Artistic and Contemporary Wedding Photography

We are California natives in an Oklahoma world. We love capturing the sparkle and shine of a wedding day and crafting beautiful images from your experiences. Our wedding photographer was terrible, and while we can look back and laugh about it, we realize the extreme importance of a professional. We give couples what we wanted so badly.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Oklahoma and Destination Available! (405) 585-1848
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Ashley K

Two words, the best! There's not enough text space here for me to tell you what a pleasure it was working with Leia and her husband Shane. They are so passionate about capturing the most beautiful moments and they make you feel so special, even though they probably photograph... Read More people daily. I feel like my entire wedding experience was captured perfectly. The day was magical, but as many people know, weddings go by so fast. It wasn't until I saw our pictures, that I realized I missed some of the details that day, but Leia made it possible for me to relive them. Every picture had a purpose. I would highly recommend Leia Smethurst Photography for weddings and more. I have also done a gym photoshoot with Leia, casual family pics and a lifestyle shoot. Every time I see the pictures we took, I'm floored about how incredible they are. Plus, Leia is excellent about getting pictures edited and uploaded in a timely manner. Again, great service and superb quality! Thanks for documenting so many monumental moments for our family Leia! You rock.

Reviewed on 5/16/2016

We had a beautiful wedding at Gaylord Pickens Museum in OKC, and we were so glad we hired Leia and Shane to document the day. We met with several photographers in the area, but Leia seemed to care more about the details of our day, and how we were going to fit all of our... Read More photography in, rather than trying to upsell us on an album we didn't want. Her customer service is superior, as she cared about how I felt, and what my husband and I really wanted. She was very detail oriented, even making us a timeline of the day, making sure no shots were missed. We can definitely, without a doubt see why she is so in-demand, and considered such a value to so many past clients. She really took care of us, and I can't thank her and her husband enough. On top of that, less than 2 weeks after the wedding, we got access to our beautiful online gallery. She knows her stuff! Thanks girl!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016

First and foremost, she is someone you can count on. In the craziness of your wedding day, she is there to make sure everything is on track. We loved that she was not intrusive, yet if she saw a precious moment unfolding she was there to get it. Both her and her husband... Read More worked hard throughout our wedding to make sure we had the best photos, shot under the best conditions. We wanted our first look shot in a certain area of the venue, but due to light conditions, it would have looked too bright, we would have been squinting. We were shown another area perfect for capturing the moments. She is great at taking our ideas, personalizing them to fit "us" and giving us something we are really going to be happy with. She pulled us out in the middle of the reception because the light outside was perfect for sunset photos on the property. She was right, these are some of our most treasured. She saw our vision, and made it come to life. We couldn't have asked for a better experience, both Leia and Shane are truly the best in the city. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Elizabeth B

Two words: BOOK THEM!!! We planned and hosted a destination wedding in Florida. Our entire wedding was DIY but we agreed that photos of our special day were the most important thing to us. Our photos were a perfect reflection of our intimate & small wedding and we are SO... Read More thankful for that!! Planning a destination wedding (and any wedding) can be extremely stressful but Leia alleviated a ton of stress by offering us advice & her questionnaires provided before the wedding day. THANK YOU LEIA!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Elizabeth B

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Yvette J

I can not say enough wonderful things about Leia Smethurst Photography! Starting from the initial coordination, Leia was great to work with. She was extremely organized and professional, and I knew that they would be a vendor that we didn't need to worry about for our big day.... Read More We used the photo booth, and our guests LOVED it! Having 2 photographers turned out to be one of the best decisions that we made. Our wedding photos turned out fantastic! The shots were outstanding and the quality was bar none! Having 2 photographers providing multiple angles for shots was awesome. . Your big day will be such a whirlwind, you will be VERY grateful to have amazing photos to cherish and look back on, I promise!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Sarah T

Leia and Shane did an excellent job shooting our engagement, bridals, and wedding photos. We also utilized their photo booth Take Your Pic which was a huge hit with our wedding guests. Leia is incredibly prompt in responding to messages and questions. She has an easy going... Read More attitude and is very flexible to work with. We also loved having Shane involved in the wedding shooting. He made the groomsmen feel more relaxed which allowed their personalities to shine through in the pictures. Overall we had a great experience with them and would recommend them to anyone looking for a "does it all" wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Ashley S

