Long Beach Museum Of Art

Long Beach, CA

Book Your Wedding with Long Beach Museum Of Art

A BEACH IN LONG BEACH, CA

The Long Beach Museum of Art is the perfect wedding venue for couples who adore fine art and culture. Located twenty minutes south of Los Angeles in Southern California, the museum's landscaped gardens, breathtaking ocean views and historic architecture will captivate your guests. Couples can use Long Beach Harbor, the Queen Mary and Catalina Island for an incredible backdrop for their wedding portraits.

Garden Area. Situated between the historic 1912 mansion and the modern museum, the Garden Area seats up to 300 guests. The ceremony includes the choice of a white or dark brown arbor.

Anderson House. Founded in 1950 as the city of Long Beach's municipal art center, Anderson House was designated the Long Beach Museum of Art in 1957. A two-story exhibition pavilion was added to the building in 2000 during a full renovation of the property. The Anderson House can accommodate up to 100 guests.

Fireside Room. Overlooking the ocean and Claire Falkenstein's sculpture fountain is the Fireside room. For an additional fee, couples can rent the room for their engagement party, bridal shower or rehearsal luncheon.

Nussbaum Parlor. An intimate room inside the Anderson House with a fabulous ocean view. The historic Nussbaum Parlor still features the original wood paneling from 1950.

The Long Beach Museum of Art's wedding service is all-inclusive; each package includes the planning, site, ceremony, reception and catering. The destination is exclusively yours. It's open to the public during the day, but it's closed to the public for private weddings Friday through Wednesday evenings.

Claire's Café, the museum's restaurant, takes care of all catering needs. Claire's can serve vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and allergen-free meals. You also have the choice of a non-alcoholic hosted bar, a standard bar or premium bar with a separate wine service during dinner. However, couples must still provide their own officiant, florist, photographer, cake and DJ or band. Final menu decisions must be finalized two weeks before the wedding date.

Valet service is available and optional for events with 75 or fewer guests. However, parties of 76 or more are required to use the museum's exclusive parking vendor, Best Valet. Reception site fees vary based on the season.

Other extra perks of booking a wedding at the Long Beach Museum of Art include:

• Private bridal and groom's suites with complimentary champagne service
  • Romantic sunset services
  • One-hour rehearsal
  • Preferred vendor list
  • Ceremony-only rentals
  • "Month-of-planning" meeting
  • Breakfast, lunch and dinner wedding packages
  • The Long Beach Museum's permanent collection contains more than 3,200 works of American and European art

Curating Your Love Story

Long Beach Museum of Art is located on the bluff with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, Long Beach Harbor, Catalina Island and Queen Mary. This hidden gem offers a space for all special events, hosting up to 300 guests outdoors. To ensure the utmost experience, only one wedding is held per night.

Waterfront, Museum, Historic Venue, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

2300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA (562) 439-2119

Dreamy Venue!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Teiona Y

My husband and I were married at the Long Beach Museum of Art two weeks and two days ago! I could not have asked for a more perfect setting for our wedding- the venue was absolutely beautiful and aside from us loving it- we got so many complements on it! Seriously, imagine... Read More walking down the aisle seeing your handsome groom surrounded by palm trees and the ocean in the background- it doesn't get much better than that. Aside from the aesthetics of the venue, our coordinator Andrea was beyond amazing. She actually played a big role in our decision to have our wedding at LBMA. Andrea is so sweet, easy to work with, and someone you can totally get excited about your wedding with! She is so incredibly organized and on top of things- I could not imagine having planned our wedding without her! She was always quick to respond to e-mails, flexible to schedule last minute appointments or change appointments, and helped our day run so smoothly. I knew I could trust her opinions and rely on her to be there for our big day and that's exactly what she did. :) The food was also nothing short of amazing. We got so many complements on it and people kept talking about it even after our wedding- and the portions were a good size too. I would choose this venue over and over again if I had to start from square one again. It was the perfect setting for our first moments together as husband and wife and I couldn't imagine having gotten married anywhere else. Everyone at LBMA was wonderful from start to finish. I couldn't have dreamed up a better team to help pull off such a sweet day. Thank you to all at LBMA, and especially Andrea!! xox

Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Ken R

Andrea and her entire team did an amazing job to make our wedding day event an incredible success. Both me and bride were extremely thrilled and happy with how everything went. It was the best possible wedding day at the best possible venue. The whole thing exceeded all our... Read More expectations so we couldn’t be happier. We also got so many great comments from all the guests (and vendors) about what a fantastic and gorgeous venue the Long beach Museum of Art is. The food was fantastic, cost was reasonable, service was outstanding, and the ocean views were breathtaking. We can't say enough great things about this venue.

Incredible venue for a >100-guest wedding

Reviewed on 5/24/2013 Margaret F

We had an incredible experience with this venue--both our ceremony and our reception were here. Our day-of coordinator, Sara, was great. On the day of the wedding, she did a superb job making sure everything was ready and ran smoothly. She has a great attitude and clearly enjoys... Read More her job. Having the wedding outdoors was a fantastic experience. You can have your reception indoors, but I recommend having it outdoors if possible--the surroundings are beautiful and make the party feel very special. The light is great as you may from day to evening to night. The food was good--I was especially happy with the appetizers. I also appreciated having the lovely bridal suite upstairs. I had my hair done up there and there was plenty of room. All in all, very happy with this venue. I can't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Hannah N

Words can't express how grateful my husband and I are to have had the wedding of our dreams at LBMA!!!! There is no other venue in the world that I would have rather had my wedding take place. Everything down to the finest details were taken care of so seamlessly by the... Read More attentive and caring staff. From food and alcohol tastings, to mapping out our tables and selecting our chairs and utensils, to the month of meeting, the LBMA staff was there listening and prepared to deliver on our big day. They provided input and guidance and were more than gracious in making sure every request of ours was met. A very special shout out to Adreanna and Dahnia for going ABOVE AND BEYOND to deliver and exceed our expectations. They took care of us from start to finish and treated my family as if we were their own. When Adreanna left on maternity leave, Dahnia stepped in full time and was so quick to respond to every email and phone call we had with questions regarding even the smallest details. Our experience would not have been the same had these two incredible ladies not been a huge part of making our wedding flawless. I cannot wait to return to the venue for brunch at the delicious Claire's restaurant and share our wedding book with Dahnia and Adreanna. 10/10 would recommend this venue to anyone that is looking for a beautiful and charming venue with incredibly delicious food and drinks, a stunning view of Long Beach and a staff and coordinators that will do everything possible to put you at ease not only on your wedding day, but in all of the months leading up to it as well. I am eternally grateful for all of the fond memories I will have and those that were made possible by everyone involved at LBMA.

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Taryn C

I cannot rave ENOUGH about Long Beach Museum of Art! I've been a wedding planner for the past 10 years and the team at LBMA is one of the absolute best that I've worked with. Every one of my couples who sees LBMA instantly falls in love (what's not to love about a waterfront... Read More view??). The food is also not only great for "wedding food", it's stellar food!! Their staff is so detailed, the customer service is unparalleled, and they're a fine tuned machine. Could not recommend them more highly!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Nicole S

LBMA made our wedding day truly memorable, special, and fabulous. I'm so happy we had our reception at this wonderful venue. It was just as we had hoped and discussed with the staff! Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Amanda D

LBMA was the best possible place to have our wedding! They are a well-oiled machine and delivered incredible service from start to finish! LBMA is one our favorite places - pure perfection!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Kristen E

This place and Sara are amazing!!! We had such an beautiful wedding and it was so easy!!! We couldn't have found a better venue, and trust me we looked at about 11 up and down the coast! Just simply the perfect place and they are the BEST!! Plus all our guests were blown away... Read More with everything including the food:) Don't look any where else you found it!!!

