The premier wedding venue on the Mississippi!

The Premier Wedding Venue on the Mississippi River, Leopold's Mississippi Gardens is a new wedding venue located on the beautiful and historic Mississippi River. Combining serenity and privacy with a beautiful state-of-the-art event space, Mississippi Gardens will create spectacular events remembered for a lifetime. Designed for the perfect wedding, Mississippi Gardens has tons of unique amenities including: • Panoramic Views of the Mississippi River • Outdoor Ceremony Locations • Gorgeous Wedding Party Suites to get ready • Indoor Seating for up to 330 guests • Event Planning from an experienced team and Day-of Consultation • Upscale Decor Packages • Complimentary Parking/ overnight parking • Delicious Catering from award-winning Mintahoe C

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

9500 West River Road, Minneapolis, MN (763) 315-3800

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Oli J

Mississippi Gardens is by far one of the best wedding venues in the twin cities! The team there is absolutely incredible! From the initial planning stages all the way through our wedding day, they were instrumental in helping us plan the wedding of our dreams. Being an out of... Read More town bride and groom, we were initially concerned about planning a wedding from a distance, but working with the team at MG was such a wonderful experience. They were attentive, proactive, and overall just amazing group of people to work with. The Venue itself is gorgeous! Nestled near the Mississippi river, it provides breath-taking views of the river and the beautiful landscape surrounding it. The hall itself is magnificent with large chandeliers, floor to ceiling windows, and classy design. The set up, the attention to detail, the servers, the food, everything was phenomenal and beyond anything that we had ever imagined! We are still buzzing from the experience and our guests are still raving about the place. We couldn’t have asked for a better team of professionals to help make our dream wedding come true. Our wedding day felt like a fairy tale and the decision to have our wedding at MG was by far the best decision we’ve made throughout the entire planning process. Worth Every single penny!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Amy O

The best planning decision we made was booking Mississippi Gardens. I've worked with a lot of different vendors and the staff here are unlike anyone else I've done events with. Jamie, Jordan, Erin and Courtney might be some the hardest working people in the wedding business.... Read More But what's even cooler about them is that they are so fun to be around! They can make you feel like you're a part of their family (which, when you're a stressed out bride, is just the best feeling). We had a few hiccups during the ceremony (including a sudden rainstorm) and they handled it so smoothly that the guests couldn't even tell there were changes! Furthermore, the space is gorgeous and so functional. You could do as much or as little as you'd like in terms of decor and have a beautiful wedding either way. Whether you're a low-key couple who doesn't want to have to think about much or someone looking to create a dramatic event, the skilled staff and beautiful space will be exactly what you need.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Darren L

Such a wonderful planning process from the ground up! My fiancé & I signed the contract for our fall 2015 wedding reception at Mississippi Gardens, when it was just dirt and a few cement beams....and every step of the way we were involved and made to feel like they were building... Read More the venue just for our wedding. Cathy, Erin, Jamie & Jordan are the most wonderful team to work with, so very accommodating & thoughtful, even up until the day of the wedding. Darren and I were one of the first wedding receptions at Mississippi Gardens and everything went so smooth, it felt like they had been doing this forever, and it was only one of their first events! Our 10/3 wedding was a paramount fall day in Minnesota, crisp & sunny 60 degrees. Being right on the Mississippi River and only a few minutes from our church, it was our ideal location for our wedding reception venue. Close enough to the city but far enough away to escape the hustle. The outdoor space is a beautiful lush bank on the River, (flowers, lush trees, plants, landscaping, etc). The golden lighting was stunning coming through the trees during social hour. It was a perfect outdoor space for guests to relax & children to run around up and down the granite staircase, and explore the beautiful area before sitting down for dinner. Also ideal for pictures outside, with many tall trees, hills, floral, calm river water backdrop, etc etc….so many fall colors and large lavish grounds to see. STUNNING indoor décor, we appreciated every little detail! Its elegant Cinderella meeting rustic chic, the chandeliers against the exposed wood ceiling, the Victorian damask wallpaper against the refurbished wooden mirror, “glamour in the woods” feel, WE LOVED EVERY DETAIL, and so did our guests! From the bathrooms to the window drapery, it’s amazing how everything coordinated and astonished new guests. The food options from Mintahoe were delicious and very customizable - we served the Short Ribs, Wingtip Chicken and the Butternut Squash Ravioli. Each choice was honestly delicious, prepared so well. The presentation of each plate was so intricate & beautiful; the detail was if there was only one plate being made, instead of 240. Our guests commented on the portion sizes being just enough food to have room for our cupcakes & candy buffet. Cathy & Erin blessed us with so many extras and truly made us feel like we were part of their family. They each possess attitudes of service, partnership & accommodation to every little detail when planning a wedding. They each have tremendous experience in the industry, and prepared us in a way in which we knew exactly what to expect the day-of. They gave us abundant confidence in their teams’ execution that we literally had no worries or questions when walking into our social hour the day of our wedding. Cathy, Erin, Jamie & Jordan made us feel that their venue was not just a place that we were renting, but as if it was our home. The hard work and dedication that was put into making this place a stunning venue did not go unnoticed. Mississippi Garden’s magnificence speaks to so much of the individuals that designed it & brought it to life.