Leia was amazing every step of the way. Our church was a little darker, and the church coordinator restricted their shooting locations at the last minute. Leia let me know what she was up against, and while I wasn't happy about the churchs' choices- Leia and Shane still gave... Read More us wedding photos that turned out way way better than I had pictured in my head. Her delivery of our images was fast, and our gallery is gorgeous. Her positive attitude, and her willingness to get all of the shots we wanted was so great on such a stressful day. She is easy to work with; a definite 'MUST' for your wedding day. Thank you Leia!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Kaleigh S

Leia and her husband did such an amazing job photographing our wedding. I live out of state now, and she coordinated with me to meet while I was home to discuss the details. She was so easy to talk to, understood what I wanted, and was incredible about getting back to me with... Read More any questions I had. The day of the wedding, she had a list of all of the details I wanted captured, and got every shot I wanted. During the ceremony and reception, we weren't aware of her or her husband's presence. They captured everything and no one was the wiser. We have great candid shots of everyone. Leia is truly an amazing professional, and I'm so happy I was able to work with her for our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Malinda O

We found Leia in the best way, by chance, and I am so happy we did! Through my now husbands job, we found the best photographer we could have ever asked for! Words can not express how amazing Leia and her husband are! I fell in love with Leia's photography through her gallery... Read More and knew right away she was the one I wanted to shoot my wedding. The both of them worked with us one on one and had great advice for other things we were unsure about for our day. Leia put her heart and soul into our day and it always felt like we were the only couple she was working with! We used the photobooth and our guests loved it! So worth it! Our wedding was perfect and we have the proof because of Leia. We received our photos within 2 weeks! It was such a pleasure having a husband and wife photograph a wedding. Love was in the air! Leia continued to correspond with us after the wedding to ensure we had our photos! All I can say is you won't regret having Leia make your big day a dream come true!!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Raechelle N

I still can't get over how great Leia is! Sitting in Sara Sara Cupcakes I knew that she would be the photographer to capture our wedding day! Prior to the wedding, Leia worked diligently to make sure we would be able to shoot all the important things at our wedding. Even on the... Read More day of when time was tight, Leia and Shane were great at being flexible and proactive to make sure nothing was missed! Outside of possessing amazing customer service skills, Leia is an AWESOME photographer. My husband and I can't stop looking at our photo gallery because every. single. picture. is. amazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Jaisa A

Leia was the absolute best part of my bridal experience. Our pictures made our wedding look even more beautiful and she is extremely easy to get in contact with. I would recommend her to anyone and plan to use her for any future photography needs!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Yvette J

I can not say enough about how great Leia was for our wedding photography! She was very responsive and helpful prior to our wedding. She is very organised and professional. She was very accommodating to my list of photos that I wanted, and provided a timeline-- which was helpful... Read More for me to know how the photo sequence would flow. The pictures we AMAZING! They were very high quality, and we could not have been more pleased! By having 2 photographers, we got some great angles and multiple perspectives. We also used the photo booth, and our guests loved it. I would highly recommend Leia for your wedding photography!!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Aaron K

Leia and her husband were the BEST choice for our wedding day photographers! We split our big day into a small wedding in July and a big reception in August... Leia accommodated our plans & worked with our budget! Leia is VERY prompt in responding to emails/texts... that was one... Read More of my favorite things about working with her! We received our photos very quickly after our wedding/reception dates, we weren't sitting around waiting on them for weeks which was so great! They were a joy to work with and we would choose them again... we 100% recommend them to everyone!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Chelsie F

Leia and her husband, Shane, are exceptional at what they do! Leia handled the initial booking and planning meetings and was easy to communicate with and so personable. Then we met Shane on our big day as he and Leia worked their magic! I was so glad to have two photographers... Read More (at no extra cost!) that were caring, detail-oriented, made us feel comfortable and took gorgeous photos! Leia even went the extra mile when we asked to have our ceremony photos edited and available to us the very same night so that we could display them at our reception the following day. We are beyond happy with the flawless documentation of our wedding weekend and we have Leia and Shane to thank for it!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Stephanie B

I am not kidding when I tell you that I spend days, week, scouring websites, facebook, ect. I'm pretty sure I reviewed close to 100 portfolios and narrowed my list down to a dozen. My fiance picked Leia right off the bat and after we met with her in person, the choice was... Read More obvious. We fell in love with her style, professionalism, artistry, and sense of humor. Aside from my fiance, she was the best decision I made! She did such a wonderful job of listening to our wishes and help think outside the box. She knew what photos meant the most to us and paid particularly close attention to detail for those. To top it all off, her husband Shane was amazing! They bounce off of each other so well. We weren't just picking our wedding photographer, we were making new friends! I am still getting praise and comments on our engagement and wedding photos. my response, we had a great photographer!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Lyndsey S

