Leicester Country Club

Leicester, MA

Book Your Wedding with Leicester Country Club

A BALLROOM IN LEICESTER, MA

Leicester Country Club combines rustic charm with refined elegance to create a classic countryside wedding venue. As a golf club that was established in 1894, this venue is steeped in history. With luscious green grounds, towering trees and floral displays that are immaculately maintained, guests feel awe from the moment they approach the building. Located in Leicester, Massachusetts, this sophisticated golf club sits on the tallest point between Boston Harbor and the Connecticut River, providing guests with breathtaking views of the surrounding area.

When it comes to rustic wedding venues that pack plenty of charm, Leicester Country Club is difficult to beat. Wooden bridges wind through the ground, natural stone walling adorns some of the buildings and an olden-style gazebo awaits those couples who want to get married outdoors. Newlyweds-to-be considering this venue can make the most of indoor and outdoor ceremony areas.

Surrounded by flowers and adorned with natural stone, the outdoor gazebo is both charming and magical. When the sun is peeking through the trees that rest alongside it, it acts as a breathtaking ceremony location.

Thanks to the expansive windows, natural light floods into the main ballroom during the day, followed by beautiful views of the stars at night. A combination of parquet flooring and magnificent pillars gives this room an elegant edge, and with soft drapes framing the windows, it looks stunning without any additional decor. Thanks to the neutral tones throughout, it's an excellent backdrop for all kinds of wedding themes.

A range of all-inclusive wedding packages are available at Leicester Country Club. The venue's most basic package features three butlered hors d'oeuvres, an open bar for a social hour, complimentary cake cutting, a choice of appetizers and a choice of two entrees. The skilled chefs at this venue serve dishes such as sausage-stuffed mushrooms, bacon-wrapped casino shrimp and sesame seared tuna sashimi. There's also the option of having different tables and stations, such as a pizza table or a selection of fresh buffalo wings.

Those who use this venue for their wedding celebrations cannot bring their own liquor, but there are a range of drinks packages available. This includes a selection of pre-mixed cocktails, mimosas and wines, which come with a per-gallon price. Wine service charges depend on the number of bottles opened and served to guests.

A bridal suite is available for 1.5 hours before the events begin. Those who book this venue must pay a deposit, with a further deposit being made six months before the wedding. Prices for food and drink don't include the sales tax, Leicester meals tax or gratuity.

There's a truly refined selection of foods available at this venue, including a broad range of vegetarian and vegan options. Other extra perks include:

• An 18-hole par-70 golf course onsite
  • Personal banquet manager to ensure everything runs smoothly on the wedding day
  • Use of the bridge for picturesque New England photos
  • Champagne fountains and candy buffets available

From the extra touches that wow guests to the serene views and countryside setting, Leicester Country Club has the potential for a seamless and memorable wedding.

Country Elegance with a View

Leicester Country Club, just minutes from Worcester MA, offers stunning outdoor locations & traditional indoor settings for your wedding day. Our Ballroom and Leicester Room will accommodate 30-300 guests. Exceptionally well priced, fantastic food, great location, free parking. Daily tours available

Ballroom, Country Club

Food + Catering, Planning

1430 Main Street, Leicester, MA (508) 892-1390

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Mimi R

Sarah and I got married April 29, 2017. Leicester Country Club was amazing! I understand why they are so highly rated. They are pros. They made me so comfortable, they were more than accommodating they cared and assisted with everything. They knew the big details and the the... Read More little ones to make the day go off without a hitch. If there was any issue that day, I didn't know about it, they just handled it. Chuck is awesome. Also, we did a golfing contest (closest putt, longest drive) that was just great! Again, they took care of the details and when we didn't have a club, they had one at the ready - So responsive and flexible! I wish I could give them higher than 5 stars! Also, completely gay friendly. Wonderfully happy and gracious for all couples.

2017-06-07T07:56:14 Response from the vendor

Such a fun wedding. Thank you for the kind words as well as letting us host your special day.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Karen C

I don't think we could have asked the Leicester Country Club for more - from start to finish, they were there for everything we needed. The food was great - we did the chef stations. Highly recommend! People are still talking about them a month later! The service was exceptional... Read More - the waitstaff and bartenders managed to make our 190 guests all feel well taken care of. And Mr. Chuck - good God, he's a dream! He was able to navigate my mom and I's relationship (best friends who can buttheads) seamlessly, making sure we both felt important and heard. When Laura left a month after we set a date, I was nervous. But Chuck was everything we dreamed of and more. He and the entire team made us feel like they couldn't do enough for us - and any hiccup we had they treated like no big deal. I am so happy we got married here and would highly recommend it to ANYBODY looking for a great space with a great crew at a great price.

