Your Perfect Day With A Custom Soundtrack

Rob Bediako has over 10 years of experience bringing to you the very best in professional sound, equipment and lighting. With almost an endless music catalog that is updated weekly, Rob is guaranteed to have the right tracks to make your function a success, whether you are planning a wedding, graduation, corporate event or house party nothing is too big or too small. What makes Rob exceptional is his limitless range to cater to multi-genres, while also possessing the discipline to stick to whatever YOU prefer. He prides himself on providing fun and entertaining music that is also clean and wholesome. It doesn't matter if its Top 40 Pop music, Hip-Hop classics or 80’s and 90’s hits, Rob will always strive for perfection when planning and performing for your event!

African, Caribbean, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Se Habla Español, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Maria P

Rob was an amazing DJ! I live in San Francisco but was getting married in NY and he made the planning process seamless from afar as it relates to the music. We had a Skype meeting initially to talk through our ideas and he offered suggestions. He was very responsive via email... Read More and phone. As the wedding got closer we had more frequent calls to ensure that everything would go smoothly. On the day of the actual wedding, Rob traveled from Philly and arrived early to set up. He was extremely professional and supportive. We received many compliments on our DJ because he was able to read the crowd well and tailor the playlist to what was getting them most engaged. He included a variety of genres which was perfect since we had people from different cultures, generations, and geographies in the room. He was able to bring everyone together - my mom danced the entire night, including to the West Coast songs. I would highly recommend Rob for other weddings and events. The quality of service was amazing, his price was right, and overall he was a gentlemen who helped make my special day go that much more smoothly. His musical abilities are highly sought after and respected. I wish him the best of luck in future endeavors.

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Indra H

Rob was awesome! He was easy to work with. The planning process beforehand was great. My wife and I were not super specific with songs and such, but just trusted Rob (from previous events/weddings) to do his thing! I has a good feel for the crowd and just plays the right blend... Read More of music from the genres we like. We didn't get to do much dancing, but everyone had a great time. He did a great job with pre-ceremony and ceremony music, as well as MC during the reception! Very personable and in touch with us, regularly checking in with us to make sure things were going accordingly or if time needed to be adjusted here or there. He is a DJ you can trust and again, very easy to talk to and work with! Highly recommended! Thanks ROB!!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Dan H

Rob was the best DJ and the easiest person to deal with throughout the process. Rob was a great communicator throughout the process, worked with our budget and helped us focus on the important moments and elements of the wedding. He was also great at rolling with last minute... Read More changes to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. Rob is and was the best DJ, and we are so glad he helped us with our wedding. We highly recommend him to anyone, and hope that he DJs every other wedding we go to because he is just so good.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Chipo S

Rob is THE MAN, pure and simple. He's a music enthusiast with an attention to detail and knows how to read and control a crowd of people. My wife and I just got married less than 2 months ago, but communicate with Rob extended for close to a year, just to make sure he knew... Read More exactly how we wanted things to flow. Would highly recommend him to ANYONE looking for a DJ.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Linda B

When it came to look for a DJ, we had to look no further than you!! Besides you going to high school with us and being my husband's friend, you are the utmost professional! We felt like we were in good hands from the start! You made the process so easy for us and were always... Read More available for our texts and emails! The day of our wedding, you played THE best music, especially our special requests for our nostalgic 90's hip hop!! The dance floor was never empty and smiles were on everyone's face!! You even impressed me with incorporating my traditional Serbian circle dances!! The lighting was perfect and everything went so smoothly!! You were so accommodating and checked in with me to make sure everything was going as we wished!! We were so extremely happy with everything and so glad you were part of our special day!! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you Rob!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Kenny S

Rob was an exceptional DJ. He listened to all our requests (and we had a lot). He worked with my husband and I throughout throughout the whole process and I'm happy with my choice for our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Samdai S

I have known Rob for several years. During that time, I attended a couple of events that he DJ'd. I was very impressed with his style, professionalism, the genres of music played, personality and knowledge of how to read his guests choices of music as they danced. The dance... Read More floor was always occupied while he played music. When I got engaged, I knew immediately that Rob would be the DJ for my wedding. Rob was very easy to work with in the planning process. We discussed the choices of music for each part of the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Rob did an amazing job! My family and friends really enjoyed the music. Rob made my wedding very special. I highly recommend him for your event. He is worth it!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Dylan T

Rob is THE DJ! We had a midsized wedding with a mixed crowd of numerous backgrounds (old, young, Carribean, white, black, etc.). Therefore, we wanted a mix of genres--Reggae, Haitian music, hiphop, 90s RnB, trap music. Rob had it all. He met with us to go over our vision, and... Read More he had it all planned out and documented in an easy to use template. He had simple requirements for us to provide some details around the theme, vision, and guidelines, and he did the rest. All we wanted for our wedding was a big party with our friends and family, and Rob was integral in making that happen. Some many of the attendees told us it was the best wedding they had been to, and the music was amazing. Everyone's requirements were met. All genres rocked their respective audiences and Rob got rave reviews across the board. I still haveI'd recommend Rob to anyone, and have done so already.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 O.G B

