Live Events Missouri LLC

200 mile radius from Springfield, Missouri

DJ, MC, Uplighting, Minister, Clean, Classy & Fun!

We have mastered the art of packing most any dance floor! We cater to everyone! It doesn't matter if Grandma and Grandpa want to dance to The Twist, or the younger crowd wants to dance to The Wobble! All of our music is edited (clean) so that no one gets offended! Since all events are unique, we will tailor the music to fit your specific event! Be careful when choosing a DJ! Your event is VERY important! Be sure to hire a professional DJ that will strive to make your event fun and memorable for your guests! All too often we hear: "my cousin is going to DJ our wedding from his iPhone". Please make sure you hire a DJ who can professionally execute every detail of your event! Hire a DJ who will "make the music flow" appropriately! Hire a DJ who knows how to pack a dance floor!!!

Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Latin, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

200 mile radius from Springfield, Missouri (417) 569-0527

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Lindsay C

Dennis Cox with Live Events Missouri was the biggest Godsend any bride could ask for. From the beginning to the end, he was professional, prompt, incredibly easy to access (emails, texts, calls), oh and FUN!! I planned my own wedding, so he helped ask the right trigger... Read More questions, made sure he had all the family names right, and paid great attention to detail. We ended up using him for our ceremony and reception, and the ceremony music was fabulous (and we didn't have to worry about an iPod not playing or not working), and he beat our guests back to the reception and had the whole light show and music playing.. we ordered a gobo light through him as well in a script monogram 'M' and it all looked AMAZING together. Dennis stayed so calm, he kept the party alive and fed the party all the appropriate music. It was just wonderful. Also? He doesn't drink during the party. What a true, fun, easy to work with professional person. If you DON'T hire him, you're crazy!! Clay and I absolutely loved him and what he did for us.. and so did the rest of our guests. Our reception was the best party we've ever been to! THANK YOU DENNIS!

2016-01-17T18:03:50 Response from the vendor

Lindsay & Clay, Your Wedding was truly perfect! Every aspect of your Ceremony & Reception was superb. For a Bride who did not use a "planner", you and Clay were spot on! You planned everything perfectly! I am so proud of and happy for you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 sue s

Dennis did an amazing job at our daughter and son-in-law's wedding. We had him do the ceremony and and then DJ the reception. He arrived early and was all set up and ready to go. He immediately asked for a timeline so he would know exactly what was happening next. He had... Read More even asked ahead of time what the appropriate attire would be for our venue/weather. The music for the ceremony was timed perfectly! Following the ceremony, Dennis went over to the reception venue and had music ready to go as our guests arrived. We didn't give him exact songs to play for the reception . . . we just gave him an idea of what we were looking for and the songs that he chose were exactly what we wanted! The volume of the music was great. We never felt the need to yell over the music to be heard. He created a nice relaxing atmosphere. We had forgotten to ask him ahead of time to announce a "dinner trivia" game and the "shoe game". He was more than willing to help us with that and did a great job with it. Once the dancing part of the reception started, he played very appropriate songs for our families. We had originally planned on doing all the music ourselves but decided to go with a DJ. Dennis was recommended by a friend and we are more than happy that we did. He was amazing!

2017-07-28T21:53:43 Response from the vendor

Sue, I can't begin to thank you enough for this great review!!! Everything about Tiffany's wedding was absolutely lovely! Both venues were perfect! THank you for letting us celebrate with you and your loved ones during Tiffany's Wedding and Reception! Respectfully, Dennis @ Live Events... Read Less Read More

The Master DJ!!!

Reviewed on 1/28/2016

We first met Dennis Cox when he was the DJ at one of our relatives weddings and we soon made our first crucial decision in the wedding planning process. It was the easiest, most reasonable, best decision we made. He is a true pro and a great guy, too! Dennis actually suggested... Read More our venue and several other vendors for us...which we also fell in love with! He made the planning process so easy! We simply made suggestions and allowed him the freedom to do what he does best. We were thrilled with the results. On our big day, Dennis' professionalism amazed us. I, the bride, was surprised to see his equipment there before my husband and I arrived for our "first look photos" prior to the ceremony. Speaking of equipment, we were happy to see that it wasn't easily visible. It was unobtrusive. The sound quality was excellent and the microphones weren't visible. Dennis was the utmost professional throughout the evening. He dressed appropriate for the occasion, didn't drink (I've heard horror stories about other DJ's), and was focused on doing the best job possible. During the reception, he was in tune with the crowd and kept them moving. He has a keen sense of what works, and we are extremely grateful. In addition to his skills as a DJ, he cared about making the event shine. He added the perfect uplighing, which set the right mood and looked great in our pictures, as well! We can't say enough great things about Dennis. He is a seasoned professional, so trust him to take care of you and your guests. It'll be the best decision you make for your wedding!

2016-01-31T14:35:33 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful review!! We certainly enjoyed being your DJ/MC!! You made our jobs SO easy! Thank you for a wonderful event!!

