Centerpieces, Plants, Vases, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

3100 Brentwood Avenue, Baltimore, MD (410) 262-1494

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Jane L

I wish I had more stars to give for LoCoFlo. Everything they did was gorgeous, and after I accidentally destroyed my stunning bouquet (by storing in a overly cold hotel fridge that froze the water and blooms), Ellen made a fresh one for me the day of, out of what she had on... Read More hand, that was equally stunning! The table arrangements were bright and elegant, perfect for our fall wedding. The process of working with them is a joy in itself - they have a great instagram page where you can pick out things you like, and they will take your aesthetic preferences and convert it into a perfect seasonal arrangement from local vendors. The staff are so talented, knowledgeable, and friendly. If you are in Baltimore, check out their website and stop by for one of their classes or events to get to know them. They are truly special.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Nakia W

From the start, I knew Local Color Flowers would execute the floral vision I had in my head for our wedding. Much of the joy I had in working with them was the anticipation of how our flowers would turn out--allowing Mother Nature and the creative design of these florists to... Read More work their magic! The initial sit-down with Carling was incredibly stress-free and laid back in their adorable Brentwood Avenue studio. Even though the original proposal was outside of my budget (I wanted a lot of flowers!) they worked with me! It is clear that they care very much about not only their clients, but also the partnerships they have with local farmers. This is a really unique local business, and as a lover of flowers, I would highly recommend Local Color Flowers for any of your floral needs!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Ann D

This is an amazing company that provides both awesome service and beautiful floral arrangements! The shop has Instagram and Pinterest, so you can look at what they have to offer on a day-to-day and season-to-season basis, and they do not disappoint. Everyone on Ellen's team is... Read More happy to help guide you in the right direction, answer questions, and do whatever they can to make sure that your day is everything that you want. After using Local Color Flowers for my bridal shower, I know for a fact that my wedding will be overflowing with beautiful arrangements of springy peonies and succulents! I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Ginger G

We were thinking about not having traditional flowers as we were married at a beautiful rustic location we thought could stand on it's on. It definitely could have but we decided to go with the flowers and it was one of the best decisions we made. Carling and Ellen worked with... Read More our budget and came up with the most beautiful centerpieces and bouquets I've ever seen. Thank you Local Color Flowers. Our guests will be talking about the flowers for years to come.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Jordyn F

Excellent. I turned over our wedding colors, photos of dresses, tuxedos, and what we were thinking for centerpieces and they took the design from there. It was great not having to worry and getting a surprise on our wedding day. All the arrangements turned out beautiful and... Read More smelled amazing. So happy with the results.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Allison R

At first we weren't planning to do flowers for our wedding -- we weren't comfortable with the cost, financially and environmentally, involved in shipping fresh flowers all over the planet just to decorate our wedding day. But then we found LoCoFlo. Their floral designers were... Read More lovely and helped us design arrangements that fit our unique personality -- we got lots of compliments about how unique my bouquet was, and it fit our rustic, woodsy theme perfectly. We also liked that we could support local business instead of a chain, all the while doing what was best for our planet and our local farmers.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Alex C

Local Color Flowers (Locoflo) gave us absolutely beautiful flower arrangements and bouquets for our wedding. We got so many comments on how beautiful and happy they were--I even took a centerpiece with me on our mini-moon because I couldn't bear to leave them behind. We loved... Read More the mission of locoflo and after hearing their story and meeting with them for an initial visit, we knew they were the florist for us. A few things came up in the time that we initially met with them which gave me some concern that our initial ideas wouldn't be possible-- our budget for flowers became significantly tighter about two months before the wedding causing us to make significant changes to our original contract and then our initial (wonderful) flower designer left the company-- but they were extremely responsive and flexible and nothing was lost in translation. They still came out more beautiful than I could have imagined or attempted to do myself. I am so happy that we chose locoflo, both for their mission and for their beautiful flowers. A&M

