Light Sketch Studio

based in Salt Lake City, Utah but serving clients everywhere

Stunning photographs of your love story.

My photo-journalistic style means you will spend less time posing and more time loving your event. My images are mostly of people doing stuff... not standing in a row. Professional, experienced and affordable.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

$0-$999

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Sandy, UT based in Salt Lake City, Utah but serving clients everywhere (801) 810-9742

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Rachel G

After looking through multiple reviews and contacting multiple photographers, my fiancé and I decided on Jeff because he very responsive and helpful. Jeff and I talked on the phone prior to the wedding to make sure we were on the same page for the event. He offered to take... Read More pictures of the wedding party getting ready, outside of the hired hours, and came to our rehearsal dinner for at least two hours and took photos. This was something he offered to do for us and was such a generous gift! He did a great job during the wedding, he was not distracting, but captured every moment in such a beautiful way. I just received our digital portfolio today and have already looked through the photos at least four times. I am in love with them! Thank you Jeff!

2017-07-07T13:38:05 Response from the vendor

Rachel and Shane, thank you for making my job so easy! You were both so warm and fun to work with!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Andrea V

Jeff was wonderful to work with. He truly captured the the special moments of our engagement and wedding with his photos. They will be lovely reminders of our celebration.

2017-05-17T20:27:28 Response from the vendor

Andrea and Huy, you are clearly perfect for each other! Thank you for including me in your day!

June Wedding 2014

Reviewed on 3/30/2015

My husband and I used Light Sketch Studio for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding. Perhaps similarly to other couples we had a very informal back-yard style rehearsal dinner followed by a formal black tie wedding. What we were particularly impressed by with Light Sketch... Read More Studio was how creative and true to the moment each event was captured. We never felt pressure or that any of our personal or family interactions were interrupted for the sake of a photo. I can't recall seeing the photographer during either event; but when viewing his images it was obvious that he didn't miss a single beat. From intimate conversations with parents to laughter with friends - everything was natural and as it really occurred. One of many things that makes me want to recommend Light Sketch Studio versus others is how quickly we got the pictures after the wedding. It wasn't weeks or months, but days! It was incredibly rewarding to appreciate all the effort and planning that went into our events and to enjoy the many perspectives presented. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think almost every bride is anxious and excited to see how the guests experienced the wedding and to relive the fun of this once-in-a-life-time event.

2015-03-31T09:52:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. Your wedding was the perfect balance of precise planning and a casual attitude that I know your guests loved and it shows in the images!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Grace A

I loved working with Jeff. He made everything so simple for us. We even had to make a change to our venue and he was so understanding. I love all of the photos Jeff created for us!

2017-01-18T22:13:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you Grace! Your Harry Potter theme wedding was such a blast! I'm so happy to have been a part of your day!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Annelyse S

We chose Jeff @ Light Sketch Studio to photograph our wedding and couldn't be happier with our choice. He made everything super easy and comfortable and was very prompt replying to any questions we had. The photos we received were great. He captured all the important moments... Read More and really captured the emotion and whole vibe of the night. I would recommend Jeff to anyone without hesitation. I am so glad we have these pictures to look back on and re-live this special day for years and years to come. Thanks so much Jeff! :)

2016-11-03T15:02:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Many of your guests had traveled a long way to be at your wedding... it was obvious you are very special to them. My images are all about capturing the emotion of the day, so they made my work easy! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Heather H

My husband and I picked Jeff (Light Sketch Studio) to be our wedding photographer because he was the best reviewed photographer on The Knot, and he absolutely lived up to his reputation. He was sweet, fun, super understanding, and most importantly, he was incredibly talented.... Read More My husband and I were consistently impressed with Jeff's work and drive to find the perfect picture to "tell our love story", and we ended up loving every picture Jeff took for our spontaneous engagement session and of our wedding. I'd recommend Jeff (Light Sketch Studio) to everyone I know, he was so helpful and truly dedicated to making our wedding day feel special.

2016-07-23T18:17:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks Heather! Red Butte Gardens was beautiful and you two were so much fun to work with. I'm happy you chose me!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016

Working with Jeff from Light Sketch Studio was wonderful! He was punctual, organized and was very easy to work with. Jeff has a creative eye for shots that work both in color and in black and white, it's as if we had double the photo shoot! It's remarkable how he everyone... Read More smiling and took just the right shot for our huge family portraits. He captured beautiful moments before and during the wedding that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. I highly recommend you partner with a professional like Jeff from Light Sketch Studio for such an important date. You will not be disappointed!

2016-06-06T13:41:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks Brenda and Robert! Congratulations to you both (and Chewbacca)!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016

Jeff did an amazing job photographing our wedding. He was enjoyable to work with and we are very happy with the photos that we got back. Everyone has commented about how nice the photos look and that he caught such great candids of all the people there. Thanks again Jeff!

2016-04-18T13:09:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ellen and Cris. We were a great fit and I'm only sorry it's all over! Thanks for choosing me.

