planning a wedding at the farm haha. Such a smooth experience.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brooke B

My husband and I were in awe of the farm when we first visited and our first visit was at night time! It truly is a magical place! We were married here this past July. The layout of the venue flows perfectly, the doors are my absolute favorite, each building is very intentional,... Read More not to mention the new bridal squite is adorable! The love the owners have for the farm itself and their work is very apparent! We absolutely love Legacy Hill Farm!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Christine Z

Legacy Hill Farm is a dream! We had our wedding here in October 2016 and could not have asked for a more unique and beautiful venue to have our special day. Every space, from the ceremony space with its church pews and arch doors, to the new bathrooms and bridal suite with its... Read More french country decor, clearly shows attention to detail. Our guests were raving all night, and continue to rave about how beautiful the farm is and how well every spaces flows into the next. We loved how the farm animals roamed freely and even participated in our wedding ceremony :) Joan and Britni were easy to work with and responsive. They clearly have put their hearts into making this a special place. We feel incredibly fortunate to have had our wedding at Legacy Hill Farm!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Nichole H

Beautiful venue and very responsive owners. Overall we had a great experience with Legacy Hill and our guests loved all the different spaces (ceremony site, the barn, the bar, fire pit, reception pavilion, and restrooms). We also enjoyed the bridal suite and grooms cottage... Read More throughout the day. The only downsides, and I'm nit picking, were not having anywhere to store items during the reception (we had to use our cars) and the pavilion did get a little chilly despite having patio heaters and the tent heater running all night....but that's what you get for having a fall wedding in MN :). We would definitely recommend Legacy Hill Farm for your big day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sammy N

I am a wedding photographer and have worked at this venue several times. I honestly get SO excited when my couples tell me they are getting married here. The space provides beautiful backdrops making it so easy for the couple and guests to take pictures just about anywhere. I've... Read More also heard a handful of times from guests commenting how beautiful the farm is. If you are looking at a farm venue for your wedding, please take a trip out there and check it out yourself. I promise it'll be worth it! :)

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Belinda B

Our daughter got married at Legacy Hill Farm in September. It was absolutely wonderful in every way. The space is lovely, delightful, and comfortable. The owners have included so many thoughtful details to make the wedding party, family and guests feel sincerely cared about. I... Read More loved watching the guests arrive and seeing the delight on their faces. We decorated some - but it really didn't need much. It was already beautiful. I recommend Legacy Hill Farm wholeheartedly to anyone wanting a county wedding.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jane B

Where do I even begin? This venue was perfect. We had about 190 guests at our wedding and Legacy Hill Farm provided the perfect backdrop to our perfect day. From the cozy barn area where we had a photo booth and candy table, to the fun bar setting - not too far from the music of... Read More the dance floor but far enough to talk and laugh, to the bonfire area for a more secluded experience - Legacy Hill has everything. The facilities are gorgeous. You can see the love and attention to detail the family that owns and operates the venue has put into every single decision down to the last twinkly light. They are also extremely helpful throughout the process, giving you advice where you need it but also making sure the day is totally unique to you and your dream. Thank you Legacy Hill Farm - we will always be grateful.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Matt S

Beautiful venue, well planned, designed, and run! Britni was super easy to work with, encouraging, organized and down to earth with a great sense of style and solid advice and input on our many wedding day details!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Heather G

This venue is absolute perfection!! The space is beautiful and flows so perfectly from one area to the next. Our guests could not stop commenting on how much they loved the space, in fact we had several people comment that they wished they could live there. The bridal suite... Read More was adorable and it was so fun to watch as our guests arrived. The new bathrooms are stunning and they just keep adding more special touches. Our guests loved the fire pit, bar, wraparound porch and all the visiting spaces they were able to explore during the reception. I wish we could do it all over again next month. Thank you so much to Joan and Britni, you have a marvelous space that was the perfect background to our wedding day. We'll always treasure our time there and will always speak highly of your venue.