If you’re in doubt I’m here to assure you to cast those doubts aside, sit back and allow Rob to do his thing!!! I cannot stress enough how amazing, professional and detail oriented Rob is! He took the time to find out exactly what we wanted for both of our big days ( I had a... Read More traditional and a modern wedding) . He surpassed our expectations at both events we literally danced the night away and he intertwined both of our cultures in the perfect way it’s was just simply amazing! Thank you so much Rob for literally bringing the life to the party!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Jeff H

I can't believe how easy it was to work with Rob. After sending him a few questions, we had a quick phone conversation and from there I decided to work with him. We had a few touch-bases after that via phone and email and it all went smoothly. He even went the extra mile and had... Read More a Skype session to get to know us a little bit as a couple. We gave him some of our must-have songs and a playlist on Spotify to give him an idea of what we wanted. Many of my friends told me they thought the music and DJ were great (his announcements were perfect as well). So, basically, you should hire Rob because he's great to work with and will nail it for your event. If I were organize another event in Philly in the future, I'd hire him in a second.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Fabiola P

My wedding and reception was bomb! People are still telling me how much they enjoyed my special day!! Rob did a great job as my DJ/MC!! The process was great and stress free! Definitely would recommend! Thanks Rob :0)

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Sofia P

I have no reservations recommending Rob as a DJ/MC. His preparation process is thoughtful, meticulous, and stresses input from the bride and groom. Before the wedding we were asked to provide Rob with a must play and do not play list, as well as a time table for our ceremony... Read More and reception, along with any specific songs we wanted played at those pivotal moments. We spoke with Rob multiple times online to iron out details and he walked us through the event, providing thoughtful advice and ideas for how to liven up our reception. On the day of, Rob was friendly, professional, and on point. He sought out our officiant to confirm with her all the relevant cues for the ceremony and was a fantastic MC during the reception. Rob's mix was excellent. He had the dance floor packed pretty much the whole night and played music from many different decades, appealing to the wide range of guests present. Rob's mixing garnered rave reviews from our guests both that night and over the next few days. Rob is courteous, professional, and skilled. I highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Dayna S

Two months later and everyone is STILL talking about how great the vibe was at our wedding. Rob was great to work with from the beginning of the process- patient, attentive and truly engaged in getting to know us. But the proof is on the dance floor. From my 79 year old dad... Read More to our school-aged guests Rob kept the dance floor packed. We couldn't have been happier. We had a diverse guest list, ages, geography, musical tastes and no one could stay in their seats. If I could give Rob more than 5 stars I would!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Eureka A

DJ Rob Bediako is where it's at. He found a way to blend radio hits with classic tracks, while also adding international flavor (island jams, west African jams) AND keeping the whole thing family friendly...and that was before dancing even started. Once the dance floor opened up... Read More it was pandemonium. Pretty much no one sat down the rest of the night. Dude made our wedding event a house party for the ages; incredible stuff.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kosi E

There's not enough I can say about DJ Rob! From start to end, I am grateful to have worked with him for this special occasion. I had the fortune of using him for the the wedding ceremony and the reception. His preparation and execution was incredible. I'd highly recommend him.... Read More In fact, as a result of his talent, communication and implementation, I've worked with DJ Rob for more events, in addition to my wedding. DJ Rob is TOP-NOTCH!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Rawn B

I heard it said that people make the party and that can be very true, however Rob brought the music!! My photographer said it best, when he called it the dance party of the year. Rob's selection of music invited all audiences to the dance floor making it a great time for... Read More everyone.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jerome C

I first want to start by saying that Rob is very professional and does the job right every time! I booked him for my wedding and have been to countless events that had him as the DJ, believe me, they were all fantastic events in part due to Rob's constant attention to details.... Read More I highly recommend Rob for any wedding, fundraiser, corporate event, Bah Mitzvah, proposal, baby shower, etc. Thank you Rob for taking your craft serious and really doing a stand-out job every single time!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Amanda F

DJ Rob Bediako is the the coolest, most professional, and greatest DJ ever. Rob treated us as good friends and respected every decision we made about song selections and accommodating our requests. He has awesome lighting and staged himself in the perfect place right next to the... Read More dance floor. We had our wedding outside under a tent and the music was crystal clear - perfect sound quality! Everyone had fun on the dance floor! We were so happy :) Thank you Rob!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016