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Abby A

The best decision my husband and I made for our Reception was booking Dennis w/ Live Events Missouri LLC. He MADE our Reception. People are still talking about how amazing our Reception was and it would of not been possible without Dennis. He played a variety of music of all... Read More genres through out the evening that had everyone dancing all night. We were even shocked to see our grandmothers out on the dance floor! Dennis was a dream to work with and every request we had he made come true. We will be not only referring his services in the future, but screaming them from the roof tops. Every Bride and Groom deserves Dennis as their DJ. He is the best!

2018-01-16T10:20:14 Response from the vendor

Hi Abby, Thank you SOOOO much for you glowing review! Your kind words are VERY much appreciated! I had an absolute BLAST at you reception. You, too, were a dream to wok with. Thank you for choosing Live Events as your DJ & MC! -Dennis... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Mariah M

Dennis was one of the easiest people I communicated with! He was so fast, friendly, and helpful! He set up everything that I wanted on my wedding day! The DJ that was sent to my wedding did an awesome job of keeping the party going and the crowd dancing!

2018-01-08T22:09:06 Response from the vendor

I am so glad you had a great time! Your wedding was so much fun! Thank you for being a Live Events Missouri Bride!! -Dennis

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Margie B

Dennis did a great job. He followed my play list and kept the evening rolling. I was so impressed with the children's participation from the 3 year old to the 17 year old to the "old" folks. I've heard nothing but great things about how much fun all had! Thank you, Dennis, with... Read More Live Events, for a priceless memory of a once in a lifetime celebration!

2017-12-17T12:19:34 Response from the vendor

Margie!!! Congratulations on 50 years of Marriage! Thank you for letting us be a part of your Anniversary Celebration!! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs & Photo Booth

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Tanya C

Couldn't have been happier! SUPER accomodating even after a zillion emails from my part! I was worried that the music would be "too American" for my friends and family flying in from Mexico City, but Dennis kept the party going until early morning! SERIOUSLY book them for your... Read More wedding, you won't regret it!!!

2017-12-08T08:54:46 Response from the vendor

Tanya! YOU'RE MARRIED!!!! :) I am so happy for you!! Thank you for your kind words! Your guests were some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! Such a fun group! Thank you for letting us provide the soundtrack to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Maile G

Very unimpressed with the DJ. He did not follow our planned requests (shortened songs etc..) and did not read the crowd well at all. Our receptions was more like a middle school dance with people terrified of the dance floor. I also did not like the bright blue lights, this was... Read More not an option, it kind of ruined the warm lights of the venue.

2017-12-09T12:39:08 Response from the vendor

We are so very sorry you had anything less than an amazing experience with us! It is very important to us to ensure that all of our couples have a wonderful experience and we provide the highest level of customer service. I would love to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Amanda H

Our reception was 11/18/17 and Dennis with Live Events did the DJ services. We rocked the house all night. From start of the process to the end of the night Dennis was spot on with communication and FUN!! When we got to reception he touched base on upcoming evening on what was... Read More to occur. Our family had a BLAST and made memories for a lifetime !! Thanks to Live Events!!

2017-12-03T15:01:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! I, too had a blast at your wedding at The Crescent! Thank you for letting Live Events be a part of your Special Day! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs and Photo Booths

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Payton S

Dennis was amazing! He arrived on time and got everything set up with plenty of time to spare. He kept the reception going and was very conscious of the audience he was DJing for. Our dance floor was packed the entire time with all ages of guests. The reception ended a little... Read More earlier than we had anticipated and I didn't even think to tell Dennis he could pack up and leave! He played awesome music while we cleaned up which was a nice bonus! When I told him we surely did not expect him to stay - he said he wouldn't leave until his contracted time was up! Obviously - we told him he was free to leave - but we were impressed with his integrity! If you want a great party at your reception, Live Events is for you!

2017-11-15T11:31:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your great review! I had so much fun playing silly songs about "working" and "cleaning" while you were picking up after your Reception. Thank you for letting me be a part of your Special Day! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Stephanie W

Live events was professional, on time, a great price, and they played all the songs we requested. Not only did he help us when our schedule was derailed he was calm, kind, and understanding about it. He also did something for me personally that he didn’t have to do. When my... Read More dress’s wrist band snapped he not only retied it, but he gave me a set of beads to help keep my dress up because the band became too small. I would highly recommend them to anyone searching for a DJ.

2017-11-15T11:27:59 Response from the vendor

Stephany, you are amazing! Thank you for letting us be a part of your Special Day and thank you so much for your excellent review! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs & Photo Booths

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Amy B

Dennis from live Event was the DJ at our wedding. He was not only very professional but he was a blast to work with. I will definitely be recommending him to many more.

2017-11-13T13:51:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your excellent review! We had a blast at your Wedding! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs & Photo Booths

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Kristen S

Our dj was so fun yet so laid back. He was open to changes and suggestions during the event and made sure everything turned out perfectly. Its only been a few days and i've already received so many compliments on our dj. One word to describe these guys would be: perfect.

