Look good on the dance floor

You are in good hands! After a few dance lessons we guarantee that you will be ready for your first dance! The best way to get started is to book a 30-minute FREE introductory lesson by calling us at (617) 372 5890 . Wedding packages available. Check out our website here: www.Leonsdance.com.

Classical, Dance, Disco, Folk, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

230 Adams Street, Newton, MA (617) 372-5890

Professional and Welcoming

Reviewed on 11/30/2011 Tracy F

Dancing can be off putting, because if you're not already good at it you may feel silly. Leon and Kim dis-spell this feeling, and do a great job making you feel at ease. Pete and I took both group classes and private lessons. We had 5 sessions for our wedding dance, and it... Read More wasn't to a traditional song. Leon came up with a very nice dance that had enough choreography to make it look clean, but not so much we were pressured to get everything right. We also were able to learn some fundamental steps to new dances we were not already learning in the group classes. Their group classes are great too. They do a great job with the folks who attend and everyone ends up having a great time, making friends and seriously trying to learn to dance.

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Diana F

My now husband and I reached out to Leon's Dance Center about month from our wedding date. We wanted to have some dance lessons before the big day to ease my anxiety about dancing in the spotlight. We had met with one other dance teacher before Leon but it was a disaster and... Read More almost turned us off to dance lessons - thank goodness we found Leon. First, we met Leon during our free introductory dance lesson which was about a half hour. In that time, Leon listened to our chosen song and taught us some basics about two different types of dances that would work best for our song. He let us decide which type of dance we felt more comfortable with, and within that half hour, we already felt like we learned something. Before we left, we chose to do the 5 lesson package (we only had a month to go!) and scheduled all five lessons with Leon. Our five lessons were great. Leon was a good teacher to the two of us with no ballroom dancing experience. He taught us skills progressively, always reviewing past lessons as he went. By our last lesson, Leon had taught us an introduction for our dance, underarm turns, box turns, side basic steps, and ending with a dip. We received many compliments on our memorable first dance (it was a surprise to all) and we could not have done it without Leon!

He made us look GOOD!!

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Jen S

My (then) fiancé and I took wedding dance lessons at Leon’s Dance Center in Newton. We are both beginners and chose the 5 class package. Leon started from the very basic steps and worked with the song we had chosen to put together a choreographed routine. The dance wasn’t... Read More super complex, but had enough variety of moves to make it look interesting. The best part of the routine was the dip at the end- lots of pics of that! He made us look GOOD!! Leon was easy to work with and has a good sense of humor. We plan to go back and take lessons in salsa- we really enjoy taking the dance lesson together.

Great! Worked with our schedule!

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Karen Z

Leon was great, and in 3 lessons he got us a very simple, but elegant, routine for our first dance! He was very calm and helpful, and supported us practicing! At $100 per lesson, we could only afford 3 lessons. If he was more reasonably priced we would continue our lessons!

2014-08-10T07:57:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review and congrats on your special day. But just to be clear our lessons for pay-as-you-go is $90 right now, in July 2014 (not $100). And we do offer a very reasonable 5 lesson package that most people get where you save... Read Less Read More

Highly skilled dancer who will accommodate you

Reviewed on 11/24/2013 Phillip D

Leon was a very skilled dancer with a lot of experience and expertise. We had visited Arthur Murray and were not impressed (We have previous experience dancing so we were not looking for beginner level). Leon was the real deal. In just a few weeks, we had a full choreographed... Read More rhumba/chacha dance. We did a lot of prep work before the lessons and did most of the choreography ourselves, but Leon was able to give suggestions on how to make moves fit together better and adjust our execution. Would work with him again!

Perfect Wedding Dance Lessons

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Molly P

My husband and I took five dance lessons with Leon before our August 2013 wedding. Leon put together something perfect and manageable for us. He was very patient as we were slow learners in the beginning. The night of our wedding our dance was perfect and magical. I would... Read More highly recommend Leon - it will make your wedding day that much more special!

Best Dance Teacher and Reasonable Price! : )

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Samantha C

My new husband and I (still getting used to that!) took private lessons with Leon leading up to our wedding. We did the Wedding Package of 5 lessons. It was the perfect number of lessons, but that is certainly because Leon is AMAZING! Leon is so sweet and patient. He helped... Read More choreograph a dance for us that really impressed all of our guests. Although I have many favorite moments with Leon, I think the best was during our last lesson: he reminded us that although we had been doing well in our last couple lessons, doing the dance during the wedding was going to be more challenging because we were going to get distracted with all of the people around. Leon then proceeded to do leaps around us, switching on and off the lights, slamming doors, everything he could think of, and we had to just keep dancing. And wouldn't you know it, we did our dance on our special day PERFECTLY! Not one mistake! Couldn't believe it! Needless to say, I highly suggest Leon to help you prepare for your wedding day, or if you are interested in taking dance classes for fun! He is the best! : )

BEST dance instructor in ALL of Massachusetts!!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2012 Danielle A

Where do I start?!! My (now husband) and I went to Leon about a month and a half before our wedding. My husband's wedding gift to me, dance lessons to make our 1st dance memorable. Please note we have never had a single dance lesson and were not ever known for being... Read More particularly groovy on the dance floor! My husband wanted to do a surprise dance going from a slow dance into a salsa. Neither of us knew how to salsa...!! We were sooo nervous walking into Leon's studio. He is professional and knowledgable, we were afraid he'd laugh our our two left feet!! But Leon was beyond amazing. We gave him our idea and he took right over! Beginning with the basics, he taught us from scratch each move one by one. Together with his skills and our ideas, we came up with a STELLAR routine that we knew everyone would love! But the most important part: He didn't just teach us one single routine to dance one time at our wedding, he taught us how to lead and follow, many salsa moves that we have built on and now use when we go out salsa dancing at the clubs!! Our 1st dance ended up being even more amazing than we thought! Being perfectionists, watching the video, we see little mistakes and misteps, but it didn't matter, because the crowd went CRAZY when the salsa part came on after thinking we were going to do the usual slow dance. We were so happy with everyone's reaction it was worth every bead of sweat spent over all our practices. Leon is by far the best instructor, and I'm SO glad we trusted the most important part of our reception to him. He could teach a monkey how to mambo and is so patient and funny. I would recommend him and his dance studio to anyone looking to make your 1st dance something special :o)

Wedding dance lessons were great!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Simone H

Leon was great. We waited until almost the last minute to take dance lessons for our wedding and he accommodated us perfectly. Squeezed in several private sessions which made our day special. We will be back to take more now that the pressure is off. Thanks again.