The premiere wedding venue on the Mississippi!

The Premier Wedding Venue on the Mississippi River, Leopold's Mississippi Gardens is a new wedding venue located on the beautiful and historic Mississippi River. Combining serenity and privacy with a beautiful state-of-the-art event space, Mississippi Gardens will create spectacular events remembered for a lifetime. Designed for the perfect wedding, Mississippi Gardens has tons of unique amenities including: • Panoramic Views of the Mississippi River • Outdoor Ceremony Locations • Gorgeous Wedding Party Suites to get ready • Indoor Seating for up to 330 guests • Event Planning from an experienced team and Day-of Consultation • Upscale Decor Packages • Complimentary Parking/ overnight parking • Delicious Catering from award-winning Mintahoe C

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Garden, Park, Tented

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

9500 West River Road, Minneapolis, MN (763) 315-3800

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Oli J

Mississippi Gardens is by far one of the best wedding venues in the twin cities! The team there is absolutely incredible! From the initial planning stages all the way through our wedding day, they were instrumental in helping us plan the wedding of our dreams. Being an out of... Read More town bride and groom, we were initially concerned about planning a wedding from a distance, but working with the team at MG was such a wonderful experience. They were attentive, proactive, and overall just amazing group of people to work with. The Venue itself is gorgeous! Nestled near the Mississippi river, it provides breath-taking views of the river and the beautiful landscape surrounding it. The hall itself is magnificent with large chandeliers, floor to ceiling windows, and classy design. The set up, the attention to detail, the servers, the food, everything was phenomenal and beyond anything that we had ever imagined! We are still buzzing from the experience and our guests are still raving about the place. We couldn’t have asked for a better team of professionals to help make our dream wedding come true. Our wedding day felt like a fairy tale and the decision to have our wedding at MG was by far the best decision we’ve made throughout the entire planning process. Worth Every single penny!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Amy O

The best planning decision we made was booking Mississippi Gardens. I've worked with a lot of different vendors and the staff here are unlike anyone else I've done events with. Jamie, Jordan, Erin and Courtney might be some the hardest working people in the wedding business.... Read More But what's even cooler about them is that they are so fun to be around! They can make you feel like you're a part of their family (which, when you're a stressed out bride, is just the best feeling). We had a few hiccups during the ceremony (including a sudden rainstorm) and they handled it so smoothly that the guests couldn't even tell there were changes! Furthermore, the space is gorgeous and so functional. You could do as much or as little as you'd like in terms of decor and have a beautiful wedding either way. Whether you're a low-key couple who doesn't want to have to think about much or someone looking to create a dramatic event, the skilled staff and beautiful space will be exactly what you need.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Darren L