Reviewed on 2/03/2016 Holly L

I'm not sure I can put into words how well our wedding went at the Long Beach Museum of Art, but I'll try: Perfect. Sara was an AMAZING coordinator who take care of every single detail. She knew our questions before we asked them, she didn't flinch at our ideas, and on the... Read More day-of, she was everywhere and nowhere all at the same time. Martin did a fantastic job in the kitchen, our guests were raving about his food all night long. The pre-wedding meetings were perfect, the wedding itself was perfect, the view is always stunning... Ten stars if I could. Thank you thank you thank you LBMA! You're the BEST!!

The Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Anne

The wedding day exceeded out expectations! Our daughter and her future husband fell in love with the venue and we could see why they did. With the amazing assistance of Adreanna, we were able to plan a wedding from Chicago. She answered all questions clearly and promptly and... Read More made us feel so comfortable. Every step of the way was so well planned and organized. The venue is gorgeous, the staff so professional and helpful,and the food was the most delicious wedding food we have ever tasted. We were so anxious at the rehearsal and start of the wedding, but Adreanna had a sixth sense and seemed to know what we needed and took care of it all instantly. I would highly recommend LBMA as a wedding venue. I can't thank everyone at the venue enough for making this such a smooth process and a phenomenal night. Anne

I love LBMA almost as much as my husband!

Reviewed on 5/18/2015 Meredith M

From the moment my now-husband and I met the team at LBMA, we knew that it was the wedding venue for us! The location is gorgeous (a view of the ocean was a non-negotiable), and it is much more affordable than many venues on the coast in the LA area. The Special Events team are... Read More rockstars, especially Sara, and they made us feel as though we were a part of the LBMA family before we even signed our contract! Sara was there for us for nearly a year (and patiently answered all of my random and very detailed questions) - and on the day of, she and her team made everything run smoothly. They were so accommodating with all of our requests and ideas - and seemed to have fun helping us plan both our ceremony and reception. The venue offers lots of perks and was able to accommodate all the ideas we had (setting up our personal decorations throughout the venue, using sparklers, pet-friendly, taking photos at different points throughout the day - in the museum, at the ceremony site, on the beach) and - most importantly - the team made sure that we were well-fed in the midst of all the activity! Speaking of the food, by Claire's at the museum, many of our guests said it was the best wedding food they have ever had. We loved everything we tried at our tasting (narrowing it down to a menu was the hard part!) and the staff made sure we had a little bit of everything throughout the day. The signature cocktails were delicious, and the beer/wine selection appeals to all tastes. Lastly, they have a rental company they work with for all your table/chair/linen/place setting needs and it was great to not have to worry about coordinating that on our own. Our day was exactly what we had hoped for and more - largely in part to the LBMA. Our photos are gorgeous, our guests had a great time, and we were able to "customize" the wedding to fit our personalities (which is not always possible at a more "standard" venue). I want to do it all over again! Thank you LBMA! Love, Meredith & Doug Anderson

