Book Your Wedding with Legend Oaks Golf Club

A BALLROOM IN SUMMERVILLE, SC

Located just 30 minutes from Charleston in the heart of South Carolina Low Country, the historic Legend Oaks Golf Club exudes southern charm and hospitality. At the end of a sweeping drive lined with 300-year-old live oaks draped in Spanish moss, the gorgeous white plantation-style clubhouse is bathed in colorful azaleas and rimmed by a wide, welcoming wraparound porch.

An award-winning golf club, the pristine fairways feature abundant live oaks and flowering trees and make a stunning backdrop for memorable wedding photos. The gracious clubhouse is elegantly appointed and can accommodate weddings of up to 200 guests.

The following spaces are available for couples planning their wedding celebration:

The Clubhouse Dining Room. The stately clubhouse dining room can accommodate up to 50 guests for a banquet-style reception; add seating on the breezy open porch and your guest count can grow to 100. Enjoy cocktails outdoors for a special treat.

The Pavilion. This rustic space maintains the sumptuous southern charm of Legend Oaks and can accommodate up to 200 guests for a seated reception and dancing.

The Outdoor Ceremony Site. You can book this lovely outdoor ceremony space with or without a reception at Legend Oaks. It comfortably accommodates up to 150 guests and is available for one hour for your vow exchange.

Your wedding package at Legend Oaks includes four hours of event time plus all labor to set up and take down your tables and chairs. You can book your ceremony only (one hour of site time) or your ceremony and reception both.

Services at Legend Oaks are priced entirely a la carte, so you can pick and choose the options that suit your budget and needs, except for linens and custom decor such as bird cages, arbors and hurricane shades, which must be arranged through the venue for an extra fee. Wedding service options include:

• Rehearsal and day-of coordinator services
  • Cake cutting service
  • Bartending
  • Chef carving service

All brides booking both their ceremony and reception at Legend Oaks have four hours access to the bride's dressing room prior to the event and there is a complimentary portrait session for all brides.

Catering menus include everything from cocktail and hors d'oeuvres receptions (including both stationary and passed) to full three-course meals with salad course, entree and sides and delectable desserts. Pricing is per piece and there is a minimum guest count for all catering packages.

Bar packages include basic beer and wine all the way up to custom cocktails and top shelf spirits. Champagne toasts are priced by the glass. You can even arrange for kiddie cocktails for your younger guests.

Make your Legend Oaks wedding package complete with these extra perks:

• Themed rehearsal dinner with custom menu
  • Complimentary round of golf for the groom with discounted prices for groom's party
  • Southern-themed reception menu featuring Low Country shrimp and grits and southern rum bread pudding

Southern Charm and Hospitality

Legend Oaks offers Southern Charm at affordable prices you will appreciate when planning the Wedding you've always dreamed of. Our staff will take care of all your needs for your Special Day! Call today for your personal tour!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Country Club, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

118 Legend Oaks Way, Summerville, SC (843) 821-4077

More than I imagined for my Wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

I would recommend Legend Oaks to any Bride who is looking for a Beautiful Southern Wedding that is affordable. Affordability with no cuts in service. Theresia, the Wedding Planner, and the staff are friendly and make you feel like you are the only Bride they have. Your... Read More Rehearsal, chairs and tables are included in the price. I had my Bridal Portrait taken on the grounds months before with no charge. The food was delicious and well priced. You are in control of the Bar, no surprises and well priced. Bartenders very personable. Theresia is there for your Rehearsal and the entire day of your Wedding. She helps you every step of the way with planning. I actually enjoyed the planning process that I was dreading from what I saw my recently married friends go through. My pictures are beautiful with so many great locations onsite for pictures. Theresia and the staff set-up everything the day of the wedding. I was able to just get dressed and enjoy those hours before the wedding with my bridemaids and family. This meant a lot to me. Theresia even brought me pics on her phone of my cake and gift table to see if they were the way I wanted them. She just really removed any stress and genuinely cared about my day going the way I visioned it. She made a sign for me last minute that I couldn't make up my mind and just pushed to the side. She helped me decide what to say she wrote it in calligraphy and sat by my ceremony site. She just goes out of her way to help. I can't say enough about Legend Oaks. They have a beautiful Venue but equally is the service and how they treat you like family that made my Wedding day more than I imagined.