Such a wonderful planning process from the ground up! My fiancé & I signed the contract for our fall 2015 wedding reception at Mississippi Gardens, when it was just dirt and a few cement beams....and every step of the way we were involved and made to feel like they were building... Read More the venue just for our wedding. Cathy, Erin, Jamie & Jordan are the most wonderful team to work with, so very accommodating & thoughtful, even up until the day of the wedding. Darren and I were one of the first wedding receptions at Mississippi Gardens and everything went so smooth, it felt like they had been doing this forever, and it was only one of their first events! Our 10/3 wedding was a paramount fall day in Minnesota, crisp & sunny 60 degrees. Being right on the Mississippi River and only a few minutes from our church, it was our ideal location for our wedding reception venue. Close enough to the city but far enough away to escape the hustle. The outdoor space is a beautiful lush bank on the River, (flowers, lush trees, plants, landscaping, etc). The golden lighting was stunning coming through the trees during social hour. It was a perfect outdoor space for guests to relax & children to run around up and down the granite staircase, and explore the beautiful area before sitting down for dinner. Also ideal for pictures outside, with many tall trees, hills, floral, calm river water backdrop, etc etc….so many fall colors and large lavish grounds to see. STUNNING indoor décor, we appreciated every little detail! Its elegant Cinderella meeting rustic chic, the chandeliers against the exposed wood ceiling, the Victorian damask wallpaper against the refurbished wooden mirror, “glamour in the woods” feel, WE LOVED EVERY DETAIL, and so did our guests! From the bathrooms to the window drapery, it’s amazing how everything coordinated and astonished new guests. The food options from Mintahoe were delicious and very customizable - we served the Short Ribs, Wingtip Chicken and the Butternut Squash Ravioli. Each choice was honestly delicious, prepared so well. The presentation of each plate was so intricate & beautiful; the detail was if there was only one plate being made, instead of 240. Our guests commented on the portion sizes being just enough food to have room for our cupcakes & candy buffet. Cathy & Erin blessed us with so many extras and truly made us feel like we were part of their family. They each possess attitudes of service, partnership & accommodation to every little detail when planning a wedding. They each have tremendous experience in the industry, and prepared us in a way in which we knew exactly what to expect the day-of. They gave us abundant confidence in their teams’ execution that we literally had no worries or questions when walking into our social hour the day of our wedding. Cathy, Erin, Jamie & Jordan made us feel that their venue was not just a place that we were renting, but as if it was our home. The hard work and dedication that was put into making this place a stunning venue did not go unnoticed. Mississippi Garden’s magnificence speaks to so much of the individuals that designed it & brought it to life.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Sarah K

We truly had the most wonderful wedding at Leopold's Mississippi Gardens. Jordan, Jamie, Erin, Courtney and the rest of the team went above and beyond to make everything perfect and they succeeded flawlessly - we loved every minute of that day and we are so appreciative of the... Read More time they spent on all of the details and making sure it was everything we wanted - which it was - and more! Couldn't have been better and wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Abby T

Our experience at Leopold's Mississippi Gardens was absolutely amazing! The staff was helpful and organized, making the meetings and planning smooth. The grounds are breath-taking and our day went off without a hitch! Our wedding day was the best day of our lives in large part... Read More to this venue and this staff! Book now everyone, this venue is going to fill up fast.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Theresa M

Almost 2 months later and we are still in absolute awe of the day that the team at Mississippi Gardens helped us create! This was the first and only reception venue we toured because we knew it was the one the second we walked in. We had an offsite ceremony and by the time we... Read More arrived midway through the cocktail hour we were already hearing our guests gush about the venue. We had simple decor for our reception so the natural beauty of the ballroom and deck areas really shined. We had to plan the majority of our event via email with a couple in person meetings and everything was just as we had pictured it - which is really saying something! Courtney and Erin were always very quick to respond to emails I sent them emails throughout the process (I rarely had to wait more than a few minutes to hear back!) Whenever I needed help finalizing any of our plans, Erin did not hesitate to offer suggestions whether it was about layout, decor, food, timeline you name it she was able to help. We truly felt like family throughout the planning process and on our special day. Many many thanks to everyone at Mississippi Gardens!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Brooke S

We had an amazing day at Mississippi Gardens. The venue inside is absolutely GORGEOUS -everything is new and glamorous. The outside was perfect for our outdoor wedding by the river and cocktail hour on the deck. The staff were extremely helpful. Erin Hegedus was always super... Read More quick to respond to any questions I had via email/phone. Courtney was also very helpful on the day of! THANK YOU all! We really enjoyed the day. :)

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Ashley J

Mississippi Gardens is a dream venue. I am beyond happy and forever grateful to LMG that my husband and I chose this venue to have our wedding at. There are so many things that I love about this venue and staff that I don't even know where to start. The venue itself is... Read More beautiful being right around two years old. I fell in love with the elegant touches and attention to detail on the venue's decor. The bridal & groom's rooms are stunning! And the reception area and outdoor ceremony areas are breath taking. We were married down by the river on a beautifully crafted platform (or stage) with a choice of two arches. The path down to the river was paved which was great for people who were high heels. They escorted guests who were unable to make it down the steps via a golf cart which is perfect for them to be present without worrying about how to get down there. Courtney and Erin were my source of contact through planning the whole thing, and they were incredibly sweet and willing to help with any questions I had. We bounced ideas back and forth and came up with a plan that my husband and I could have never came up with by ourselves. They were so incredibly helpful throughout the whole process as I had never planned a wedding before and had no clue where to start! Thanks to Courtney, Erin, and the rest of LMG staff our wedding was exquisite and everything that we ever dreamed of.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Lauren M

