Legacy Hill Farm Wedding & Events Venue

A French Chic Industrial inspired venue that simplifies your wedding & planning. 2017 Borrowed & Blue Best All Around Wedding Venue Minneapolis / St. Paul Located just outside of the Twin Cities near Red Wing, MN & just minutes from excellent accommodations. Enjoy an event that flows through our outdoor ceremony site featuring wood church pews, cocktail hour bar & patio, fire pit, pavilion, barn, & granary. Couples can also enjoy a bridal suite and groom's cottage as they prepare for their day. Cafe lighting, feature doors, trees lit with twinkling lights, a fireplace, and so many additional features create an authentic beautiful backdrop for weddings and events.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue, Loft, Tented

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

16434 Highway 61 Boulevard, Welch, MN (612) 600-2143

Reviewed on 8/29/2015

You will not be disappointed by this venue! Getting married on July 31, 2015 at Legacy Hill Farm truly was everything we dreamed of and more. We were looking for a a single outdoor venue for both ceremony and reception that could still accommodate up to 300 people. We were so... Read More lucky to come across LHF, which is not too far from the Twin Cities, and grateful for the opportunity to work with Joan and Britni as they turned their family farm into an elegant wedding venue. Their attention to detail, style, professionalism, and availability was phenomenal. Our guests were blown away by the whole experience. There are so many different spaces to enjoy at LHF - including the ceremony site, bar, bonfire, pavilion, and barn. We were able to bring our own decorations to customize the space and worked with the caterers designated by the farm (also amazing!). The bride and bridesmaids enjoyed getting ready in the private bridal suite (bedroom, full bathroom, fridge, AC, huge mirror) while the groom and groomsmen relaxed in the groom's cottage (fridge, TV, bedroom). Our ceremony was at 7pm which made for a fabulous sunset and golden cornfields. Since we wanted one venue for ceremony+reception and therefore were not at a church, it was special for us to be able to have the church pews and cross outside. We had dinner and the dance in the pavilion, which is a beautiful space and has see-through curtains around the perimeter in case of rain. LHF staff were there all day, from morning setup to midnight end, making sure our special day went smoothly. They even had staff working as security and parking attendants. We had no issues with 250 guests - they are still talking about the farm! We cannot thank and recommend Legacy Hill Farm enough!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Kelsey M

From the prompt communication to the rustic beauty and amazing staff, Legacy Hill Farm was such a perfect venue to get married at. I loved that the caterer they have takes care of everything! I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of my wedding, except decorating, which,... Read More if you visit, you will see that it really does not need much for decor as it is naturally gorgeous inside and out. Even on a cold day, which our wedding was, it surpassed my expectations! I would suggest Legacy Hill Farm to anyone looking for less stress and the party of a lifetime!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Jodi B

Legacy Hill Farm is magical! My daughter's wedding on 10/20/17 surpassed all expectations thanks to the support and guidance of Joan & Britni. The beauty and uniqueness of this venue captivated all our guests. It's an enchanted wedding village that includes a stunning Bridal... Read More Suite, gorgeous Groom's cottage, spectacular outdoor Ceremony Site, fabulous Bar Area & Upper Barn lounge and a breathtaking Reception Pavilion. Words and pictures cannot begin to capture the charm of Legacy Hill Farm. You must experience it... and experience it we did. LHF truly delivered the wedding of Maddy & Mike's dreams!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Heather S

I know every bride says their wedding was the "best day ever!" and perhaps that is true and most definitely should be... but I can not only say that about my wedding at Legacy Hill Farm but I can also say that our guests provided genuine positive feedback about how amazing the... Read More venue was throughout the night and after. This feedback was not obligatory statements by people who felt they had to say things like, "your wedding was amazing!" but definitely more heartfelt and real. I would also say that despite the rain all day on our October wedding (we had expected and planned for that beautiful MN crisp weather our entire engagement), the ceremony inside the pavilion was so intimate, beautiful and cozy inside with the fireplace on. All of our guests could hear, were comfortable and warm and the love and happiness in the venue was palpable. The team at Legacy Hill Farm are not only experts but genuinely amazing human beings who know how to keep the vibe positive throughout the day. They are with you every step of the way- visible and there when you want them to be and invisible making magic happen when you aren't even paying attention. I wish we could get married every year! Last comment would be that this is not like any other "barn venue." In fact, I wouldn't even lump it in to that category- yes it is on a farm and there is a barn but it is like a little village that has so much to offer- your guests will have plenty of options to entertain themselves and it's so gorgeous you don't have to spend a fortune decorating. It is honestly beautiful by itself.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Kayla C