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Brianna D

I highly recommend Mississippi Gardens for your wedding ceremony/reception! Besides the fact that it is an absolutely beautiful venue, the hospitality and service was 5/5. Our Wedding Coordinator, Erin, was extremely tentative and helpful. From the very beginning she was... Read More available to help answer any question I had and if she wasn't available at that time, she was quick to let me know when she could chat. She made me feel confident about every decision and talked me through the ones I didn't understand or wasn't sure about. Pre-wedding meetings were seamless and I always left them feeling more and more excited for our day. We had a winter wedding, so the ceremony was also at the venue and it was absolutely stunning. We got so many compliments from our guests on the layout and the detail. The chandeliers throughout are AMAZING. The help that we received from the entire Leopold family (Jordan, kids, wife, everyone!) + Erin the day of was truly impressive. Everything went so smoothly and any concern I had the day of was taken care of almost immediately. I could not be happier with my decision to go with this venue and would do it 100 times over again.

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Dani M

Mississippi Gardens was a perfect venue for our wedding. We could not have picked a better place! The venue itself is stunning, and the staff makes planning your day a breeze. Courtney was fantastic, I didn’t have to worry about a thing the day of my wedding. I knew they had... Read More everything under control. We are so happy we chose Mississippi Gardens as our venue! Our guests still make comments on how beautiful everything was. Thank you for making our big day the BEST big day we could have dreamed of! I would recommend Mississippi Gardens to anyone looking for a gorgeous venue and unbeatable service!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Meg R

Leopold's Mississippi Gardens is a beautiful venue by the river. The team there are professional and accommodating. They were able to address any of our questions or concerns promptly. Their wait staff the day of the wedding are also very attentive and professional. We really... Read More appreciated Courtney and Erin's help with planning and coordinating everything from the food to the table and chair set up. This venue caters through Mintahoe, the food was very good, all our guests were impressed with everything. Everyone especially loved the cupcakes! Definitely check them out and see if they would be a good fit!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Leah B

The best decision we made was having our wedding at Mississippi Gardens. The venue is absolutely beautiful either for an indoor or outdoor wedding. We ended up having an indoor wedding due to weather and they were able to set it up last minute for us! The staff is more than... Read More accommodating and are so helpful. During the planning process Courtney and Erin responded quickly to e-mails and offered suggestions to help us. The day of, Courtney was there helping us setup and Erin helped out during the ceremony and with other logistics. We had so many compliments at how beautiful and nice the venue was, as well as the food ( by mintahoe catering) and at how professional the staff are. thank you so much Mississippi Gardens!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Katie H

Mississippi Gardens was nothing short of wonderful. Every staff member I came in contact with was helpful and kind. They were responsive with questions and helped my day go off without a glitch! Beautiful venue with a huge parking lot for guests, and by far the most beautiful... Read More decor in all wedding venues I have seen. Would absolutely recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Kirsten K

Mississippi Gardens truly lives up to their slogan of the premier venue on the Mississippi river! We had our 10-7-17 wedding ceremony and reception at LMG, and everything was absolutely perfect! From our initial planning meeting, the tasting, and all the way to the end, each... Read More detail was handled with such care. Erin and Courtney are rock stars! They got back to my emails promptly and I always felt like we were in good hands with them. The day of, they added little touches I wouldn't have even thought of, and kept the day running smoothly. Jordan and Jamie were the best! They helped with so many fine details and our guests were thrilled to see an old Wild player at the venue - let alone own it! My husband and his groomsmen even got to take a photo with Jordan and his Hobey Baker and championship rings. It was definitely a highlight! If you are looking for a venue that is elegant, breathtaking and well managed, LMG is definitely the place! I knew I wanted to have my wedding at LMG before I was even engaged and absolutely everything lived up to my expectations!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Nicole H

We had our wedding at Mississippi Gardens and it was absolutely amazing! The people there are so accommodating and friendly! You truly will feel at home with this crew! They were so fabulous to work with and made planning seem easy and stress free! We also received so many... Read More compliments on the venue and everything associated with it. I would highly recommend Mississippi Gardens. Beautiful venue and great staff!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Carly S