My husband and I could not have asked for a better wedding venue to host our big day. The planning process was absolutely seamless thanks to the attentive and responsive staff. Our family and friends raved about the beautiful views of the river as well as the gorgeous interior... Read More building, the warm and welcoming staff, and delicious food. I would recommend Leopold's Mississippi Gardens to anyone! We love this place!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Savahanna W

I cannot say enough good about LMG and our experience. Erin, Courtney and the Leopold family were amazing from start to finish. The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious and the staff is top notch. Their attention to detail is phenomenal and you really feel like part of... Read More their family. I would get married at LMG 1000 more times! Thanks for everything, LMG! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! Love, Savahanna & Pat Wagner

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Molly K

Mississippi Gardens was by far the perfect venue for our wedding day! The planning process was stress free because I could email Courtney or Erin and get a response within a few hours but usually withing minutes. They helped with every step of the process and went above and... Read More beyond. The day of the wedding most brides are stressed, not me! I was stress free because Leopold's was organized, the staff had great communication, I was able to get ready on site in their amazing bridal suite and they had everything set up and ready to go! I love how the owners were there working, shows true pride and joy in their business. I feel as thought I will forever be a part of the Leopolds Mississippi Gardens Family, and its an honor. They seriously made our day nothing short of amazing! Thank you Leopold's Mississippi Gardens!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Mackenzie N

We had an absolutely beautiful wedding at Mississippi Gardens. Every single detail was perfect. The staff here (coordinators, bartenders, waitstaff, EVERYONE) was so kind and thoughtful. The venue and grounds looked so gorgeous, everyone was complimenting the space. We had a... Read More couple of nontraditional ideas that the venue adapted to so easily. We had a 'breakfast for dinner' buffet that was delicious. The cake was my favorite, so so good. They truly provide so much for their clients. They are the best venue in Minnesota no doubt in my mind. I could go on and on about how amazing our experience was. They constantly went above and beyond. Book your event here!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kelly N

Mississippi Gardens is a fantastic wedding venue! We had our wedding there on 5/13/17.First off the staff is nothing short of amazing. They have amazing communication throughout the entire planning process. The venue is stunning with beautiful views of the river and wonderful... Read More inside decor. We had our wddding down by the river and had many guest with mobility issues (including the father of the bride) and they were so accommodating with a cart going up and down whenever we needed them. We loved having the use of the whole venue and the use of the lawn, deck and inside the venue. The venue only uses Mintahoe catering but I have nothing but awesome things to say about them as well. Their representative is amazing to work with! Both Erin and Courtney are so organized and helpful! They helped our wedding day be nothing short of amazing. Finally it was so awesome to see Jamie and Jordan Leopold (the owners) both at our wedding and working to help with carting people up and down the hill and helping with the bridal party entrances! They are truly involved and committed to their business! We love Mississippi Gardens and are so thankful for all their work to help our wedding day be picture perfect!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Ashley M

Leopold's Mississippi Gardens is by far one of the best wedding / event centers in the Twin Cities! Jamie, Jordan and Courtney were all a huge part of our wedding day and made it go so smoothly. There is not one thing that I can think of that went wrong. Initially, we had... Read More planned for an indoor ceremony for our Nov. 5th, 2016 wedding, however three days before our wedding, the weather was supposed to be over 70 degrees and Mississippi Gardens was able to make our dream come true and give us an outdoor ceremony on the deck last minute! The venue itself is very elegant and beautifully decorated that we did not need any decorations, which saved a lot of money from other vendors. Every question we had was answered very quickly and in great detail. We felt confident knowing that we had the best staff helping with our best day ever! All of our guests raved about the venue -- I would most definitely recommend Leopold's Mississippi Gardens to anyone looking for a wedding ceremony / reception location or for any other event.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Megan B