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Megan C

At first we weren’t sure about hiring a florist, or having flowers at all for our wedding, but we quickly realized that DIY alternatives wouldn’t work for us. We ended up finding Local Color Flowers through our caterer’s vendor recommendation page, and we are so thankful that we... Read More did! Ellen and Local Color Flowers are awesome; they created the most beautiful centerpieces, garlands, boutonnieres, corsages, and bridal bouquet for our wedding. We had a great initial phone consultation with Ellen, and knew that Local Color Flowers dedication to supporting local flower farmers and using more sustainable practices was a perfect fit for us. Since Local Color Flowers only uses flowers that are seasonal and locally grown, we didn’t actually know what kind of flowers would be a part of our wedding day. We created a Pinterest board to share some ideas regarding style and color-scheme, but other than that, we left it to Ellen and her team to decide which flowers and how best to arrange them. Not knowing exactly what the flowers would look like made for a wonderful surprise on our wedding day. Ellen really captured our “last day of winter” celebration and put together an incredible array of red, maroon, and white flowers in gold vases for the centerpieces, as well as the most stunning bridal bouquet to match my black wedding dress. In addition to the gorgeous flowers, we really appreciated that Ellen helped keep within our budget by suggesting ways to limit delivery costs, and was really flexible about scheduling. We loved working with Local Color Flowers and highly recommend working with them if you’re in the Baltimore/DC area!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Kelsey K

As an environmentally-minded bride, I chose Local Color Flowers because of their commitment to sustainability-- all of their flowers are sourced locally and in season. Ellen and her team were very responsive throughout the process, finding ways to make my desires (a flower... Read More crown, centerpieces that were growing, particular color schemes) as beautiful as possible. They were also extremely flexible, adding tulle to my crown very last minute and taking calls from my Maid of Honor with questions up to the last second. I can't say enough nice things about how gorgeous the flowers were, day of. The bridal bouquet and party bouquets popped with color and texture. The crown was delicate and pretty, and the potted centerpieces were absolutely perfect. We brought ours home and are now using it on our dining table. Even my groom couldn't stop commenting on how pretty all the flowers were.

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Liz M

I could not have asked for a better florist. We consulted with many florists before deciding on Local Color Flowers. I loved the idea that all of their flowers were withing 100 miles. When we went in for our consultation, I was all over the place. I had looked on Pinterest and... Read More had a million ideas for what I wanted. I didn't know the color of my bridesmaid's dresses or what color the groomsmen would have as an accent. I went in with "unique wildflower." After fretting a little, miraculously, on the day of the wedding, the flowers arrived and they were PERFECT! Exactly what I had envisioned in my head but was not able to articulate. I couldn't have been more grateful. Budget was a concern with us as well and Local Color did everything in their power to meet our needs and make suggestions on how we could cut costs and get to where we needed to be for our bottom line. If you are considering a florist for whatever the event may be, look no further than Local Color Flower. Perfection all around.

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Alexandra M

LoCoFlo is the BEST!! I saw them in Baltimore Bride magazine and loved the concept of using locally grown flowers. We went in for a consultation and met with Irene and she helped us articulate our style and what we wanted, and then helped us with options to maximize our... Read More budget. What was the best about this florist for me might be a drawback for others--you don't get to pick out which flowers you want, you just tell them your colors, style, and the aesthetic you are going for. And they nailed it! Everything was beautiful. I was in love with my bouquet and the arrangements we got. Everything was beautiful and smelled wonderful. They are definitely a local business that I would recommend and plan to continue buying flowers from because I love what they do.

Lovely flowers

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Leah G

Local Color Flowers in Baltimore did the flowers for our March wedding, and they were great. Local Colors uses locally grown flowers and other environmentally friendly measures such as not using nonbiodegradable and toxic flower foam such as Oasis. They have a good supply of... Read More container choices, which allows you to choose the ‘look’ you want. They did two huge vases of white flowering quince and pear branches for the ceremony. They did 14 lovely table arrangements in silver bowls for the dining tables and the bouquets, with tulips, parrot tulips, double daffodils, poppies, freesia, andromeda, boxwood, carnations, stock, ranunculus, snaps, callas, sweet William, iris...all sourced from farms within 100 miles of Baltimore in March. My extended family is in the floral business and they were very impressed - which is a great endorsement! Local Color was responsive and helpful throughout the process, and also very flexible about allowing us to return the vases we had rented. They were also very reasonably priced. Would highly recommend them!