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 7/10/2015

The wedding was May 2, 2015. It was a perfect weather, smooth performance of a wedding party of 10 bridesmaids /10 groomsmen. We had met with Theresa only 2 times to go over our plans and a tasting of the menue we choose. We live 2 hours away from Charleston so time was... Read More valuable. Theresa communicated with us frequently with e-mails and amazingly it all came together just right. I rented the Tudor Oaks Bed & Breakfast which was the only onsite place to lodge. That was a lifesaver putting all the girls in one place close by the day of the wedding. The decorations were put up just as we envisioned and all the staff treated us like we were VIP's. I got many compliments on the food. It was delicious. Theresa managed the ceremony down to the last dance seamlessly . I never had to worry about a thing. The guys played a round of golf that am and Theresa arranged it all to the wishes of the groom. It all went by too fast. We had a videographer and a photographer and the location with the beautiful trees and the golf course made beautiful pictures. As far as a destination wedding it was perfect for my daughter thanks to Theresa and her amazing staff . I would definitely recommend Legend Oaks to anyone who wants the beauty of the Charleston trees and Southern hospitality

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Jessica C

Thank you so much Theresia for everything!! I really don't know what I would have done without you. You remained professional, calm (even when informing me my Videographer was in jail just hours before my wedding..ha) and an overall delight! The venue was beautiful which made... Read More for great photos. Thank you again to all the staff who made our night possible!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Would recommend this venue for it's southern charm and affordability. The wedding Planner, Mrs. Ware is very professional and helpful. The grounds are beautiful and yet still affordable.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kristan M

I had my wedding this past summer. Our ceremony was under the oak trees and it was beautiful! Our pictures are wonderful. There are so many pretty picture opportunities with all the oak trees. Theresia Ware was an absolute blessing with planning . She handled the rehearsal and... Read More was in complete control on the day of our wedding. She worked with us to get our budget where we needed to be. Our other vendors even told me how wonderful she was to work with . We were so happy with the food and the staff was so helpful! I would highly recommend this venue for an affordable southern wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Angela H

My daughter planned her wedding at Legend Oaks in the Spring of this year. I was so pleased with how the Wedding Planner, Theresia was so accommodating and sincere during the year of planning. She goes out of her way to be helpful. I was very happy with the food and the day went... Read More so smooth. They allowed us to have signature drinks at the bar . The staff were all so professional and courteous! I was very pleased with our experience and would recommend Legend Oaks for a Southern style wedding with very affordable pricing .

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Courtney S

Delicious food, great staff, and perfect location! Our wedding here was a dream come true! The setting was beautiful and full of Charleston's southern charm. The staff from the servers to the bartenders were all amazing. Theresia, the wedding coordinator was most awesome! She is... Read More always so sweet, creative, accommodating, and incredibly helpful! I would not have put our reception in anyone else's hands, and I would not hesitate to recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Heather B

We had a wonderful, fun, easy going wedding. The event manager, Theresia Ware was amazing and Legend Oaks made our wedding simple to plan. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Elizabeth B

This venue made all our dreams come true! Can't say enough ! They are definitely a value for all they do! We highly recommend Theresia and her staff they made our day stress free and more than we expected! The food was delicious and our pictures are beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Amanda W

What a wonderful venue! Beautiful location and everyone there worked so hard to make my nieces wedding one of a kind! An especially big shout out to Theresia Ware for without her all the fine details would never have come together! We highly recommend having your wedding here!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lee D

Legend Oaks was everything we were looking for! I was looking for a venue with Southern appeal but it had to be affordable! We met with Theresia Ware the Events Manager and quite frankly that finished our decision process! She is so easy to work with and she makes you feel at... Read More ease! Our wedding day was everything we wanted and more! I can't say enough about Theresia and her staff ! They are so on point and friendly! The food was delicious! We are still getting compliments from our guests and family ! The oak trees made such a beautiful back drop for our pictures ! The day was magical and we couldn't be happier with Legend Oaks!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lauren D

I can't say enough about this Venue! It has all the charm and beauty we were looking for! The Events Coordinator, Theresia Ware made the entire planning process enjoyable and fun! I was really stressing and this was a nice surprise from the stories I have heard from friends... Read More who have been married recently! I was able to get dressed onsite. The staff was friendly and helpful to the bridal party and our guests. The ceremony site is beautiful and the food was delicious! Theresia handled the entire event and took care of all the timing on events with the photographer and the DJ. The bartender was awesome she handled it just the way we had discussed with Theresia so our tab was the amount we were expecting. We were able to truly enjoy or day without worrying about vendors or set-up. They do it all for you! I am so happy that we selected Legend Oaks! They are truly a Southern Gem and still affordable!

