Book Your Wedding with Legend Oaks Golf Club

A BALLROOM IN SUMMERVILLE, SC

Located just 30 minutes from Charleston in the heart of South Carolina Low Country, the historic Legend Oaks Golf Club exudes southern charm and hospitality. At the end of a sweeping drive lined with 300-year-old live oaks draped in Spanish moss, the gorgeous white plantation-style clubhouse is bathed in colorful azaleas and rimmed by a wide, welcoming wraparound porch.

An award-winning golf club, the pristine fairways feature abundant live oaks and flowering trees and make a stunning backdrop for memorable wedding photos. The gracious clubhouse is elegantly appointed and can accommodate weddings of up to 200 guests.

The following spaces are available for couples planning their wedding celebration:

The Clubhouse Dining Room. The stately clubhouse dining room can accommodate up to 50 guests for a banquet-style reception; add seating on the breezy open porch and your guest count can grow to 100. Enjoy cocktails outdoors for a special treat.

The Pavilion. This rustic space maintains the sumptuous southern charm of Legend Oaks and can accommodate up to 200 guests for a seated reception and dancing.

The Outdoor Ceremony Site. You can book this lovely outdoor ceremony space with or without a reception at Legend Oaks. It comfortably accommodates up to 150 guests and is available for one hour for your vow exchange.

Your wedding package at Legend Oaks includes four hours of event time plus all labor to set up and take down your tables and chairs. You can book your ceremony only (one hour of site time) or your ceremony and reception both.

Services at Legend Oaks are priced entirely a la carte, so you can pick and choose the options that suit your budget and needs, except for linens and custom decor such as bird cages, arbors and hurricane shades, which must be arranged through the venue for an extra fee. Wedding service options include:

• Rehearsal and day-of coordinator services
  • Cake cutting service
  • Bartending
  • Chef carving service

All brides booking both their ceremony and reception at Legend Oaks have four hours access to the bride's dressing room prior to the event and there is a complimentary portrait session for all brides.

Catering menus include everything from cocktail and hors d'oeuvres receptions (including both stationary and passed) to full three-course meals with salad course, entree and sides and delectable desserts. Pricing is per piece and there is a minimum guest count for all catering packages.

Bar packages include basic beer and wine all the way up to custom cocktails and top shelf spirits. Champagne toasts are priced by the glass. You can even arrange for kiddie cocktails for your younger guests.

Make your Legend Oaks wedding package complete with these extra perks:

• Themed rehearsal dinner with custom menu
  • Complimentary round of golf for the groom with discounted prices for groom's party
  • Southern-themed reception menu featuring Low Country shrimp and grits and southern rum bread pudding

Southern Charm and Hospitality

Legend Oaks offers Southern Charm at affordable prices you will appreciate when planning the Wedding you've always dreamed of. Our staff will take care of all your needs for your Special Day! Call today for your personal tour!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Country Club, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

118 Legend Oaks Way, Summerville, SC (843) 821-4077

More than I imagined for my Wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

I would recommend Legend Oaks to any Bride who is looking for a Beautiful Southern Wedding that is affordable. Affordability with no cuts in service. Theresia, the Wedding Planner, and the staff are friendly and make you feel like you are the only Bride they have. Your... Read More Rehearsal, chairs and tables are included in the price. I had my Bridal Portrait taken on the grounds months before with no charge. The food was delicious and well priced. You are in control of the Bar, no surprises and well priced. Bartenders very personable. Theresia is there for your Rehearsal and the entire day of your Wedding. She helps you every step of the way with planning. I actually enjoyed the planning process that I was dreading from what I saw my recently married friends go through. My pictures are beautiful with so many great locations onsite for pictures. Theresia and the staff set-up everything the day of the wedding. I was able to just get dressed and enjoy those hours before the wedding with my bridemaids and family. This meant a lot to me. Theresia even brought me pics on her phone of my cake and gift table to see if they were the way I wanted them. She just really removed any stress and genuinely cared about my day going the way I visioned it. She made a sign for me last minute that I couldn't make up my mind and just pushed to the side. She helped me decide what to say she wrote it in calligraphy and sat by my ceremony site. She just goes out of her way to help. I can't say enough about Legend Oaks. They have a beautiful Venue but equally is the service and how they treat you like family that made my Wedding day more than I imagined.