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Marie F

I love my photos. In fact everyone who has seen them has given me complements. Such a great value and Jeff takes extra good care to make sure you look your best. He even captures some monments we didn't get to see.

2016-02-05T10:16:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you Marie! You and Louis are such an attractive couple, you made it easy to capture beautiful images. Thanks for including me in your day!

We couldn't be Happier!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016

I am an amateur photographer and could be called obsessive about my photos (I call myself a "Photie"). Jeff was a lot of fun to work with for our engagement photos, as well as very skilled. We chose a couple of sites for our shoot, and he had some nice ideas for our poses.... Read More It even started to snow toward the end, which added to the magic of our shots. Jeff got the photos back to us even more quickly than he told us to expect them, and we LOVE THEM! We have gotten so many compliments on them, and could not be happier! We even used them to make personalized postage stamps for our Thank you notes. :-) We confidently recommend Jeff for your special event!

2016-01-01T15:19:07 Response from the vendor

I am so sad that I wasn't available for your actual wedding day and had to settle for just an engagement session. I had such a great time and you and Julie were perfect! The snowy weather really added to the ambiance. Thank you!

Amazing work!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015

My husband and I decided to use Jeff as our photographer for our wedding because he had been the photographer for a friends wedding. He does absolutely beautiful work. The experience started by meeting for dinner and discussing what exactly our vision was compared to Jeff's... Read More body of work. We got along really well from the start and his style of photography was perfect for us! The package we got included quite a lot!! Engagements, bridals, etc. We ended up getting engagement photos and I did my bridals with him. On the day of our wedding, he was there bright and early scouting out the area and making sure that there were plenty of shots of the wedding party getting ready. The ceremony was captured perfectly, as was the reception. He got every shot that I wanted. I couldn't have been happier! Jeff is very proffessional and fun to work with!

2015-07-14T20:14:34 Response from the vendor

Brenna you two were so much fun to work with, and you were perfect clients... you made it so much easier to make great images of your memories. I can't wait to deliver the album to you!

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Summer M

We were so glad that Jeff did the photography for our wedding, bridals, and engagement. He was very accommodating for our schedule (and we had issues with locations getting shut down for the engagement photos and then an epic rain storm the day of the wedding). We had to make... Read More last minute changes and Jeff just rolled with it. Our venue was a bit tricky with lighting and Jeff did a great job at capturing photos and really getting some beautiful candid shots that I truly cherish. Definitely would recommend him.

2015-05-14T10:26:44 Response from the vendor

Thanks Summer! It was a beautiful wedding and your family is so much fun. Shooting in Cactus And Tropicals was interesting but the images made me happy.

Very Happy

Reviewed on 4/08/2015 Stephanie R

Light Sketch Photography was definitely the best decision of our whole Engagement/Wedding event. Unless you count selecting the Groom!

2015-04-22T17:22:50 Response from the vendor

We really got to know each other, since you commissioned me to shoot all of your images for engagement, bridal and wedding. That made it so easy to shoot the images that really showed who you are!

Thrilled!

Reviewed on 4/08/2015 Jane S

We've all been to those weddings where the photographer is annoying, obtrusive and more "in the way" than anything else. This was absolutely not the case with our photographer, Jeff with Light Sketch Photography. We hardly noticed that he was there, he just seemed to be... Read More quietly in the background, snapping shots of quick moments and people we loved. The result is breath-taking. We did the family photos like everyone does, and they're beautiful, but the photos I love the most are the candids because they are so natural and true to who we are. It's like re-living every special moment from our wedding every time I open my album. Highly Highly HIGHLY recommend!

2015-04-22T17:18:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks for trusting me with your memories!

Could Not Be Happier!

Reviewed on 4/08/2015 Bethany O

This was by far the absolute best money we spent on our entire wedding. We spent so much time, effort and money on every detail, and the day flew by before we even got a chance to really appreciate it all. Our photographs are gorgeous, recording all of the forgotten moments.... Read More We did all of the requisite Group Shots, and they are lovely, but the photographs that I love the most are the candids, the moments when no one realized the photographer was there. My advice is to spend your money on the photographer. Great photographs mean that you get to enjoy your special day over and over again.

2015-04-09T16:09:12 Response from the vendor

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you cherish the images! That makes my day!

Perfect day with beautiful pictures!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015

I was very happy with Light Sketch Studio! I used them for my bridals, rehearsal dinner, photo slide show and wedding and the pictures turned out beautifully! Not only were they incredibly accommodating with my limited availability but I was able to see my pictures within a week... Read More or 2 after the events! I was very happy with the variety of pictures, as they got not only the specific shots I wanted but also so many of my friends and family in the moment. I will forever treasure the memories captured on that special day and am so thankful for the great results and wonderful experience I had with Light Sketch Studio!

2015-04-09T17:07:38 Response from the vendor

Thanks Melissa, your images are some of the ones that I love to show off!