Los Encinos Texas Hill Country Estate

SAN ANTONIO, TX

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Discerning to-be-weds choose Los Encinos Texas Hill Country Estate in San Antonio, Texas, to exchange their vows and celebrate their union. Ideal for both wedding ceremonies and receptions, the venue accommodates up to 250 guests. On a sprawling 14 acres of land, the grounds are covered in oak trees, providing shade in this private and scenic environment.

This traditional wedding venue provides more than just the essentials for the festivities. Background music, decorations and candles are just some of the items provided by the venue with the rental, allowing the bride and groom more time and energy to focus on each other and their guests during their wedding day and the days leading up to it. Complimentary dressing areas are also provided for the couple, letting them get ready for the event on-site. Outdoor and indoor locations are available for the ceremony and reception.

Outdoor Arbor. An arbor–or bridal arch–is erected outside and ready for a traditional wedding ceremony. Covered with live wisteria in the springtime and white dogwood blooms in the winter, the arbor is immaculately decorated.

Reception Hall. This indoor reception hall provides shelter from hot Texas summer weather and chilly winter winds. Vaulted ceilings, rustic wood architecture, stone detailing and high windows make the building blend beautifully with the surrounding landscape.Catering and service are both included when the to-be-weds rent the facility for a reception.

This all-inclusive venue provides a variety of table choices for a sit-down meal, as well as cocktail tables and specialty tables, including a table for gifts, buffet tables, a guestbook signing table, a cake table and a head table for the bride, groom and guests of honor. Mahogany Chiavari chairs are provided for the reception, and white padded garden chairs are available for the wedding ceremony. The couple can choose from a variety of colors for cloth napkins, and have a choice of table toppers, centerpieces, table runners and table lighting.

A bar station and a bartender are included with reception rentals, but the guests or to-be-weds must provide the drinks. Due to state law, all alcoholic beverages brought into the venue have to be handed over to the bartender to serve. A margarita machine and punch fountain are also available on-site, but the couple has to provide the ingredients. Champagne buckets, ice and specialty glassware for all types of alcoholic beverages are provided by the vendor.

The venue also provides catering and all the tableware required for meals. Cake cutting service and all the utensils are also included. The professional staff provides set-up and take-down service, and packages leftover cake and beverages for the couple to take home.

Shepard's hooks with glass globes to line the aisle to the arbor, silver candelabra and deck heaters for winter events are included to add to the elegant wedding experience at Los Encinos Texas Hill Country Estate. The venue also provides media equipment such as microphones, speakers, background music and a CD player. Although the venue provides the essentials and more for the ceremony and reception, the couple can also choose to add upgrades to their package for a one-of-a-kind experience. For an additional fee, the couple can add these items to their package:

• LED uplights
  • Gobo lighting that projects names or initials on the wall
  • Chair pads for added comfort during the reception
  • Glass cylinders with flowers or lights or glass ornaments without flowers to decorate the arbor
  • Additional bar, bartender, buffet table or a children's buffet table

Your All Inclusive Texas Hill Country Venue

Sitting on 14 acres, surrounded by majestic oak trees, and nestled in the Texas Hill Country, this venue is sure to provide a stunning backdrop for your wedding. Enjoy the causally elegant ambiance that will have your guests raving. **Check out our Facebook for details about our Sept 24 mixer**

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning

24183 BOERNE STAGE RD, SAN ANTONIO, TX (210) 698-1654

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Paula J

My daughter was married at this beautiful venue in January of this year. My daughter and I met with Bertha (owner) and began planning a year in advance. We met with Bertha several times with many questions( we were clueless about planning a wedding) and she was always so kind... Read More and patient with us. She walked us through every step of the planning and just gave us suggestions to help guide us. Bertha and her staff were all there behind the scenes to keep us on track the night of the wedding and to make sure everything went well. It was a perfect wedding and we received so many compliments. Bertha was truly a godsend for us and we are forever grateful to her for making this special time in our lives so wonderful. I would highly recommend Bertha for either of her venues. -Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Jasmine G