Besides my groom, LMG was the best decision I made in regards to my wedding! The staff is phenomenal, from their easy and consistent communication, to their attention to detail. Our reception was above and beyond anything I could've (and did) imagine for our wedding day. We... Read More took our photos on the grounds and they were incredible! Our wedding was mid October with peak colors - a beautiful 70 degree day perfect for utilizing every aspect of the venue to its fullest! The venue itself is stunning inside and out. Our guests raved about the cocktail hour out on the deck enjoying the fall weather, the beautiful decor indoors and the incredible food! As a bride, I was surprisingly calm throughout the planning process as well as the day of our wedding, because from our first visit to LMG, Courtney, Jamie and Jordan put me at ease knowing that they would pay attention to how I wanted MY day and accommodate as needed. They were happy to incorporate details that were important to me and kept the whole process stress free. I would HIGHLY recommend LMG to any bride looking for a stress free planning process (only stress I found was deciding which INCREDIBLE dinner options to serve!) and a "dream come true" wedding day. I couldn't be happier with our experience at LMG and will cherish the memories made there for a lifetime! Thanks again to the entire Leopold's family!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Ashley B

Leopold's Mississippi Gardens was the wedding venue of my dreams. From the moment I walked in, I knew there was no place else I would rather hold my wedding reception. I was looking for a fresh, clean, and new building with some glitz and glam on the inside and breathtaking... Read More nature outside, all mixed into a friendly, accommodating environment. LMG was this, and so much more. From our very first meeting with the manager of operations, we felt like family. We were given all the details (and then some) and offered deals and gifts right away. Every idea we had they listened to and worked to accommodate. For example, when we asked if we could bring in a pool table they said yes and even came in to help set it up and build a structure that could hold up a pool light. It was incredible! Every person there was friendly and so helpful, and I was never afraid to ask for something, or worried about timeliness; communication was effortless and they tackled the actual wedding night effortlessly. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and they are adding new details and pieces all the time. I only wish we could do it again in ten years, because I know they will have evolved into an even more stunning and capable venue. I will truly miss being part of the LMG family and seeing all the sparkle and smiles every time I walked in the doors. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Sarah s

The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and the venue itself is breathtaking. If I ever needed a large space, I would look to this venue first!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Emily P

Where to even begin? My fiancé and I booked this venue back in Sept. of 2015 before they had had their first event for our Oct. 15 wedding. As soon as my mom and I walked into the venue for our initial tour we were floored with how beautiful this venue is. Pictures do not do... Read More this place justice. You have to see it in person! We booked our wedding the same day we toured because we knew dates were flying fast and nothing would compare to this venue. If you are from the north metro you know their aren't that many wedding venues up there besides a few golf courses and I was looking for something a little different but still in my neck of the woods. LMG fit this criteria perfectly. The whole team from Cathy, to Erin, to Courtney as well as the Leopold's were amazing to work with. Every time we stopped in to work on planning Jordan or Jamie was always there and to us that spoke volumes about how much they truly care about their business. You don't always see business owners putting in the hard labor. Jordan was there hanging chandeliers in the ballroom the day we did our initial tour. We knew we were in safe hands. The entire planning process was so smooth. The ballroom is so beautiful that you can pretty much dress it up or not do much at all depending on the look you are going for. Our guests were raving about how beautiful the place is the day of the wedding and now still almost 2 weeks later. The food was fabulous, bar service fabulous, flow of the overall event was fabulous and of course the river scenery was perfect. I highly suggest you check this venue out in person. Our dream wedding became a reality at Mississippi Gardens!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Jamie V