2016-12-08T08:00:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and the family. Such a fun time planning and hosting an event that we won't soon forget. All the best-the LCC

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Wendy L

Our daughter and son in law just recently got married at the Leicester Country Club, the day and venue were absolutely perfect. All the requests we had were met by the club and was beyond what we expected. Every staff member was so professional we knew that we would have... Read More nothing to worrying about on that day including keeping our secret guest "Wally from the Red Sox" a complete surprise from the bride and groom. Several guests approached us raving about how phenomenal the food was, they loved the DJ (Sounds by Rich) the Florist (A Beautiful Bouquet) and the photographer (Jillian Rollins Photography) all highly recommended by the Country Club. We would not hesitate to recommend the Leicester Country Club to anyone. The pricing is reasonable, the facility is large and the grounds were beautiful. Many thanks to Chuck, Cheryl, Nancy, Sarah the kitchen and wait staff for a job well done! All have certainly earned the five stars! Thank You Wendy & Mike

2016-09-27T13:19:47 Response from the vendor

Wendy and Mike, It was certainly our pleasure hosting the big day. Such a great wedding with such an outstanding family. Best wishes. The Staff at the LCC

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Lauren F

My husband and I got married at LCC on July 9, 2017. We had both our ceremony and reception here, and both the outdoor gazebo (for ceremony) and the indoor reception hall were amazing. We purchased one of the packages, which made the planning super easy. Our wedding coordinator,... Read More Sara, took care of everything for us! She touched base on timeline, went through every detail to make sure the ceremony and reception were seamless, and was accommodating for some of our more quirky desires (i.e., figuring out how to set up indoor lawn games and a game table). She set up our centerpieces, guest book table, etc. the day-of so that I had nothing to worry about. She checked in with us during the reception to make sure everything was going the way we wanted it to. She was AMAZING. I was left with zero regrets on my wedding day (and isn't that exactly how it should be?). I would recommend LCC to anyone in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Olivia S

We can't thank Sara enough for everything she did for our amazing wedding at Leicester Country Club! Our families raved about everything and our wedding reception far exceeded all of our expectations!! From the food to the decor, everything was perfect and we were so happy with... Read More it all. Additionally, Sara was there for us every step of the way during the planning process and she truly went above and beyond for us. She was attentive to detail, quick to reply to every single email/phone call, and she made us feel special. I wish we could re-live the day all over again because it was just that magical, and Sara and her team made it all possible!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 LeeAnn D

I am beyond thrilled with my wedding at LCC. From the organized, professional and friendly staff to the delicious food, nothing was short of amazing. LCC is affordable yet their ceremony and reception can compete with venues far more expensive. Thank you for giving me a wedding... Read More that exceeded all my expectations!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Brittany K

Our wedding was everything we invisioned and more thanks to the Leicester country club staff who went above and beyond to make our night simply amazing.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 mary

We couldn't have asked for more from Leicester Country Club for our daughter's wedding. It is a beautiful setting. The price is fantastic. Nancy Raymond patiently assisted us with every detail. Ours was an international wedding with the groom's family coming from France.... Read More The LCC allowed us to decorate with a French theme, serve French candy, etc. No matter who in your family is getting married, you will receive terrific service at a great price from the friendliest of staffs. I dreaded the whole notion of a wedding but it turned out to be easy and fun. Everyone had a GREAT time!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Meredith L

LCC did such an amazing job with our wedding day! Our wedding coordinator, Nancy, was amazing!! She was so accommodating with our schedules to meet to discuss the day. She made everything exactly how we wanted! She even kept my husband's and my own food warm while we were... Read More mingling. (The food was great, by the way). She made everything go off without a hitch. We were so lucky to have her. The dance floor is nice and big and they recommended our DJ (Sounds By Rich, who did wonderful). They set up a candy buffet for us and the wait staff was very attentive to us. It was everything we wanted it to be and more. Thank you, Nancy and LCC !!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Joselyn E

Amazing food, service and great coordinator! Nancy made our day so much more special with all her support! Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Pearl P

Nancy and her staff were more than we could ask for. From the day we came to the office to book the venue to the day of the wedding nothing sort of phenomenal. I would surely recommend them to any event. I really appreciate their sincere care of us on that day. I don't know what... Read More we would have done without them. They are truly professional but also caring.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Paige D

