Professional But Fun DJ Services

We pride ourselves on having superior customer service. Our standing motto is Professional but Fun. We are an outgoing group and love to have fun in a professional manner. Our goal is to make sure everyone has a great experience at your event.

Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment

411 E Fifth St, Dayton, OH Tri State Area (937) 476-1299

Best. Wedding. Ever.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Shana D

Jay and LiftOff were great! We had concerns since there was a such a wide mix of ages attending our wedding but from 13 years old to 94 our guests were busting a move and snapping pics in the photobooth which was a huge hit! Jay added to the most beautiful ceremony with the best... Read More songs, at the right times. The day was perfect and we were so thankful for Jay's help throughout the planning process. The best in Dayton and surrounding areas, LiftOff came highly recommended and it was easy to see why!!!

Dj Jay ROCKS

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Melinda M

I heard about Jay and his DJ/Photobooth services because of a local event he did in my area. I read the reviews and the business sounded great! Being a fellow University of Dayton grad, I had total faith he would do a great job and boy did he. We used the photo booth and DJ... Read More services. The pricing was reasonable and the reception was a total hit for all ages! We received the photobooth scrapbook, which had copies of all of the photobooth pictures and messages included, that night! What a quick keepsake! The music was a great blend of hits for the parents and jams for college friends. The Liftoff Entertainment staff proved to be helpful (Jay met with us numerous times and always emailed promptly), charismatic, and fun! We are so happy we chose LiftOff and if you are looking to have a GOOD TIME at your reception, they are the group to go with! People still talk about Jay's Ice, Ice Baby rapping skills! Thank you Liftoff and Jay!

Professional yet fun!

Reviewed on 1/07/2014 Ashley G

DJ Jay and his team did a wonderful job with the music at our wedding reception. Professional, organized, knowledgeable, and fun. Meeting ahead of time was helpful in mapping out how the reception would flow, and we got to pick all the music using his website. Kept the evening... Read More moving along while playing music we hand selected. Also played songs our guests requested. Fun was had by all!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Annie W

Jay was a rockstar and had us dancing all night long. Our guests couldn't say enough about what a party the entire night was and that was in large thanks to Jay and his ability to read a crowd and keep the entire show on pace! We also highly recommend the selfie mirror, it is so... Read More unique and such a crowd pleaser-- people are still talking about it!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Yasa K

Liftoff Entertainment was probably the best decision we made for the wedding. Last minute our singer backed out of being our MC for the night, and Jay stepped up to the plate. My Husband and I went to him TWO DAYS before the wedding, and Jay helped lay everything out for us.... Read More From the schedule, to the songs for the bridal party to walk down to, to even coordinating with the performers during the wedding. While we were eating dinner, my husband and I saw Jay mouth 10 minutes (with hands up) to the performers to let them know when they were supposed to go on. Liftoff Entertainment also did our engagement party. I am Iranian/Iraqi, and my husband is Lebanese, so between the both of us wanting music from both backgrounds, on top of wanting some current American songs, Jay nailed it. For someone who is not used to this type of music, he just needed a few suggestions for songs, and then he was able to hit the ground running and feel the crowd. I cannot say enough good things about Liftoff Entertainment. These guys are professionals, and they know what they are doing. Thank you so much for making our wedding run so smoothly. I don't know what we would have done without you. Also, check out their photo booths, and giant letters! We had the selfie mirror and the letters Y&A at our wedding, and they were both a hit!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Brent J

Jay at Liftoff was superb. Would book again with them without hesitation I have been to previous events when he delivered 100% and that's why I went with him for our wedding. Couldn't be happier. From the music to the photo mirror to the professionalism and great sense of humor.... Read More Class act and well priced.

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Jude O

DJ Jay is very professional and great at what he does. He was very easy to communicate with and flexible in getting things done. Dj Jay used an online portal to help select songs and allowed me to send some specific mp3s of songs that weren't readily available in the portal.... Read More He did a great job of moving the reception along and keeping people on the dance floor. We presented him with a challenge because it was a multicultural wedding. DJ Jay did a great job mixing both traditional Nigerian and American music throughout the night and managed to keep everyone on the dance floor the whole night. It was a very successful night and he played a major role in making it happen. I would gladly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding DJ.

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Jenna T

Be really careful with this one. Jay seems nice, but he recently was at our event and something happened where a guest was near his equipment and he flipped out. Like screamed and stormed off. I ignored the other post below about this thinking it was a one-off issue, but it's... Read More clearly not. Be forewarned he might ruin your event by throwing a grown man size tantrum!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Kristin H

Sam was great! All of the music rocked and he kept the energy up the whole time. He was quick to ask if I needed anything and knew exactly what was coming next.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Lauren T

DJ Jay is a master MC and knows how to keep the reception on time and the dance floor packed!! We had an amazing time on our special day and our guests LOVED the photo booth. Jay was so easy to work with and was accessible via email or by phone , which was so important to... Read More us , since my husband and I live in Atlanta and Jay is located in Dayton, Ohio. I've been to many weddings and Jay was professional and fun at the same time. He can read the crowd and knows exactly what song to play when. He hit all of our must play songs and helped coordinate the sparkler send off at the end of the night. Can't say enough about the wonderful service we received. We had the best day ever!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Lauren S

WOW!!! Thank you so much Liftoff Entertainment for adding an extra bit of flare to our wedding with your Selfie Mirror Photo booth!! It certainly had all of our wedding guests talking! No one had ever experienced anything like that and had so much fun taking selfies :) If you... Read More are looking for a one of a kind photo booth experience for your wedding, this is definitely it!! <3 Lauren & Dustin Theis