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 7/10/2015

The wedding was May 2, 2015. It was a perfect weather, smooth performance of a wedding party of 10 bridesmaids /10 groomsmen. We had met with Theresa only 2 times to go over our plans and a tasting of the menue we choose. We live 2 hours away from Charleston so time was... Read More valuable. Theresa communicated with us frequently with e-mails and amazingly it all came together just right. I rented the Tudor Oaks Bed & Breakfast which was the only onsite place to lodge. That was a lifesaver putting all the girls in one place close by the day of the wedding. The decorations were put up just as we envisioned and all the staff treated us like we were VIP's. I got many compliments on the food. It was delicious. Theresa managed the ceremony down to the last dance seamlessly . I never had to worry about a thing. The guys played a round of golf that am and Theresa arranged it all to the wishes of the groom. It all went by too fast. We had a videographer and a photographer and the location with the beautiful trees and the golf course made beautiful pictures. As far as a destination wedding it was perfect for my daughter thanks to Theresa and her amazing staff . I would definitely recommend Legend Oaks to anyone who wants the beauty of the Charleston trees and Southern hospitality

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Monica R

Legend Oaks was so beautiful and the food that amazing. The wedding planner was so kind and new exactly what I wanted! I enjoyed the hole process of planning my wedding with Legand Oaks! I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Robyn P

I cannot express how wonderful our wedding was thanks to Theresia! She and the staff at Legend Oaks were absolutely amazing and went out of their way to make everything perfect for our special day. Theresia was on top of EVERYTHING and left no stone unturned. She is amazing... Read More and I cannot thank her enough for everything that she did!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Lynn R

This venue was the best value for a Southern wedding. Our wedding was small and intimate . They make you feel like you are the most important wedding they have! We are happy we went with Legend oaks.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Samantha T

We were looking for that Southern theme for our wedding! Legend Oaks has so many beautiful trees and backdrops. I fell in love with the drive in! Theresia Ware the event planner met with us she answered every question I had thought of and then some. I can't say enough about how... Read More she takes her time with you and goes over every detail . Our day was perfect and we owe Theresa Ware and the wonderful staff at Legend Oaks!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Elizabeth

A friend of mine had her wedding at Legend Oaks and I knew that I wanted to have mine there also. I saw how smooth hers went and I really wanted to know I was able to trust the person I was working with. Theresia Ware came highly recommended by several people I talked to. She... Read More truly cares about you and your Wedding! This venue has so many beautiful spots for pictures. I love my photos and my guests raved about the food and how everything flowed. I'm truly thankful for knowing about this venue . They really take the stress out of planning. I loved that they handle all the rentals , set up and cleanup! I would recommend this venue with no hesitation as they truly live up to Southern hospitality and affordability.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Christina R

We had our destination wedding at Legend Oaks! It is truly a gem in Summerville! We wanted a Southern Wedding and Theresia Ware, the planner took care of so many details and guided us through the whole process. We only met two times and I always felt that everything was being... Read More taken care of! Our wedding day was more than I could have asked for! True southern hospitality with a top notch team that set up everything the day of. I truly was able to sit back and enjoy my family because this venue is so organized and professional! My guests enjoyed the food the atmosphere and they all commented on how they were made to feel at home! I am so pleased with my decision . I couldn't be more impressed!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Nicole A

From our first meeting with Theresia I knew this was the venue for us. We were so happy with our Wedding day! We were able to have a tasting complimentary with our deposit. They offer a large catering menu and we were so pleased with our reception dinner. Our photos are... Read More beautiful with all the trees and ponds. I can't say enough about Theresia and how stress-free our wedding was.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Amanda Q

Theresia was so helpful and made our big day an amazing experience!! We are blessed to have found Legend Oaks and Theresia Ware. We would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Lindsay P

Legend oaks was the right choice. They were everything and more than we expected! We wanted a Southern Wedding and Theresia Ware and her staff made our day all that we had hoped for! They do everything and they really took the stress away right from the moment we booked.... Read More Theresia listens to you and doesn’t mind at all to try and make your day unique from others. I can honestly say there are other venues that we looked at but I felt like a number. Thank you Legend Oaks for making our day special !!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jackson P

Legend Oaks made all of our dreams come true! I am still in awe of my pictures. Theresia Ware took every fear I had of the planning process away! She was truly a blessing to me every step of the way! Her team makes you feel at home. I can't say thank you enough for how well our... Read More day went! The food was excellent and everything went so smooth. I'm so happy I found this venue!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Leigh H

I can't say enough about this venue! The moment we met with Theresia Ware, the Wedding planner I knew my Wedding day was going to be important to her. She saw every detail I didn't know to even think of. The ceremony site is beautiful. I wanted the Southern style wedding and... Read More from the oak trees to the southern food they have it all. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful and organized our Wedding was. We couldn't be happier with the value and hospitality we received at Legend Oaks. Theresia and her team were there taking care of everything!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jessica W

Legend Oaks Golf Club made my wedding planning stress free. The staff was very helpful making sure everything I wanted was done. It is a beautiful place. I could not have picked a better place to get married. If you are getting married in the spring I highly recommend this place... Read More it is pretty.