I received so many compliments on the venue from my family and friends. It was absolutely beautiful. My (now) husband and I picked this venue because it was all inclusive, had the open bar option and was well within our budget. We were a little hesitant at first only because of... Read More the weird layout and there was not a sit down for food tastings. If you wanted to try out an entrée, you had to go during a weekend that a wedding had that entrée to pick up a plate. But, for that price, you just can’t complain. If I could do it all over again, I would still choose Los Encinos. Bertha really helped in the selection of the table linens and her daughters answered all of my questions concerning the open bar. The final presentation really exceeded all of my expectations. It looked exactly like how I envisioned it. We were having such a good time that we added half an hour of dancing time and Bertha and her team were very accommodating to our last minute request.

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Lacey H

We chose this venue for a our wedding because it was "all-inclusive" which was nice since we were planning from California. The venue is GORGEOUS, and it really shines at night. Bertha was great about answering questions leading up to the big day. Overall, our wedding was... Read More beautiful and so much fun, but there are some things to note about this venue. 1. It is small and there is no way 150 people could comfortably sit inside (they have a 150 guest minimum). They require your final guest count a week in advance and if you don't meet the 150 minimum the money for the meal goes into appetizers which is great - surprisingly the food was really good! 2. The venue is shaped really weird so guests are literally in corners where they cannot see or hear anything. 3. There is no day-of-coordinator. Initially I was told that Bertha or her daughters would keep things on track, but when I visited a few months later, I was told that they would not be doing that. 4. The guest entrance is off to the side and not clearly marked, so guests walked through the front doors and were inside roaming around rather than waiting outside for everything to begin. Had we been living and planning our wedding in Texas, I would not have chose this venue. Simply due to the fact that they are "all-inclusive" just made things easier and less stressful from planning at a distance.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Ashley S

We absolutely loved what Bertha and the girls did for our wedding. Everything turned out perfect and Bertha was always available to answer my 100 questions. This is an all inclusive venue which was another reason we chose it.

Amazing experience

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Sally M

Los Encinos was the first and only venue we saw for our wedding. I instantly fell in love with the property. Bertha and her staff made it easy to plan a beautiful wedding! We received great service from day one. They made sure all of our needs were met. The food was delicious... Read More and the decorations were perfect! Los Encinos provided everything, which was exactly what we were looking for since we had to plan wedding from out of state. We received numerous compliments on the venue and the food!

Los Encinos is perfect for any bride

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 David A

Being on a budget and planning your own wedding with a huge family guest count can be tough, but Los Encinos and their awesome staff can make it amazing. We had about 110 people at our wedding, I was planning the whole thing while also working full time, and our budget was... Read More pretty small compared to most Texas weddings. I did tons of research and visited quite a few venues, but LE stuck out as an all-inclusive one-stop-shop. I didn't have to worry about coordinating a caterer, hiring a bartender, getting linens, getting silverware, getting centerpieces... it was ALL there. LITERALLY you only need to bring the priest (if you're getting married there), photographer, the alcohol that you want served, cake and DJ. They have everything else. We brought extra decorations and favors, of course, and everything went so smoothly. Bertha and her daughters seriously know what they're doing and will put you at ease so you can party all night!

Incredible!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Roberta B

My husband and I experienced wonderful service at Los Encinos Hill Country Estate! Bertha was incredibly helpful and knows just what she's talking about. I recommend this venue to everyone!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Adrianna O

Los Encinos fulfilled every possible dream I had about my wedding! The place is gorgeous! The staff goes above and beyond what they have to and it's tucked away in an area that's quite and peaceful. I am very pleased and will never ever forget my wedding day! Thank you Los... Read More Encinos!

Just Stunning

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 Terry M

I chose Los Encinos because aside from it's rustic feel, it was one of the few places that let me bring in my own alcohol and was all inclusive too. I met with Bertha all throughout and she was very easy to get a hold of and responded promptly to my many emails. Everything was... Read More stress free and easy which is of course highly desired in what is normally a high stress planning process (at least from what I've witnessed from friends). The day went smoothly and exactly what I wanted. I will definitely recommend this venue to friends, family, loved ones and everyone in between!