Beautiful Arrangements!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Stephanie S

The service and quality of their product was amazing. They were so easy to work with and I had complete confidence in them. They use all local flowers so they can't show you designs ahead of time but if you can let go and trust them you won't be disappointed. They captured... Read More exactly what we wanted thru our discussions and pinterest page.

Simply Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Katie R

We are from Baltimore and were married here. Using a company that has a business plan like Local Color Flowers does, made us so happy! They only use flowers from local growers, even some from inside the city. They initially met with us and walked us through the process, we... Read More were not thrilled about flowers. They always responded promptly and were very professional on the day of. Their office is a showcase of their hard work and we loved going there. On the day of the wedding, they showed up on time and did as much set up as they could before leaving. The flowers were fresh, vibrant and smelled amazing. We were so happy that we chose to use them for our wedding and will definitely use them in the future anytime that we need flowers.

Beautiful Flowers!

Reviewed on 4/07/2015 Kelli S

I love the model of this florist-they only use locally grown, in season flowers. I shared my vision for what I wanted but didn't know the specifics because of how they collect their flowers. They delivered! The flowers were even more beautiful than I had hoped. Ellen was very... Read More flexible and patient as I changed my mind over and over regarding what I wanted them to do. I will never use another florist!

Beautiful Local Flowers

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Megan C

I sat down with Carling and my now husband 8 months before our wedding and explained the vision in my head and showed a few pinterest pictures. In the description of the floral design, all it really said was "brightly colored flowers/mixed colors." To some, this might be a... Read More little scary...not knowing exactly what colors or flowers you're going to get on your big day. But for me, it was perfect. I just had to trust that the professionals would get it done right. I don't know anything about flowers, but Ellen sure does. Ellen, Carling, and the team at Local Color not only made my wedding day vision of flowers come true but they did it with locally sourced flowers. It's am amazing business with great people working there that are personable and professional and really know their stuff. If I was going to do it again, the only thing I would change is that I would buy more! The flowers were truly gorgeous. I received many compliments on my bouquet. Support this local business. Simply amazing :-)

Stunning Flowers

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 E H

Ellen, was so easy to work with, and this is coming from a bride who had no idea what she really wanted. I sat down with Ellen at her studio and answered majority of her questions with, “ I don’t know, whatever you think is best.” I am sure it was frustrating, but in the end I... Read More made the right choice. The flowers at my wedding were stunning fit my taste perfectly. I would recommend Ellen to any bride, and when in doubt, just tell her to do what she does best.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Jenn B

Local Color Flowers is everything I wanted in a florist. I had a pretty low-key idea of what I wanted for my wedding, and Ellen Frost took my general idea and ran with it. Even my last minute change 3 weeks before the wedding was no big deal, and no one had any issues working... Read More with the change. The staff put together a really gorgeous and sentimental bouquet for me with flowers as well as heirloom pieces of jewelry from my family. Everything was featured beautifully in the bouquet with no damage to any of the pieces. In addition, I had a special request for pussy willows in the bouquets, and this made for unique bouquets that everyone was raving about! I really loved working with Ellen and the rest of the staff. They are truly talented, have really great taste, and are all around good people. It was also wonderful to know that I was supporting local growers, and that all the flowers featured in our wedding were "born and raised" in MD. Local Color Flowers is truly a gem in Baltimore, and I hope I have many opportunities to work with them again. I found the prices to be extremely reasonable, especially after seeing the bouquets in my wedding and then asking friends what they had paid for theirs. A great value and great people! I'm happy to recommend them as excellent wedding vendors.