Once we visited Leicester Country Club, we knew that this would be the place! Chuck was our wedding coordinator and we can't say enough wonderful things about him. He clearly holds a lot of experience in wedding planning and made the planning an absolute breeze. On the actual... Read More wedding day, everything went absolutely perfectly. All of the centerpieces, ceremony decorations, etc. were all set up for us by the staff at LCC which was absolutely wonderful. Chuck really takes care of every detail and had an answer to every question that we had throughout the planning process. I really can't say enough wonderful things about how smoothly the months leading up to it and the big day went because of Chuck and the rest of the staff here. Now we wish we could get married all over again!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Katie P

I cannot say enough good things about LCC! They were the perfect choice for our ceremony and reception!! Our ceremony was outside at the gazebo, it was picture perfect in every way. Our cocktail our was in the Leicester room and reception was in the ballroom - all spaces were so... Read More lovely. Chuck was more than accommodating with every little thing!! He was always very quick to respond and helped us make sure every detail was just perfect! Thank you Chuck and staff for an absolutely unforgettable evening!!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2016

This was the best wedding I've ever had *first wedding*! Seriously, though, the venue was BEAUTIFUL, the staff was very friendly, they had a to die for cheese platter design, and they had a military discount. Nancy was our wedding coordinator and she was AMAZING. She asked all... Read More the right questions and kept me completely at ease whenever we met. Definitely worth the money for the best day of my life.

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Nadia V

The LCC staff is amazing to work with they did everything I asked and then some they worked wonderfully with our other vendors and us. The food is amazing, and the staff was so polite and helpful. They also offer other services such as Justice of Peace, Cakes, Photographer and... Read More Florist. I will recommend this place to anyone looking for a great place at an amazing price!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Casey T

What an amazing staff to work with! Everything was seem less, I wouldn't change a thing. The food was amazing as well!

LCC is where you want to be

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 erin T

I just got married at Leicester Country Club 3 days ago and it was nothing short of perfect. Laura Blessington definitely lives us to the "Blessing" in her name. She is part wedding coordinator, friend, and therapist. She walked us through the order in which vendors are booked,... Read More checked up on us to make sure we were following an appropriate time line and gave wonderful suggestions for officiants, flowers, cakes, DJs, photographers, you name it. She never took more than a day to respond to an email or a phone message and she was very good about giving a straightforward opinion or fact about the reality of the ideas you have for your day. The rest of the staff including the bartender and the other coordinator Nancy were amazing! They helped us with our first look photos taken at a covered bridge and the group portraits by the gazebo. They went above and beyond. We had our ceremony in the Leicester room which was decorated beautifully. The ballroom upstairs was where the reception was held. The tables, DJ booth, gift table etc. were arranged so the room felt so big and yet intimate simultaneously. We went with the chef station package which really gave you a lot for your money and a TON of variety. We had 3 different pastas, salad, bread, chicken or steak fajitas (rice, salsa, cheese, sour cream, you name it), pork with an apple gravy and a beef dish with mushroom sauce. We also had bacon wrapped scallops, spanikopita, sesame chicken tenders and the complimentary cheese and cracker platter. In short, people were well fed and they raved about the food. For the day from 4:00 pm to 9:30 for 114 plates (including us and vendors) we were just over $10,000, and we get a $1,000 deposit back two weeks after the wedding date. So in reality, it was just over 9k. I cannot speak highly enough of the Leicester Country Club. I hope this review helps, I was a bride on a budget and they certainly delivered a beautiful venue for our price point. Good luck!

Perfect wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Laura is just amazing!!!! Not words can describe how perevt she is for her job. Make sure you book DJ Scott Salvi they work great togerher!!!!

The BEST!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Chuck from LCC was so amazing, helpful, knowledgeable, and just all around great. Between him and his staff making our day amazing was well worth it. Beautiful place! Even with all the unplanned emergencies this staff was right there to fix it! Thank you LCC!!!

Extremely pleased

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

From the day we met her, Laura was an amazing coordinator. She made bride, groom, and me (MOB) feel very at ease while she answered lots of questions and took care of every detail, even going over and above. She made us feel at ease, treated us with respect, and was... Read More professional, personable and flexible through the whole process right through the day after the wedding! The meal tasting was an exceptional experience (we opted for the Country Club special); the hall is beautiful and comfortable and spacious. With a total of 125 guests, we all had a great time. Highly recommended.

