Lori Paladino Photography

(35)

Napa, CA

Award-winning wedding photographer in Napa!

A beautiful photograph is a key that unlocks a moment. Award winning wedding and lifestyle photographer, Lori focuses on real moments and emotionally inspired imagery.

Other Styles

Boudoir

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

1041 Jefferson Street, Napa, CA

The best decision we made!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Allie

Hands down, the best decision we made for our wedding was hiring Lori. Words can't begin to express how grateful I am to have had Lori as our photographer. From our first phone call, all the way through the process, Lori was phenomenal. She is a true professional, and amazing person. She took time to get to know us, understand our styles and what we were looking for from our pictures, and the result was beyond anything I could have ever imagined. I think I have watched our slideshow 400 times already. All the pictures are breathtaking - and we've gotten so many compliments from people - many saying they wish they could do their wedding over just to have Lori take their pictures!! Beyond her amazing talent, Lori is the most calming, sweet soul to have as part of your day. You can tell she loves what she does, and it shows in each picture. HIRE LORI!! She will capture your day unlike anyone else can, I can guarantee it.

Stunning pictures from a genuinely personable photographer!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Laura K

When we started planning our 7/25/2014 wedding, choosing the right photographer was at the very top of my priority list. I did an exhaustive search on the Knot and other sites, and I kept seeing Lori Paladino come up. I found galleries of her pictures, and I was so impressed. I called and emailed several photographers before her, and none of them were the right fit. But when I called Lori, I instantly knew she was going to be great for us. She is so friendly, warm, and a great listener. Right off the bat she had some great suggestions (before we even booked her!), and she made us feel very comfortable. Morever, she really provided the very best service for the price. To me, the most important question to ask for all parts of wedding planning should be ‘is it worth it?’ And she was worth every penny. Our pictures couldn’t have turned out better. Lori and her second photographer braved the 103 degree Napa heat with SMILES and never ever stopped shooting! Several of our guests commented on how much they appreciated being included in all of the pictures. She captured every single moment that we wanted to remember, and we couldn’t be happier with them. And we get to keep ALL of them! The hardest part is figuring out which ones to print and frame. I would highly recommend booking Lori to be your photographer. We had high expectations, but she truly blew us away! Thank you, Lori!

Beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 9/11/2013 Thuong L

Planning a wedding from Chicago simply meant we had to go with our gut feelings. We knew we would not be able to meet any photographers in person so we wanted to be sure we would connect over the phone. Lori is so sweet, is a great listener and her online portfolio definitely caught our attention. When we finally met Lori on our wedding day, we were pleasantly surprised by how cool and calm she was and her ability to move things along all the while taking many great shots. I don't remember ever feeling like a photographer was really there but she and her assistant that day, Luke, were just fabulous. They directed us in some cases (family shots, formals, etc) but for the most part, they just did their thing, blended in, and let us and our guests enjoy the wedding. Fast forward to when she sent us our photos. Oh my... words cannot describe how beautiful they are. Lori and her team did wonders with our photos and we are so happy she was the one we chose. You will not be disappointed with Lori. She is professional and one of the best there is. Thank you, Lori, for our beautiful photos!

Lori Paladino Photography BR Cohn winery wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 michele w

Lori was absolutely great to work with and I could not love the photos any more. She is an absolutely amazing job. I gave her some photo ideas I would like to see and she went above and beyond. We met a few times before the wedding, I was able to show her some photos I would like, I even asked Lori during the day to take certain photos and she was great! I love candids and we got some really good ones that showed how fun, loving and special out day was. Lori loved to use the natural light and it definitely came through in the photos. I was more than happy to splurge on a high quality photographer as this will let me relive the best day of my life now and forever :-) Thank you Thank you Lori, you have a gift!

Beautiful photos, personable and detail-oriented photographer

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

Lori was a really great fit as our wedding photographer, as she was full of ideas and very open to matching our preferred aesthetic. In fact, in our meetings leading up to the wedding, she made sure to confirm via a detailed questionnaire what our exact preferences were regarding things like posed photos versus candid shots, different categories of pictures (first looks, family photos, shots taken at sundown), and the overall vibe we had in mind for our wedding. The day of the wedding, Lori was GREAT. She is super personable and friendly, and is also sure to maintain communication with the bride and groom about how things are going and minor questions that come up throughout the course of the day. Our families had a lot of requests for specific portrait photos, and Lori was organized and handled the list like a pro. The best part, though, was the end result -- these photos are gorgeous. When I received Lori's slideshow of my wedding, I watched it three times in a row. The attention to detail and storytelling that is embedded in each shot are a testament to Lori's talent and experience.