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Amanda S

We highly recommend Jay and team at liftoff. Working with them was super easy and stress-free. I wanted a special mix for my father daughter dance and he was more than willing to help me fulfill that. He was super personable and friendly and really did a good job at feeling out... Read More the crowd with his music selections. Everyone LOVED the photo booth - I highly recommend everyone do a photo booth - it was totally worth the money! Than you Jay and team!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016

Jay was awesome. We had been to 2 other weddings the same month as ours. My wife and I paid attention to every detail at the other weddings we at. We noticed how important a good DJ was. We saw it with Jay. He did an excellent job of fading music in and out based on the response... Read More of our guests. He played all the music we wanted and was still about to accommodate requests from our guests. Our dance floor was full from the time we opened until the time we ended the reception. We extended our reception an hour because everyone was having so much fun. Jay was very easy to work with in preparation and fully delivered the day of our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Ellie M

DJ Jay went above and beyond what anyone would expect from a DJ. I played the guitar with a friend for a few songs before the dancing started and Jay was nice enough to bring all the equipment (mics, stands, DI2 boxes, cords...) that we would need. That way, all we had to... Read More bring was our guitars. My wife and I are very passionate about music and Jay let us pick all our preferred songs and made sure to play our personalized playlist for the cocktail hour and the dinner hour. He did a great job getting the matron of honor and best man ready for their toasts and it all went so smoothly. We let him pick all the music for the dancing portion of the reception and there was not a single song where the floor was empty. He did an amazing job and was extremely professional not only the night of the wedding, but also the weeks and months leading up. Overall, he was extremely easy to work with and all our guests were more than pleased with the music :)

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Lauren B

Liftoff Entertainment was awesome! He listened to all of our requests and was really good at transitioning the different events-from speeches to the bouquet toss. He was really helpful and organized at all meetings and was laid back throughout the planning process. I would... Read More recommend him again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Amanda B

Jay from Liftoff Entertainment was great! He is very down to earth and helped make the daunting task of having to pick wedding songs so much easier. He kept our party going, hit all of our must play songs, kept things running smoothly and on time, and kept the crowd engaged... Read More despite many age groups.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Patrick M

Liftoff Entertainment has 2-4 different DJ's and the one we had, Sam, was amazing. We met early in the process, discussed what we wanted, then closer to the event, touched base, reviewed notes and checked out the venue with us. Day of the event, he was early to set up, made... Read More changes to the timeline because of nclement weather and overall was just wonderful. I highly recommend DJ Jay and his crew! Thank you Sam!! patrick and julia

Reviewed on 11/15/2015

I would warn anyone about using DJ Jay. He ruined what would have been a perfect evening due to his unprofessional behavior. He drank all night and by the end was obviously drunk and verbally shouted obscenities from across the dance floor from the bar where he was drinking. My... Read More guests were stunned and horrified.

Reviewed on 11/15/2015

DO NOT BOOK! While DJ "Jay" was at the open bar DRINKING for an extended period of time, the Mother of the Bride was harmlessly behind the DJ table dancing and getting photos. He noticed this, finished his liquor, ran over to her and began verbally ASSAULTING her. Not just... Read More raising his voice...literally charging at her, getting in her face and screaming at the top of his lungs. It was a really scary moment and ruined the entire night. The music stopped, the reception was cut short and everyone left because we were all afraid of the drunk DJ.

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Julie P

DO NOT USE!!! DJ Jay RUINED my sister's wedding reception last night. During the reception DJ Jay left his booth and was enjoying drinks by the bar. When he noticed my mother (the mother of the bride) standing behind his booth he stormed over and began aggressively... Read More screaming at her. It was really scary because we weren't sure what he was going to do next. It horrified all of the guests and no one felt like dancing for the last part of the reception, which is usually the most fun. Not only was he unprofessional, I feel it would be a big liability to have someone so unstable at your event.

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Megan r

After drinking at the open bar provided at the wedding, he screamed at the mother of the bride who happened to be dancing behind the dj booth.

THE BEST!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Mariah S

Jay was absolutely amazing! Liftoff Entertainment is top notch and really awesome to work with. We used his DJ services for our ceremony and reception, with an additional photobooth option that our guests loved just as much as us. It was well worth it and pretty affordable if... Read More you ask me. Thank you for a great wedding day, Jay!!

great

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Brooke L

I was so impressed with Jay and how interactive he was with our guests. He made sure the entire wedding party was taken care of and that is totally outside of his job description: very impressed. The music was great!! All the guests had a blast. I would def recommend him in the... Read More future to any friends and family.. Thank you so much Jay!!!

Bride

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

DJ Jay and his crew from Liftoff Entertainment did an amazing job at our wedding reception. He was super organized, tons of fun, and he kept the dance floor hopping all night long. We knew he was going to be great, but he exceeded our expectations. -Lindsay & Patrick... Read More Eagan

Awesome time!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Elizabeth H

I recently got married and had our reception at the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery. This venue had a few logistical challenges but Liftoff Entertainment was up for it! The provided music downstairs for the cocktail hour with a speaker and then upstairs in the main room with... Read More their full set-up. The provided both the dj services and photo booth services and both were fabulous!!! I had so many great comments from my relatives saying how much they enjoyed the dj and the music he was playing. The photo booth was a huge hit as well and they actually ran out of paper because so many people were using it - but they quickly went out and got some more. I would highly recommend using them if you are looking for an affordable dj and/or photo booth services.

Jay

Remember this is YOUR event. I'm just here to make sure everyone has a great time!