Rob is truly an exceptional DJ. One thing I appreciate about Rob is that he knows how to feel out the crowd. He knows what songs to get you out of your seat, and he knows what songs keep you dancing all night (or day)long! Everyone tends to be shy when they first come to an... Read More event that that has dancing, but its something about the experience his services creates that brings out the inner joy within each of us, If you didn't want to dance, you'll find yourself gravitating to the dance floor! Another great quality is that Rob is a WHOLESOME DJ! His music is clean which means you can enjoy all of your favorite songs while dancing with your mom, sister, grandmother, father, bother, or cousin and not have to cover their ears. Rob flew all the way to South Carolina to DJ at my wedding and these are the memories that I still smile about today. Although I love my wife with all my heart, I'd get married all over again just to experience the type of atmosphere he created with his music. Rob, Thank you! and I hope that you continue to bring others together with your services!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Tene T

We interviewed several DJ's for our wedding reception and Rob Bediako was by far the most professional. My wedding was in Los Angeles so hiring a DJ from the Tri-State area was a pretty big deal. After our first consultation with DJ Rob, he provided us with a well organized... Read More timeline of our reception and gave us choices of all kinds of genres and artists that we wanted played during the party. He followed up with us as many times as needed to make sure that he had a clear understanding of what we wanted and he even sent over MSExcel Spreadsheets for accuracy on the schedule. When it came time for the reception, he delivered! Our reception was a huge success, thanks to our DJ. He catered to our older guests and the hipsters at the same time - everyone was up on their feet the whole night! We would recommend his services to any one who wants an amazing party!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Mandy G

Absolutely 5 stars - we loved having Rob as the DJ for our wedding! Our guests danced non-stop and we had many friends tell us that Rob was the best wedding DJ they had ever heard. Rob was very easy to work with and helped us talk through what type of atmosphere we wanted for... Read More our reception and dance. Equally as important, he also talked us through what types of music or certain songs we didn't want played at our wedding. Rob was extremely professional - from set up, to introducing the wedding party, to break down and clean up - he was everything we hoped for and at a very competitive price. Rob helped make our wedding a memorable and fun event!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Ashley W

If we could give Rob more than 5 stars we would. We were so happy with our choice to have him as our DJ. Everyone at our wedding is still talking about how awesome he was and home fun the wedding was because of the music. His transitions from song to song were so seamless and he... Read More played all of our must play songs and everything else he played perfectly fit with the vibe we wanted. Not only was Rob awesome, but his prices are very reasonable as well. We cannot recommend Rob enough!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Hannah R

Finding DJ Rob was a blessing! From the moment we met DJ Rob, we were instantly put at ease about his capabilities to DJ our wedding. I had been searching for months for a DJ who could play a wedding that had both my African family and my husband's Irish-Italian & Hispanic... Read More family on the dance floor! DJ Rob did just that. Not only were people on the dance floor way earlier than we ever planned, but they didn't stop dancing all night! All we kept hearing was about what a great DJ we had! He takes pride in creating the perfect playlist for you with just a few suggestions and must-play songs from your end. He was very responsive, flexible, and has a temperament that makes you feel worry-free about the music for your event. He truly made our wedding reception a party to remember! Thank you from Max & Hannah!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kim S

As a musician myself, music is incredibly important to me. Finding a DJ for my wedding was absolutely no exception, as I know the DJ makes or breaks the party. Every step of the way, Rob was the best we could have asked for. I loved that he is independent, not with a company, so... Read More all the money is going to him and his family, which also made him much more affordable than entertainment companies. He was so down to earth and genuine, which was important to me. I wasn't down with a DJ being cheesy or trying too hard. He was just right. When I found his website, I checked out his SoundCloud, and you should do the same thing too if you're considering him. Every mix he chooses blows my mind, surpassing any mix I would have ever thought up myself. He handled everything from the music for the ceremony with the hookup of the speakers, same for the cocktail ceremony, and he got EVERYONE on the dance floor during the reception. I mean everyone. Parents, friends, aunts and uncles that say they never dance, grandparents, parents friends, you name it. They were out there having the time of their lives. He was very accommodating to my unique tastes in music, but also catered to the crowd without needing to play Shout, YMCA, or the Chicken Dance. If you like that kind of thing, that is fine too. He would play it if you asked him to, but not for me. : ) You will not find a better DJ, especially at a better value. I got so many compliments from friends during and after my wedding how great my DJ was. My friend is even considering booking him for her baby shower (!) just because she wants to find an excuse to hire him for an event. If your guests having a great time is important to you, definitely book Rob Bediako as your DJ.

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Shana B

The first time we met Rob, my husband and I knew that he was going to be the DJ at our wedding. There was no need to look further. Throughout the wedding process, Rob was easy to get in contact with and replied in a timely manner. He would give us ideas and was organized when... Read More it came to the music spreadsheet. When I was stressed out and trying to figure out song selections Rob assured me not to worry and was very helpful. For my ceremony entrance, there was a particular part of the song that I wanted to walk down to. He sent me several versions to ensure that I will walk down that part. Rob went above and beyond to make things happen. During the reception he had everyone on the dance floor and we could not ask for a better DJ. I would highly recommend Rob! Thank you Rob for everything you have done, we greatly appreciate it!!!