Lovely, local flowers

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Carly B

For our wedding, after meeting with a few vendors, we ultimately decided that we wanted to go with more local flower selections. Our coordinator suggested Local Color Flowers to us, so we got in touch with them and set-up a conference call with Ellen. Note that LoCoFlo is in... Read More Baltimore, we live in DC and our wedding was in Virginia. Talking with Ellen, we got the sense that she would be able to provide us with what we thought we wanted - local flowers and loosely arranged (more informal/natural) looking centerpieces and bouquets. Even though our wedding was in the fall, we didn't want typical fall colors. She was able to provide us just that! Since they're local flowers, you don't know exactly what you're going to get (all dependent on season and weather). But, Ellen could confirm that she would do her best to get the colors that we wanted. If you're a bride/groom who wants very specific flowers (or roses), then LoCoFlo might not be for you. I would also check out their web presence. They have many wonderful photos of their flowers - and what's typically available throughout the seasons, so you can get a very good idea of the amazing work that they do. We really think we had the best flowers! They were so lovely and fit in perfectly with the look we had in mind - flowers you don't typically see in any stores I've been to. I have to admit, there were a few times in which we had to email Ellen a second time to get a reply (hence 4.5 out of 5), but she was responsive to several changes we made in the contract throughout the months before the wedding. Also, flowers for weddings are expensive. You can't really get around this. In the end, we really loved our flowers and enjoyed working with Ellen.

Simply gorgeous

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Natalie C

Ellen and her crew created beautiful floral arrangements that matched my personality and the feel of our wedding. Bravi tutti!

Peonies!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Abby Q

Ellen was amazing when she did the flowers for my wedding, now two days ago! She was super pleasant to work with, listened to what I wanted, and created absolutely gorgeous garden bouquets, with peonies and bright pops of colors. They were one of my favorite parts of the... Read More wedding, because they were exactly how I wanted them. She provided a gorgeous array of loose blooms for the table decorations as well, and everything was gorgeous and fresh and tasteful. Thank you Ellen!

Local Color is everything you could want in a flor

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Nessa H

Local Color Flowers does amazing work with gorgeous flowers. I was initially a little nervous as I tried to describe the natural but elegant look and feel that I was going for, along with inspiration photos. It can be nerve-wracking to just describe what you want, but not see... Read More examples or know exactly which locally grown flowers will look best the week of your wedding. But after meeting with Ellen Frost, my mind was completely at ease. Ellen totally understood the look I wanted, and executed it to perfection. The flowers were truly spectacular - everyone at the wedding commented on them, and people made off with the centerpieces and bouquets they were so beautiful. Local Color Flowers created a gorgeous, natural chuppah for our waterfront wedding that was the talk of the day (and even better than the inspiration photo). Ellen has a special gift where she really listens to what you want and then executes it flawlessly. She is truly a pleasure to work with. All that, plus the flowers are locally grown. I would use Local Color Flowers again and again and recommend them without reservation.

Beautiful Flowers

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Amanda P

I loved working with Ellen from Local Color Flowers. She was very flexible and put together a beautiful bouquet for my bridesmaids and myself. I also love the concept of a green florist.

This brought tears to my eyes

Reviewed on 8/06/2012 Nancy P

Ellen Frost and her team at Local Color Flowers are simply amazing. Ellen understood the exact look and feel that we were looking for after one short meeting. She was flexible and accommodating and I knew from the beginning that I could trust her instinct and had a great vision... Read More for our venue. The highlight of our ceremony was a backdrop of a floral curtain made from strings of white hydrangeas hung against a brick wall. It was stunning, as were the table arrangements, garlands and pomander balls. Ellen transformed an Italian restaurant into a gorgeous wedding venue. I can't thank her enough for making my wedding day even more perfect :)

Beautiful Flowers!

Reviewed on 6/20/2012 Lydia S

Ellen created beautiful flower arrangements and centerpieces for our wedding!!! She talked with us and really got to understand the feel for our rustic farm wedding. Thank you so much to Ellen and her team!