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Kari

I absolutely love Legacy Hill Farm. I had such a great experience with the LHF family. I am a stickler when it comes to customer service, and I have a high regard to Joan and Britni for all of my answered questions, the farm tour, and the experience as a whole. I may be... Read More biased, but our wedding was absolutely wonderful (for me), and my guests had only great things to say as well. This is a beautiful venue, and the natural beauty speaks for itself. I didn't go overboard with decorating, because you really don't have to. And it was such a luxury to have everything in one location...the wedding, cocktail hour, dinner, bonfire, dance. I wouldn't change a thing. It is everything I wanted and more.

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Paul A

We don't even know where to start. Our day was absolutely perfect!! Legacy Hill Farm (LHF) made our day so special. They took care of everything. They really have everything down to a science. They know exactly what do to and where to be at any given time. LHF was so easy to... Read More work with. You can tell they put their hearts into this business. They really care about you, your family, your day, everything. The small details were thought of. I had LHF set up all my decorations. Everything was set up so perfectly. It was just like I imagined it would look like. The security guard was awesome, bugs were not an issue, the whole venue was wonderful for photos. The layout of this venue makes it so your guest aren't ever crowded. The bar, bonfire, dining area, dance floor and upper barn are all great places to gather and catch up with friends. One of my favorite parts of the whole day was the moment I walked through the gorgeous doors and down the isle. I heard from many guests that the moment those doors opened, it was just spectacular. The bridal cottage was so cute!! Perfect location, up high so you can look over your guests and venue, air conditioned and a great back drop for photos. The bathrooms are brand new and look great! We are so incredibly happy with how everything went on our special day in early August. We would recommend this venue to ANYONE & EVERYONE!!! What a special place in our hearts. Paul & Emily August 6th, 2016

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

LHF is a great venue. I would recommend to anyone and everyone! :)

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Kolten K

Choosing Legacy Hill Farm was the best decision we made during our wedding planning process! My husband and I were married on 8/19/2016 and it was more than we could have ever dreamed of. We were looking for an outdoor venue that included space for ceremony and reception and... Read More this place is perfection. Not only is the property absolutely STUNNING, the owners Joan and Britni are so wonderful to work with! The ceremony site includes church pews and the view is simply breathtaking! We loved how the event space flowed so well together, there was something to do everyone! The dance, bonfire, yard games, and the upstairs barn loft was a huge conversation hit! Our guests could not stop raving how amazing this place is! The newly renovated bathrooms and bridal suite added such a lovely touch to the day! The guys also have an awesome cottage to get ready in as well! We can't say enough about this venue, we truly love this place and it was an absolute dream to be married there!!!! Highly recommend Legacy Hill Farm! We can't wait to go back and visit!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Robyn H

Where am I supposed to start with this place? Picturesque. One of a Kind. Gorgeous. We hosted our wedding here on 7/16/16. We toured the venue when they still had the blue print plans. At the time, it was just a field. Joan & Britni were wonderful & we believed in their vision... Read More for what Legacy Hill Farm would be. Once the plans were completed, the reality far exceeded our wildest dreams. The ceremony area, reception pavilion, bar and bridal suite were beautifully completed and naturally create a seamless flow from one thing to the next on your wedding day. The ceremony area is complete with real pews outdoors overlooking a rolling green field complete with wedding arbor. From there, your guests can follow a short path to the bar, fire pit and pavilion area. I knew I loved the vision for this farm when Joan showed me all of her inspiration for designs around the farm on Pinterest. This place embraces and combines the old with the new. There are vintage touches and modern finishes…a venue you can choose to dress up or down. I could go on and on, but here are the main highlights we enjoyed: -Joan and Britni run the farm (and live there) and they really care about your wedding day. They are kind, helpful and accommodating. My daughter was still nursing as well as a bridesmaid who had just had a baby. They allowed us late access to the bridal suite so we could pump and have a private space. So very sweet. -THE BRIDAL SUITE. You guys, it’s something right out of an HGTV dream. Your bridesmaids will love relaxing here. Complete with mini fridge, personal bathroom, seating, mirrors, closet, etc. -Photo Ops Galore! The farm provided countless backdrops for pictures. -The security guard. The farm contracts a security guard for $175 cash that you pay for that night. This is going to sound strange…but he was one of my favorite features of the farm. He got me my first drink after the grand march, he helped light the fire pit, he was so kind and respectful communicating any details my point person needed, he escorted me to our bus at the end of the night holding the umbrella for me every step of the way, AND he gave us a bottle of wine at the end of the night. Hero city. -You don’t need a ton of décor to transform this place. The features they include hold their own: French Bistro Chairs, White-Washed 8 ft tables for guest seating, Galvanized Metal Bar, fireplace, satin bride & groom chairs, shiplap walls…my heart is still fluttering. -New bathrooms on the lower level of the bridal suite. No porta potties here! -They have one preferred caterer & bar provider: This Little Piggy. This means the caterers come to the venue all the time and know what they’re doing. The food was amazing and my guests are still talking about it. Overall, we couldn’t have been more pleased with everything. Truly wonderful memories of a very special day. Thank you Joan, Brinti & Legacy Hill.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Emily B