Captured our day perfectly!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Katharine C

Lori was referred to us through a friend and was so pleasant to work with from our first conversation. Her pricing was very reasonable and fair, but what made her stand out is the way she perfectly captured our day. Lori and her assistant were present all day, from getting ready to the reception dance party. They were present and took photos but I never felt like they were intruding - which was really important to me on such an intimate (and special) day. Overall, they brought a ton of energy to a positive day, and provided us with great images within 3 weeks. She put together a "best of" album that really told a beautiful story of our wedding day. I would recommend her to anyone!

Amazing and ephemeral

Reviewed on 10/19/2014

Lori and her staff were wonderful. They are creative, efficient and ephemeral. What I mean by the last adjective, of course, is that they were everywhere we wanted them to be capturing the all of the most obvious and the most subtle but important moments on our special day. Lori an staff are terrific photographers. The colors, subjects, sharpness and context are all well understood and professionally presented in their work. They are also NICE people. Weddings are stressful and there's a lot going on so there is a lot to be said for professionals who are cool, calm and collected under the pressure of a big day like a wedding! We would recommend Lori to anyone who wants to have an amazing collection of memories from a day that will surely be a full one!

Wonderful photographer and person!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

My finance at the time and I attended the Trentadue Winery Wedding Faire where we were looking to find different vendors for our wedding. When we came across Lori, we both knew instantly we wanted her to be our wedding photographer. Not only were Lori's photos amazing, we loved her personable, thoughtful and genuine nature. Lori was so easy to work with in every capacity. We loved all our pictures which makes it very hard to choose the ones we want printed for our album. Also, Lori captured so many special moments that we didn't see. The slideshow that Lori put together for us selecting various photos of our day (great song selections too) brought back wonderful memories of our special day. It brings tears of joy for everyone who has viewed the slideshow. We cannot recommend Lori enough. She really is amazing! Thank you Lori for making our wedding day even more special...

Hiring Lori was the BEST wedding decision I made!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 kim h

My engagement was 10 months, giving me plenty of time to do ample research on Bay Area (and Southern California!) photographers. Lori was recommended to me by a friend whose sister was married at our venue and used Lori for her photographs. I believe the quality of Lori's work speaks for itself. Her photographs are absolutely stunning!! What I appreciated most about working with Lori was how she genuinely cared for my fiance and I as we talked with her about what we wanted with our photographs. She spent over an hour on the phone (and exchanged numerous emails) with me before I even signed a contract so she could understand our vision and see if she might be a good fit for us. Unlike many other vendors I spoke with, Lori listened, asked pertinent questions, and was so friendly and likeable! During the planning process, Lori made signing the contract, making payments, and discussing the Day-Of plan STRESS FREE! She personalized our payment plan to fit our needs and was incredibly organized so that our wedding day went so smoothly. Lori and her team were punctual and very professional at our wedding. They made everyone feel so comfortable-they have an easygoing but very structured approach (she kept the pace going so we'd stay on time, but was sweet the entire time). Numerous people told me they didn't even realize a photographer was at our wedding (which is what I wanted-no distractingly loud and in-you-face cameras). Lori captured every meaningful moment of our wedding day. When I look at the photographs she took, I am immediately transported back to that very moment and can feel the emotions and thoughts that were running through my heart and head. You will LOVE your photos if you work with Lori!!! Lori sent us a beautiful wood-engraved USB of our photos very soon after our wedding. I have yet to design our wedding album with Lori, but I am so confident that it will be a breeze because so far, Lori has made the entire photography process simple, enjoyable, and rewarding! Lori answers emails and phone calls quickly, genuinely cares, works with an amazing team, and will take care of you so that your wedding photographs will be a precious heirloom. You can tell that she truly loves photography and capturing special moments for her clients! Booking with Lori was the best decision I made! She books up quickly so go book her now!!! Also-her instagram makes me swoon-Napa scenery, her adorable kids, and gorgeous weddings!