Hassle free dream!

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Debbie S

Thanks Bertha and her daughters for making my wedding day perfect! Planning was easy because they are all inclusive in their package. Tables, chairs, tablecloths, napkins, centerpieces, bartender etc etc is taken care of and set up for you. Everything was beautiful and the food... Read More was delicious. I got rave reviews (and still today) from family and friends alike. This place is wonderful. Highly recommended!

Best wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Amanda G

The staff was extremely professional and the price was excellent. We were on a tight budget and communication with Los Encinos was so beautifully done. The place was complimented by all our guests and everyone was very impressed especially my husband and I. I couldn't have... Read More picked a better location. The food was delicious and the staff delivered everything so beautifully.

Amazing Wedding Day

Reviewed on 7/06/2013 Amanda G

I got married at Los Encinos on May 11 and am SO happy and pleased that the dream wedding I always wanted came true. Booking my wedding here was the best thing I could've done to lessen my anxiety of planning a wedding. It's almost a one stop shop-they provide almost everything... Read More for you like my linens, chairs, napkins, centerpieces, etc. and they have lots of colors to choose from. I immediately knew I wanted their burlap runner with their mason jars. Bertha and her staff were very helpful all throughout before, up to, and including the wedding day. Everything went off without a hitch. Thanks so much to Los Encinos! I will definitely be recommending this place to friends and family.

Bride

Reviewed on 5/12/2013 Stephanie P

The area is beautiful and they offer many amenities which is very helpful. The only issues I have are as follows: you need to really know your head count the week before the wedding because you are automatically charged for 150 but if you have less guests the remaining amount... Read More paid goes toward appetizers. We gave our head count the week of the wedding and they refused to count anything less than 150 toward the appetizers and would not serve the additional food we had to purchase to whoever wanted seconds. Also, the chicken was raw for at least 10 of our guests which was very disappointing, for some the chicken still had blood.

Wedding made easy!

Reviewed on 12/02/2012 mirza m

I had an awesome wedding day thanks to Los Encinos! Thorough out the whole planning Bertha was very helpful and always answered my questions anytime I called her. I was planning the wedding from another state so I called her a lot! lol . I had an outside ceremony and inside... Read More receptions. All my guests kept saying how pretty everything was. What I like the most about this place was that everything was included. The day of I didnt have anything to worry about. They decorated absolutely everything and made sure everything was cleaned up afterwards. The food was great and the service so nice. I do wish maybe they had more bathrooms so guests wouldn't be coming into our dressing rooms as we were trying to get ready. In the end it was a great night and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

great experience

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Christina C

The venue is beautiful .. it was just what i was looking for. Bertha was always very helpful and really knew her stuff. We got so many compliments from the guests about the decor, venue aand food. It is a one stop shop. She offers everything you need on top of a long list of... Read More referrals. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

VERY HAPPY BRIDE!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Erika C

My dream wedding took place at Los Encinos! Bertha and her daughters (Arlene and Denise) were so friendly and made us feel so comfortable each time we visited the location by answering our questions and meeting our requests. On our wedding day, they made it a point to make... Read More sure everything was perfect! The atmosphere, the food and the service was impeccable! Thank you for making our special day a memorable one! Erika Chavez

Hill Country Bash

Reviewed on 7/26/2012 Stephanie B

Since high school, I've wanted to check out Los Encinos when the time came to get married - it was close to our home and church and had an element of mystery behind all those trees. From the day I visited, I knew this had to be the place for our reception. I was planning a... Read More wedding from out of town and Los Encinos was able to take care of a ton of reception details for me. In booking Los Encinos, we were provided with on-site catering (which was reasonable with plates from 19.95-29.95 pp), colored table linens, place settings, cake cutting, byob bar, bartender service, centerpieces, and a beautiful ambiance. We even took advantage of some additions through uplighting along the back walls. Bertha, the owner, was so accommodating and worked with us to create a memorable reception! Such a great value and couldn't have imagined it being any better!