This venue is absolutely AMAZING!! There are so many great things to say about this venue. Legacy Hill Farm made our wedding day the best day of our lives. It rained all morning the day of our wedding and it honestly made our day even better. The bridal suit is absolutely... Read More gorgeous!! The bonfire pit was a hit and it makes the venue feel so cozy and like you're right at home. The amount of compliments from friends and family about the venue was astonishing. Everyone thought it was breathtaking, beautiful and one of the best wedding venues they have ever been to. I loved every minute of my wedding day and how everything just came together. Everyone at Legacy Hill Farm is wonderful and they make your day truly unique and special.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Erin B

Legacy Hill Farm is settled on a naturally beautiful landscape creating a stunning setting for weddings. The venue has been designed thoughtfully, intentionally and is gorgeous. We were able to plan a wedding day that far exceeded our expectations and our guests are still... Read More talking about!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Courtney N

We had our wedding there September 15th and I’m speechless. From the day we reserved our date to the day of the wedding Joann and Britni have been so incredible and so helpful. Very lovely people to work with. Every time I visited the venue I would get tears because the... Read More landscape is so breath taking. They truly give their all, blood, sweat and tears to their property. You honestly don’t need many decorations because the venue alone is beautiful. I have gotten so many comments on how beautiful the venue was. I had my dream wedding, I wish I could replay that day over and over again! Thank you SO MUCH to the LHF family.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Samantha B

My husband and I got married at Legacy Hill Farm on June 25, 2017. From the start the pair that run this gorgeous venue are AMAZING to work with! They were so great on working with us on a payment plan, they responded so fast, and I never felt I bothered them with my million... Read More questions I had. Our day turned out wonderful, and we get compliments still on what a beautiful venue we had - plus all those adorable animals on the venue were so fun to see! If you are looking for a unique outdoor venue please do yourself a favor and contact Legacy Hill Farm- you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Katie J

This venue goes above and beyond in every way!!! Anytime you have a little question they are there to answer anything! The venue is so gorgeous all of my wedding guest could not stop raving about how beautiful the venue you is, but also how amazing the layout was. Even if you... Read More are at the bar or fireplace they still were so close to the dance floor and could see everything! If you are thinking about this venue absolutely do it! Plus the venue gives you the most gorgeous photos!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Ellie B

My husband and I were married at the farm 7.15.2017. We first visited the farm a month after we were engaged. I was amazed by the venue and the staff. Joan and Britni were with us the entire step of the way and made our day perfect. Their attention to detail and making our day... Read More all about what we wanted was exactly what we were looking for. The team at the farm made the day seem so easy and perfect. Kyle and I could not imagine a more amazing day and thank everyone at the farm who made it possible. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Christine B

Our wedding at Legacy Hill Farm was absolutely perfect! Guests loved the beauty of the venue just as much as we did. Every space had a purpose and provided guests with an area to relax and enjoy the views. The only qualm we had was the mad rush to get everything out of the... Read More groom/bridal suites as they are locked after the ceremony & the fact cars cannot be left over night. Joan & Britni put so much love in this beautiful space and were responsive throughout the entire planning process! Also, the security guard we were required to hire was fantastic! He was fun and personable with the guests, he even fixed a guest's high heels that broke so she could enjoy dancing at the reception. Highly recommend this venue to any bride wanting a romantic outdoor wedding!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Nicole P

Beautiful space and wonderful people!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Jordan S

Legacy Hill Farm is absolutely magical! The venue is breathtakingly beautiful and the staff is wonderful to work with. Catering was exceptional and the food was delicious. I wish I could replay my wedding night over and over again! I wouldn't change a thing.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Lydia G

Legacy Hill Farm created the most beautiful, amazing, elegant, and relaxed environment in order to make our wedding day the most incredible event in our lives. Britni & Joan took so much time preparing for this day and making it everything I could have ever dreamed of. Hello... Read More Wildflower Rentals helped me pick out sitting areas, décor, and furniture in order to best fit our needs along with the guests. The accent pieces went perfect with the venue and added another dimension to our photos. There was not one thing I would change about our whole entire day. I have not stopped receiving compliments from guests on how gorgeous the venue is. Legacy Hill Farm made this day happen and I am forever grateful to them for all they have done for me.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Aly S

Legacy Hill Farm made our dreams come true. The venue could not have been more perfect on our big day. Our guests enjoyed being outdoors and having the chance to play games, chat by the bar, lounge by the bonfire pit, or just walk around. Not to mention the entire place was just... Read More warmly lit and glowing at night that gave things such an enchanted feeling that we will never forget. Beyond the setup being so great, Britni and Joan made it such an easy process. Being that we live out of state, they accommodated our parent's visiting for us, and all of our questions leading up to the big day. We could not have been happier and Legacy Hill Farm will always have a place in our hearts.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jessica K