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Mui Sue K

My husband and I had our dream wedding at the Long Beach Museum of Art a few weeks ago and can’t recommend this place enough. Location/Venue +Located on Ocean street it’s gorgeous. You have the ocean backdrop, the beautiful brick buildings, and the lush grass. It’s like... Read More you’re getting all the aesthetically pleasing things you could possibly wish for. You could spin the wedding into a Nautical wedding, a garden wedding, a black tie affair. It’s just that versatile. We walked in the first time and instantly fell in love with the venue! +You can also have your guest browse the museum if it’s available. How awesome is that? +You can put parts of your wedding indoor and parts of it outdoors. +You have a cute bridal room upstairs to get ready in and the boys get a separate building (champagne for the girls and beers for the boys are included). +Everything is very well maintained +Some string lights are included with the wedding which add to that nice glowing night ambiance -Your event has to start by 5:30 and end by 10. Our wedding felt very short. There’s no possibility for extending the wedding because it functions as a museum in the day time and there’s a night ordinance for sound. -You have to use their catering services and rentals on site. -You must use their preferred vendor for valet parking. It was an additional expense we weren’t planning on (~$1000 for 150 guests) but in the end it was nice not having to try and find parking on that busy street. Cost +Very reasonably priced. Especially if you book off season and/or on a Sunday. You can save thousands so it’s something to consider. We did a lot of venue shopping and for what you’re getting, it’s a great deal. A lot of ocean front venues were double the price. ++There were NO hidden fees. A lot of other venues I saw reviews where there was a ton of miscellaneous fees like a cake cutting fee per person but there was none of that. You pay everything up front two weeks before and that’s it. +They returned our full security deposit 3 days after the wedding. Food & Drinks +The food is delicious. There’s no doubt about it. I was bummed that we had to use their services but was pleasantly surprised. Everyone was complimenting the fish and the steak meals. ANDD the coconut shrimp. Don’t forget to get that as an appetizer. +You get a full on tasting to set the menu. You’re able to bring 2 guests so the 4 of you can dine sumptuously with 6 bottles of wine. That was a definite plus. +Drinks were good and bartenders were very quick at serving. They do NOT serve hard alcohol so you can’t order shots but it’s a wedding, it’s okay to keep it classy and do champagne, cocktails, beer and wine! *Staff (Especially Sara!) +Staff was all pleasant and professional +Sara is the most amazing person to work with. She’s the event coordinator and your day of coordinator. We didn’t have a wedding planner but we didn’t need it. Sara was the one behind the scenes making sure everything was running smoothly, making sure we ate first, making sure we had everything we needed, basically our everything that day. Not only that but she has the sweetest disposition and positive energy so you will LOVE working with her.

Best day of my entire life

Reviewed on 4/09/2015 joi s

I was married at the LBMA on April 3, 2015. The entire day was amazing. Not only that but the process was effortless. Sara, Martin and their teams were beyond fantastic. They handled every point with precision, smiles, and the most amazing customer service I've ever had in my... Read More life. We had a small ceremony and luncheon of 30 people. Every detail I imagined for my day was executed flawlessly and I am so thankful to them for all they did. I couldn't have asked for a better occasion!

Our Wedding Was Perfect At The LBMA!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Betsy M

We had our wedding at the LBMA on October 4th, 2014. It's an absolutely beautiful venue and overall, we had a very good experience working with the staff to plan our wedding. Shortly after we booked the LBMA, our original coordinator (Andrea) left the LBMA. After that our... Read More coordinators were Sara and Nallely and then just Nallely, and she was awesome! Nallely made our meetings (food, wine, and beer tasting and month-out) so much fun and throughout the planning process, she was super helpful and flexible. She made suggestions when we couldn't make decisions and she was accomodating to special requests. At the rehearsal and the day of, Nallely was fabulous! She coordinated our rehearsal very professionally and was super sweet when people were late. Our wedding day was amazing! We were on, or ahead of, schedule the entire time, the food was absolutely delicious (we got many compliments), and the staff was friendly and professional. We were especially pleased with all the extras that were included in the cost of the venue and catering, including lighting and the gallery being open for cocktail hour. We did, however, have some communication issues during the planning process. We were particularly frustrated by the LBMA's email system. They have one email address that several people monitor, so when we sent an email to our coordinator, any one of 4 or 5 people would respond. This was a problem as we often had to repeat conversation history with whomever was responding. We sometimes received double responses from different people, and had to be vigilant about our paperwork to make sure it stayed accurate. Despite the communication kinks, we felt very well cared for by the LBMA and Nallely. The venue is gorgeous and the quality of the food and service really made our wedding day perfect!