Our Perfect Wedding!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2012 Carol S

Greg and I were married at Los Encinos Hill Country Estate a week ago on June 2, 2012. We originally chose the venue because of the beautiful building and backyard, as well as the BYOB bar service. As we prepared for the wedding the past six months, we quickly realized what a... Read More great find we'd made. Bertha and her daughter were wonderful about letting us tour the venue and ask questions as often as we needed to to work through our own wedding day details. It was extremely convenient to have one vendor to work with for tables, chairs, linens, candles, food, wait staff, bar service, etc. We made a few upgrades from her standard package and had several unusual requests on top of that, but Bertha was fine with each of them. Bertha was also very helpful during the rehearsal and the morning of to ensure everything went smoothly. The ceremony took place in the backyard. We planned for 237 guests, with 15 indoor tables and 9 outdoor. About 207 actually showed up. We have received numerous calls, emails and thank you notes from family and friends, all commenting on the beauty of the venue and the fabulous wedding. I was our wedding planner, the cakes were by Ultimate Cheesecake Company, the photographer was Philip Thomas Photography, flowers were by HEB Alon, and music was by Monte Vista Strings and First Choice DJs. We rented four portal coolers from Great Events Rental to balance the 92 degree weather and hired David Pitts to entertain the younger guests. Everything else was by Los Encinos. I am so happy with the way our wedding turned out. I highly recommend Los Encinos Hill Country Estate. I attribute prior negative reviews to poor communication or poor planning, which could ruin any event, regardless of venue.

All Inclusive

Reviewed on 12/09/2011 abbie W

Great place to hold wedding and not have to do a lot of the prep work and setting up. Facility is beautiful. Food excellent. Pricing for food a little high but do have a bundle amount for some plates and at least 100 guests. Arbor needs triming, however was no issues with... Read More pictures it still looked amazing. Have to keep the owner on the ball as she forgets easily. Thank goodness for pen and paper notes.

Great venue

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Allison C

The atmosphere is very romantic and since it is in the hill country, the trees were beautiful. We married under the arbor and it was fabulous; the arbor was full of greenery with white sparkling lights. Getting married during the fall was fantastic; the weather was cool and I... Read More was able to choose the colors on the inside chairs and the centerpieces. The owner was very helpful and encouraging throughout the entire process. I highly recommend Los Encinos for your wedding or party!!

EXCELLENT

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Debby H

Los Encinos was wonderful! Bertha and her staff provided amazing service and took care that everything was as we expected. Excellent value for a modest budget wedding!

Los Encinos Hill Country Estate , local favorite

Reviewed on 12/16/2010 Lexi F

Voted number one venue for outdoor weddings in San Antonio by local brides on the Knot for 2008 and 2009 Los Encinos is the perfect place for dinner and dancing under the stars.

Overall, it Turned out Beautiful

Reviewed on 8/06/2010 Alison V

Beautiful venue! The rates were a little high, seeing has how you have to have 150 minimum guests, if you don't, you still have to pay for it, somehow. I don't think 150 min is quite fair seeing has how the space is on the small side unless you put tables outside. I was... Read More disappointed that the day of coordinator was so hard to track down until the wedding was actually getting started. Luckily, I had pushy bridesmaids that were able to get questions answered and things got done. It is a lot of work to "personalize" your wedding at this venue... I wanted to add personal touches since every time I was there it always looked the same, I didn't want a generic wedding. Luckily the venue was free from any other events that weekend so I was able to come and go and drop stuff off randomly and not have it mixed up with someone else's stuff. Had it been another weekend that was booked, I don't think it would have gone as smoothly setting up. I also was disappointed that food tastings were not offered, luckily, the food turned out delicious! When everything was said and done, our wedding and reception turned out beautiful!

Review for Los Encinos

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 MICHELLE P

In town but secluded. Cozy atmosphere;They have a 150 guest minimum but you will have to have tables outside to have that many people. Its too small for 150.