My husband and I had an amazing experience at Mississippi Gardens. We are SO happy with our decision to have both our ceremony and reception there. The riverfront ceremony site was absolutely beautiful and we had so many compliments on how gorgeous the venue is. Erin, Courtney,... Read More Jamie and Jordan really made us feel welcome, and like part of the family. Everything went very smoothly throughout the entire process from first meeting to wedding day. We loved everything about our wedding and would definitely recommend this amazing venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Sarah K

We truly had the most wonderful wedding at Leopold's Mississippi Gardens. Jordan, Jamie, Erin, Courtney and the rest of the team went above and beyond to make everything perfect and they succeeded flawlessly - we loved every minute of that day and we are so appreciative of the... Read More time they spent on all of the details and making sure it was everything we wanted - which it was - and more! Couldn't have been better and wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Abby T

Our experience at Leopold's Mississippi Gardens was absolutely amazing! The staff was helpful and organized, making the meetings and planning smooth. The grounds are breath-taking and our day went off without a hitch! Our wedding day was the best day of our lives in large part... Read More to this venue and this staff! Book now everyone, this venue is going to fill up fast.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Theresa M

Almost 2 months later and we are still in absolute awe of the day that the team at Mississippi Gardens helped us create! This was the first and only reception venue we toured because we knew it was the one the second we walked in. We had an offsite ceremony and by the time we... Read More arrived midway through the cocktail hour we were already hearing our guests gush about the venue. We had simple decor for our reception so the natural beauty of the ballroom and deck areas really shined. We had to plan the majority of our event via email with a couple in person meetings and everything was just as we had pictured it - which is really saying something! Courtney and Erin were always very quick to respond to emails I sent them emails throughout the process (I rarely had to wait more than a few minutes to hear back!) Whenever I needed help finalizing any of our plans, Erin did not hesitate to offer suggestions whether it was about layout, decor, food, timeline you name it she was able to help. We truly felt like family throughout the planning process and on our special day. Many many thanks to everyone at Mississippi Gardens!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Brooke S

We had an amazing day at Mississippi Gardens. The venue inside is absolutely GORGEOUS -everything is new and glamorous. The outside was perfect for our outdoor wedding by the river and cocktail hour on the deck. The staff were extremely helpful. Erin Hegedus was always super... Read More quick to respond to any questions I had via email/phone. Courtney was also very helpful on the day of! THANK YOU all! We really enjoyed the day. :)

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Ashley J

Mississippi Gardens is a dream venue. I am beyond happy and forever grateful to LMG that my husband and I chose this venue to have our wedding at. There are so many things that I love about this venue and staff that I don't even know where to start. The venue itself is... Read More beautiful being right around two years old. I fell in love with the elegant touches and attention to detail on the venue's decor. The bridal & groom's rooms are stunning! And the reception area and outdoor ceremony areas are breath taking. We were married down by the river on a beautifully crafted platform (or stage) with a choice of two arches. The path down to the river was paved which was great for people who were high heels. They escorted guests who were unable to make it down the steps via a golf cart which is perfect for them to be present without worrying about how to get down there. Courtney and Erin were my source of contact through planning the whole thing, and they were incredibly sweet and willing to help with any questions I had. We bounced ideas back and forth and came up with a plan that my husband and I could have never came up with by ourselves. They were so incredibly helpful throughout the whole process as I had never planned a wedding before and had no clue where to start! Thanks to Courtney, Erin, and the rest of LMG staff our wedding was exquisite and everything that we ever dreamed of.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Lauren M

My husband and I could not have asked for a better wedding venue to host our big day. The planning process was absolutely seamless thanks to the attentive and responsive staff. Our family and friends raved about the beautiful views of the river as well as the gorgeous interior... Read More building, the warm and welcoming staff, and delicious food. I would recommend Leopold's Mississippi Gardens to anyone! We love this place!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Savahanna W

I cannot say enough good about LMG and our experience. Erin, Courtney and the Leopold family were amazing from start to finish. The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious and the staff is top notch. Their attention to detail is phenomenal and you really feel like part of... Read More their family. I would get married at LMG 1000 more times! Thanks for everything, LMG! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! Love, Savahanna & Pat Wagner

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Molly K

Mississippi Gardens was by far the perfect venue for our wedding day! The planning process was stress free because I could email Courtney or Erin and get a response within a few hours but usually withing minutes. They helped with every step of the process and went above and... Read More beyond. The day of the wedding most brides are stressed, not me! I was stress free because Leopold's was organized, the staff had great communication, I was able to get ready on site in their amazing bridal suite and they had everything set up and ready to go! I love how the owners were there working, shows true pride and joy in their business. I feel as thought I will forever be a part of the Leopolds Mississippi Gardens Family, and its an honor. They seriously made our day nothing short of amazing! Thank you Leopold's Mississippi Gardens!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Mackenzie N