My perfect Wedding at Legend Oaks

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at Legend Oaks Golf ClubApril 4, 2015. This was the only venue we actually went and visited and we fell in love immediately. I cant even come to words about Theresia the wedding coordinator. She made our entire journey up to the... Read More wedding day a breeze, I don't know what I would have done without her. Her and her team brought every idea and vision I had dreamt up to life. It was absolutely beautiful!! The staff at Legend Oaks really go above and beyond to please the bride and groom, well really to please every single person attending the wedding, and they did just that. The food was amazing, the gold course background was breathtaking, and every other detail of the grounds just adding that much extra charm to our day. We still have people complementing us on our big day. Thank you so much to the stuff at Legend Oaks for making our day a day we will remember for the rest of our lives!!!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2015

What a beautiful day! The green was full of life and the constant flow of breeze made the ceremony so comfortable. It was magical to get married under live oak trees and watch the venue take on a life of it's own because of the flawless setting. We couldn't have asked for a... Read More better day! Thank you Theresia for working effortlessly from the day we met, and making it even easier for the coordinators to do what they needed to do. Not only were we pleased but the guests enjoyed being outdoors and how pleasant Legend Oaks is to the eye! Mr. & Mrs. Taylor

Couldn't Be More Satisfied

Reviewed on 7/10/2015

My daughter's wedding on June 20, 2015, at Legend Oaks Golf Club was simply fantastic. The unique quality of this venue is that Theresia Ware and her staff are so friendly and accommodating, we felt like we were part of their family. The rehearsal and dinner the evening before... Read More the big day was outstanding. In the hours leading up to the ceremony we were allowed to use two plush rooms on the second floor of the clubhouse to dress and prepare. Theresia was nearby and kept checking in on us to make sure everyone was relaxed and our preparation was on schedule. The ceremony setting under the Oak trees was visually stunning. Our guests were comfortable and wanted for nothing. The reception area set-up was beautiful. The food was delicious and well-presented. Legend Oaks staff who worked the wedding were smiling and cordial the entire time. The event, from beginning to end, was implemented professionally and ran flawlessly. I highly recommend Legend Oaks Golf Club as a wedding ceremony and reception venue with Theresia Ware in charge of the wedding planning. I couldn't be more happy for my daughter and son-in-law, or more satisfied with their choice to use Legend Oaks and Theresia Ware for their wedding.

Best Decision

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Bethany M

I am so glad we chose Legend Oaks Golf Club. It made for a very low stress venue (I'm the bride, I'm always stressed). I knew that Thersia was a coordinator I could trust. The food was great! The service was great! The linens were beautiful and so was the set up for both... Read More ceremony and reception. All the workers there truly love their job and it shows. I highly recommend this venue!

2015-07-08T16:21:16 Response from the vendor

Bethany, Hi! You are very welcome! You are a beautiful couple and I wish you the very Best in Life! Theresia

My wedding.

Reviewed on 4/28/2015

Beautiful venue, helpful staff, low cost wedding, great food, what else can I say about Legend Oaks?

Zanna & Justin Johnson Wedding

Reviewed on 11/22/2014

The day was beautiful Ms Theresia E. Ware, and her staff at Legend Oaks made the wedding beyond our dreams. Everything we asked for and more was provided to us. The guests complement the team also saying how attentive and helpful they had been. The meal was fabulous and... Read More received the same complements from the guests that attended. We are very grateful for the help and support the team provided throughout the year of planning and up to the wedding day.

Excellent Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Annalise L

Legend Oaks is an excellent wedding venue, with the beautiful old south charm of the magnificent live oak trees. Theresia, the event coordinator is absolutely wonderful! She made our wedding day as smooth as it could possible be, even with the stress of rain she made the... Read More ceremony look and flow beautifully, truly thankful for her wonderful touch! I can't say enough good things about Theresia and the beautiful ceremony location of Legend Oaks!