Happi-Lee Ever After 07.05.14

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Trisha T

I had my wedding here on July 5, 2014. We did book the Long Beach Museum two years in advance when we initially got engaged, and our on-site coordinator, Sarah was AMAZING! Sarah and her staff helped guide my fiancé at the time and I along our two year engagement and planning... Read More process. We were the first to ever book the venue so far in advance, but the whole facility was willing to work with us and made our day special! We wanted an outdoor venue for both our ceremony and reception, and the Long Beach Museum of Art was the absolute perfect place to make this happen. The whole venue was a blank white canvass for me, a DIY Bride, to be able to add as much or as little details to create the ideal wedding day that I had imagined in my head during the planning process. There was great open communication between the venue and us. It is nice that the Long Beach Museum of Art has there own catering company on-site and a rental company that they use to get all the of the tables, linens, and chairs ordered through. In the end, this only meant that I had to look for a bakery, florist, DJ, photography/videographer. The food catered by Claire's was delicious and savory. There are many varieties of appetizers, main course selections, and sides to choose from and everything that were tasted during our food tasting meeting was delightful. The hardest part was figuring out what we wanted to serve on the actual day! Throughout the whole process, Sarah worked with us on making sure we were able to get what we wanted within our budget. On the day of our wedding all of the staff did an INCREDIBLE job. Sarah and her team made sure we stayed on time with what we wanted to get done during our time at the museum, and made sure we were content as the Bride and Groom with our food and refreshments during the dinner reception. I would recommend this venue to any bride and groom who are looking for an outside venue with a stunning ocean backdrop. Bonus is if any brides are like me and enjoy making things, this venue really allows you to make the wedding of your dreams! We are so happy with our decision to get married at the Long Beach Museum of Art after two years of planning that we would not have had it any other way! From a Happy Mr. & Mrs. Lee

Amazing Staff and Breathtaking Venue

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Julianne G

When looking for venues for our reception (we got married in a Catholic church) I wanted something more unique than your typical hotel ballroom. As soon as I visited LBMA, I knew it was perfect! The beautiful ocean view and unique location was just right for my reception.... Read More After the wedding, guest continuously commented about how beautiful/unique/amazing/perfect the LBMA was! I was so happy to hear they loved it as much as I did! Not only is it beautiful, the staff is amazing! We worked with both Sara and Andrea and they were so nice and helpful and accommodating through the entire wedding planning process, and on the day of! They couldn't have been better! Overall it was definitely a 5+ star experience and I highly recommend it!

Excellent staff & amazing location

Reviewed on 10/20/2013 Samantha M

I have nothing but great things to say about this venue. It was a perfect location to have both the ceremony and reception in one place, and the view is amazing! They are very accommodating to your budget and schedule, and the staff alone was impeccable! They have a bridal &... Read More groom suite at separate housings in one location, and the bridal suite was in the main historic mansion. They provided bucket of beers for the boys and a bottle of champagne with cheese and fruit platter for the ladies! We ordered more from the menu and the food is absolutely delish! They allowed groom photography to take place in the museum and I can't wait to see them!! The staff was helpful throughout the whole 10 month process, and they went above and beyond with their services. Sara and her team was amazing with our dog as well. They made the day of stress free and everything went smoothly even in the sudden temperature drop that week! They filled in the gaps seamlessly and I was very impressed!! I would do it all over again with them but thank goodness it's a one time thing for us because we didn't hire a wedding planner. However, they did a superb job following through and stepping it up as event coordinators. I adore them!! I can't wait to go back just to say hello. We're now part of the LBMA family! :)

Kimberly Valdez

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

Every single element at the Long Beach Museum of Art was absolutely fabulous for our wedding in September 2013. The wedding coordinator Sara is the most professional, fun-loving, and genuine person that we have worked with in any planning business. From the beginning of the... Read More planning process all the way through to after the wedding, she gave us peace of mind and helped us enjoy every moment of our experience. The highly trained staff at LBMA worked seamlessly together as a team. We are still receiving comments from our wedding guests saying how perfect the venue, staff, and our entire day was. Thank you LBMA for your wonderful service. The food was absolutely perfect as well. Claire's at the Museum did the catering and everyone was raving about how great it was. I would recommend LBMA to anyone looking at venues. Everything was perfect for us!