From the first time we toured Mississippi Gardens back in June 2015, before it was even complete, we knew this is where we wanted to have our wedding! The outdoor space overlooking the river is absolutely stunning and the interior couldn't have turned out any better. The large... Read More windows, chandlers, bridal & groom suite and open floor plan make this venue the best in the state! The staff at Mississippi Gardens are also amazing to work with. From day one, they make you feel like family and give you comfort in knowing that the day of you will be in good hands and stress free! I can't say enough good things about this place and am so incredibly happy we were able to have our wedding there!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Megan S

From the very beginning, I was sold on Mississippi Gardens. It's in a beautiful setting, right on the river, with a huge deck over looking it. It was perfect for our social hour and got many compliments on how nice of a place it is. The inside is also gorgeous, with all the... Read More amenities a bridal party needs such as a bride's and groom's room. The staff was wonderful from the very beginning. They payed close attention to details and made sure to accommodate and help make all our visions a reality. They went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect, and I highly recommend Mississippi Gardens to anyone looking for a beautiful place to get married!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Carmen C

The Mississippi Gardens team was the best to work with. They were extremely communicative, accommodating, and professional throughout the entire process. They are truly willing to go above and beyond for your special day. Not to mention they have an absolutely GORGEOUS venue... Read More that they keep improving week to week. During our ceremony, we forgot the candles for the candle ceremony. The owner, Jordan Leopold, ran and found the candles then crawled behind the stage to pass them to the groomsmen to set up. It was hilarious, awesome, and just goes to show that they are really there for you on your day.

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Cara S

We had our wedding and reception at Mississippi Gardens and everything was perfect!! I would highly recommend!! The indoor and outdoor space is absolutely gorgeous.... We were lucky enough to have a nice summer day and had an outdoor ceremony by the river. Planning with... Read More Mississppi Gardens was easy. They were very organized and quick to respond to all the questions I had throughout the process. Also very accommodating to make your day exactly as you dreamed! Can't say enough good things about this venue and the staff!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Katelyn J

The Mississippi Gardens is a gorgeous venue for any wedding or event. We choose Mississippi Gardens for our wedding and reception location and it was our best wedding decision. The Leopold’s and the staff at the Mississippi Gardens are so helpful in every step of the planning... Read More process. The staff is extremely flexible which helps a lot because we don’t live in the state and had to do a lot of the planning through emails. But any time we were in town they always made time for us to tour the venue, do food tastings and help us with any planning/questions that we had. We got so many compliments on how amazing the food was and how beautiful the venue was. I would recommend this venue to anyone. The Leopold’s and there staff treat everyone as if they were family and will do anything they can to make your event perfect in every way! Hands down best venue in Minnesota!!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

Mississippi Gardens and team exceeded our expectations! They were so pleasant to work with and extremely helpful in our planning process. They truly make you feel as if you are part of the Mississippi Gardens' family. On top of that, the venue is absolutely beautiful. We... Read More received several compliments from our guests on how beautiful the space, deck and yard was. The setting can't be beat! I highly recommend checking out Mississippi Gardens for your wedding or event. We were so pleased with our decision to have our wedding there! Huge thank you to the whole MG team!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Paige M

Mississippi Gardens is incredible! Thanks to Erin, Jordan, Jamie, and Courtney we got the wedding of our dreams! They were so helpful, accommodating, and dedicated to make our wedding perfect. Emails were responded to immediately (thank you Erin!) and the wedding went smoothly... Read More thanks to the owners/staff. The venue itself is stunning and the work everyone put in was much appreciated! We felt like family there, which was a great environment to be a part of. People are still raving about our venue weeks after! My husband and I would recommend this beautiful venue to anyone, it's totally worth it!

Meet The Coordinator

Courtney Niesen

Courtney Niesen is our day of event coordinator, marketing, and creative specialist. Along with our owners, Jamie & Jordan and Mintahoe sales rep Erin Wade we will help you plan out every step to make your special day a dream come true!