Leia and Shane did such a wonderful job documenting our wedding day! Whenever my husband and I met with them for the first time, we knew in that moment that we wanted them to be a part of our big day. They both truly cared about the details of our wedding and were so helpful in... Read More planning our timeline. Leia asked for a shot list and made sure we got every photo that we wanted on our wedding day. Her and her husband were also there for all of the precious, little moments and they captured them so beautifully. For most of the day, I couldn't even tell they were there! If that isn't amazing enough, we got our access to an online gallery on all of our edited photos less than two weeks later! I would highly recommend Leia Smethurt Photography and am looking forward to using them again in the future!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Dia B

Absolutely LOVE Leia!! Had our engagement pictures done with her and CAN'T WAIT for the wedding day! She is personable, but can take charge of the situation! She is so creative with her shots and I was completely at ease during our session! Best of all, she joked with us the... Read More whole time, so we really got some good and honest smiles and reactions in our pictures! I would recommend her with NO DOUBT to anyone who asked!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Tanner T

I couldn't have imagined a better duo to photograph our wedding day! Leia and Shane are so helpful and fun to work with. Leia was always so fast in replying to emails and getting our pictures to us and the quality of the pictures are amazing. There's no reason that you shouldn't... Read More hire these two for your event!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Kohley B

Leia and her husband were so awesome at my wedding! The wedding party was about an hour late for pictures and Leia stayed calm and the pictures turned out great! She is very easy to get along with and work with but also can be assertive when she needs to. The pictures turned out... Read More so great and her editing style is so awesome!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Nanette K

Leia and her husband are wonderful! We had fun with the for our engagement pictures as well as our wedding. I got the pictures back RIGHT after we got back from our honeymoon, so she was very fast! I loved them. They work wonderfully with the lighting and we had some beautiful... Read More pictures. Everyone told me not to skimp on my pictures in my wedding budget and I'm glad I didn't! Her pictures look great! And they are such a fun couple to work with.

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Lauren G

I cannot speak highly enough about both Leia and Shane! They were referrals of a very good friend of mine and I am so glad we chose her! Leia was amazing in every sense: quick communication response, creativity with the poses and shots, and listened to our every request and... Read More need. Leia is truly talented, passionate and hardworking and you should consider yourself lucky to have her as your photographer! She not only sent us a catalog of answers to bridal questions for both our engagement and the big day of, but also sent us a USB with our favorite picture as the cover. The pictures were stunning and everything we could have hoped for! Leia was calming and respectful on our wedding day and she made everything so low maintenance. So so thankful for her and her husband!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016

Leia and Shane are great to work with! We definitely aren't picture people or super photogenic but Leia makes us feel comfortable during our shoots and has a great eye. She has been there for us through our engagement to our wedding and everything in between! We always have a... Read More good time and appreciate all their hard work and editing time and well, just.. thank you for capturing the special moments!

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Kortney H

Leia and her husband were incredible. I could not be more happy with the photos from our wedding day. She was patient with me when discussing what kind of shots were important to me, and really captured the candid pictures that I was looking for. I would recommend her to anyone... Read More planning a wedding. Thank you Leia for making our wedding day look like a real life fairy tale!!!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Mandy P

Leia and Shane were AMAZING. From the first meeting to the farewell, they were professional and fun. Any meeting or shoot, they were early and prepared. She listened to my wants and did everything she could to make those a reality. My pics from the engagement to the wedding... Read More are beautiful. She contacted me after the wedding and knew there were a few shots that she was unable to take due to time constraints (no fault of theirs) and offered to shoot some more. She and Shane have a special place in our heart for all they did to make my special day all the more special. I would recommend her to any bride that wants the most value for her dollar. Thank you Leia!!

Leia Smethurst

Leia is currently a photographer in Oklahoma City. Born in San Francisco, and raised in Northern California she brings a fun, fresh attitude to her photography. Having a grandfather who was an avid photographer throughout his life and getting an opportunity to live through his photos; Leia realized just how important documenting life really is. Leia started her business in 2007 and now focuses on Wedding and Commercial photography. Published numerous times locally and internationally, she is an award-winning professional who will make sure your memories are properly preserved