We had an absolutely beautiful wedding at Mississippi Gardens. Every single detail was perfect. The staff here (coordinators, bartenders, waitstaff, EVERYONE) was so kind and thoughtful. The venue and grounds looked so gorgeous, everyone was complimenting the space. We had a... Read More couple of nontraditional ideas that the venue adapted to so easily. We had a 'breakfast for dinner' buffet that was delicious. The cake was my favorite, so so good. They truly provide so much for their clients. They are the best venue in Minnesota no doubt in my mind. I could go on and on about how amazing our experience was. They constantly went above and beyond. Book your event here!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kelly N

Mississippi Gardens is a fantastic wedding venue! We had our wedding there on 5/13/17.First off the staff is nothing short of amazing. They have amazing communication throughout the entire planning process. The venue is stunning with beautiful views of the river and wonderful... Read More inside decor. We had our wddding down by the river and had many guest with mobility issues (including the father of the bride) and they were so accommodating with a cart going up and down whenever we needed them. We loved having the use of the whole venue and the use of the lawn, deck and inside the venue. The venue only uses Mintahoe catering but I have nothing but awesome things to say about them as well. Their representative is amazing to work with! Both Erin and Courtney are so organized and helpful! They helped our wedding day be nothing short of amazing. Finally it was so awesome to see Jamie and Jordan Leopold (the owners) both at our wedding and working to help with carting people up and down the hill and helping with the bridal party entrances! They are truly involved and committed to their business! We love Mississippi Gardens and are so thankful for all their work to help our wedding day be picture perfect!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Ashley M

Leopold's Mississippi Gardens is by far one of the best wedding / event centers in the Twin Cities! Jamie, Jordan and Courtney were all a huge part of our wedding day and made it go so smoothly. There is not one thing that I can think of that went wrong. Initially, we had... Read More planned for an indoor ceremony for our Nov. 5th, 2016 wedding, however three days before our wedding, the weather was supposed to be over 70 degrees and Mississippi Gardens was able to make our dream come true and give us an outdoor ceremony on the deck last minute! The venue itself is very elegant and beautifully decorated that we did not need any decorations, which saved a lot of money from other vendors. Every question we had was answered very quickly and in great detail. We felt confident knowing that we had the best staff helping with our best day ever! All of our guests raved about the venue -- I would most definitely recommend Leopold's Mississippi Gardens to anyone looking for a wedding ceremony / reception location or for any other event.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Megan B

Besides my groom, LMG was the best decision I made in regards to my wedding! The staff is phenomenal, from their easy and consistent communication, to their attention to detail. Our reception was above and beyond anything I could've (and did) imagine for our wedding day. We... Read More took our photos on the grounds and they were incredible! Our wedding was mid October with peak colors - a beautiful 70 degree day perfect for utilizing every aspect of the venue to its fullest! The venue itself is stunning inside and out. Our guests raved about the cocktail hour out on the deck enjoying the fall weather, the beautiful decor indoors and the incredible food! As a bride, I was surprisingly calm throughout the planning process as well as the day of our wedding, because from our first visit to LMG, Courtney, Jamie and Jordan put me at ease knowing that they would pay attention to how I wanted MY day and accommodate as needed. They were happy to incorporate details that were important to me and kept the whole process stress free. I would HIGHLY recommend LMG to any bride looking for a stress free planning process (only stress I found was deciding which INCREDIBLE dinner options to serve!) and a "dream come true" wedding day. I couldn't be happier with our experience at LMG and will cherish the memories made there for a lifetime! Thanks again to the entire Leopold's family!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Ashley B

Leopold's Mississippi Gardens was the wedding venue of my dreams. From the moment I walked in, I knew there was no place else I would rather hold my wedding reception. I was looking for a fresh, clean, and new building with some glitz and glam on the inside and breathtaking... Read More nature outside, all mixed into a friendly, accommodating environment. LMG was this, and so much more. From our very first meeting with the manager of operations, we felt like family. We were given all the details (and then some) and offered deals and gifts right away. Every idea we had they listened to and worked to accommodate. For example, when we asked if we could bring in a pool table they said yes and even came in to help set it up and build a structure that could hold up a pool light. It was incredible! Every person there was friendly and so helpful, and I was never afraid to ask for something, or worried about timeliness; communication was effortless and they tackled the actual wedding night effortlessly. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and they are adding new details and pieces all the time. I only wish we could do it again in ten years, because I know they will have evolved into an even more stunning and capable venue. I will truly miss being part of the LMG family and seeing all the sparkle and smiles every time I walked in the doors. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Sarah s

The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and the venue itself is breathtaking. If I ever needed a large space, I would look to this venue first!

Meet The Coordinator

Courtney Niesen

Courtney Niesen is our day of event coordinator, marketing, and creative specialist. Along with our owners, Jamie & Jordan and Mintahoe sales rep Erin Wade we will help you plan out every step to make your special day a dream come true!