Thoughtful and Photojournalistic Work

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Cherie L

Lori came highly recommended to us by one of my girlfriends who had worked with her for her wedding. In my girlfriend's words, 'Lori is so sweet, you would want to hang out with her as a friend.' True to form, Lori put us at ease as soon as we met her. She explained the process of her wedding photography with patience, and was flexible with tailoring a timeline that fit our priorities and our budget. Up to our wedding day, all of our communications were clear and easy, through a digital portal that she had set up for us. She was also available to walk through our venue with us before the wedding and was very receptive to our ideas and opinions. On the day of the wedding, Lori was attentive, detail-oriented and very easy to work with. As with a previous reviewer, my husband and I were nervous that we would look awkward in the photographs, but she had a knack for encouraging our personalities to shine through. Lori and her assistant both were skillful in capturing the 'action' but never being in the way. We really appreciate (and don't quite understand) how they got so many amazing shots without our noticing. We were completely surprised when, a month later, Lori sent us a digital slideshow that integrated our wedding song. It was priceless to relive the memories of that day, and doubly so because we did not hire a videographer. The time and effort that Lori had spent to put together a slideshow really showed how much she cares about each wedding. She delivered exactly what she had promised (and more). We are tremendously grateful for Lori and her assistant in making our wedding such a happy occasion to remember.

Absolutely the best

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Lindsay F

Lori and her 2nd photographer were absolutely fantastic for my wedding - I cannot recommend them highly enough to anyone looking for a photographer. They captured amazing moments and gorgeous shots and were so flexible and helpful as we coordinated across locations and group photos. I did a lot of research looking for photographers and what you get for Lori's package is far above and beyond the other photographers and with much better photos too.

Lori Paladino Photography

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Erica S

Bottom line: if photos are important to you and a priority in your wedding and budget, look no further than Lori. Her photos are gorgeous, her service is impeccable, and on top of all that she's exactly the type of person you hope to have by your side on the big day. I can't recommend her and her team highly enough. Love. Her.

Brilliant

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Nadine R

Looking at Lori's past work and speaking with her on the phone, we knew she was the perfect match for capturing our wedding day. Her easy-going and friendly nature was refreshing and comforting. She listened to what we were looking for and was very accommodating, offering wonderful suggestions and tips based on her years of experience. My husband and I are not very comfortable in front of the camera and were worried that we would look very unnatural in our photos. Luckily, Lori is such a pleasure to spend time with that we were able to just be ourselves and be at ease the entire day. Lori is calm and organized - letting the day simply happen and working her magic behind the scene. The photos were absolutely magnificent and bring back such wonderful memories from our special day that we will have for years to come. The rich emotions of pure joy and happiness shine through, as does the ambiance and feel of the entire day. Lori captured our day perfectly -- accurately and beautifully. Everyone we have shared our photos with is absolutely amazed by Lori's work and her natural ability to capture the small moments that together tell the story of our wedding day. We could not be more thrilled to have had the chance to work with Lori and would highly recommend Lori to anyone!

Flexible and capable

Reviewed on 9/15/2013

Lori was wonderful. She was exactly what we wanted - a low key yet capable photographer who could provide us with digital images and an online album. We also didn't want to spend a lot of money so Lori worked with us on a package that met our needs within our budget. Most importantly, her photos were beautifully crafted and we didn't even notice she was there. This is hard to do and Lori pulled it off expertly. Since I am also a photographer I tend to be more critical than most customers and Lori didn't disappoint. I stopped short of giving her 5 stars on quality only because some of the processed photos were a little bit overexposed, but it wasn't a big deal since I was able to easily adjust them with my own photo software. In summary I would recommend Lori to anyone and I am very pleased with the overall value that she provided.

Wedding Perfection!

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Liana B

After looking at dozens of photographers, I fell in love with Lori's photographic style. What made me hire her, however, was her easygoing yet professional attitude. I knew what I did not want in a photographer and I instantly trusted Lori to deliver beautiful photographs that truly reflected me, my fiance, our family and our emotions. She did just that. She was efficient, organized, calming and respectful. At my wedding, I did not notice her nor her lovely additional photographer, yet they captured every moment of our incredible day. Lori has an elegant and simple aesthetic that allows the wedding to shine for itself...with a little help, of course! My experience continued to be wonderful as I painstakingly chose my pictures. Lori made this possibly stressful chore so easy by providing me with a "highlights" section that she had already touched up and organized. I was not obligated to choose any of the pictures in this section, but it was wonderful to see our wedding unfold in such a beautiful and natural way. I will hire Lori to document every major event in my life!