We loved everything about Legacy Hill Farm! The detail that they put into the venue site is AMAZING! They were great to work with and answered all of our questions! Our guests continue to rave about how much they enjoyed our venue and how unique it is! I definitely had my dream... Read More wedding.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Andrea V

Even though we had a rain-out, I LOVE that there are still so many indoor options for pictures. Plus our guests were happy and comfortable despite the awful weather conditions. My only regret is that we didn't get to fully use their outdoor space, because it's SO BEAUTIFUL!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Rachel S

We got married June 16th 2016 on a Thursday. I loved that they were available for Thursday, we got a deal, half off, because we booked early which was INCREDIBLE. The farm is amazing, so simple, we didn't have to bring hardly anything for decoration because of how detailed and... Read More beautiful the venue is on its own. The farm was a hit for everyone, I had younger women come up and tell me they were already planning a wedding at the farm haha. Such a smooth experience.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brooke B

My husband and I were in awe of the farm when we first visited and our first visit was at night time! It truly is a magical place! We were married here this past July. The layout of the venue flows perfectly, the doors are my absolute favorite, each building is very intentional,... Read More not to mention the new bridal squite is adorable! The love the owners have for the farm itself and their work is very apparent! We absolutely love Legacy Hill Farm!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Christine Z

Legacy Hill Farm is a dream! We had our wedding here in October 2016 and could not have asked for a more unique and beautiful venue to have our special day. Every space, from the ceremony space with its church pews and arch doors, to the new bathrooms and bridal suite with its... Read More french country decor, clearly shows attention to detail. Our guests were raving all night, and continue to rave about how beautiful the farm is and how well every spaces flows into the next. We loved how the farm animals roamed freely and even participated in our wedding ceremony :) Joan and Britni were easy to work with and responsive. They clearly have put their hearts into making this a special place. We feel incredibly fortunate to have had our wedding at Legacy Hill Farm!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Nichole H

Beautiful venue and very responsive owners. Overall we had a great experience with Legacy Hill and our guests loved all the different spaces (ceremony site, the barn, the bar, fire pit, reception pavilion, and restrooms). We also enjoyed the bridal suite and grooms cottage... Read More throughout the day. The only downsides, and I'm nit picking, were not having anywhere to store items during the reception (we had to use our cars) and the pavilion did get a little chilly despite having patio heaters and the tent heater running all night....but that's what you get for having a fall wedding in MN :). We would definitely recommend Legacy Hill Farm for your big day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sammy N

I am a wedding photographer and have worked at this venue several times. I honestly get SO excited when my couples tell me they are getting married here. The space provides beautiful backdrops making it so easy for the couple and guests to take pictures just about anywhere. I've... Read More also heard a handful of times from guests commenting how beautiful the farm is. If you are looking at a farm venue for your wedding, please take a trip out there and check it out yourself. I promise it'll be worth it! :)

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Belinda B

Our daughter got married at Legacy Hill Farm in September. It was absolutely wonderful in every way. The space is lovely, delightful, and comfortable. The owners have included so many thoughtful details to make the wedding party, family and guests feel sincerely cared about. I... Read More loved watching the guests arrive and seeing the delight on their faces. We decorated some - but it really didn't need much. It was already beautiful. I recommend Legacy Hill Farm wholeheartedly to anyone wanting a county wedding.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jane B

Where do I even begin? This venue was perfect. We had about 190 guests at our wedding and Legacy Hill Farm provided the perfect backdrop to our perfect day. From the cozy barn area where we had a photo booth and candy table, to the fun bar setting - not too far from the music of... Read More the dance floor but far enough to talk and laugh, to the bonfire area for a more secluded experience - Legacy Hill has everything. The facilities are gorgeous. You can see the love and attention to detail the family that owns and operates the venue has put into every single decision down to the last twinkly light. They are also extremely helpful throughout the process, giving you advice where you need it but also making sure the day is totally unique to you and your dream. Thank you Legacy Hill Farm - we will always be grateful.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Matt S

Beautiful venue, well planned, designed, and run! Britni was super easy to work with, encouraging, organized and down to earth with a great sense of style and solid advice and input on our many wedding day details!

Joan Hoffbeck & Britni Nordine

Centered in every legacy is a family and at the heart of Legacy Hill Farm lives ours. We’ve been told that this is what makes Legacy different - that our heart is completely in what we do and we are not simply a business. We are a family. Over 24 years of laughter, barn dances, and sharing our farm with others sparked a dream of building out a space where families and friends could celebrate their special days together. We have now been a part of planning over 100 weddings and every time it is an absolute honor to come alongside each couple as they begin their own legacy.