Choosing Legacy Hill Farm was one of the best decisions of our wedding planning, not only are the grounds themselves absolutely stunning, the Hoffbeck/Nordine's are so wonderful to work with. They certainly bring a sense of calm to what can sometimes be a stressful time :) The... Read More event spaces flowed seamlessly into each other and we loved how there were small conversation areas away from the dance floor, as well as so many things for our guests to do! Bonfire, lawn games, space for a photobooth and a dance floor kept our guests entertained all night! The brand new bathrooms were such a wonderful addition to our day - they are beautiful as is the bridal suite and groom's cottage. They are such special spaces to get ready in! We are so happy with our choice of Legacy Hill Farm - it certainly is such a wonderful backdrop to our memories!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Chasity H

This venue caught my eye immediately! I wanted our day to have a mix of boho, french provincial, vintage shabby c, and rustic country styles all while keeping an elegant polish! I wasn't wanting a big red barn venue. I was more interested in a white french provincial twist to... Read More country/ farm style ( to keep that polish so to speak) and this place was that and more! Legacy Hill was beautiful and at our walk through I could see all of my visions coming together, and being complimented by this venue perfectly! The Legacy Hill crew was beyond friendly and accommodating! I was happy with everything about my day. Thank you for sharing your beautiful place with us!

perfect!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Emily K

The setting is amazing, the set up flows, and the owners are very easy to work with. It was exactly what I had expected and wanted. Joan and Britni are very helpful and quick to respond to any questions we had along the way. They went above and beyond to make our day lovely. The... Read More only thing I would have liked is being able to set up the day before, but it is understandable why we can't and we had enough help that it didn't interfere with anything.

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Megan T

We were married on 7/18/15 and were the very first wedding at Legacy Hill Farm. This might make some couples nervous, but we trusted Britni and Joan implicitly. They were easy to work with, incredibly accommodating, very communicative and made us feel like we were their first... Read More priority from the moment they told us they had our date available. Legacy Hill Farm was exactly what we were looking for: an outdoor venue (with a safe rain plan!) with beautiful, versatile spaces that could accommodate not only our larger wedding (160+ people) but the vision we had for our day. To us, the best part about LHF was that there was something for everyone. We've been to so many weddings where your options as a guest are dancing or sitting at your assigned table. At LHF, we had people dancing and sitting at tables, but also having fun in the photo booth in the barn, relaxing by the fire, chatting in the bar at the built-in high top tables, sitting on the cafe-style patio, kids running around and looking at the sheep and piglets, folks playing cornhole in the yard and just walking around exploring the beautiful grounds. We truly felt like our guests felt comfortable, happy and totally at ease at LHF. Our wedding was casual (pig roast and square dancing) but this venue could easily be dressed to the nines if that's your style. The contracted caterers were also easy to work with and the food was delicious. Our ceremony was at a local church, but the ceremony site at LHF is absolutely stunning and flows easily into the other spaces. We cannot recommend Legacy Hill Farm highly enough.

Joan Hoffbeck & Britni Nordine

Centered in every legacy is a family and at the heart of Legacy Hill Farm lives ours. We’ve been told that this is what makes Legacy different - that our heart is completely in what we do and we are not simply a business. We are a family. Over 24 years of laughter, barn dances, and sharing our farm with others sparked a dream of building out a space where families and friends could celebrate their special days together. We have now been a part of planning over 100 weddings and every time it is an absolute honor to come alongside each couple as they begin their own legacy.