2017-10-22T15:51:41 Response from the vendor

Your Wedding was perfect! Thank you for letting us be a part of your Special Day! -Dennis

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Ellie P

Live Events was great to work with and very responsive. They worked with us on some special music and everything went great at our event.

2017-10-17T10:30:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your great review! It was an honor to serve as DJ & MC at your Wedding! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Kelly P

He made my reception perfect!!!!! Every formal event we wanted got taken care of for us by the dj, we never had to think about anything. He played every request and made sure out dance floor was bouncing all night. Seriously cannot say enough things about this dj!

2017-10-17T08:19:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your excellent review! It was our pleasure, as we love what we do! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Emily H

Live Events did an exceptional job with our wedding reception! From start to finish the DJ made sure the day flowed perfectly and kept all of our guests out on the dance floor. I was so impressed with how helpful he was with keeping our day on track and ensuring everyone was... Read More having a great time. I highly recommend Live Events and will definitely use them again in the future. Thank you all so much for making our day so great!

2017-10-17T08:20:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you for letting us be a part of your Big Day! We had a BLAST at your wedding! Thank you for leaving us a great review! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Nicole M

Dennis did a great job communicating from booking to the day of the wedding. he was very organized and helped make the evening flow. he played music we loved and was easy to work with!

2017-10-10T14:38:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for you kind review! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 victoria H

Absolutely impressed with how professional and entertaining our dj was. #bestnightofmylife

2017-09-28T08:52:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your excellent review! :) -Dennis @ Live Events DJs

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Cassie S

Dennis was great! He worked with us to make sure our wedding was a success. Even when the rain postponed our ceremony, Dennis walked us along the way and made sure everything went perfectly.

2017-09-22T14:53:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for letting us be a part of your Special Day! We had a BLAST! Respectfully, Dennis @ Live Events DJs

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Asia B

From the very beginning when I first heard about Live Events Missouri. I contacted Dennis and immediately knew he was the perfect person for our reception. I got to meet him several months later at a bridal show, and it just solidified my excitement to have him be our DJ. Over... Read More the past year since I filled out my final paperwork, just waiting on our big day.. Dennis has answered every message, joked with me, and made me feel like the only bride he was dealing with. I know that's not the case... which made it that much more amazing to me. When it came down to the day.. him and Ashley showed up and dealt with the craziness of my wedding and reception. Going ABOVE AND BEYOND. To make my day the absolute best. I honestly cannot thank Dennis enough for everything he did for us. I have had nothing but compliments on how great our DJ was. I would recommend him a million times over.

2017-09-22T14:52:55 Response from the vendor

Hi Asia! It was an absolute honor and a pleasure to serve as DJ/MC for your Wedding this past weekend. I am thankful for not only the opportunity we had to perform during your Ceremony & Reception, but for the friendship we acquired along the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Megan W

2017-09-14T10:55:43 Response from the vendor

You are very welcome! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Stephanie M

Outstanding, to say the least. From the very beginning the customer service was impeccable. Thank you for being genuine and truly caring about the brides you serve./

2017-09-12T08:23:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you very kindly for your excellent review! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Cynthia M

Dennis was amazing! I highly recommend them for any one looking for a dj! They made everything run smoothly especially with changes happening! They were super awesome and kept everything way fun! They even helped with the parts that we didn't plan for! They even added a cute... Read More card � extra special!

2017-09-11T10:00:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Cynthia! Everything about your wedding was 100% perfect! You could not have picked a nicer day (even the weather was 100% perfect) to have your Wedding! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day! -Dennis @ Live... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Joann R

Dennis was amazing to work with. During the ceremony the music went off without a hitch and the dinner music was wonderful.During the reception he had us dancing all night with great music! We had about 250 guests and most were on the dance floor from start to finish. He also... Read More helped us plan the timeline for the reception and made sure everything ran as planned. He was available for questions any time we needed him and was quick in response. The planning guides made it easy to input our song selections and plan accordingly. I saw him working with our coordinator during the reception to make sure everything went smooth. He came to us highly recommend and in turn we highly recommend him now.! He made our wedding the party of the year! Absolutely worth hiring for a perfect wedding!

2017-09-06T13:08:11 Response from the vendor

You are amazing! Thank you SO much for your great review of our services! We appreciate you! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Christina A

Dennis was our officiator and dj. He literally made my wedding perfect. It is stressful putting together a wedding. Dennis made all of my plans so easy and on the day of I had no doubt in my mind that thing would run smoothly. Thank you Dennis!

2017-09-05T14:23:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for your kind review! -Dennis @ Live Events DJs

Dennis Cox

Hi! I'm Dennis! My Wife and I proudly own and operate Live Events Missouri LLC. I am a professional, award winning DJ & MC (Master of Ceremonies) as well as an Ordained Minister. Having grown up in "The Cashew Chicken Capital Of The World" I ADORE Chinese food! I have been a DJ since 1999 and have entertained at thousands of events of all styles! Live Events DJ's were recently awarded "Best Of Weddings '16 & '17" by TheKnot, Couples' Choice" by WeddingWire and "The Best Of Thumbtack.com '15 & '16"! We can't wait to be a part of your Special Day!