All I was looking for!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

This venue is so beautiful to be so affordable ! I can't say enough about how easy they made everything. I was planning my wedding from another state and Our wedding day went so smooth ! The food was wonderful. Mrs. Ware, the events manager was so helpful and doesn't miss any... Read More details. She coordinated all the other vendors. They also offer golf outings for the guys that is really nice and the course was beautiful! The sunset and the course were such an awesome backdrop for our pictures. I am so happy that we selected Legend Oaks for our Wedding! I highly recommend this venue !!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I recommend this venue for so many reasons. It is beautiful, affordable and the staff is so friendly!! I Worked with the Wedding planner, Theresia and she was so helpful and in control with my rehearsal and my wedding day! It really made my day stress free to know that... Read More everthing was being taken care of. I'm really happy that I selected legend oaks for my wedding day!!

Venue

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Loved this venue! My wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to the quality of the staff lead by Theresia. She was remarkable with handling every detail and making it such a stress free process. I would highly recommend this venue.

A beautiful venue for a summer wedding!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Ashton V

I got married at Legend Oaks June of 2014. There were little things here and there but all in all... it was perfect! I'm not from the area so I actually came across it from different wedding websites including The Knot! I was looking for a simple, elegant place near Charleston... Read More without the "Charleston" price. I also wanted to get married under a big tree and well, if you visit this venue, you'll see why I chose it. As the name would suggest, there are beautiful oak trees everywhere! This is also a golf course so if you're into that, they offer a pretty good deal. I didn't interact much with the staff other than the wedding coordinator, Theresia. She was wonderful! Personable, nice, and has a lot of great ideas and experience! Working with her made the process much, much easier, especially since I was planning from another state. The day of the wedding, everything went smoothly and as planned. Theresia coordinated with my photographers, DJ, ushers, and everyone involved behind the scenes so I didn't have to worry about a thing. The entire venue was all set up when I got there, catering is on site so that was all handled and ready as well. The appetizers and dinner were tasty, I was surprised at all the options they had to choose from! The reception site (if you choose The Pavillion) is literally a few steps away from the ceremony site (under beautiful oak trees) which makes it super convenient for your guests! I could go on and on about how Legend Oaks was perfect for my big day but to sum it all up, the site is beautiful, the staff are super nice and friendly, the food is good and it's convenient! I would recommend Legend Oaks to any bride looking for an outdoor wedding with a Charleston feel without the Charleston price!:)

Southern & Affordable

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

I fell in love with this venue because they had the whole package that we were looking for. It was beautiful, in our moderate budget and it has the Southern Style we wanted for our Wedding. Theresia, the Wedding Planner helped us so much because we were planning from another... Read More state. We made two trips down for consults and the rest over a year of planning was over the phone and emails. Thank-you so much Legend Oaks for making our Wedding Day all that we were wanting!! I can't say enough about how pleased we are with Legend Oaks. I would definitely recommend this venue for the whole package.

Wonderful Memories!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

I started planning my Wedding over a year ago and fell in love with how beautiful this Venue is. Theresia, the Events & Wedding Manager made the process so enjoyable from our first consult. She would always remind me to stop and enjoy the process as much the day! She helped us... Read More to stay in our budget and designed the Wedding we wanted. We were able to have our Rehearsal Dinner right after the rehearsal and it was all set and ready! We also booked an outing for our Groomsmen to play golf the morning of the rehearsal. The course is beautiful if you are a golfer. My Wedding Day was wonderful and all I had wished for. The photographer even told me how smooth the day was going. The staff at Legend Oaks are friendly and accommodating. The Bridal Room had fresh flowers and our appetizers were ready when we arrived to get dressed. Theresia handled our Ceremony directing. The food at the Reception was great. My pictures are so pretty and there are so many beautiful natural spots for pictures. We couldn't be happier with our experience with Legend Oaks! Our families are still talking about what a beautiful Wedding it was.

Meet The Manager

Theresia Elizabeth Ware

I was born and raised here in Charleston enjoying the beaches, historical sites and art culture that the Holy City offers. I have been in the Wedding industry for 25 years and love being an integral part of a Couples Special Day! The Low Country offers the charm & hospitality that local and destination Brides are looking for. My desire is for your planning process to be as enjoyable as the day you are planning. I believe in attention to detail and timely execution of the day you have dreamed of! It brings me joy to hear a Bride say it's even more beautiful and perfect than I had imagined!