Angel with a Camera

Reviewed on 4/23/2013 Faye G

As I write this, the slideshow of Adam's and my wedding that Lori crafted is playing in the background. I am so grateful to have these as they are certainly one of our newest and most cherished family treasures. From the get, Lori's kind, patient manner and experience proved to be a huge help to us. She guided us in our choices around a first look and family portraits always steering us towards reality and the assurance that it would all be gorgeous and that there was no need to worry. Lori was patient and professional with my Nana, who, in her Nana way, had lots of questions. When we met at our venue to scope out the light and the space, our visit left me with confidence that I could completely turn it over and Lori would make it beautiful. Both Lori and her assistant Marita were so much more than photographers on our wedding day. They were a constant, calming presence with a mission for bringing out the best in everyone around and shedding light on special moments. Lori helped me take some boudoir shots and made me feel totally at ease and lovely. She captured the pre-wedding feeling amongst the bridesmaids without a staging anything. She and Marita herded what seemed like a million family members set on mingling and celebrating with ease and efficiency. Adam and I never felt rushed or like we were wasting our wedding posing for photos. It was a magical thing to see a sneak peek of our pictures just two days later. Our slideshow and full gallery were up not long after and were user friendly enough that my elderly relatives figured them out with no problem. Every single photo in our collection is beautiful. Everyone looks great. The light is delicious. There are moments of joy, big and small, in each photograph. Lori shaped the shots in way that captures everything that was so incredible about our wedding. Somehow, they seem drenched in the love we felt that day. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change one thing. Thank you Lori.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Caitlin K

Lori was absolutely amazing. She did our engagement photos and our wedding photos, and we were thrilled with all of them. My husband and I hadn't done professional photos together before our engagement photos, so we were concerned about looking unnatural or uncomfortable in front of the camera. Lori made us feel really comfortable and it really shows in our photos. On the day of our wedding, she and her team were professional, kind, patient, and caring. They were really organized, but also very easy going and flexible. Lori made sure to understand in advance what style photographs we were looking for, and she captured our day perfectly. When we shared our photos with family and guests, they were all blown away by them. Again and again people have told us how our photos captured us and the event perfectly. Also, we have big families and Lori did a wonderful job coordinating large groups of people. We cannot believe that we ended up with photos of our entire families in which everyone looks great! It's a miracle! We also really liked the online tools that Lori uses. It was really easy to share our photos and select for printing. We have a lot of friends who have gotten married, and have therefore spent a great deal of time on photographers websites looking at photos, and I think Lori's system is the best we've seen/used. It was such a relief working with Lori - she made us feel comfortable throughout the process and not once was I ever concerned that we would end up with great photos. We know we'll cherish these images forever!

Lori is fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/11/2012 Kim G

I fell in love with Lori's photos after seeing the photos of a friends wedding come back that she had shot. Her photos are so crisp and really seem to capture the people in them in an authentic, but beautiful way. I immediately called her and worked with her on a package that would met my individual needs. Lori was easy to work with, very organized with her planning tools, available to work through the plans in advance and most importantly, made everyone so comfortable throughout the wedding day. She and her staff blended in, but also made sure we caught all key moments. During the ceremony and reception, they made sure to check in and plan the key moments we wanted in a way that was not intrusive at all, but made it easy to relax and took any concern off of me about wanted to make sure we got certain shots. In the end, the photos were beautiful and I love Lori's slideshows. Lori sends an immediate slide show of her favorite pictures and allows you to download those immediately which is fantastic to get you started with your pictures. Then she uploads the remaining photos to a site where you can compare and select the final one's in your package. Getting the initial photos up front made it much easier to take my time picking the full set of pictures. All in all, I was incredibly happy with selecting Lori as my photographer. She could not have been a better part of the team during my wedding and now I have incredible pictures that will help us remember all of the important moments of the day!