Wedding Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

The Leicester Country Club and our wedding coordinator Laura Blessington were the perfect choice for our daughter's wedding. From the first introductory meeting through the wedding reception we were delighted with the attention paid to us and to every detail of the wedding.... Read More Not only was our daughter able to relax and enjoy her special day, we as parents of the bride and hosts for the evening were confident things would go well and they did. We were proud to host family and friends with a lovely setting for the ceremony and reception and a delicious meal. We would recommend Laura and the Leicester Country Club to anyone looking for the perfect spot at a reasonable price.

It's all in the details!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Mary M

I was lucky enough to use the Leicester Country Club for both my ceremony and reception, and the package offerings were spectacular. I was unprepared for the intricacies of planning a wedding, but our coordinator, Laura--she is the best. The variety of options that were... Read More available to make our day "ours" were fantastic, with vendors who were a total pleasure to work with. Our cake was exactly as we designed (and totally delicious), the flowers were tasteful and guests were clamoring for the centerpieces, and the outdoor ceremony/photo spaces were exactly what I'd hoped for on a crisp autumn day. I can't rave enough about Laura--she was attentive but not overwhelming, she corralled my demanding MoH, and was especially thoughtful when working to ensure my mom's comfort (she's just finished chemo) throughout the day. She was stern when we needed her to be, but kept us on schedule and with smiles the whole time. Truly a credit to LCC's name. We were anxious about impending terrible weather, but Laura was prepared with a full contingency plan and while we never needed to implement them--it was a great relief to know the day could go on regardless. The bridal suite is roomy, the ballroom very comfortable for our 100+ guests, and the grounds impeccably maintained. If you're a sucker for covered bridges, this is your place! The meals were delicious, and our guests raved about their dinner. They were able to accommodate several food allergies, which was a surprise and a relief for such a large-scale event. Overall, I went from "let's get married in Vegas" to "This isn't so hard" to "Everything is perfect!", if that says anything for the quality and value of LCC. Seriously, listen to Laura. She knows things. The day really DOES go by so fast!

Reviewed on 8/28/2015

Wow! My husband and I had our wedding at Leicester Country Club on August 8, 2015. From the very beginning we knew we had picked the right venue. Laura Blessington - our amazing wedding coordinator- made sure we had everything we wanted/needed. She did SO much for us and made... Read More what would seem like one of the most stressful planning processes a breeze. Thanks to Laura we were truly able to enjoy our day without having to worry about minor details. Laura and the LCC staff took the images I had in my mind and made them come to life. Laura also was there for me whenever I had a question, needed vendor advice (like where to go for flowers), and she was there if I needed to make a last minute change. The food was also fantastic! We received nothing but compliments from all of our guests. If you are looking for a classy, contemporary, and sophisticated wedding venue I highly recommend LCC!

My Wedding at the LCC

Reviewed on 7/27/2015

My husband and I recently got married at the Leicester Country Club on July 19th, 2015. I can say without a doubt, that this place is absolutely fantastic. Where do I even start?? Laura Blessington, the wedding coordinator, was such a huge help and beyond a pleasure to work... Read More with. She was able to guide us every step of the way, and made planning the biggest event of our lives bearable and fun. She stays in constant contact and answers every question (no matter how big or small) instantly. She made us feel like her biggest priority! We held our ceremony and reception here, and both went flawlessly. A beautiful outdoor ceremony, and a lively indoor reception. The food was delicious, service throughout our entire day/night was prompt and friendly, and we didn't have to worry about a thing. I absolutely 110% recommend holding any event at the Leicester Country Club!

Laura Blessington and Chuck, Leicester Country Club

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

My daughter and son in law got married here on 7-18-15. From the start of the initial planning up until the reception was over, Laura made it seamless from beginning to end. She is a phenomenal wedding planner. The value, the venue, the food (delicious) and the ambience/... Read More decorations of the ballroom ( all customized to your color schemes) exceeded our expectations beyond belief. They also have a list of great vendors from DJ, to VJ, photographer, florist, to Bakery to choose from. It was truly a MAGICAL night, and we will never forget it! We live out of state, and it is very hard to plan a wedding from 1300 miles away, but without Laura, I don't know how our daughter or us would have done it! We picked the Romance Package, and our budget was limited, and Laura and Chuck made it all work for us. I called several other venues prior to LCC, and they were way overpriced, and did not include anything other than just the dinner for much more $$$! All I can say is if I had to plan another wedding out of state, this would be the venue I would choose. It deserves 20 stars!! My daughter and her husband had the absolute wedding of their dreams! Once again, thank you Laura and Chuck, it was just amazing!! Sincerely, Catherine Olen Kissimmee, FL