Wedding

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Stephanie L

We absolutely loved Long Beach Museum of Art, especially working with the amazing Andrea! The venue was beautiful and everything went beyond smoothly. Even our guests remarked on how shockingly smoothly the whole wedding went. Andrea was accommodating, very quick to reply to any... Read More questions and concerns, and overall just an amazing person and coordinator. It was such an ideal and beautiful setting. One thing to keep in mind is the noise from the beach below during your ceremony!

Amazing place

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Natalie W

We had so many compliments from our wedding guests about the venue, even had a few tell me they would think about LBMA when it's time for them to get married. Everyone loved the view of the ocean and heard many good comments about the dinner (we had chosen the marinated tri tip... Read More and fresh tilapia). My husband and I had picked this place for our wedding because it was one of the few venues where the ceremony and reception were outside, whereas many of the hotels we looked at along the coast had only the ceremony outdoors and the reception in their ballrooms. Plus, LBMA was more in our budget in comparison with the hotels and other venues we had seen. Also, because LBMA comes with their own catering, bar, and seating and dining rentals, it took away a lot of the stress of finding vendors for all of that. Andrea was my main contact throughout the process and she was amazing. I didn't know what I was doing really and she made it an easy process and offered suggestions and was as sweet as can be. Our wedding went off without any problems and it was an amazing experience having it there. I will definitely recommend it to my friends and family.

Classy

Reviewed on 8/16/2013 Shannon P

There are so many words that I could use to describe how perfect the whole experience was planning and having my wedding/reception at the Long Beach Museum of Art; however, I do not feel that any of them can fully communicate my thoughts. From the very beginning, our event... Read More coordinators, Sara and Nallely, were so friendly, energetic, and knowledgeable. Both of them made me, my husband, and our families feel like we were old friends. They offered their advice based on their experience of planning many events, and problem solved with us when we wanted to be creative with our plans. They were well organized, communicative, and flexible. On the day of the wedding, they were such a relief to have there to keep us on schedule and take care of any needs we may have had in such a kind and gracious way. As for the venue, it is pure and simply beautiful. The historical house, the grounds, and the views were absolutely breathtaking the evening of our wedding. I am still hearing from my guests how gorgeous the museum was for the site of our wedding. There was a perfect amount of space for dancing, the restaurant (house) was available for extra crafty decorating ideas, the food (Claire's) was delicious, the service was great, and I could go on and on...On top of all the wonderful qualities, the venue was affordable. If I had to go back and plan the whole thing again, I would not hesitate to choose the Long Beach Museum of Art; and I would recommend this venue to anyone who would like a personable, memorable, and classy event.

LBMA Review - (Sara is AMAZING!!!)

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Betzabeth R

I had an amazing experience with the LBMA; everybody in our wedding had a great time! I got lots of compliments on the venue and the food!!! Sara was a sweetheart, and it was great to work with her, she answered all of our questions and went above and beyond to meet our... Read More requests. I definitely recommend this place. My hubby and I couldn’t have been happier with any other place  Thanks so much to Sara and all the LBMA staff for being so helpful and accommodating!!!

Our Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 7/22/2013

Review of 6/2/2013 wedding at Long Beach Museum of Arts

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Cindy W

My wife and I fell in love with the venue when we first saw it. After all the meetings, planning, and the actual wedding, we love it even more. It's perfect for 200 people or less, it has a great view of the Long Beach harbor (including the Queen Mary!), the indoor and outdoor... Read More layout allows for a lot for creativity, and the staff can follow your schedule to the T. Only drawback I can think of is parking, but that's the problem with most beach venues. If you're in the area, you must have a tour!

May Wedding at LBMA

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Lorena G

Although it was all really fast paced because of the time, it all worked out really well. The ceremony overlooking the ocean was beautiful! I loved how the ceremony and the reception were all held at the same place so guest didn't have to travel anywhere else. The staff there... Read More was wonderful and Andrea the coordinator was amazing!