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Jessica C

Thank you so much Theresia for everything!! I really don't know what I would have done without you. You remained professional, calm (even when informing me my Videographer was in jail just hours before my wedding..ha) and an overall delight! The venue was beautiful which made... Read More for great photos. Thank you again to all the staff who made our night possible!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Would recommend this venue for it's southern charm and affordability. The wedding Planner, Mrs. Ware is very professional and helpful. The grounds are beautiful and yet still affordable.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kristan M

I had my wedding this past summer. Our ceremony was under the oak trees and it was beautiful! Our pictures are wonderful. There are so many pretty picture opportunities with all the oak trees. Theresia Ware was an absolute blessing with planning . She handled the rehearsal and... Read More was in complete control on the day of our wedding. She worked with us to get our budget where we needed to be. Our other vendors even told me how wonderful she was to work with . We were so happy with the food and the staff was so helpful! I would highly recommend this venue for an affordable southern wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Angela H

My daughter planned her wedding at Legend Oaks in the Spring of this year. I was so pleased with how the Wedding Planner, Theresia was so accommodating and sincere during the year of planning. She goes out of her way to be helpful. I was very happy with the food and the day went... Read More so smooth. They allowed us to have signature drinks at the bar . The staff were all so professional and courteous! I was very pleased with our experience and would recommend Legend Oaks for a Southern style wedding with very affordable pricing .

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Courtney S

Delicious food, great staff, and perfect location! Our wedding here was a dream come true! The setting was beautiful and full of Charleston's southern charm. The staff from the servers to the bartenders were all amazing. Theresia, the wedding coordinator was most awesome! She is... Read More always so sweet, creative, accommodating, and incredibly helpful! I would not have put our reception in anyone else's hands, and I would not hesitate to recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Heather B

We had a wonderful, fun, easy going wedding. The event manager, Theresia Ware was amazing and Legend Oaks made our wedding simple to plan. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Elizabeth B

This venue made all our dreams come true! Can't say enough ! They are definitely a value for all they do! We highly recommend Theresia and her staff they made our day stress free and more than we expected! The food was delicious and our pictures are beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Amanda W

What a wonderful venue! Beautiful location and everyone there worked so hard to make my nieces wedding one of a kind! An especially big shout out to Theresia Ware for without her all the fine details would never have come together! We highly recommend having your wedding here!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lee D

Legend Oaks was everything we were looking for! I was looking for a venue with Southern appeal but it had to be affordable! We met with Theresia Ware the Events Manager and quite frankly that finished our decision process! She is so easy to work with and she makes you feel at... Read More ease! Our wedding day was everything we wanted and more! I can't say enough about Theresia and her staff ! They are so on point and friendly! The food was delicious! We are still getting compliments from our guests and family ! The oak trees made such a beautiful back drop for our pictures ! The day was magical and we couldn't be happier with Legend Oaks!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lauren D

I can't say enough about this Venue! It has all the charm and beauty we were looking for! The Events Coordinator, Theresia Ware made the entire planning process enjoyable and fun! I was really stressing and this was a nice surprise from the stories I have heard from friends... Read More who have been married recently! I was able to get dressed onsite. The staff was friendly and helpful to the bridal party and our guests. The ceremony site is beautiful and the food was delicious! Theresia handled the entire event and took care of all the timing on events with the photographer and the DJ. The bartender was awesome she handled it just the way we had discussed with Theresia so our tab was the amount we were expecting. We were able to truly enjoy or day without worrying about vendors or set-up. They do it all for you! I am so happy that we selected Legend Oaks! They are truly a Southern Gem and still affordable!

My perfect Wedding at Legend Oaks

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at Legend Oaks Golf ClubApril 4, 2015. This was the only venue we actually went and visited and we fell in love immediately. I cant even come to words about Theresia the wedding coordinator. She made our entire journey up to the... Read More wedding day a breeze, I don't know what I would have done without her. Her and her team brought every idea and vision I had dreamt up to life. It was absolutely beautiful!! The staff at Legend Oaks really go above and beyond to please the bride and groom, well really to please every single person attending the wedding, and they did just that. The food was amazing, the gold course background was breathtaking, and every other detail of the grounds just adding that much extra charm to our day. We still have people complementing us on our big day. Thank you so much to the stuff at Legend Oaks for making our day a day we will remember for the rest of our lives!!!!

Meet The Manager

Theresia Elizabeth Ware

I was born and raised here in Charleston enjoying the beaches, historical sites and art culture that the Holy City offers. I have been in the Wedding industry for 25 years and love being an integral part of a Couples Special Day! The Low Country offers the charm & hospitality that local and destination Brides are looking for. My desire is for your planning process to be as enjoyable as the day you are planning. I believe in attention to detail and timely execution of the day you have dreamed of! It brings me joy to hear a Bride say it's even more beautiful and perfect than I had imagined!