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2012 TIFFANY B

Lori is an absolutely amazing photographer. Not only is she good at what she does, but she's easy to work with. She was so helpful on our wedding wedding day. I really can't thank her enough. The day after our wedding Lori emailed us 5 sneak peak pictures. Oh my gosh, I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw these images. They were absolutely perfect pictures. Everyone is nervous about how they will turn our in pictures. Lori made me look wonderful in our wedding pictures. The sneak peak images were incredible but ultimately it just made me want more :) Lori has a wedding blog online, so when your pictures are finished being edited, she posts some on her blog and writes a little something about the couple. It's such a nice touch. You really know that Lori LOVES what she does for a living. This isn't just a job for her. She really loves photography. She is a true artist. I loved our wedding slideshow. You get to pick 2-3 songs for Lori to use and you can send the link to family and friends. It's a great way to share your pictures. I loved it. We really have sooooo many AWESOME, AMAZING, FANTASTIC, PERFECT wedding pictures. It's so hard to choose which ones to put in frames in our house. I want to frame them all and make our house into a wedding shrine, just kidding :) A family member of ours got married a few months before we did and we got to see the final wedding images. I can honestly say she only had a couple of keepers out of the thousands of images the photographer took. That is the complete opposite with us. When every single one of your pictures could truly be in a magazine, you know you have one heck of a photographer. Our family and friends couldn't believe how beautiful the pictures came out. Several people told us that they belong in magazines and complimented Lori's work. It was a great feeling. Lori captured our big day perfectly. No one could've done a better job. I knew she was going to do a great job just by talking to her and seeing her work on her website, but she still exceeded all expectations. We live out of state, but I can't wait to travel back to the Napa Valley area and have Lori take family pictures of us one day. I would highly recommend Lori Paladino to anyone. She's one of a kind!!

amazing

Reviewed on 11/08/2012 amani h

Lori was one of the best parts of my wedding day. Her level of genuine dedication started when we first met her in San Francisco and persisted through the wedding day and even after. She was my "wing woman" on my wedding day. Calm and poised throughout the wedding day she was my pillar of support and tranquility. She wasnt overbearing and yelling like I see with other wedding photographers. And like a ninja she delivers the best pictures and got amazing shots. any photographer can take good pictures but She takes the extra effort to get to know you, find out exactly your style and executes it to perfection. I cant say enough about Lori and her quality of service. I plan to have her be a part of many more milestones in my life as there is no one else I would trust to capture such important moments.

Love in San Francisco

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Caitlin O

In the lead up to the wedding Lori really wanted to understand what we wanted and I told her that we wanted her to capture our authentic lives in San Francisco. Lori embraced the idea fully and took photos in our little 600' apartment that my husband and I lived in together for a year and a half, the "very San Francisco" doorway of our building, and in the Presidio that we love so much. I always tease my husband and tell him that my other great love is San Francisco and Lori did a fabulous job of photographing my adoration for my husband and the city where we fell in love.

Amazing to work with

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Meghan H

Lori was such a pleasure to work with! About a month before the wedding Lori took our engagement photos and made sure we were totally comfortable. We loved the photos and used a lot of them for our wedding day. On the wedding day, Lori arrived early and stayed late. She was SUPER organized the entire time I worked with her. She made sure she had a list of all of the shots I was looking for. What I liked the best is her ability to capture the moments and emotions of the day. We got some great posed shots, but I loved her candid shots even more. She is so professional and wasn't intrusive at all. She made the day go so easy and we love our pictures!

Amazing Photos

Reviewed on 1/17/2012 Melissa R

Lori photographed my brother and sister-in-laws wedding, and after seeing how their photos came out, it was an easy choice for our wedding. Our engagement photos were amazing. Lori was fun to have at our wedding, and I cannot wait to see the wedding photos.

Amazing Photographer and Person

Reviewed on 1/02/2012 cia r

Lori photographed my wedding and she managed to capture the true emotion in every person's face in various moments throughout the ceremony and reception. She made sure my husband and I were so comfortable around her, which was easy for her since she is so relaxed, professional, and fun! She listened so carefully to all the elements important to us to capture and she photographed those moments/memories and so much more. I have gotten so many compliments on my photos and we still can't decide on a favorite since there are so many. The photographs are so incredible and when we look back at them we can see the emotion we were feeling in each moment! Lori was so easy to work with and added so much joy and happiness to our wedding day! I have recommended to every person I know getting married and think she takes the best photographs hands down!! Our photographs are beautifully displayed in our home and every time someone comes over they ask who our photographer was! It made the day so easy trusting Lori and being with not only an amazing photographer, yet a wonderful person!

Heartwarming photos wowed us!

Reviewed on 11/15/2011 Marisa B

Lori's photos beautifully captured the emotions of the wedding day. She focuses mostly on people and emotion and that worked great for what we wanted. The photos of everyone from my 1 year old nephew little man of honor to one of my grandfather and me were just precious. Family and friends have raved to me about how wonderful the photos are and how well they capture the joy of that day. We especially loved the online highlight slideshow and highlight pics she provided as a bonus for free! She is easy to work with and did a fantastic job.

TO Lori Paladino Photography